PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion] add a list of the death messages to help menu

Chane
August 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM
as the title states I would like a comprehensive list from 1-15/all died added to the help menu to help confusion among newer players.

when my brother started playing for example he had no idea what "many of us perished last night" meant. and it would be fun to search up the ones which are rarer such as "Literraly the entire town perished last night"

Its a good idea non the less to add it to the wiki. as this should take no longer then 5 minutes for the person who has a list of all the possibilities.

Optional: make it only list the ones you have encounterd in the game. lets say if you are really new and the first thing you see is "some of us did not survive the night" it will add it to the list in the help-menu and maybe make the help menu flash lighter.

Pro's:
-make the morning less confusing for newer players
-add something fun to look up in the spare time
-possible new achievement based upon having seen all messages.

cons:
-a bit bigger help menu (not sure if con or not)
-needs to be coded (not sure how hard it is to code)
-needs to be tracked and added to the bank file

/vote
/discuss
and hopefully /implement

Cryptonic
August 31st, 2012, 07:24 AM
I voted no, because it really adds nothing to the gameplay.
If someone doesn't know what "Some of us died last night" means, then idk what to suggest.

creedkingsx
August 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
I like learning these things through experience. Like the Night sequence sounds, and all the death descriptions and the message to say how many people died. It is fun, like a puzzle.

Damus_Graves
August 31st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Yes, but not all of them. A similar version should be added. For Example:

Each Morning there is a message detailing how many people died and by what means

Raptorblaze
August 31st, 2012, 11:11 AM
No, the actually terms mean nothing, since every kill is explained the next day. Now if you wanted a list somewhere of what each kill message (eviscerated, executed in jail etc.) means that would be another issue entirely.

Damus_Graves
August 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
No, the actually terms mean nothing, since every kill is explained the next day. Now if you wanted a list somewhere of what each kill message (eviscerated, executed in jail etc.) means that would be another issue entirely.

Can we add this to the wiki, as the death message under the individuals roles