PDA

View Full Version : What IS "name abuse"?

ChaoMing
August 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Recently played a game with the GLORIOUS Landstander (Moderator) on my troll save (which Landstander gracefully lent me host for). I decided to roll with my new... "special" name. Upon entering the night, Landstander made a ridiculous claim that I was "name abusing" whilst stating that it was a bannable offense.

Tell me... what IS "name abusing". Having more than 20 characters in your name is "name abusing" now? That's ridiculous and is counter-intuitive to the whole "no naming restrictions" unlock in every way possible.

The name I used was this: "I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills."

Tell me, if there is no vulgarity, racist/sexist slurs, or really anything "offensive" in the name at all, what is so bad about it that rewards me with a kick+warning? The fact that it is extremely long? That's completely silly and is a terrible excuse.

If you didn't want people to have names like these, you wouldn't have given players (especially those who have played long enough to earn the 5k points and have stayed out of trouble for the most part) the ability to not be restricted in the first place.

The moderators in this game have become too "corrupt" with power in my opinion and have seemed to have forgotten how the guidelines of Mafia work and have created their own rules in which players are forced to abide by. I've seen moderators in the past kick players for the stupidest reasons I have ever seen, some in which the reasons weren't even in the Mafia rules & guidelines to begin with.

I understand that the name is too long that prevents any of my text from being seen, but that is a penalty I am happy to take. Hell, I've seen a lot of positive feedback from players who had a good laugh from seeing me not able to talk, and it doesn't really bother me either way.

Damus_Graves
August 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Having a name which is longer than the chat box is name abusing imo.

People should not have to open log to see what you said.

And if they do open log and still cant see what you said, its even worse

Ambient
August 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
A name that is so long that when you type your words cannot be read, or that will block graveyard.

creedkingsx
August 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Can you create a cohesive statement to get a point across to the rest of the town? No? Abuse.

Damus_Graves
August 29th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Answered. /thread?

MissingNo
August 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Right, as others have said- you are causing problems for the other players in the game by not being able to properly communicate.

As soon as you are intentionally harming the game, you are doing something bannable.

Why on earth you think it would be allowed to have a name where you can't talk is astounding. Why even join the mafia game? Obviously you are just there to grief/troll since you can't properly play.

Ambient
August 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Just so you are aware. We generally point ban people for using a name like that.