PDA

View Full Version : new role - Singer

kyle1234513
August 25th, 2012, 08:24 PM
allignment town, power role (grouped in with mayor section)

abilities - during the day type -sing and then you select a name from the list on the right. the singer shouts out that players role to everyone in the chat. would be the equivalent to a mayors -vote reveal type of messege that is said to the townsfolk.

limited to 1/2/3/4 uses. default 2.

Nick
August 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
OP

kyle1234513
August 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM
limited uses? should i add an option for cannot be healed? and how is this OP, its implemented in tons of other mafia games across the internet, it works very well in games of 10-20 with a can not be healed. and makes an epic late game save. early game it would be the same thing as day 1 mayor reveal.

Wydrah
August 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
why even play the game if you're just going to have roles that self-confirm?

This is the reason why I don't let Spies see PMs.

kyle1234513
August 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM
why even play the game if you're just going to have roles that self-confirm?

This is the reason why I don't let Spies see PMs.

and why do we give all the evil roles night immunity? what goods a vig then.... would always do more harm then good. and only ever possibly do his job and shoot a susp godfather cit/sin to confirm him. yet in reality ppl are squishy.....

Wydrah
August 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
vigs kill most mafia, jesters, witches, and cultists (of which there can be many)

and survivors and amnesiacs if you see those as enemies

and vigs can confirm people are night immune

so...

MissingNo
August 25th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oppose the idea. It confirms 2 town or a town and a maf with absolutely zero deduction/deceit which is what the game is about.

And to be clear, that is with just 1 use since it confirms the singer.

Wydrah
August 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
^indeed

"i am singer. watch."
*sings*

two roles confirmed

then if there's a mayor that's three.

and then if the spy can read pms that's four

and then if there are masons that's x

Gzz
August 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
A pm test can be faked if you are cult or mafia , rember .

The role reveal of singer is too much OP , if reveals all bad guys they are fucked , maybe make them rb because they came to his concert or something ?

Guardian
August 26th, 2012, 03:56 AM
pure, concentrated IMBAness
you end up with 3+ CONFIRMED town/

Even disguisers wont save mafia from this

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 08:20 AM
if singer cant be heald then they die next night, and look at it this way, too many of all mafia roles are allready OP as ever. you dont have to put a singer in ur save.... mayor is still the number 1 troll and power role in game by far. singer has less power then the mayor. so if ur gunna say no to singer than remove the damn mayor >.> and hence the reason why i have limited uses... once they use it once or twice theyre done and cant do any more. so it would confirm either 1 or 2 ppl as town. or call out 1 or 2 evil roles. which the invest w/ detect exact role is better at doing cuz they wont have to reveal to do it. mayor reveal? imo thats the worst thing about it, in all other mafia games mayor has a vote of 3 without even voting, thats the flaw with the system in this game set up, ppl see how much ur vote is worth when you click, it doesnt just say "such and such has voted" and ballot is screwed up because of how many ppl u need to vote AND votes are revealed after the ballot ends.

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
-.-

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
im convinced you guys are looking at this like theres going to be so many possible confirmed townies in a single game set up. 1 additional role isnt going to stop the troll saves with as many confirmed town as possible, or random roles where anything could happen. the fault with this role would only come from bad saves, and we all know how many of those are going on right now as we speak. i suggested it be town power grouped with mayor, only 1 of its kind. and extremley limited uses. if you guys think that 2 confirmed townies are bad remove masons, if you think any -vote or -sing role reveal is bad remove mayor.

im telling you guys, this role idea is fine and works well in most saves, its just up to the host to not make it overpowered or just simply a troll set up. its already implemented in countless other mafia set ups.

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
it's just a bad suggestion. there's no point in having a role that autoconfirms two people

has nothing to do with trolls or bad saves

it's just fundamentally flawed

Bruno
August 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
im convinced you guys are looking at this like theres going to be so many possible confirmed townies in a single game set up. 1 additional role isnt going to stop the troll saves with as many confirmed town as possible, or random roles where anything could happen. the fault with this role would only come from bad saves, and we all know how many of those are going on right now as we speak. i suggested it be town power grouped with mayor, only 1 of its kind. and extremley limited uses. if you guys think that 2 confirmed townies are bad remove masons, if you think any -vote or -sing role reveal is bad remove mayor.

im telling you guys, this role idea is fine and works well in most saves, its just up to the host to not make it overpowered or just simply a troll set up. its already implemented in countless other mafia set ups.

This role is NOT fine. Nobody likes it.

This is like KnightOfDeath's role where he had a dream and it worked out fine, stop kidding yourself.

If this is ever implemented, I quit Mafia. This role destroys wifom.

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
This role is NOT fine. Nobody likes it.

This is like KnightOfDeath's role where he had a dream and it worked out fine, stop kidding yourself.

If this is ever implemented, I quit Mafia. This role destroys wifom.

if you dont like it dont put it in your save, and avoid it when possible, im telling you, its not imbalanced or OP at all. heres how the role is intented to work, late game 6 or 7 ppl left total with 3 evil roles left, reveal and save the game for the town, 4ppl left, 3 town, 1 mafia, u now make it a 50-50 for town to win assuming you dont land on the mafia. 4v4 2 town vs 2 mafia, reveal and u confirm a mafia or both mafia if u hit the townie, and town loses if you dont have a killing town as the singers partner townie. early game it would just be trolling to reveal that soon.

4 ppl left mayor reveal? town auto wins with a mayor and several other town roles, only the investigative roles would this not workout infavor of mayor. and unrevealed singer at 2v2 the mafia still wins. so tell me singer has more power than mayor.

like i said, its up to the host to make a fair and balanced save that utilizes the strength of the singers abilities and make sure it doesnt get out of hand. its already implemented in several other mafia games who have more than 20k active members with an average game of mafia between 10-20 players in a game room.

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
then go play there lmao

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 12:07 PM
then go play there lmao

i do, and the role fits in so well with their standard theme/ pre generated game set ups. it works just fine in games of 15, with villagers/citizens and a few mafia. so i thought id post it here but wow what a mistake, with all this hate against the role.

BJPage
August 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
OP!

AppleyNO
August 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I don't think you are taking the criticism, while some are harsh, very well.

In a standard game of 15 players, assume the save is 9-3-3.
The singer can reveal X amount of roles (Default 2). This can confirm a lot of roles. (1/3 of town if no Spy or Mayor)
Also as it stands there isn't a limit on how many roles you reveal in a day. Recommend one a day. There should also be a message to the town, like 'The Drug Dealer sang a beautiful song which revealed that Gatorade was a Blackmailer!'

This is how I imagine the role played by pubs.
Day 1.
"Hey guys! I'm a singer, watch blue!" - Teal
-sing blue
Blues Role is a Detective
Next Day
No Kills (Doctor is sucessful)
-sing Purple
Purple's role is Veteran
A 1/3 of the town is confirmed, although Im sure the mafia would target some revealed roles or the singer.

How a singer SHOULD be played

Sheriff here! Teal is Mafia!
-sing Teal
Teals role is Blackmailer!
Lynch Teal
Singer is saved.
Its 5-1-2 now. (5 Towns, 1 Neutral, 2 Mafias)
Sheriff and Singer are confirmed to town, and a Doctor healed the singer, who was targeted.
"Ok guys, what did you find, Sheriff?" - Singer
"Purple is NS."-Sheriff
"Ok, well here goes nothing." - Singer
-Sing Orange
Orange is a Vigilante!
Three Confirmed, with purple being confirmed(4 confirmed) if there is no GF.
If no GF, its just a matter of lynching one of the remaining three players. Then the vigilante shooting one at night.
Assume that purple IS a GF.
Towny was lynched!
Mafia was shot!
"Hmm" - Singer
-sing Purple
Purple is the Godfather!
Lynch Godfather!
Next day, lynch the neut then GG WP.

Yep this role would need a lot of balance.

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM
again, all up to the hosts save, and how many uses he wants to give to the singer. also why i recomended in another comment to heal on/off

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM
appley you don't get it it's perfectly balanced ok just tell dr to put it in gyawd

Ash
August 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I don't really like self-confirm roles as much as I don't like night-immunity. (Cuz it's fucking dumb, and for newbs)

Now, this is a simple role and all, but it's useless. He is a confirmed role which can confirm other people's roles... How is this any good? He is an OP investigator. He doesn't even allow mafia to defend themselves when they are on the stand...

I would much rather have an Oracle from EpicMafia than this role. Oracle isn't as OP and almost does the same thing as 'Singer'.

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I don't really like self-confirm roles as much as I don't like night-immunity. (Cuz it's fucking dumb, and for newbs)

Now, this is a simple role and all, but it's useless. He is a confirmed role which can confirm other people's roles... How is this any good? He is an OP investigator. He doesn't even allow mafia to defend themselves when they are on the stand...

I would much rather have an Oracle from EpicMafia than this role. Oracle isn't as OP and almost does the same thing as 'Singer'.

can you describe the oracles effects?

and invest w/ exact role is more OP than singer, cuz invest has infinite uses, can be healed, and doesnt need to claim in order to last will his findings.

Bunny
August 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM
How is zombie even mafia related !?

Bunny
August 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Interesting... I posted in the wrong topic..

Ash
August 26th, 2012, 03:09 PM

and invest w/ exact role is more OP than singer, cuz invest has infinite uses, can be healed, and doesnt need to claim in order to last will his findings.

Oracle is sided with town, and targets a person at night. When the Oracle dies, the targetted person's role gets revealed to everyone.

Ash
August 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM

My last criticizement on this role:

Can the Singer even be healed?
Invest and Singer can be similar, except the Invest IS wifom-able. I don't see how the Singer is very Wifomlicious.
Also, majority of the times the invest WILL claim, either because of fear of being sanitized, getting killed with little leads, or because it's a MYLO/LYLO situation.

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
My last criticizement on this role:

Can the Singer even be healed?
Invest and Singer can be similar, except the Invest IS wifom-able. I don't see how the Singer is very Wifomlicious.
Also, majority of the times the invest WILL claim, either because of fear of being sanitized, getting killed with little leads, or because it's a MYLO/LYLO situation.

again, all situational. and oracle.... seems so insignificant.... more of a hail mary.... could be useful, could be screwover every1.... or just never happen to die.

and i said in an earlier comment that i should add a toggle option for can be healed on/off

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
It seems like you simply believe town should have a way to auto-win the game.

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
It seems like you simply believe town should have a way to auto-win the game.

no its called i want tons of roles to chose from at least 60+ in a bucket and i want ppl to be able to make saves that are balanced, unique, and different from every1 elses. sc2 mafia save? must have 3 mafia, must have godfather, must have 1 neutral killer, must have investigator + doctor....... its stupid how limited SC2 mafia is

Sin
August 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mafia works with Bluff, and this role proposes to kill it.

I already hate when the Invest (or the Consi) can detect the exact role. Because it makes him totally overpowered : Jesters, Exes, Witches, SKs, they get no way to escape. Only the GF is safe, only if Citizen are enabled.

So a role that would reveal two roles at once : no thanks.

Elixir
August 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi.

I'm a designer.

Your role is stupid and has absolutely no thought process behind it.

Thanks.

Elixir.

AppleyNO
August 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hi.

I'm a designer.

Your role is stupid and has absolutely no thought process behind it.

Thanks.

Elixir.
LOLZ

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Elixir again.

oops_ur_dead
August 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I think this is slightly underpowered. The role should reveal ALL player's roles. Only then will it be balanced.

Wydrah
August 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
rofl

finally

AppleyNO
August 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
/Thread?

kyle1234513
August 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
ignorant auth, retarded community, fail players, massive trolls, imbalanced roles, i give up, this community is beyond saving, im going to one of those 50 other mafia places that are significantly more balanced and fun than this one. /quit sc2 mafia. /deletes sc2mafia account.

Yayap
August 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Success! Elixir gets +rep.

Raptorblaze
August 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
2 Supermods agree this role is crap, neither bothers to close thread. I see how it is.