PDA

View Full Version : How to defend against PMs as evil role?

Unentschieden
August 24th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Outside communication is usually disallowed for good reasons in Mafia variants and even if its in itīs on specific roles that have it as advantlage.

Voss
August 24th, 2012, 09:26 AM
i got the thread title, but not what your asking. come again?

creedkingsx
August 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
What is the question?

kyle1234513
August 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM
i think what hes trying to ask is what do you say when any townie asks you 'whats your role" and you happen to be a sk or godfather etc

Unentschieden
August 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Basically how do you win as Evil role if PMs are allowed? There are plenty instances where you get proof that a person is town and with PMs you can mutually confirm without becoming vulnerable to the evil ones.
The evil ones canīt join in since they donīt have the correct actions. If you claim via PM you risk the reciever having proof that your claim is false. Itīs like as if everyone was a jailor.

agentkronus
August 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
thats the challenge of the game try to not get caught

kyle1234513
August 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM
i have to agree, you need to lie better.

creedkingsx
August 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Kill that person, hope there isn't a doc.
In all games, ideally town should win. Maifa/neutrals have to do most of the lying/deception. The skill is to find the holes in town and make the best, most efficient/sensible lies you can to deceive.

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Basically how do you win as Evil role if PMs are allowed? There are plenty instances where you get proof that a person is town and with PMs you can mutually confirm without becoming vulnerable to the evil ones.
The evil ones canīt join in since they donīt have the correct actions. If you claim via PM you risk the reciever having proof that your claim is false. Itīs like as if everyone was a jailor.

You risk the same thing open declaring it as well.

I have an idea. The next time someone claims spy. PM your mafia buddy fast
and say PM test. Then say the spy failed. Insta-lynch

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Kill that person, hope there isn't a doc.
In all games, ideally town should win. Maifa/neutrals have to do most of the lying/deception. The skill is to find the holes in town and make the best, most efficient/sensible lies you can to deceive.

^ this to.

Unentschieden
August 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Unlike openclaim the innocent ones donīt reveal their role to the evilside, nor does the evilside know about "open" claims. Even worse they donīt know about PROVEN claims!
Killing doesnīt work because the trusted player announces the conflicting/impossible claims openly at day and if he is smart he writes a lw as well.

creedkingsx
August 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM
You assume pubs will be smart.

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
You assume pubs will be smart.

Argument over.

Creed 1

other guy 0

Cryptonic
August 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I remember the days when, if PMs were on, people would freak out.
Anyways, when someone asks your role, ask them what theirs is first. Say you don't trust them because they could be mafia.
Investigator: say your town aligned investigative pairing.
Detective: say your sheriff or something.
Lookout: unreliable source if he has to ask your role (means a bunch of people visited his target).

Nick
August 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Meh, as mafia ask their role FIRST!

MoDTassadar
August 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Claim lookout. That always works, right Dammy?

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Claim lookout. That always works, right Damus?

Fixed.

And no detective always works

Unentschieden
August 24th, 2012, 11:41 AM
They guy that collects claims via PM doesnīt have to be an investigator, just a "confirmed" town. All it takes if a majority of players to trust him. Not claiming just makes him announce openly your refusal.
He can ask everyone for their role via PM. Uncontested roles are instantly proven and communicated amongst each other. Then he can ask for confirmations for contested roles. Finally he can orcestrate proving usage of powerroles.

"Pubs arenīt smart" isnīt a solution, the specific issue is with PMs being activated in ranked after all.

Cryptonic
August 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
They guy that collects claims via PM doesnīt have to be an investigator, just a "confirmed" town. All it takes if a majority of players to trust him. Not claiming just makes him announce openly your refusal.
He can ask everyone for their role via PM. Uncontested roles are instantly proven and communicated amongst each other. Then he can ask for confirmations for contested roles. Finally he can orcestrate proving usage of powerroles.

"Pubs arenīt smart" isnīt a solution, the specific issue is with PMs being activated in ranked after all.

Read the role list. Compare it to the graveyard and select a role that can still be alive. Or just don't PM him a role.

Chane
August 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM
this I did so often as GF its not even funny:

town guy: SO chane what is your role?
me: why would reveal now?
town guy: because I am (insert power role here)
me: a true town powerrole would not reveal like that in fear of getting killed, the same reason I am not going to tell you mine yet.
rest of town: so lynch "town guy" or let jailor deal with it?

Unentschieden
August 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Let me repeat, this is an issue when you CAN`T discredit the guy that collects claims via PMs. There can be myriad reasons why, the role is completely irrelevant. Just assume itīs a revealed Mayor. Or a bit more complex a veteran that killed of a sheriff d1 who left the a lw with his first target in (R) Massacre. How could you justify NOT giving him a claim?
The rolelist is of limited help since you donīt know the other roles and more importantly which of them are contested.

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Let me repeat, this is an issue when you CAN`T discredit the guy that collects claims via PMs. There can be myriad reasons why, the role is completely irrelevant. Just assume itīs a revealed Mayor. Or a bit more complex a veteran that killed of a sheriff d1 who left the a lw with his first target in (R) Massacre. How could you justify NOT giving him a claim?
The rolelist is of limited help since you donīt know the other roles and more importantly which of them are contested.

Give him a possible claim. Dont make it to easy to guess dont go for the obvious roles. And please, if your MM dont lynch your fellow MM. You NEED him

LeaD
August 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM
even in the ranked games i've played so far, scum was blatantly retarded.
Every maf still claimed doc or vet and MM's just stubbornly kept claiming vet after mass claiming

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 01:54 PM
even in the ranked games i've played so far, scum was blatantly retarded.
Every maf still claimed doc or vet and MM's just stubbornly kept claiming vet after mass claiming

It's to bad you've never played ranked with me.
Both my mafia wins have been flawless

LeaD
August 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
^got lucky on your teamm8s :s
Well we might get to play tmr as i'll be attending masters, or were you one of those who can't make it?
(i got an account from Bahkieh for the time being)

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
^got lucky on your teamm8s :s
Well we might get to play tmr as i'll be attending masters, or were you one of those who can't make it?
(i got an account from Bahkieh for the time being)

Not even ^.^
I distract town and give false leads while my teammates do whatever it is they do ^.^

Ill be there

Parral
August 24th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Not even ^.^
I distract town and give false leads while my teammates do whatever it is they do ^.^

Ill be there

And he's scarily good at doing this.
I was invest and called him out as framer in my will.
He turned towns attention to the fact I called someone out as Cit/Sin instead.

CmG
August 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Just give me 3 executions. and it's Town autowin most of the time. PM and jailor is fucking op.

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just give me 3 executions. and it's Town autowin most of the time. PM and jailor is fucking op.

Most of the time yes

Gzz
August 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM
>CUT

MissingNo
August 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM

And as maf its pretty easy to spot the jailor when they say very little during the day, want to skip, etc. Then you kill him.

OR if you know there is a confirmed jailor then press for lynches by either gettin someone killed as saying "easy exe win afk" or posing as jester or whatever you gotta do.

I do agree, though, that jailor is extremely powerful in the hands of a skilled player (like my own) when in random pubs. Smart evils can deal with it, however.

Damus_Graves
August 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Lol , as gf cliams jailor even if there is the only confirmed jailor who knows your identity and you tried to avoid counterclaim by he throught bm and failing miserabily : standard jailor game
I dont understand this post.

Chane
August 25th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I dont understand this post.

I have read it 4 times and I have no clue either

Gzz
August 25th, 2012, 02:59 AM
There is cut fuction for my post ? I was drunk at the moment

Chane
August 25th, 2012, 03:05 AM
There is cut fuction for my post ? I was drunk at the moment

Click the editbottom at the bottom of your post

EDIT damm you IPad keyboard

Xen
August 25th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Outside communication is usually disallowed for good reasons in Mafia variants and even if its in itīs on specific roles that have it as advantlage.

How to defend against PMs as evil role?

Type the following:

"can u lynch me when u win? i never won as jester"