PDA

View Full Version : Why no point requirement for ranked?

ahampster
August 22nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Why isn't there any sort of points limit on ranked mafia?

Hard to have a more 'competitive experience' with just as many 0 win people as in pubs

Xen
August 22nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Because Mafia League setups are more of a joke and troll than ever. It should be exclusively for players with points ban and on watchlist+.

I played about 5 matches. Standard gave 4 Mafia three times, the 4 Mafia setting was horrible, and the MM was MM with a mass of Cult.

"Any Random" should not exist in any setup, ever; nor, should 4 Mafia. 4 Mafia = way too much voting power and dies too slowly. The death math does not add up to win against 4 Mafia with Neus. Both Mafia setups are virtually 7v8 Town. Retarded.

Dark.Revenant
August 22nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
I played about 5 matches. Standard gave 4 Mafia three times, the 4 Mafia setting was horrible, and the MM was MM with a mass of Cult.

The Random Any in Standard had a bug that messed the options for Random Any. They're supposed to exclude killing, town, and mafia.

Anyway, blame the people that suggested them and voted for them, not us.

Voss
August 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
i got opposite results then xen, town too OP. only one that is SLIGHTLY balanced is the 4 mafia one.

AppleyNO
August 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
It is bad to say that when I played the nuets won half of my games >.>

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
It is bad to say that when I played the nuets won half of my games >.>

I play neutrals, my win ratio is almost 85% wins

Raptorblaze
August 23rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
I also believe it isn't technically possible to implement a point requirement since ranked mode is selected before game.

Mugy
August 23rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cult should be excluded from the MM setup

Damus_Graves
August 23rd, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cult should be excluded from the MM setup

I somewhat agree with this. Only because of the fact that if the cult successfully recruits and doesnt get attacked/detected between n1-3 then they have a good shot at winning.

Xen
August 23rd, 2012, 04:06 AM
i got opposite results then xen, town too OP. only one that is SLIGHTLY balanced is the 4 mafia one.

You're a troll.

Bruno
August 23rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
That would be impossible.

The game can only read a bankfile once everything is loaded.

It can't read from the lobby.

Chane
August 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
Impossible to implement.

We need some good set-ups aswell I figure

creedkingsx
August 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
I somewhat agree with this. Only because of the fact that if the cult successfully recruits and doesnt get attacked/detected between n1-3 then they have a good shot at winning.

That's how it is for most non-town roles...

All the saves are balanced, in and of themselves. We can't, believe it or not, big shocker and all; control pub intelligence.

I refer to my new favorite quote:

Pubs aren't balanced...