PDA

View Full Version : Jester: Choose guilty voter to die

Joey
August 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
When a jester gets lynched a button appears next to each person that guiltyed him.

The one the jester clicks will die That night, the jester can click the buttons starting at last words but when there added to dead chat the buttons go away.

If the jester clicks no ones button it will random pick somewon like usual.

Added as a option so it can be turned on and off.

Jester chooses victim on/off.

When on this removes another random factor from the game, and gives the jester more of a award for winning.

Auckmid
August 21st, 2012, 01:18 PM
I actualy like the idea of the Jester choosing who suicides, instead of it being randomly done.

+1

agentkronus
August 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
i would only accept it as an option in settings

Slaol
August 21st, 2012, 01:22 PM
I just posted this type of thing, but tried to avoid having the Jester just CHOOSE, or having any more buttons during day. But I support this concept coming into play.

Chane
August 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
have it as host-option whist removing the host option suicide or not (who in their ritious mind would turn it off) and I am save to say:

inb4DR: "twas a pretty strait forward addition"

Sraw
August 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM
I disable the option for jester suicide because I think its counterproductive to the jester for people to fear lynching him, when that's exactly what he wants. Him making a suicide is more of icing on the cake rather then a necessity. It wont change the game for him, hes already dead and won.

In my opinion, a nice addition could be that jesters could pick "Innocent" or "Abstainee" for who suicides? It would still be random (barring one person voting a specific way), and the Jester could "punish" those who did not vote him guilty.

Fatalis
August 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
I disable the option for jester suicide because I think its counterproductive to the jester for people to fear lynching him, when that's exactly what he wants. Him making a suicide is more of icing on the cake rather then a necessity. It wont change the game for him, hes already dead and won.

In my opinion, a nice addition could be that jesters could pick "Innocent" or "Abstainee" for who suicides? It would still be random (barring one person voting a specific way), and the Jester could "punish" those who did not vote him guilty.

The main theme is that they suicide because they are in grief of making the jester die

ahampster
August 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Would make a fun role more fun, agreed

Sraw
August 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
The main theme is that they suicide because they are in grief of making the jester die

People can suicide because they failed to prevent others from killing them. Functionally it doesn't matter, logically it still fits.
As I write this, less than a week ago, I watched a show that included someone quitting from a job that allowed them to vote, they voted against and everyone else for, and it was something they didn't like. So its nothing new for people who aren't at fault to feel guilt.

Chane
August 22nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
without suice enabled how lucky must you be to get jester has won?

Voss
August 22nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
how about the jester has options:
is able to choose one guilty voter to die with him:
is able to choose one innocent voter to die with him:
is able to choose one abstanee voter to die with him:

Xen
August 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
When a jester gets lynched a button appears next to each person that guiltyed him.

The one the jester clicks will die That night, the jester can click the buttons starting at last words but when there added to dead chat the buttons go away.

If the jester clicks no ones button it will random pick somewon like usual.

Added as a option so it can be turned on and off.

Jester chooses victim on/off.

When on this removes another random factor from the game, and gives the jester more of a award for winning.

+1 omfg

No idea why this hasn't been thought of. This should DEFINITELY become an option!

I will put so many more troll Mayors in the grave...

Chane
August 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
+1 omfg

No idea why this hasn't been thought of. This should DEFINITELY become an option!

I will put so many more troll Mayors in the grave...

one troll mayor a day keeps the doctor away.

maccabbe
August 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
how about the jester has options:
is able to choose one guilty voter to die with him:
is able to choose one innocent voter to die with him:
is able to choose one abstanee voter to die with him:

The point of random person dying to jester is to make it harder for jester to win (since people will be less likely to guilty jester). Turning on the option for innocent or abstanee voters to die would make the jester kill truly pointless.

BorkBot
August 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
The abstain voter death wouldn't be pointless, as it would encourage people to vote innocent when they aren't sure if they want to lynch someone. It would deter people from random lynching as well.

It'd make it harder for a jester to win however.

The innocent voter death is indeed completely pointless.

Voss
August 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM
if inno and abstainer are on, and guilty is off, its harder for the jester to win, and we all know jesters need a nerf. win rate of like 115%? or something?

creedkingsx
August 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
if inno and abstainer are on, and guilty is off, its harder for the jester to win, and we all know jesters need a nerf. win rate of like 115%? or something?

How would it be harder for Jester to win if inno and abstainer were on?
The entire town would vote guilty so they don't end up with suicide.

Also, what happens if Abstain is on and the whole town votes guilty?
Nobody suicides?

Ps2 Xtreme
August 23rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
I think that would give the jester way too much power. Any experienced mafia player with this power in their hands could change the game singlehandedly. Jester is a benign role, not a power/killing role.

Chane
August 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
ok here is what I suggest:

make this option only possible if the amount of people in the game is smaller then the amount of days past. this way jester can ensure jester-wins in the late-game without it rolling to the unlucky like I always get.

there is no reason for a jester that was lynched d2/3 to decide what guilty voter to kill