PDA

View Full Version : Jester 'Buff'

Slaol
August 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Just an idea for Jester to maybe be a bigger part of the game.

Could his Annoy have some influence on who kills themselves after his lynching? It should still require they 'guilty' him, but if it could improve chances (or maybe just choose it) I think it could help the Jester direct himself at someone.

Pros - More 'The Jester Has Won!'

Cons - Less Overall Jester Wins.

Metagame effect: I put the Pros and Cons as I did to support that I think this would be pretty balanced. It would cause the role to have a larger impact, possibly improving chances for him to kill an invulnerable role, but could make the Jester harder to win with as it would direct his Annoy Target to NOT guilty- as he would be a higher chance of being the suicide.

I tend to consider the Jester one of the easier roles to win as, since simply not picking a name and faking AFK will do it 9/10, as will blindly accusing everyone. But the role very rarely actually effects the overall game, and I think all roles should have effect on the game, not just be the 'Fun Role'.

Just a thought.

Edit:
Clarification of what I think should happen is..
If 3 people guilty the Jester, normally they have a 1/3 chance of committing suicide.
I think the Annoy the night before the lynching should add that target's name into the pool another time (if they 'guilty'd).
So, 2 players would have 1/4 chance and 1 player would have 2/4 chance.

Stronger idea would be that all Annoys throughout the game could work for this purpose. Meaning one player could have been annoyed 5 times, and have a much higher chance of the death, but I think having only the night before it factor makes the most sense..

Damus_Graves
August 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Jester can overhaul the game into a different direction later games.

If lynched and the mafia are three strong and the town is three people left. the jester can cause the gf to suicide. which can drastically game that games outcome provided town isn't derp.

Chane
August 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM
I am not really sure if I like it but I do approve of more jester has won and less trol 24/7

Ill give it a better thought when I dont have to read from an Iphone

Slaol
August 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
Jester can overhaul the game into a different direction later games.

If lynched and the mafia are three strong and the town is three people left. the jester can cause the gf to suicide. which can drastically game that games outcome provided town isn't derp.

I know it CAN happen already. I am just thinking this might help it happen more regularly, as well as change some of the dynamic surrounding the player that is Annoyed. The latter part having an effect on how Jester play is gone about.

Chane
August 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just a thought but would'nt this allow jester to side with town/maf? Though this is something roles like survivors allready do. Just a thought aswell

Slaol
August 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Just a thought but would'nt this allow jester to side with town/maf? Though this is something roles like survivors allready do. Just a thought aswell

It would influence his siding with a faction, but I am confident he would try to do so to cause all sides to lose- For the purposes of his own 'Jester has won!' Some games there will be NO chance of it, but I would think that is the direction the ability would go.

Chane
August 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
I topic recently popped up suggesting a button for the jester to press when he is lynched from all guilty voters.
what about this idea?

Slaol
August 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
I topic recently popped up suggesting a button for the jester to press when he is lynched from all guilty voters.
what about this idea?

I saw that (commented in there) I wouldn't mind that too much, but I think it is better to have this 'buff' be found more in the rhythm of the game than just have the Jester flat out select his kill.