PDA

View Full Version : Role: Cannibal

dageir
August 18th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Hello!
Im pretty new to the game. Played about 25 games so far.
This might have been suggested before.
This role would be kind of "related" to the SK role.
However this guy is even more sinister.
He eats and skins his victims!
The skin he puts on to pretend to be the original role of his victim. He would not have the victims abilities. So the only thing the cannibal/skinner can do is to move on. Investigative roles would see him as the victims role after the deed.

Victory condition: Last man standing
Number of attacks: Must take a pause to consume the victim. 2 days wait until new potential attack.
Note: If new attack is not performed, the skin will rot and he will be very easy to spot! (Maybe a day time message about it starts to stink in town.)

Im not sure if this guy is OP, but a fun twist in my opinion.

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
A timed neutral disguiser eh.

AppleyNO
August 18th, 2012, 11:22 PM
A timed neutral disguiser eh.
He takes the persons invest pairings... not sure if I like that, but this has potential

Fatalis
August 18th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I like the main idea, but it have too many similarity with the disguiser so I doubt it's going to be implemented

Nick
August 18th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Will be fun. How about 1 day wait after attack 2 days wait after attack Cleans target role Night immunity

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 11:25 PM
He takes the persons invest pairings... not sure if I like that, but this has potential

This is the problem i have to.

Might i suggest not taking their role and a 1-2 day host option cooldown

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Will be fun. How about 1 day wait after attack 2 days wait after attack Cleans target role Night immunity

this to

Fatalis
August 18th, 2012, 11:28 PM
So 1. He takes the person's investigative pairings
2. He shows up as the person's role in the graveyard when disguising

I am not sure this will work, It will make it kinda obvious that there is a cannibal, and what is the death type

dageir
August 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I guess the "cannibal" himself will be reported missing after the night. This will reveal who he originally was. But nobody knows who he is now... So it will be plain that there is a cannibal in play. Finding who he/she is is another matter. There might be some logical glitches in this role. Please tell me if there are any.

Gzz
August 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM
For me he idea of get the investigative parings of the victm is good , but.. too much similar to disguiser , maybe makes the corpose impossible to autopsy by coroner or something like thath

dageir
August 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
There wouldnt be a corpse since the cannibal ate/destroyed it.

Vethek
August 19th, 2012, 01:14 AM
What you could do is that the first death appears as the name of the real Cannibal and the role of the cannibal. He then has the 'appearance' of the guy he ate (both name and role).
The next time he kills somebody, he gets that person's appearance and name, with the old 'body' being on the spot, with the role of his original victim and name. However, analyzing the body shows it was the cannibal.

I don't know how well this fits with making it possible to beat him etc, but as for decaying bodies I'd say that original appearance is fine, but investigating shows the body was older than the moment of the murder. Investigator would trace him as the role of his victum, but sheriff knows his town and recognizes the change in voice or whatever, making him appear as cannibal to him. Kinda like mafia does for investigator in comparison to sheriff.

Chane
August 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM
This is the problem i have to.

Might i suggest not taking their role and a 1-2 day host option cooldown

I like this idea.