PDA

View Full Version : make an achievment for being good jailor/vigi

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM
i suggest an achievment for being a killing town role, and going at least 3/3 for your executions/shots.

this achievment would be for 75 or 100 points. something small and it would be something for people to try and be good with their kills.

Bruno
August 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Small, yet 100 points.

Why would you get an achievement for doing what you're supposed to do?

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 06:52 AM
because its actually hard to do, i said 75/100, i consider that small.

going 3/3 is hard because theres usually 4 evil roles in the room, 3 maf and 1 neutral killing. and most jailors go 1/3 and most vigi's go 0/3 with their kills. or granted you just die before n3 which cant be helpd. if you have a problem with the amount of points its worth just suggest another point value for the achievment.

Bruno
August 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
most jailors go 1/3 and most vigi's go 0/3 with their kills

Is this something you pulled out of your ass, or what?

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM
no thats the 250 games speaking to me. most vigis dont kill any evil roles at all seeing as how most of them are immune. and i see way more failors than jailors so that instantly makes them non passing with their kills. 2/3 is passing for jailor, any less is failor.

Bruno
August 17th, 2012, 06:58 AM
no thats the 250 games speaking to me. most vigis dont kill any evil roles at all seeing as how most of them are immune. and i see way more failors than jailors so that instantly makes them non passing with their kills. 2/3 is passing for jailor, any less is failor.

Okay, 250 games, out of hundreds of thousands played.

If vigilantes 'can't kill at all', why make the achievement for them?

How is 1/3 a failor if he uses execute once?

Cryptonic
August 17th, 2012, 07:04 AM
What would count? Killing Mafia and Evil Neutral? All Neutral?

because a lot of roles are immune to vigilante attacks.

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
i would say all mafia, arsons, sk, MM, witch, and you have to go 3/3.

LeaD
August 17th, 2012, 07:26 AM

probably 30 wins, 100% pubs, dis a joke or what

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 07:33 AM
probably 30 wins, 100% pubs, dis a joke or what

ofc theyre all pubs, thats the game, not the league matches where ppl are biased in their kills "oh i dont feel like killing creed tonight, he posted something nice last week" pubs are 100% random chance, unbiased shots/executions. these kills go soley on the inteligence of people and the evidence at hand. btw its, 119wins and 251 matches total now, just got done with one. thats 47% win/loss.

Cryptonic
August 17th, 2012, 07:37 AM
ofc theyre all pubs, thats the game, not the league matches where ppl are biased in their kills "oh i dont feel like killing creed tonight, he posted something nice last week" pubs are 100% random chance, unbiased shots/executions. these kills go soley on the inteligence of people and the evidence at hand. btw its, 119wins and 251 matches total now, just got done with one. thats 47% win/loss.

Lol except we don't use names in league, no one knows who people are... lol

And stop trying to impress people with a 47% win ratio at 251 games.

Vigilante can't kill most roles as they are immune to attacks. Also, it's very rare that the vigilante will get any more than 2 shots in pubs. I could also see this encouraging jailors and vigilantes to kill solely to try kill enemies before town finds and lynches.

Bruno
August 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Have you EVER played a league match? No? So then why are you talking about it?

MoDTassadar
August 17th, 2012, 08:01 AM
becuz hez likz too

DaeK
August 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Well the only good thing about it is it would encourage ppl to be better vigis and jailors, but tbh probably not many even know what do you need to do to get certain achievement.

Voss
August 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM
the only thing that would be good for new vigis and jailors to help them get better is the mafia wiki

Unentschieden
August 17th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah we have achievements for failing to kill someone 4 times or killing yourself with your own ignition. Not to mention all the ones that make you ignore your role like "never reveal as mayor" or "never rememeber as amnesiac".
Achievements have little to do with what you are supposed to do.

Voss
August 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
achievments are usually hard mode winning,mexcept for the arson killing yourself.

that amnesiac doesnt exist, and there are legitimate strategies about not revealing as mayor.

killing 3 evil roles is EXACTLY what your supposed to do as vigi, there should be no achievement for it.

creedkingsx
August 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I posted something nice last week. :)

Cryptonic
August 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM

link? :smile:

creedkingsx
August 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM
He said I did. ;(

Bruno
August 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM

You post something nice every week bb

Lazers
August 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
What, are people going to be encouraged to shoot town if this isn't an achievement?

Kain
August 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Finding a vigilante or jailer who doesn't kill town randomly is rare. Last night a jailer killed me because he hated my name. I agree that achievements to make them want to play better is a good idea instead of letting them go nuts and ruin town.

Damus_Graves
August 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Small is 1-25 points.

And this has been suggested already.

DaeK
August 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Finding a vigilante or jailer who doesn't kill town randomly is rare. Last night a jailer killed me because he hated my name. I agree that achievements to make them want to play better is a good idea instead of letting them go nuts and ruin town.

Aha one jailor asked, what is my favourite color and i said its green. He executed me.
Second later i realised it wasnt the best idea, because green died n1, well he actually commited suicide but jailor didnt remember that. I was bodyguard then. But instead of this achievement i remember kuma said jailor should only be available for 5k points and up :P

Unentschieden
August 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
achievments are usually hard mode winning,mexcept for the arson killing yourself.

that amnesiac doesnt exist, and there are legitimate strategies about not revealing as mayor.

killing 3 evil roles is EXACTLY what your supposed to do as vigi, there should be no achievement for it.

Handi-Capable: Win with the "Amnesiac Wins" ending as an Amnesiac. (+300)

You are right itīs not just "donīt remember" you also need to make shure everyone else dies.

Killing 3 evils in a game is in theory nice. In practice jailors are going to push for nonlynches and kill every night in order to get 3 kills AT ALL before the game ends...

kyle1234513
August 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Small is 1-25 points.

And this has been suggested already.

well then, how would you feel about a "medium" sized reward, like 50points? by ur standings 300 for the amne win is lotto.

Damus_Graves
August 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM
amnesiac solo win is hard to get. hence the point worth.

Oblivion
August 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Yes an achievement that encourages random killing! Why did no one think of this before?

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Yes an achievement that encourages random killing! Why did no one think of this before?
>Achievement requires you use all your shots on evil roles
>Says it encourages random killing

Your logic, fail it does.

Oblivion
August 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
>Achievement requires you use all your shots on evil roles
>Says it encourages random killing

Your logic, fail it does.

i suggest an achievment for being a killing town role, and going at least 3/3 for your executions/shots.

this achievment would be for 75 or 100 points. something small and it would be something for people to try and be good with their kills.

I seen no mention of only being used on evil roles.

Raptorblaze
August 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I seen no mention of only being used on evil roles.

He says going 3/3, this implies using all 3 shots to kill opposing roles as opposed to 1/3 where you kill 1 mafioso and 2 doctors or something.

Unentschieden
August 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM
amnesiac solo win is hard to get. hence the point worth.

The issue isnīt the difficulty but the method. It makes you try to get everyone else killed even though the roles purpose is to identify and join the winning team.

Chane
August 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
The issue isnīt the difficulty but the method. It makes you try to get everyone else killed even though the roles purpose is to identify and join the winning team.

true but this achievement is epic non the less. I strove to get it and with yo dawg and handi-capable I am a happy man.

vigi and mafi left, all you need is luck.

Xen
August 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM

+9840656084024984816549806564

Great idea. An achievement where you actually achieve--and could could cut down on Failors and Fagilantes and Gayors.

Chane
August 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
Is it ok if I add achievements based on this in my achievement topic? Offcourse you will be credited for groundwork .

kyle1234513
August 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Is it ok if I add achievements based on this in my achievement topic? Offcourse you will be credited for groundwork .

i have no problem with it, feel free to name it too.