PDA

View Full Version : Improvement to the Role Card Limitation

Voss
August 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM
If the Veteran is excluded from randoms and isn't a predefined role, it shouldn't be up in the role cards, should it? This doesn't just apply to Veterans, but to Mason Leaders, Cultists, Spys, Coroners, etc.

What do you think?

Slaol
August 17th, 2012, 12:52 AM
If the Veteran is excluded from randoms and isn't a predefined role, it shouldn't be up in the role cards, should it? This doesn't just apply to Veterans, but to Mason Leaders, Cultists, Spys, Coroners, etc.

What do you think?

Agreed. This becomes bigger with the 'Neutral Evil' excluding the killing roles, and the new random systems. I've long thought the Role Card should only show roles that are possible, but kind of assumed there was some reason it didn't.

Sraw
August 17th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Role Card imo should show the settings on the randoms, including "Excluded from Randoms", and "immune at night" and very noteworthy differences and hardly anything else.

With the new role cards at the top of the screen, the settings for that role should be listed at the bottom of that role. Also all settings should be shown there, even if its the same as default, like "number of vests that citizens have"

Dark.Revenant
August 17th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Options are listed in the roles list. Why not just look there?

FrostByte
August 17th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Options are listed in the roles list. Why not just look there?
Damnit, you beat me to it.
Was gonna bring up the same point.

Voss
August 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Role Card imo should show the settings on the randoms, including "Excluded from Randoms", and "immune at night" and very noteworthy differences and hardly anything else.

With the new role cards at the top of the screen, the settings for that role should be listed at the bottom of that role. Also all settings should be shown there, even if its the same as default, like "number of vests that citizens have"

not what i meant at all. if a veteran isnt possible to be in the setup, it shouldnt be one of the little roles, which it sometimes is, lor even more commonly cult, when its excluded from randoms.

what hes talking about is people knowing the correct default settings. ill take the veteran example again. if you makemvet unlimited alerts and does not pierce night immunity and not excluded from randoms, ypu wont know that it does, though you could extrapolate on the card, i suppose.