PDA

View Full Version : MAFIA deleted?

Dagaen
August 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Guys, EU is in a panic mode! Mafia has disappeared from Arcade! When I try to start a game from my bookmarks, the "Map not found. It may have been removed." message is displayed. I haven't found any mention about possible patch/fix in here. My question is: where the hell is my favourite Arcade game?

Duzero
August 16th, 2012, 01:44 AM
It was removed temporarily, it's back up on US but apparently not on EU.

Dagaen
August 16th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Temporarily? Uff, good, thank you for quick response. Any idea why it's gone?

creedkingsx
August 16th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Certain triggers in the map could be considered offensive. Search Mafia, go to Mafia Test. That version runs just as well. Although, you can't open it to public.

Gzz
August 16th, 2012, 02:39 AM
"Certain triggers can be offensive" , ahem , the triggers aren' t the pre-determinate events ? And what are this "offensive triggers " ?

Dagaen
August 16th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Whole SC2 can be found as offensive. It's a game about killing after all...

Gzz
August 16th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Please , don' t say to me who the MOIGE has arrived even HERE !

creedkingsx
August 16th, 2012, 03:23 AM
"Certain triggers can be offensive" , ahem , the triggers aren' t the pre-determinate events ? And what are this "offensive triggers " ?

When it asks, "How would you like to be executed?" DR scripted a couple things to get specific things.
Although, I didn't know any of them that Blizzard raised to question, personally. Only one I knew about was Jew and that was taken out before this. lol

Rhyshueppauff
August 16th, 2012, 03:25 AM
i heard before if you typed jew you would get gassed?
Thats .... why did Dr add it into the game anyways?

creedkingsx
August 16th, 2012, 03:30 AM
i heard before if you typed jew you would get gassed?
Thats .... why did Dr add it into the game anyways?

just a joke thing. It was never meant to be offensive, or, even, really figured out probably.

Fallacy
August 16th, 2012, 05:20 AM
EU MAF is up.

Ash
August 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
just a joke thing. It was never meant to be offensive, or, even, really figured out probably.
this again....

so if i said a racist joke about black people and I don't really mean to be offensive, would you be offended?

Fallacy
August 16th, 2012, 10:39 AM
It's the whole political correctness which bothers me. I only used that jew command once and I had a terrible feeling about it from a moral standpoint because philosophy and ethics are some of my interests among many other much more wild activities.

There will always be a minority in a minority that will be butt-hurt by pulling out the offensive card but we're living into a generalized standard of conformity and unity of the masses when we know that individuality should always prevail for the sake of independence of the thought of the individual.

It is impossible to predict the sensitivity of a whole group of people summarized into one sentence and the chain reaction and group wave of the repercussive aspect amplifies what is meant to be a joke automatically confined to bad taste wherein the essence of comedy is absurdity and the promotion of ridicule through various means including via this execution by this game of mafia is one of them. As a matter of fact, the educated black man or jew would not find this offensive only if he is able to not take things personally or to his community and believe that it is for the sake of the game in expression.

However, the widespread use and downplaying of offensive terms that hurt sensibilities is unacceptable not because it is used with wit and taste to be viewed as such as an absurd comedy treated as art form through a video game in this context if you will, but overused and made fun of by the lowerly members of classes thus contributing to movements of hate and fear that lead to derision and widespread abuse breaking culture and freedoms that have been fought for.

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
The key word to be gassed was "ew", not "jew". People jus racist

Fallacy
August 16th, 2012, 10:48 AM
The key word to be gassed was "ew", not "jew". People jus racist

Why are people racist?

That's the most interesting question that can be taken from your post. I'm just looking with impartiality for your reasoning behind the statement.

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Why are people racist?
just looking with impartiality for your reasoning behind the statement.

I am saying they're racist because they use "jew" instead of "ew". If you're asking why specific people do racist things, I am not omniscient.