PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 SUGGESTIONS FROM THE #1 PLAYER:

Xen
August 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I played several games for the first time on 1.5 ever since MM was added.

Since I'm the best and most experienced Mafia player on Battle.net, here's my input for improvement and sensibility:

1) Add an "Exclude Blackmailers" option for "Mafia Support".
(Blackmailers are far more op in pub than Consig and Consort and have always been so. Since Framers now give a random read (which is so fucking stupid... towns are dumb enough and now there's no logic to Framer's night action and playing as a non-detection immune Framer now (which is the typical pub option) is weak as shit since Investigators detect their exact role), Blackmailers > Framers, so putting Blackmailers on par with Framers is just bad logic. Blackmailers are the most powerful Mafia troll role since you can mimic your victim's effect during the day, which almost always ends up in a no-lynch day.)

2) If possible in code, under "Town Random", add an option for Coroners to be enabled only if there's a Janitor and/or Disguiser which cleans.
(This should have been done long ago if it's possible, honestly.)

3) Make -lw (text here) possible again.
(Having to use a mouse/trackpad to type a -lw now is retarded. It's almost worth no longer even bothering with -lws anymore, it's such an unnecessarily slowing inconvenience. This isn't an APM game here. The new -lw system is a huge step backwards. Keep it for those who like it, but make it possible to type -lws old school style as well. At least make it so it can be managed entirely through the keyboard using the Tab key or something if possible.)

4) DR, put in a request to Blizzard to allow a created private game to become "Open to Public" like every other custom game out there and like it's always been.
(SC2 Mafia is nearly not worth playing anymore due to troll hosts being impossible to prevent from the get-go now. I've always been host 95+% of the games I play and everyone has always appreciated it; I have the most balanced save template and I waste no time. Now... it's a complete mess trying to get a decent game going.)

5) Ban me from being allowed to play as MM.
(This role is op and I am far too op with it. This is now the most fitting role for me using my day play style. MM is basically a roaming vet that can pick targets like a BG (I'm not a fan of bgs--op and gambling and skypers own with them). I got MM for the first time and killed 7 players on n2 pointing a finger on who to check and calling him maf (i was lynched the next day, but I just wanted to see how many sheep i could shear).)

P.S. Don't ban me from MM. I love being MM. MM > Vet now by far.

CmG
August 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
What are you talking about?! 1.5 is still a year away!

Damus_Graves
August 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
4) Ban me from being allowed to play as MM.
(This role is op and I am far too op with it. This is now the most fitting role for me using my day play style. MM is basically a roaming vet that can pick targets like a BG (I'm not a fan of bgs--op and gambling and skypers own with them). I got MM for the first time and killed 7 players on n2 pointing a finger on who to check and calling him maf (i was lynched the next day, but I just wanted to see how many sheep i could shear).)

Bragging much?

Ash
August 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
blah blah blah
>claims he is the best
>doesnt play FM

Xen
August 15th, 2012, 03:05 PM
What are you talking about?! 1.5 is still a year away!

1.5 has been out, duncecake. l2p u ez

Bragging much?

Truth butthurts?

>claims he is the best
>doesnt play FM

You know why I don't play FM? I have a life.

Xen
August 15th, 2012, 03:05 PM
ANYWAY, incorporate the wise and valid suggestions, plox.

Voss
August 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Can you re-explain points 1 and 2? I don't see the need for them.

#3 just sounds like your lazy. I find it INCREDIBLY useful and organizational for me.

#4, can't do anything about it.

#5. Troll xD

Xen
August 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sure, let me re-explain points 1 and 2:

2) If possible in code, under "Town Random", add an option for Coroners to be enabled only if there's a Janitor and/or Disguiser which cleans.

And "3)" has nothing to do with lazy. It has do with with speed and efficiency. Not all of us are slow newb typers.

DR's already read this, so my work here is done.

Back to afking in troll saves...

Ash
August 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
You know why I don't play FM? I have a life.
If you can play SC2, you can play FM.

Xen
August 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If you can play SC2, you can play FM.

SC2 Mafia game = 5 minutes to 1 hour
FM Mafia game = days to weeks

Not interested, Trash. I like choosing my name as "Xen" and making a name for myself. FM is for cowards unable to play their personality and any role at any time. You'd all just try and d1 lynch me out of fear, otherwise, whine and rage after getting owned anyway.

Voss
August 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Sure, let me re-explain points 1 and 2:

And "3)" has nothing to do with lazy. It has do with with speed and efficiency. Not all of us are slow newb typers.

DR's already read this, so my work here is done.

Back to afking in troll saves...

I mean WHY would you suggest #1 and #2. I understand what your asking, but not the reasoning behind it. And I'm not a slow newb typer. But i like the new last will. I suppose if DR wants to add back in the old system, but i dont think he should scrap the new one.

Dark.Revenant
August 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
1. lol whatever it's a 1-minute change
2. Already does this
3. No.
4. Everyone put in a request already, including me and all my friends

Raptorblaze
August 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I played several games for the first time on 1.5 ever since MM was added.

Since I'm the best and most experienced Mafia player on Battle.net, here's my input for improvement and sensibility:

(Blackmailers are far more op in pub than Consig and Consort and have always been so. Since Framers now give a random read (which is so fucking stupid... towns are dumb enough and now there's no logic to Framer's night action and playing as a non-detection immune Framer now (which is the typical pub option) is weak as shit since Investigators detect their exact role), Blackmailers > Framers, so putting Blackmailers on par with Framers is just bad logic. Blackmailers are the most powerful Mafia troll role since you can mimic your victim's effect during the day, which almost always ends up in a no-lynch day.)
I don't see any reason to do this
(This should have been done long ago if it's possible, honestly.)
This was implemented a LONG time ago, coroner only shows if there is a cleaning role UNLESS the option to see all previous night targets is enabled
3) Make -lw (text here) possible again.
(Having to use a mouse/trackpad to type a -lw now is retarded. It's almost worth no longer even bothering with -lws anymore, it's such an unnecessarily slowing inconvenience. This isn't an APM game here. The new -lw system is a huge step backwards. Keep it for those who like it, but make it possible to type -lws old school style as well. At least make it so it can be managed entirely through the keyboard using the Tab key or something if possible.)
The new system is significantly easier to edit, it was asked for by quite a few people and we have no reason to reverse it.

4) DR, put in a request to Blizzard to allow a created private game to become "Open to Public" like every other custom game out there and like it's always been.
(SC2 Mafia is nearly not worth playing anymore due to troll hosts being impossible to prevent from the get-go now. I've always been host 95+% of the games I play and everyone has always appreciated it; I have the most balanced save template and I waste no time. Now... it's a complete mess trying to get a decent game going.)
Blizzard issue, does not belong here.

5) Ban me from being allowed to play as MM.
-.-

If you were serious at all about these suggestions or the subsequent discussion I'd keep it open. Instead you're trolling and/or farming for post count. I'm closing it down. Start a new thread without all the BS when you're ready.