PDA

View Full Version : Jester's Annoy Ability

Randoman
August 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Does it do anything besides reveal that there is a jester in the game? If it does nothing what do you think it should do? I would want it to make the target have a chance of messing up there invest/killing/ect

AppleyNO
August 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
If you can guess who is going to be killed, you can visit someone and get seen by a lookout/Detective.
Your suggestion would still reveal that there is a Jester in the game. I don't see the need in changing the Jester.

cookies4you
August 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM
The Jester is a Troll-Bait class.

Give him night immunity, make everyone happy.

Lazers
August 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM
its supposed to mindfuck detectives and lookouts

you're better off not using it in most cases

Cryptonic
August 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
To prevent MM from killing you when he visits you :p

Gingerape
August 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I used to never use it just in case of veterans. but now with the MM its dangerous to stay in your house, and its more dangerous to go out. Whyyy

EliteMarine
August 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
its supposed to mindfuck detectives and lookouts

you're better off not using it in most cases

I'll use it if the Jester is a defined role on the role list. People already know there is one. Might as well annoy someone.

Althought I am a firm believer that if a jester annoys someone that the screen should randomly flash in mutliple colors very quickly to annoy the actual gamer. Similar to how the screen flashes red when killed.

Damus_Graves
August 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I'll use it if the Jester is a defined role on the role list. People already know there is one. Might as well annoy someone.

Althought I am a firm believer that if a jester annoys someone that the screen should randomly flash in mutliple colors very quickly to annoy the actual gamer. Similar to how the screen flashes red when killed.

This would be cool. but then people could have Seizures and fall over twitch..

Pokemon Trainer Red
August 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
People could have Seizures and fall over twitch...
This.

Beerwolf
August 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Tbh, I'd like to see an option for the Jester to remove the Annoy text.. so he can still visit people without people knowing there's a jester about.

CmG
August 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Give it a 1 to 10 chance to kill somebody. Like a heart attack! :)
or a 1 to 10 chance to turn your target into a jester as well :D

COME AT ME YAYAP! :D

Voss
August 14th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Tbh, I'd like to see an option for the Jester to remove the Annoy text.. so he can still visit people without people knowing there's a jester about.

not COMPLETELY a bad idea.

LeaD
August 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
my default setup used to have det lookout and jester in it, just for the heck of it

Randoman
August 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Give it a 1 to 10 chance to kill somebody. Like a heart attack! :)
or a 1 to 10 chance to turn your target into a jester as well :D

COME AT ME YAYAP! :D

Thats like giving the doctor a 1/10 chance of him killing one the person he vistest you dont do it....

ALL HAIL CTHULHU
August 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM

Or jester could make them see a random effect.

"You were given a bus ride!"

Confuse the fuck out of town.

Damus_Graves
August 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Jester random ability:
could be cool

LeaD
August 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Or jester could make them see a random effect.

"You were given a bus ride!"

Confuse the fuck out of town.
drug dealer inc

Gzz
August 15th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Or the annoy cna force the person to target the jester ( if dete will follow the jester , if lookout will watch the jester and so on )

ALL HAIL CTHULHU
August 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
At night: A jester entertains you and brightens your day!

Jester gets lynched

Everyone the Jester visited suicides. Jester arson.

creedkingsx
August 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM

Jester gets lynched

That would be OP lol

On the other hand, something that might add to the Jester humor is that, everyone that voted guilty, during the night sequence starts getting a red screen like they were the one that suicide but then the screen fades to pink with an LOLJKBRO kind of deal.

MissingNo
August 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
That would be OP lol

On the other hand, something that might add to the Jester humor is that, everyone that voted guilty, during the night sequence starts getting a red screen like they were the one that suicide but then the screen fades to pink with an LOLJKBRO kind of deal.

You could expand it to anyone the jester annoys also gets a fake death screen.

Could even have it say in red text "You were annoyed by a Jester.".

creedkingsx
August 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM

lol :P
doesn't actually do anything still just sykes people out

Voss
August 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
would make the troll jester even funnier xDD

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM
make him able to whisper people anonymously at night

creedkingsx
August 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
make him able to whisper people anonymously at night

Crier. lol

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Crier. lol

what'd yu call me, boiye?!?! :laugh:

creedkingsx
August 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
what'd yu call me, boiye?!?! :laugh:

A cracker.
:)

Cryptonic
August 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
A cracker.
:)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8km7fjxzU1r8txz8.gif

Chane
August 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Jester gets lynched

Sanji the mightly Jestonist

kyle1234513
August 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
imo a jesters annoy ability should make another players screen go flash yellow/red a few times to give the impression that they were murdered by the mafia/sk, but in reality all that happens is the flashing, no killing at all. make the player think they were atkd at first, that would be pretty damn annoying imo.

------------------

edit - and then after the flashing it would say "you were annoyed by a jester!"

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
imo a jesters annoy ability should make another players screen go flash yellow/red a few times to give the impression that they were murdered by the mafia/sk, but in reality all that happens is the flashing, no killing at all. make the player think they were atkd at first, that would be pretty damn annoying imo.

I agree with this.

MoDTassadar
August 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I get a heart attack every time I see that animation so no.

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I get a heart attack every time I see that animation so no.

Even more reason to implement it.

TheWORSTicle
August 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
*Jester annoys a member of the mafia*

*Screen flashes white*

You were switched by a bus driver!

*Screen flashes red*

You were hit by the mafia.

*Ragequit*

LOLJKBRO, you were visited by a jester.

This idea has so much potential. DR, make jesters annoying!

Fatalis
August 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
*Jester annoys a member of the mafia*

*Screen flashes white*

You were switched by a bus driver!

*Screen flashes red*

You were hit by the mafia.

*Ragequit*

LOLJKBRO, you were visited by a jester.

This idea has so much potential. DR, make jesters annoying! + 1

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I prefer just having the screen flash green or white or some other color but red

Fatalis
August 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I prefer just having the screen flash green or white or some other color but red

What about saying something like
Your faction is going to lose MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Damus_Graves
August 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
What about saying something like
Your faction is going to lose MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or this:

Yours haz bean jester pokod

Fatalis
August 18th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Or this:

Yours haz bean jester pokod

I don't get it ._.

Xen
August 19th, 2012, 04:11 AM

No. Disable Night Sequence. Do nothing to encourage Night Sequence. Makes laggy newbie games last 20% longer for no reason than to appease stoned, drunk sheeple.

Though, I like this idea a lot... just not to encourage Night Sequence enabled.

creedkingsx
August 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I have Night Sequence enabled. It give information.

Deantwo
August 22nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
I have Night Sequence enabled. It give information.

yeah... somewhat it does... like in this one game everyone knew there was a MM cause of the sound he makes... but the MM never got to kill anyone before he ragequit XD

anyway... i really dislike Night Sequence... the sounds drive me nuts... most of the time when i am in a game with Night Sequence enabled... i alt-tab out to get rid of the sounds...

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
yeah... somewhat it does... like in this one game everyone knew there was a MM cause of the sound he makes... but the MM never got to kill anyone before he ragequit XD

anyway... i really dislike Night Sequence... the sounds drive me nuts... most of the time when i am in a game with Night Sequence enabled... i alt-tab out to get rid of the sounds...

I suggest muting sound altogether ^.^

kyle1234513
August 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
night sequence to me, is just a waste of time. it takes way to long for the info it gives. and its every single night. it adds about a whole minute if not more to the game every single night. as for the jesters annoy i think there should be toggle options, 3 of them, that change the effect of the jesters annoy. 1 box for screen will flash red, another for a fake messege to appear in addition to whatever else the player might find out. and the last box for eat babies.

and only 1 of those 3 boxes could be checked off at a time.

the second box give a false bit of info could make it hindering to both the town and mafia. but moreso the town.

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
night sequence to me, is just a waste of time. it takes way to long for the info it gives. and its every single night. it adds about a whole minute if not more to the game every single night. as for the jesters annoy i think there should be toggle options, 3 of them, that change the effect of the jesters annoy. 1 box for screen will flash red, another for a fake messege to appear in addition to whatever else the player might find out. and the last box for eat babies.

and only 1 of those 3 boxes could be checked off at a time.

the second box give a false bit of info could make it hindering to both the town and mafia. but moreso the town.

I disagree tbh. Night sequence is my favorite host option. It allows for town to gain more info through the sounds, help determine all the killing roles.

Fatalis
August 22nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Night sequence is just stupid to me, mass murderers will get revealed instantly due to the sound

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Night sequence is just stupid to me, mass murderers will get revealed instantly due to the sound

As does Arson and Sk

kyle1234513
August 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
I disagree tbh. Night sequence is my favorite host option. It allows for town to gain more info through the sounds, help determine all the killing roles.

and what about the 8 explosions that happen? yet no arsons in game.....

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
and what about the 8 explosions that happen? yet no arsons in game.....

MM is in game. Thats what that means

kyle1234513
August 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
MM is in game. Thats what that means

im talking about the explosions that happen when the neutral killer sk is dead, no room for any other neut, and all thats left is the 1 godfather. boom, 8 explosions. so many of the noises like glass breaking give no info at all. maybe, just maybe, if night sequence was limited to alive roles, and only 1 noise per player action was allowed then i would allow it.

BorkBot
August 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think the jester visitation should affect the game in any way. The red screen flashes sound like they could be fun though. And maybe add an option to disable the feedback from jester annoy messages, so they can disrupt detectives and lookouts while staying hidden.

CmG
August 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Random guilty voter dies (on)
Random non mafia player turns into jester (on)

That would be fun! :D

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM

Lol. it would be

BorkBot
August 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM

That wouldn't be balanced, because the mafia would freely vote jesters out. If it was just guilty voter becomes jester it could be fine though. Telling who your previous team mates were as a jester is counterproductive to your own win condition in that case.

CmG
August 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Pubs aren't balanced...

Randoman
August 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
What did I start D:

Deantwo
August 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM

maybe if it was "Random Citizen replace non-lynched Jester" XD

or maybe if the Jester annoy a Citizen... the Citizen becomes a Jester?
Jester Vs Mason Leader! get the Citizens first... GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!

Deantwo
August 23rd, 2012, 02:48 AM
night sequence to me, is just a waste of time. it takes way to long for the info it gives. and its every single night. it adds about a whole minute if not more to the game every single night.

yeah... this... and the sounds are annoying... may as well show a line of text for everyone each night... "there may be a SK, Mafia, an Arsonist, and a Mass Murderer in town" each night... that way it's also not only the pro-players that know the info...

Mugy
August 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Night sequence doesn't just somewhat give information, it gives A LOT of information. Like if a sk attacked someone but they were immune or doced, that information does not show up in death descriptions. It is also possible to tell the difference between a janitor clean and a disguiser with night sequence.

Gzz
August 23rd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Yep , but if the mass murderer or arso kills like 6 person you risk to create a chaos , and , as said one time a person "this night sequence msut be registre : sounds like WWIII !"

Chane
August 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
yeah but ur gay

I hope it was perma... I love ham

Anyways I learned a lot about ns. I had it turned of in my saves but fter seeng this I am willing to try it out

Deantwo
August 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Anyways I learned a lot about ns. I had it turned of in my saves but fter seeng this I am willing to try it out

after learning about all this my self... i am never ever enabling it again... it's kinda cheating... not fair for all players as some don't know what sounds are what...
it only makes it easier for the pro-players... and ruins some nice tactics...

anyway... i think we are far off-topic here ^^;

Voss
August 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Night sequence doesn't just somewhat give information, it gives A LOT of information. Like if a sk attacked someone but they were immune or doced, that information does not show up in death descriptions. It is also possible to tell the difference between a janitor clean and a disguiser with night sequence.

thats why i have night sequence off. too op for town.

creedkingsx
August 25th, 2012, 01:27 AM
thats why i have night sequence off. too op for town.

Hater ^^
Night sequence is a good thing. :D

Deantwo
August 25th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hater ^^
Night sequence is a good thing. :D

yeah... but how it is fair for the new players? make it a text event so everyone have the same chance of understanding it... then maybe it'd use it

creedkingsx
August 25th, 2012, 04:46 AM
yeah... but how it is fair for the new players? make it a text event so everyone have the same chance of understanding it... then maybe it'd use it

That was the fun of it. Like Death descriptions. Learning what lead to what.

Damus_Graves
August 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM
-prefer Night Sequence.

Helz
March 8th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Who wants to party?

Cryptonic
March 8th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Who wants to party?

dat necro/postfarm/offtopic

Damus_Graves
March 8th, 2014, 02:05 PM