Random Mafia
Serial Killer
Random Neutral
Random Neutral
Random Any
-Excludes all but town
Random Any
Random Any

When there is an apparent town leader rallying the town around him and directing lynches and lynch pressures.
I, then, appear as a blind sheep following his move, appearing as a useless townsperson or Survivor, and just when he lynches an accused Godfather i innocent him.
The next day i come up Citi/sinister and he says i am the new GF turned from Consig.
Now this normally comes up within a few days and i have laid the groundwork for my scum appearance in a few comments disagreeing with the town leader but sheeping along with the lynches.
Once im on the stand i claim a role: usually citizen. sometimes veteran with no alerts left.
Usually this works and i successfully acquire my win condition.

What are your strategies for jester?

Gzz
August 12th, 2012, 11:10 PM
My strategy is :
I don't talk
II claims inv and try to get killed a random person ( it works because generally in pubs the town lynch the exe )
III claims gf ( yeah , in in-house this works cause the WIFOM )
IV inno every confirmed evil roles and guilty eveyone else
V my favourite but even the most difficult : try to annoy a sure-killed person and gotcha by lookout , because the most of he times the lookout don' t know who the names appears first are the killing THEN the others , they will kill me

ALL HAIL CTHULHU
August 12th, 2012, 11:26 PM
If ever jester with confirmed veteran or vet night kills, claim vet =D

Maf will never attack you and the real vet will counter claim the shit out of you. Play it off like a maf trying to not be investigated and out the window you go!

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I always CC the Invest and call the invest Blackmailer usually, or framer, or whatever role that I feel I can claim on him.

This one time I rolled Exe and I claimed Invest and that the real invest was Lookout/Blackmailer. He said I was Exe and that red was Bmer.
I told them how would he know for certain.
We get him to L-1 and night starts.
They kill him, flips invest, they lynch me.
Jester win to the max.
The funniest thing was that Invest could detect exact role was on.

DaeK
August 13th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I usually just dont talk and eventually they find me suspicious especcialy when investigator targets me then i can say im citizen or smth when its exluded usually works but mafia could easily kill me night time.
Im not a huge fan of spamming the chat 24/7 because its a lame strategy, they know you are jester, mafia doesnt want to kill you, jailor doesnt want to waste the jail, and if only vigi might kill you.

CortoMontez
August 13th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I have some very setup-specific plays as jester...

1) Firstly, if there is a cult or possible cult in the game, as well as masons, call out all masons and all mafia as mafia. The fact that you can't distinguish between masons and mafia suggests that you are a cult who is unable to recruit them.

2)If you are jailed n1 or n2 (using a coloured name helps with this), say role? ASAP, and claim to the jailor that you are a second jailor. Also tell the jailor that you will pretend you are vet at day to prevent being killed. This should allow you to make it to the late game, at which point it will be hopefully be obvious that you aren't a jailor, and also the actual jailor will either be dead, or out of executions.

3) Claim spy with PM enabled, nuff said.

4) PM confirmed townies from day one, and if there is a role hidden, claim there is a disguiser and ask for PM tests to see who was disguised as. When you fail your own test, it should get you lynched.

5) Claim vigilante, and that all your targets were night immune. Works even better if you make the claim on a day where there is a kill missing.

6) Whenever there is a day with a kill missing, claim you were attacked and healed. It should be enough to keep killing roles off you since you claimed to have a doc on you, and will also be quickly disproved by the actual docs.

7) Claim pretty much any investigative role and say that all your targets died so you have no leads.

8) Claim bus driver, worse than spy claim in pubs; better than spy claim with more experienced players.

9) Predict kill targets, and annoy them (only if you're sure they will die, otherwise you may be outed as jester)

10) Claim amnesiac in a setup where the role isn't revealed to public