S-FM 239: Instant Mafia - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM Instant Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarks Bark View Post
    Is there a way to view the vote totals or do you just have to kind of guess, or do the math
    Top bar there is a thing called vote count. Its the toolbar just below the page select.
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

2. ISO #202

Well.... This is a StarCraft 2 forum.

RTS's provide slow gameplay that appeals to teens and young adults who don't realize that they're going to die someday, and that their time on Earth is limited.
    Says the man with a monkey as avatar, while replying to the guy with a dancing pickle on his avatar. And uh, it's not what I'd call a "slow gameplay". Did you ever play Legacy of the Void? Lol... Bllizzard wants us to get a heart attack from having 600 actions per minute...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Scvmurderer View Post
    Ghost is just a dead townie
    Senior Ghost was Godfather in this setup.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

Starcraft is fun and free (unless you really want the advanced camapigns...), you could try it

8. ISO #208

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepickles View Post
    I guess it's hard to throw away suspicion with a username like Scvmurderer. It's basically begging to be lynched all the time.
    The SCV is a unit in Starcraft. It's his name on that game, you can't judge him for that.

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

Oh I wasn't. He's a civ read for me. I'm just musing why he has two votes on him and Hybrid is adamant of his scumminess.
    Hum, how is Hybrid that scummy? Also, mind to give us a list of your reads? If you didn't read everyone yet, at least give us people you have read.

12. ISO #212

@Hybrid , school is over for you at this time. What are you doing???

13. ISO #213

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    @Hybrid , school is over for you at this time. What are you doing???
    HAVING A REAL LIFE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN WHEN YOU HAVE A PHONE! (alike me )

14. ISO #214

Hum, how is Hybrid that scummy? Also, mind to give us a list of your reads? If you didn't read everyone yet, at least give us people you have read.
    I didn't say Hybrid is scummy, I said Hybrid is sure of Svc's scumminess.

I'll work on some reads for ya'll very soon.

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

I didn't say Hybrid is scummy, I said Hybrid is sure of Svc's scumminess.

I'll work on some reads for ya'll very soon.
    Ohh... English is not my first language, so I don't know every word that you use. I thought you meant that Hybrid was scummy. Sorry :P

17. ISO #217

Offtopic; but do you guys not post in threads during night phases over here?
    During nights (this is a nightless and one-day setup), the thread gets closed by host, so we cannot post in it. However, we can still post in other open threads.

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219

List of Reads

Noone in a town read category.

Hybrid
    Aardvarks Bark

naz

ilovepickles
    Scvmurderer

Nawa

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

interesting. I'd like to be sold on the Nawa case. Why do you think he's mafia?
    I've seen him be scum many times now, and his play style is similar. He is usually more silent, his posts are shorter and less useful. He brings nothing against him in his posts, but makes sure of not letting anything that could let think he's scum by having a low and non meaningful "contribution". The strategy is hard to determinate though, so I didn't put his name in red. He could simply be having a busy life, but many people do too (you can spectate the other FM ongoing, Undercover) as PowersThatBe, and are very contributive. If you want to understand the meta better, you can still go to the Archived S-FMs section to see recent gameplays from the current players.

22. ISO #222

i m waiting for moar infos. my exams is about to be done. Monday and boom stress will be gone.
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

23. ISO #223

I've seen him be scum many times now, and his play style is similar. He is usually more silent, his posts are shorter and less useful. He brings nothing against him in his posts, but makes sure of not letting anything that could let think he's scum by having a low and non meaningful "contribution". The strategy is hard to determinate though, so I didn't put his name in red. He could simply be having a busy life, but many people do too (you can spectate the other FM ongoing, Undercover) as PowersThatBe, and are very contributive. If you want to understand the meta better, you can still go to the Archived S-FMs section to see recent gameplays from the current players.
    I just have no idea what to post.
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

24. ISO #224

Top bar there is a thing called vote count. Its the toolbar just below the page select.
    Thanks! I love you!

Says the man with a monkey as avatar, while replying to the guy with a dancing pickle on his avatar. And uh, it's not what I'd call a "slow gameplay". Did you ever play Legacy of the Void? Lol... Bllizzard wants us to get a heart attack from having 600 actions per minute...
    Oh my God you're not changing my views on RTS's in the slightest. Is 600 actions per minute supposed to improve things somehow?

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

30. ISO #230

List of Reads

Noone in a town read category.

Hybrid
    Aardvarks Bark

naz

ilovepickles
    Scvmurderer

Nawa

I almost get the impression you are trying to jump on easy lynchs here mm. At least it feels you are trying for an easy lynch. Scummy feeling from you.
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

31. ISO #231

Sure are a talkative cat
    times&people change
    you have only seen me scum 3 times, 2 of them were my 1st and 3rd game and the last i was afk all day cuz IRL+sleep
    u can't judge by that
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

32. ISO #232

33. ISO #233

Dunya can you do me a favor and send me a link to a representative game thread where you played as a wolf?
    they're in forum heaven. I haven't been mafia even once on the Syndicate yet. You can ask JJJ tho, he's played with me mafia. He thinks I'm a terrible mafia player. Also you can check my previous town games on The Syndicate; this one will be no different.

34. ISO #234

they're in forum heaven. I haven't been mafia even once on the Syndicate yet. You can ask JJJ tho, he's played with me mafia. He thinks I'm a terrible mafia player. Also you can check my previous town games on The Syndicate; this one will be no different.
    I caaaaaan't ask JJJ because he's not playing this game.

There's seriously no examples? Not even from where you played before?

35. ISO #235

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Put Me Into Neutral
    You're nowhere, I don't know where to put you.

36. ISO #236

I almost get the impression you are trying to jump on easy lynchs here mm. At least it feels you are trying for an easy lynch. Scummy feeling from you.
    I already gave my reasons here. And I already stated that my vote on you was PRESSURE. You are reacting weirdly to pressure. Plus, there is no full red name on my list. That means I'm not ready to lynch anyone yet.

37. ISO #237

I caaaaaan't ask JJJ because he's not playing this game.

There's seriously no examples? Not even from where you played before?
    I played all my games on RYM (rateyourmusic.com) and they deleted the whole subforum where we played. Thousands, upon thousands of mafia posts and 94 mafia games wiped away with a click of a button. It was devastating. The Syndicate is the new forum I joined and so far, I haven't been mafia even once.

I can give you some info tho on what other people say about me, here's a review from MrMungbean, my RYM mafia husband at the time:
    Strengths: My Mafia wife and winner of the "Best Townie" Maffy for 2011. It is not love, nor loyalty, that places her so high on my list though. No, it is arguably the finest natural scumdar in the game. I remember my old mentor harhol telling me in scumchat (Game 8, good times) that he thought she was among the very best there was, and what better an endorsement is there than that? But I have seen it with my own eyes, and even had the pleasure of joining forces with her in a supertown tag-team effort (Game 10). Her posts are always insightful and analytical, and when she's scum she plays to her strengths - panda-like innocence - in deflecting suspicion.

Weaknesses: Arguably isn't as successful at mobilising lynch support as some of the more relentless posters, despite possessing a scumdar without rival. And me of course, I am her greatest weakness because she couldn't possible kill or lie to her Mafia husband!

Career Highlight: The aborted gwilikers6-ran game in which she clocked virtually all of the scum on day 1 is the stuff of legend... but I'll give the nod to her part in the wonderful scum victory that was Game 3. It was my introduction to RYMafia, and love at first deceit.

Another user, MacDougall who always plays on The Syndicate says:
    One of the best players on her day. She has a very good gut but often has a hard time explaining how she gets her reads. Has a tendency to float in and out of games. Can never EVER be underestimated. Probably the smartest player... probably why she isn't at the top of the list tbh. Probably has better things to do lol.

JaggedJimmyJay's review of my best performance in RYM Mafia:
    Game 32, Town

The scum team (of which I was a member) started this game very well. All four of us managed to adhere to our perceived town metas well enough that a few townies were listing us among their most trusted. It took quite some time for any of us to be exposed and then lynched, because we did well to occupy leadership roles in the thread and direct voting attention to seemingly suspect townies. Unfortunately for us, dunya was ever-present throughout the game steadily picking us out from the heap one by one. She was on to RedMosquito from the first real time day of the game when nobody else was bothering to even listen to her. Then she figured out adobe and tompal while both were either seen as purely neutral or even top townspects by the rest. We were in a position to win that game handily, but as dunya's very accurate suspicions continued to mount and townies continued to die, people began to place more trust in her.

Then we died, one by one, as she essentially took us on by herself. We attempted to keep her alive a bit longer as a matter of misdirection, since her reputation sometimes leads to ill-advised mistrust by those who understand her intellect. It didn't work. She was single-handedly responsible for lynching three of the four scum, by my measure. RedMosquito and I were able to outlive her, but by then the surviving townies had already attained a keen understanding of the true suspects with the information gained from dunya behind the scenes. I made it to LyLo, but I had absolutely no case with which to defend myself and surrendered voluntarily.

~~~~

as you can see there's a trend, I am knows for my townie skills and mafia hunting, not at all for my mafia skills since I was mafia so very few times in my career so far.

38. ISO #238

I already gave my reasons here. And I already stated that my vote on you was PRESSURE. You are reacting weirdly to pressure. Plus, there is no full red name on my list. That means I'm not ready to lynch anyone yet.
    I don't see him overreacting. I've seen real overreactions to pressure votes and his do not strike me that way.

39. ISO #239

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

I played all my games on RYM (rateyourmusic.com) and they deleted the whole subforum where we played. Thousands, upon thousands of mafia posts and 94 mafia games wiped away with a click of a button. It was devastating. The Syndicate is the new forum I joined and so far, I haven't been mafia even once.

I can give you some info tho on what other people say about me, here's a review from MrMungbean, my RYM mafia husband at the time:
    Strengths: My Mafia wife and winner of the "Best Townie" Maffy for 2011. It is not love, nor loyalty, that places her so high on my list though. No, it is arguably the finest natural scumdar in the game. I remember my old mentor harhol telling me in scumchat (Game 8, good times) that he thought she was among the very best there was, and what better an endorsement is there than that? But I have seen it with my own eyes, and even had the pleasure of joining forces with her in a supertown tag-team effort (Game 10). Her posts are always insightful and analytical, and when she's scum she plays to her strengths - panda-like innocence - in deflecting suspicion.

Weaknesses: Arguably isn't as successful at mobilising lynch support as some of the more relentless posters, despite possessing a scumdar without rival. And me of course, I am her greatest weakness because she couldn't possible kill or lie to her Mafia husband!

Career Highlight: The aborted gwilikers6-ran game in which she clocked virtually all of the scum on day 1 is the stuff of legend... but I'll give the nod to her part in the wonderful scum victory that was Game 3. It was my introduction to RYMafia, and love at first deceit.

Another user, MacDougall who always plays on The Syndicate says:
    One of the best players on her day. She has a very good gut but often has a hard time explaining how she gets her reads. Has a tendency to float in and out of games. Can never EVER be underestimated. Probably the smartest player... probably why she isn't at the top of the list tbh. Probably has better things to do lol.

JaggedJimmyJay's review of my best performance in RYM Mafia:
    Game 32, Town

The scum team (of which I was a member) started this game very well. All four of us managed to adhere to our perceived town metas well enough that a few townies were listing us among their most trusted. It took quite some time for any of us to be exposed and then lynched, because we did well to occupy leadership roles in the thread and direct voting attention to seemingly suspect townies. Unfortunately for us, dunya was ever-present throughout the game steadily picking us out from the heap one by one. She was on to RedMosquito from the first real time day of the game when nobody else was bothering to even listen to her. Then she figured out adobe and tompal while both were either seen as purely neutral or even top townspects by the rest. We were in a position to win that game handily, but as dunya's very accurate suspicions continued to mount and townies continued to die, people began to place more trust in her.

Then we died, one by one, as she essentially took us on by herself. We attempted to keep her alive a bit longer as a matter of misdirection, since her reputation sometimes leads to ill-advised mistrust by those who understand her intellect. It didn't work. She was single-handedly responsible for lynching three of the four scum, by my measure. RedMosquito and I were able to outlive her, but by then the surviving townies had already attained a keen understanding of the true suspects with the information gained from dunya behind the scenes. I made it to LyLo, but I had absolutely no case with which to defend myself and surrendered voluntarily.

~~~~

as you can see there's a trend, I am knows for my townie skills and mafia hunting, not at all for my mafia skills since I was mafia so very few times in my career so far.
    Im Sure There Are Better Mafia Players Than These People Just Take Me Or Skard/Scard For Example Or Panther Or Hitman When They Play Judge And Someone(mostly me)Says x Is Efekannn02
    I Like Ice Cream

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

I found Nawa unnecessarily hostile though, so that doesn't strike me entirely scummy behavior usually. The ones with the loudest and most vile reactions are usually town actually, since a scum would place a little more effort on not setting off any alarms or giving people reason to have bad feelings towards him. On the other hand, he did backpedal a bit after that so it could have been a slip. Not sure. Probably going to move Nawa up in my list though based on my intuition and experience alone.

44. ISO #244

45. ISO #245

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Im Sure There Are Better Mafia Players Than These People Just Take Me Or Skard/Scard For Example Or Panther Or Hitman When They Play Judge And Someone(mostly me)Says x Is Efekannn02
    I never claimed they were the best mafia players, although I regard all three as some of the best mafia players of my time. The intention was to give Kyle more intel on my playstyle and strengths and weaknesses since I don't actually have a scum performance he can nitpick unfortunately.

46. ISO #246

I found Nawa unnecessarily hostile though, so that doesn't strike me entirely scummy behavior usually. The ones with the loudest and most vile reactions are usually town actually, since a scum would place a little more effort on not setting off any alarms or giving people reason to have bad feelings towards him. On the other hand, he did backpedal a bit after that so it could have been a slip. Not sure. Probably going to move Nawa up in my list though based on my intuition and experience alone.
    Want To Hear A Troll Advice?

I Cant Help Nawa Has Changed Too Much Just Do The Opposite Im Ordering About Nawa
    I Like Ice Cream

47. ISO #247

I never claimed they were the best mafia players, although I regard all three as some of the best mafia players of my time. The intention was to give Kyle more intel on my playstyle and strengths and weaknesses since I don't actually have a scum performance he can nitpick unfortunately.
    Im Still Better Than Them

(i love being like dat)
    I Like Ice Cream

48. ISO #248

...to carry on with this train of thought, from all those that have posted, I'd say Marshmallow was the most timid and agreeable. This is usually a good thing, but in a 3-day game 1 where our end game and win ultimatum is to lynch an opposing team member, being too agreeable is a big red flashing light for me. You don't have to go along with me here (yet) since we're still early into this, but I'm guessing a scum team are not going to want to draw much attention to themselves let alone cause anyone to have any serious doubts about their alliance. MM fits that criteria the most from everyone else in the thread as of now which is why I have a vote on him right now. He's not obviously scummy, he's just obviously playing this game as it should be played.

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250

A little defensive here from scvmurderer's prod. Instead of take the more civilian route of pressing scv harder, he backtracks a little too fast with claim "it's just a pressure vote chill I don't have any real hard suspects yet". That's always a glaring scum-sign for me and while I have been wrong once or twice about it, the majority of times I've been right have far outnumbered those.