S-FM 226: Which Witch is Which - Page 8
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

2. ISO #352

Re: S-FM 226: Which Witch is Which

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    why? you are calling me scum but are implying right now that am town or think i am town.

how about you vote me instead? like i said, im everyones POE and everyones scum read so its the most informative to do such thing. i have already accpeted that and nothing new is gonn happen
    for the 100th time, you are not our poe target.

3. ISO #353

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trudeau View Post
    Yes, I find it very convenient for trine to come back and kind've buddy up to those who are already widely regarded as town, while only apply suspicion to ika who is scum read or current scumspect.
    Because, he's the loudest and most obvious. Like you said, either he's practically throwing the game by encouraging us to vote him (which is why I haven't voted him and have been reading through the logs looking for other suspects) or he wants us to think he is. It makes me think of a jester playing reverse psychology. I'm not calling ika scum, just saying he's the only one who seems obvious to me as potential scum based on his behavior. But this obviousness also makes me doubt whether it's true, despite whatever everyone else thinks.

4. ISO #354

guys remember trine was gone for almost 40 hours lol
    Bro, this one game half of the players didn't even know the setup was Nightless. Know what that game was?

S-FM Black Flag Nightless 2!

IT LITERALLY HAS NIGHTLESS IN THE TITLE.

It's possible Trine is bullshitting us, but I'm so far past trying to build reliable reads on fuck ups like "I didn't check my notifications" at this point XD. At best it gives us a feeler for the guy is all.

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gauss View Post
    How long do you have, and how much do you reckon you can read in that time?

If you can read the first 10 pages or something, that at least gives you some context to who we all are and stuff. I respect your sentiments, but right now everything you say can be backtracked on with "I didn't know jack about the game so I wasn't responsible for whatever thoughts I gave."
    I've been reading in between posts all morning. My thoughts are based on what people are saying and how they are acting now, true, but going back and reading what led up to people's current suspicions is helpful. The suspicion on me seems primarily based on being late, which I can understand but there's nothing more I can do to defend against that. I apologized, I explained, now I am attempting to participate.

8. ISO #358

9. ISO #359

10. ISO #360

Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    I've been reading in between posts all morning. My thoughts are based on what people are saying and how they are acting now, true, but going back and reading what led up to people's current suspicions is helpful. The suspicion on me seems primarily based on being late, which I can understand but there's nothing more I can do to defend against that. I apologized, I explained, now I am attempting to participate.
    Alright then.

11. ISO #361

for now
    -vote sinon

Mesk is made up her mind, and I tend to agree. Let's see post flip.

I'd like pressure on sinon, I'd like whad to come back, and i'd like input from stereo.
    You seem pretty set on voting me when there are other players you and others more openly criticize/suspect. Can I help contextualize some of what makes you think I might be scum? Open floor.
    If you break my heart, I'll get you back in spades!

12. ISO #362

13. ISO #363

So I can't help but notice that 12 hours in, very little had been said that wasn't either off topic or semi-trolly (ccantman voting himself, stereo voting and then unvoting GET). GET claims he's never rolled scum being. Statistically... his time has come lol

Also worth noting, Ika became somewhat hostile the first time someone questioned his reads.

No I was thinking it was the ***** talking to itself.

I have given my reads so if you don't like that I have poed everything out and will read up then not my problem

And if you think I'm being anti social I'm not. If you look there are me, you and two invisible people
    He also seemed to kind of jump on ccant after WHAD voted him and tried to get GET to join in. Seems very early to be accusing someone and trying to put together a lynch mob lol I can see now why GET seems so frustrated. Ika has felt as though GET has been scum reading him since the first 12 hours, and therefore read him as scum in return.

14. ISO #364

From the other side, I can see how Ika might see some of GET's posts as... 'antagonistic'. I think they just both got off on the wrong foot and they've both been spending more time reacting to each other than anything else. Now the question is, could either player be acting this way on purpose? What would be the gain in getting someone worked out? Hoping to draw out a scumslip or confirm a PR? Or maybe it's just an unfortunate interaction that only serves to benefit the witches.

15. ISO #365

So I can't help but notice that 12 hours in, very little had been said that wasn't either off topic or semi-trolly (ccantman voting himself, stereo voting and then unvoting GET). GET claims he's never rolled scum being. Statistically... his time has come lol

Also worth noting, Ika became somewhat hostile the first time someone questioned his reads.

He also seemed to kind of jump on ccant after WHAD voted him and tried to get GET to join in. Seems very early to be accusing someone and trying to put together a lynch mob lol I can see now why GET seems so frustrated. Ika has felt as though GET has been scum reading him since the first 12 hours, and therefore read him as scum in return.
    I believe Whad was voting Stereo, not Ccant (mainly as a pressure vote). Furthermore, Ika's vote seemed mainly as a pressure vote too.

16. ISO #366

17. ISO #367

Big Daddy Mesk here, got any questions for a bad bitch like me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    You seem pretty set on voting me when there are other players you and others more openly criticize/suspect. Can I help contextualize some of what makes you think I might be scum? Open floor.
    This is like when I would have office hours and no one would care to come Bump.

18. ISO #368

Apparently there are a lot of new players this game, which I seem to recall now was encouraged in the creation of this setup.

I seemed to have lost track on where the votes currently stand, do we have a tracker anywhere? lol

Anyway, after reading over the entirety of everything in depth, my personal current reads are:
    ccantman: Leaning Town, I feel that ccantman hasn't contributed as much as he could due to being new and isn't quite sure how to act as Town to avoid being read as scum. Also claimed citizen after two others did, making it harder for our power roles to stay hidden.
    Trine: Town
    sinon: Leaning Town, trying not to biased by the writing style, which I like. Questioned the Whad/GET voting pair which I can appreciate but quickly claimed cit which, as others already explained, narrows the pool of citizens making it easier for witches to kill our PRs.
    GET: Mostly Town, my only nit pick here in the hard claim on citizen at the very beginning and the potential early team up with Whad.
    Whad: Mostly Town, has some good reads and made me go back and reconsider some of what Sinon said. I only dislike the early (seemingly random) vote on ccantman and pressing stereo so hard over his choice of words. Then again, I supposed we need some excuse to call someone out and see how they react. So I'll chalk it up to scum hunting.
    ika: Null, seemed to take turns going after several people besides GET (ccantman, and sinon). I want to say that he's scum hunting and not just trying to find someone that people will line up to lynch. Difficult to say. Also claimed citizen last, effectively giving away to the witches who our PRs are (unless one of the previous citizens were lying) as I hadn't yet claimed citizen.
    stereo: Leaning Town, I don't see anything suspicious in his behavior. He's mostly been defending himself about one remark where his neutral word choice (they, instead of us) made him sound scummy. But I haven't seem him contribute much.
    Gauss: Town, I appreciate her questions and participation. I've never suspected her as scum.

I don't have previous game experience with anyone to go off of.

I agree with ccantman. I hate Day 1 (especially games that start with Day rather than Night) because all we have to go on is picking at each other's choice of words, making wild accusations and seeing what sticks. No one has taken any actions that can be confirmed, refuted, or anything of the sort.

19. ISO #369

20. ISO #370

Apparently there are a lot of new players this game, which I seem to recall now was encouraged in the creation of this setup.

I seemed to have lost track on where the votes currently stand, do we have a tracker anywhere? lol

Anyway, after reading over the entirety of everything in depth, my personal current reads are:
    ccantman: Leaning Town, I feel that ccantman hasn't contributed as much as he could due to being new and isn't quite sure how to act as Town to avoid being read as scum. Also claimed citizen after two others did, making it harder for our power roles to stay hidden.
    sinon: Leaning Town, trying not to biased by the writing style, which I like. Questioned the Whad/GET voting pair which I can appreciate but quickly claimed cit which, as others already explained, narrows the pool of citizens making it easier for witches to kill our PRs.
    GET: Mostly Town, my only nit pick here in the hard claim on citizen at the very beginning and the potential early team up with Whad.
    Whad: Mostly Town, has some good reads and made me go back and reconsider some of what Sinon said. I only dislike the early (seemingly random) vote on ccantman and pressing stereo so hard over his choice of words. Then again, I supposed we need some excuse to call someone out and see how they react. So I'll chalk it up to scum hunting.
    ika: Null, seemed to take turns going after several people besides GET (ccantman, and sinon). I want to say that he's scum hunting and not just trying to find someone that people will line up to lynch. Difficult to say. Also claimed citizen last, effectively giving away to the witches who our PRs are (unless one of the previous citizens were lying) as I hadn't yet claimed citizen.
    stereo: Leaning Town, I don't see anything suspicious in his behavior. He's mostly been defending himself about one remark where his neutral word choice (they, instead of us) made him sound scummy. But I haven't seem him contribute much.
    Gauss: Town, I appreciate her questions and participation. I've never suspected her as scum.

I agree with ccantman. I hate Day 1 (especially games that start with Day rather than Night) because all we have to go on is picking at each other's choice of words, making wild accusations and seeing what sticks. No one has taken any actions that can be confirmed, refuted, or anything of the sort.
    Ptb back again

Two things:

1. You pretty much read everyone as town, except ika who you gave a null read to.

2. Check highlighted portion above. You said "unless someone was lying." The only way you wouldn't know someone was lying was if you weren't actually citizen. Because if you were citizen, and the 5th citizen to claim, you'd have to know that by process of elimination that one of the 4 other claims would have to be false because you are a real citizen who fits outside of the maximum number of possible citizen roles. So for you to not know for sure without a shadow of a doubt that one of the 4 was lying previous to your claim, that must mean you are in fact lying about your claim. And therefore, you must be either a tpr or scum, and as I stated before, there is no town benefit for a tpr to miss 37+ hours of a game. None. No excuse. (except dying family, death of yourself, or severe loss of way of life. Power outages are not acceptable, because there is always a library or mcdonalds with free wifi.)

So, my gut has been nagging me that trine is scum, and while, trine posted a bunch since coming back. The Dougler, and Unknown both have posted and given reads when they were scum, so it is not outside of scum meta to try and be super active at the tail end of a day.

Anyhow, back to set up spec, you have to be a night action role because why would the host care enough to replace you during night.

So what are you, tpr or scum?

21. ISO #371

22. ISO #372

23. ISO #373

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Let me iso you.

However, you are a bandwagoner. You flipped flopped a lot this game. You awkwardly claimed citizen. You haven't provided developed reads, and your post count is very low. (which is only a small factor) but your lack of substantive posts w/ low number of posts seems scummy trying to skate by.

I'll iso, but those are immediate reactions.

24. ISO #374

25. ISO #375

For the part pertaining to me, as I've said before (#240), from my previous experience (none of which was forum-based), people would claim roles rather casually and with little fanfare. I didn't know it would be read into to the degree it is (not a complaint, just explaining). Especially before the first night, I don't really see what it matters anyway - in fact, if you confirm a block of four of us as citizens, then you're effectively letting the witches know who the townspeople with roles are, which doesn't seem strategic since they'll be targeted at night. I suppose in later rounds, referring back to the remaining players' original claims could be useful, but you have to make it that far first. I really hope that oversight doesn't get me killed.

Sinon, I mostly agree with your reads. I'm more suspicious of stereo than you, who, if anyone's noticed, has been silent since I've reiterated some of Whad's challenges to them and has not addressed them in any real (or mine, literal) way. His erratic-ness and ad hoc excusing seems, at least, questionable to me, yet many seem to be giving them a pass, saying such is either usual play, or sympathizing that being new to FM mafia can make one feel weak. Y'all are giving him so much latitude for what constitutes towny play it'd be very easy for them to fool us. Though I'm not sold hundred p on whad being town, I think they're right in not overlooking this.

26. ISO #376

Let me iso you.

However, you are a bandwagoner. You flipped flopped a lot this game. You awkwardly claimed citizen. You haven't provided developed reads, and your post count is very low. (which is only a small factor) but your lack of substantive posts w/ low number of posts seems scummy trying to skate by.

I'll iso, but those are immediate reactions.
    So if I'm to interpret your actions right now, you believe thine and sinon are both scum? Or you think at least one is scum, and its more likely thine, and based on how he flips (or if he says he is a TPR) will dictate your next actions?

27. ISO #377

28. ISO #378

@God Emperor Trudeau
    @Trine
    @Sinon
    @ika
    @ccantman

Please confirm that you truly are not a TPR who claimed citizen for protection. If you get beaten to a CC by scum tomorrow at LYLO, it will almost certainly result in your mislynch. Furthermore, it's proving crucial to the lynch of today.

Protecting querky superpowers comes second-place to actually getting good lynches off.

(I confirm I am not a TPR)

29. ISO #379

oh and trine you said you were back and all caught up, but then later today you said you were only going off of what was being discussed while you were here. So to me, it seems you never took the time to go back and read the thread in its entirety.
    I'm sorry I meant I was getting caught up, I had skimmed over the first and last few pages when I made that post but I have aince gone back and reread everything more in depth.

30. ISO #380

@God Emperor Trudeau
    @Trine
    @Sinon
    @ika
    @ccantman

Please confirm that you truly are not a TPR who claimed citizen for protection. If you get beaten to a CC by scum tomorrow at LYLO, it will almost certainly result in your mislynch. Furthermore, it's proving crucial to the lynch of today.

Protecting querky superpowers comes second-place to actually getting good lynches off.

How does this work?

Let's say 1 of us is a TPR. Doesn't that out our TPR, which earlier was discuessed as a anti-town move?
    If its a witch, wouldn't they claim cit, and keep us at 5 unknown cits?

31. ISO #381

Quote Originally Posted by ccantman View Post
    So if I'm to interpret your actions right now, you believe thine and sinon are both scum? Or you think at least one is scum, and its more likely thine, and based on how he flips (or if he says he is a TPR) will dictate your next actions?
    I believe sinon leans scum more than he leans town.

I believe trine scumslipped and is more than likely a scum.

32. ISO #382

How does this work?

Let's say 1 of us is a TPR. Doesn't that out our TPR, which earlier was discuessed as a anti-town move?
    we have 6 currently. So right now whad and stereo are either A) the tprs or B) the witches.

So we're trying to clear a tpr or two from the potential lists of "citizens."

33. ISO #383

@ccantman so that we can get a good lynch off, so it would be a 1 for 1 trade. Unless of course the tpr that reveals isn't the field surgeon or whatever. SO tpr could technically be saved because there is a potential for a doctor.

So right now the focus is trying to get a lynch on a witch then using that data to track down the other one.

34. ISO #384

35. ISO #385

Ptb back again
    Two things:

1. You pretty much read everyone as town, except ika who you gave a null read to.
    I'm aware of that. Not one, save for ika, strikes me as particularly scummy. Almost everyone has done something that I question or consider iffy, but I'm not going to point at something and call them scum unless I feel it for a certainty.

Ptb back again
    2. Check highlighted portion above. You said "unless someone was lying." The only way you wouldn't know someone was lying was if you weren't actually citizen. Because if you were citizen, and the 5th citizen to claim, you'd have to know that by process of elimination that one of the 4 other claims would have to be false because you are a real citizen who fits outside of the maximum number of possible citizen roles.
    Here we go with persecuting someone for the way they phrase things again. I was speaking from the perspective of the group as a whole, which is why I added that I had not yet claimed citizen.

36. ISO #386

How does this work?

It does out our TPR, which is a bad thing. But the alternative is worse. Suppose you are a TPR who did not reveal yourself today.

That would mean Whad or Stereo are actually scum. In their position, they'd obviously just say "yeah I was TPR duh everyone else claimed citizen after all". Once that happens, even if you reveal your cit claim was fake, your claim will almost certainly not be believed over Whad/Stereo, and you'll get mislynched, losing us the game.

Even if you do somehow manage to convince people you screwed up and are the real TPR, all that would happen is you'd get nightkilled on n2. In other words, you'd only get to use your ability on n1 anyway lol.

37. ISO #387

I believe sinon leans scum more than he leans town.

I believe trine scumslipped and is more than likely a scum.
    Rereading your post where you get him. I see your logic.

We had 4 cit claims. If He was cit like he claims. he knows 100% someone was lying, not "unless one is lying" which means uncertainty. Therefore, he cannot be cit.

-vote Trine

38. ISO #388

39. ISO #389

It does out our TPR, which is a bad thing. But the alternative is worse. Suppose you are a TPR who did not reveal yourself today.

That would mean Whad or Stereo are actually scum. In their position, they'd obviously just say "yeah I was TPR duh everyone else claimed citizen after all". Once that happens, even if you reveal your cit claim was fake, your claim will almost certainly not be believed over Whad/Stereo, and you'll get mislynched, losing us the game.

Even if you do somehow manage to convince people you screwed up and are the real TPR, all that would happen is you'd get nightkilled on n2. In other words, you'd only get to use your ability on n1 anyway lol.
    We are in this position because too many people claimed citizen. THAT was the original fuck up. The lesson is that, though one citizen claim is generally bearable, when loads of people have that attitude it fucks over our TPRs big time.

40. ISO #390

41. ISO #391

42. ISO #392

For the part pertaining to me, as I've said before (#240), from my previous experience (none of which was forum-based), people would claim roles rather casually and with little fanfare. I didn't know it would be read into to the degree it is (not a complaint, just explaining). Especially before the first night, I don't really see what it matters anyway - in fact, if you confirm a block of four of us as citizens, then you're effectively letting the witches know who the townspeople with roles are, which doesn't seem strategic since they'll be targeted at night. I suppose in later rounds, referring back to the remaining players' original claims could be useful, but you have to make it that far first. I really hope that oversight doesn't get me killed.

Sinon, I generally agree with your reads, except I'm more suspicious of Stereo than you. I think their comments' erratic character and their ad hoc excusing is, at least, questionable, and I'll point out that they've not said two licks today in defense of anything I've charged (and rather lazily brushed of whad's concerns). In fact, many players either seem to be excusing their behavior as 'usual play' for them, or are sympathizing that being a noob to FM mafia can make one feel like a weak player. Y'all are giving them a lot of latitude and I think it would be easy to fool us with such a lax range of acceptable behavior. While I'm not sold on whad hundred p, I think they're right to not overlook stereo.

43. ISO #393

44. ISO #394

@God Emperor Trudeau
    @Trine
    @Sinon
    @ika
    @ccantman

Just something to note.

It is intersting you said "you're not TPR" instead of saying "You are a cit"
    You aren't lying if your a witch, but your also not saying 100% the truth

Just something to keep in mind later

45. ISO #395

Let me try and break this down...

Blue Point: I was saying that unless one of others lied, assuming that Ika himself wasn't lying.

Red Point: I was not counting myself as I was speaking from a Town perspective and I had not yet claimed citizen.

I know I am Town. Therefore either Ika lied or one of the previous Town lied. Does that make better sense?

46. ISO #396

I'm aware of that. Not one, save for ika, strikes me as particularly scummy. Almost everyone has done something that I question or consider iffy, but I'm not going to point at something and call them scum unless I feel it for a certainty.

Here we go with persecuting someone for the way they phrase things again. I was speaking from the perspective of the group as a whole, which is why I added that I had not yet claimed citizen.

Where is the group analysis there? That sounds pretty much like your observation of the situation as a whole.

47. ISO #397

48. ISO #398

49. ISO #399

Sinon, I generally agree with your reads, except I'm more suspicious of Stereo than you. I think their comments' erratic character and their ad hoc excusing is, at least, questionable, and I'll point out that they've not said two licks today in defense of anything I've charged (and rather lazily brushed of whad's concerns). In fact, many players either seem to be excusing their behavior as 'usual play' for them, or are sympathizing that being a noob to FM mafia can make one feel like a weak player. Y'all are giving them a lot of latitude and I think it would be easy to fool us with such a lax range of acceptable behavior. While I'm not sold on whad hundred p, I think they're right to not overlook stereo.

50. ISO #400