S-FM 294 (Ladder) : Undercover - Game Thread - Page 15
Register

User Tag List

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #701

2. ISO #702

Re: S-FM 294 (Ladder) : Undercover - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDucky View Post
    I see no way that helps us figure the game out. We need the serial killer to try and kill mafia. We also have the sheriff to find the serial killer. When people start to die this game gets easier to figure out which is what we want to happen sooner rather then later right? If the serial killer came out of the closet right now lynching there would be absurd lol
    Well, for each town the sk kills, we lose a guess at who the mafia could be. There is no way to figure the game out for sure, but we can at least maximize our number of guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

3. ISO #703

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Meh, I challenge your point of view. I don't think that's really the case at all. I just think you ain't played enough so it all seems like pretentious bullshit.

Irrespective of whether I am good at it, it is very possible to figure out whether people are good or bad by simply talking to them. Players here have done it very well.
    lol don't get so defensive yzb

4. ISO #704

5. ISO #705

we also gain a guess on who the mafia can't be!
    Well that's the thing - we, the majority, have an incentive to lynch SPECIFICALLY scums. The sk does not. In fact, sometimes he's gonna deliberately try to hit people who are town. So we want to be the ones making the choices rather than the serial killer
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

6. ISO #706

7. ISO #707

Well that's the thing - we, the majority, have an incentive to lynch SPECIFICALLY scums. The sk does not. In fact, sometimes he's gonna deliberately try to hit people who are town. So we want to be the ones making the choices rather than the serial killer
    I don't really agree.

8. ISO #708

I don't really agree.
    why?

9. ISO #709

10. ISO #710

11. ISO #711

12. ISO #712

13. ISO #713

why?
    Well first off I feel like you are trying to influence the way I look at things. I'm pretty one dimensional, if it quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. So keeping a killer alive who can kill mafia and eliminate the pool of players that could potentially be mafia = profit.

14. ISO #714

15. ISO #715

If the serial killer would reveal we could use them to help find the mafia. I have seen a few players do this on sc2 mafia, and often times if the low IQ townies actually let the killer live we often get the mafia and win the game.
    I've never seen that work on the mod lmao. If the serial killer reveals it's so that he can steal the game from the town! If the serial killer reveals too early the town will make sure to kill him before he can steal the game.

16. ISO #716

17. ISO #717

Well first off I feel like you are trying to influence the way I look at things. I'm pretty one dimensional, if it quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. So keeping a killer alive who can kill mafia and eliminate the pool of players that could potentially be mafia = profit.
    I am. I am of the opinion hoping the serial killer will reveal is absolutely nuts and even if he did reveal I would lynch his ass ASAP =P

18. ISO #718

I've never seen that work on the mod lmao. If the serial killer reveals it's so that he can steal the game from the town! If the serial killer reveals too early the town will make sure to kill him before he can steal the game.
    This is the dumbest argument you guys. You have a philosophical difference. Agree to disagree already

19. ISO #719

20. ISO #720

21. ISO #721

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    This is the dumbest argument you guys. You have a philosophical difference. Agree to disagree already
    I ain't gonna stop talking to him. If the argument is doing your head in you don't have to read it.

22. ISO #722

See, I feel like you're purposely trying to make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been in a lot of games where the killer reveals and trys to help town eliminate the mafia. It's not as cut and dry as you're trying to sell it. Obviously the killer wants to win, and sometimes it doesn't work out where he and the town can get the mafia right away or even at all but it's still a night immune vigilante with no limit on kills. In this type of game where we need to narrow down the players the killer is 100% needed other wise it's just a random party of lynching .

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

See, I feel like you're purposely trying to make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been in a lot of games where the killer reveals and trys to help town eliminate the mafia. It's not as cut and dry as you're trying to sell it. Obviously the killer wants to win, and sometimes it doesn't work out where he and the town can get the mafia right away or even at all but it's still a night immune vigilante with no limit on kills. In this type of game where we need to narrow down the players the killer is 100% needed other wise it's just a random party of lynching .
    This isnt the mod.

25. ISO #725

26. ISO #726

27. ISO #727

28. ISO #728

29. ISO #729

I ain't purposely bro we just have like, totally different views here. But we can at least try and talk it out.

Most players here have my point of view. We wouldn't agree to a strategy of working with the SK, and I don't think you'll be able to change people's minds on this. You gotta work within the framework that town and SK won't be able to cut a deal, and that sk can't and shouldn't trust the town to do good on a deal.

30. ISO #730

I ain't purposely bro we just have like, totally different views here. But we can at least try and talk it out.

Most players here have my point of view. We wouldn't agree to a strategy of working with the SK, and I don't think you'll be able to change people's minds on this. You gotta work within the framework that town and SK won't be able to cut a deal, and that sk can't and shouldn't trust the town to do good on a deal.
    You guys have a set way to play the game then? Doesn't that get boring? The fact that we have even way more time here to discuss things would make more sense that we could trust the killer because the second he steps out of line we can 187 that mother trucker. Also it provides us with a NON mafia narrowing down that player pool even more.

31. ISO #731

32. ISO #732

33. ISO #733

You guys have a set way to play the game then? Doesn't that get boring? The fact that we have even way more time here to discuss things would make more sense that we could trust the killer because the second he steps out of line we can 187 that mother trucker. Also it provides us with a NON mafia narrowing down that player pool even more.
    If I was the SK Id work with you ducky <3

34. ISO #734

35. ISO #735

36. ISO #736

37. ISO #737

Some things are set in stone, yes. After a while, a certain culture is created, and players who do not fit into that culture suffer, because they receive suspicion for being different and trying to "derail the town agenda". In that sense, it's not that different from the mod.

A large part of this game is a sort of self fulfilling prophecy. There's this thing some snobby players made up called "pressure voting". The idea is that when you're suspicious of someone, sometimes you make a point of [vote]ing them as well as simply expressing your suspicion. The idea is you somehow make people more "scared" by physically [vote]ing them, even though you can move the [vote] later.

This obviously shouldn't mean anything. But, after a while, people are forced to take it seriously because others do. And it starts to gain value. In one game, people literally thought I couldn't be scum with a guy because I [vote]ed someone at the start who happened to be scum with me on a whim. After that, [vote]ing people became a more loaded task, because even if I don't think it matters, I know other people do and they may read into who I [vote]. If I [vote] my teammate, will they think we can't be scum together? Or will they clock onto what I'm doing because of the last game?

Suddenly, my decision to [vote] says something about me. I didn't take it seriously, but people made me take it seriously. The same will happen to you if you play this demented game for long enough. It's perverse, horrific and fascinating all at once.

38. ISO #738

39. ISO #739

40. ISO #740

41. ISO #741

42. ISO #742

43. ISO #743

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Yzb do we switch to duck? I dont think we get enough votes.
    I also don't think people would be willing to vote for him unless he actually does something scum-indicative. It's not like he's inactive, he's just philosophically incompatible with the game LOL.

44. ISO #744

A mafia player and a town player would literally feel the same way when voted, "oh no I don't want to be lynched"
    RIGHT?

this site will never learn T_T

45. ISO #745

I also don't think people would be willing to vote for him unless he actually does something scum-indicative. It's not like he's inactive, he's just philosophically incompatible with the game LOL.
    I think his knowledge of the setup could be scum indicative. I didnt even know mafia couldnt kill until halfway through. Honestly maybe I just WANT to believe that because of how fucking annoying the two of them are though. Especially together.

46. ISO #746

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I think his knowledge of the setup could be scum indicative. I didnt even know mafia couldnt kill until halfway through. Honestly maybe I just WANT to believe that because of how fucking annoying the two of them are though. Especially together.
    Yeah but given his personality I suspect he would read the setup before anything else. It's kind of NAI.

Someone could try to SK read him for pushing this SK alliance so hard, but I don't get the impression he's saying this because he's SK

47. ISO #747

Yeah but given his personality I suspect he would read the setup before anything else. It's kind of NAI.

Someone could try to SK read him for pushing this SK alliance so hard, but I don't get the impression he's saying this because he's SK
    No I'm pretty sure its Caustic who fucked around in the last two games.

48. ISO #748

49. ISO #749

50. ISO #750