S-FM 223: Cult of Zed - Page 13
Register

User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #601

2. ISO #602

Re: S-FM 223: Cult of Zed

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    None of the claim seemed natural for me.

The difficulty is deciding whether it was scummy, or whether there's validity in it coming from a Town perspective.

FB didn't treat it like a serious reaction test as far as I can tell, and that somewhat reduces the chance it's Towny, unless it's a specific meta thing for him.

(halp)?

Both yourself and @yzb25 unvoted him after his claim and that series of posts, and I still don't understand why.

Also, can you explain the contradiction with the bold 'the one post I really didn't like... .seemed natural' ?
    When I first read the posts in the moment I gave him a throw-away townread because of the tone, but upon combing through the game in a reread I changed my mind and realized my townread was invalid.

3. ISO #603

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Then talk to your beloved townread about his wallpost.
    I liked it. Its what I am used to Town!yzb, though to be fair I don't have experience with your Scum game.

I think at the very least some of what you are arguing is NAI for FB. How much is that I am not sure.

Your point 2 of the summary posts where you gave 2 points I think is NAI.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

4. ISO #604

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I liked it. Its what I am used to Town!yzb, though to be fair I don't have experience with your Scum game.

I think at the very least some of what you are arguing is NAI for FB. How much is that I am not sure.

Your point 2 of the summary posts where you gave 2 points I think is NAI.
    I am talking about you saying fire was driving the lynch on SP. I think that that is actually Null.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

5. ISO #605

Why am I your #2 to lynch?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy thing you've done all game.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

6. ISO #606

7. ISO #607

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I can't think of a single noteworthy thing you've done all game.
    I've been the same all game. Unless you think I am CL I don't see you having an argument here.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

8. ISO #608

You mean you can imagine a plausible town perspective to those actions w/o making assumptions / reaching?
    I think driving a lynch like that at EOD is pretty NAI. We needed a lynch, FB gave one to us. It didn't win us the game, but it did give us a chance.

But I do get why you think he could be Scum because of it... driving a lynch that landed on Town can be interpreted as Scum shinannies, but I think Town can do it just as well.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

9. ISO #609

I think driving a lynch like that at EOD is pretty NAI. We needed a lynch, FB gave one to us. It didn't win us the game, but it did give us a chance.

But I do get why you think he could be Scum because of it... driving a lynch that landed on Town can be interpreted as Scum shinannies, but I think Town can do it just as well.
    That level of passion over lynching someone you don't even think will flip scum is not justified. He never even said anything like "we should lynch. Some lynch is better than no lynch". Your interpretation is completely detached from the text, as they say in english literature courses :3.

10. ISO #610

11. ISO #611

Holy crap there's only an hour and a half until EOD. o.o
    Oh nvm day got delayed a few hours. Nice!

Though, sadly, that just means I definitely won't be able to make it on for EOD... unless I pull an all-nighter...

Now, how much of my health and dignity am I willing to sacrifice for this game? Hmmm

12. ISO #612

Holy crap there's only an hour and a half until EOD. o.o
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I thought we had another 24 hours!!!

-vote Firebringer
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

13. ISO #613

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I thought we had another 24 hours!!!

-vote Firebringer
    Mesk would probably be happy to lynch FB too, which means you'd only need to find one other person. Hopefully Cass may be around to hammer.

Be weary of SB - he's the likely cultist pick if FB is CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I think if I was cultist my recruiting order would be something like this:
    Ika, Yzb25, Quick, Mesk, Grylander, Cass, Stealthbomber

No offense stealth but I don't think i would trust you to be a cultist with me.
    The above post looks like a scumbrag, plus SB stalking off even tho I challenged him about the Gyr lynch and just posted that massive ass FB wallpost is suspicious AF.

I think I'm gonna go to bed. If I get to bed now I can still get 6 hours of sleep in. If I pulled an all nighter I might concern relatives about my mental well-being.

Cya!

14. ISO #614

Mesk would probably be happy to lynch FB too, which means you'd only need to find one other person. Hopefully Cass may be around to hammer.

Be weary of SB - he's the likely cultist pick if FB is CL.

The above post looks like a scumbrag, plus SB stalking off even tho I challenged him about the Gyr lynch and just posted that massive ass FB wallpost is suspicious AF.

I think I'm gonna go to bed. If I get to bed now I can still get 6 hours of sleep in. If I pulled an all nighter I might concern relatives about my mental well-being.

Cya!
    Oh and for context - FB had already answered Ika's question "I pick you" he had already said. That post came way later when he seemed to be in a more... smug... mood lol.

Bye for realz now!

15. ISO #615

I could vote Gyr, but I don't think they are Scum. We need a lynch and its LyLo tomorrow!
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

16. ISO #616

17. ISO #617

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone "could" vote me.

Do you scum-read FB, or are you lynching him because he's a better option than me?
    IDK. I think you are Town. I am kinda undecided on FB. So, yeah, I think he is a better option than you because I am null reading him and I am Town reading you.

Remember what I said last game about you really only Scum hunting when you are Town? This post is a great example of that.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

18. ISO #618

IDK. I think you are Town. I am kinda undecided on FB. So, yeah, I think he is a better option than you because I am null reading him and I am Town reading you.

Remember what I said last game about you really only Scum hunting when you are Town? This post is a great example of that.
    I don't dare to categorize that as "scum hunting" but just self-interest. However, your answer made me slightly town read you So... it kind of makes the list of possible scum smaller.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

19. ISO #619

20. ISO #620

21. ISO #621

22. ISO #622

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    i want @Cass or stelathbomber to come in here.

i really wish sw was here though at least then i would have conficence in reading things right and not be parnaoid
    What do you wish to conference me on?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

23. ISO #623

Here for a bit

Yesterday I thought that my tone when I was town was incredible townie but now you vote me lmao

Anyway, you mentioned probably the two people that have the smallest content, while it is somehow a valid way of finding Bad people I think you should try to find people who are scummy no matter their contribution ;)))!););) O lbl

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...221-Death-Note

This was my re-introductory game and I believe my first game with Gyr, this being my second.
    LMAO. Same as I said the last post. I thought my posts this game felt like town miles afar and now I'm the most voted wagon? Okey, I must accept I'm not doing much this game appart from defending myself and casting some votes. It's that I just found out that Cultist games make me go OH DAAAAAEEEMNNNN.

And well, stealth, just voting me because I critizised Cass reason to vote me in a way you didn't like is quite lame, don't you think?

Damn, if I die right now I won't be able to win! Plz let me get converted first and then I'll tell you when you guys can lynch me <3
    to Gyr Iso in Death Note

And to ISO here

AFAICT there' are direct differences between tone and level of active scum hunting.

Spoiler : Comparison :
    This game:
    Omgus vote Yzb
    EZ TOWN Read Cass for gifs, SP for calling him Town
    Shade at Yzb (emphasises his behaviour REALLY strange) .. but awkward backtrack/caveat in post
    Defend Town read on SP
    Fluff
    Vote Mesk as train picks up traction, no elaboration/thought process
    Disappears

D2
    Vote Mesk no elaboration/thought process
    No thought process on other players

Other game:
    Votes FB off the bat
    Focus on SCUM hunting,
    PUSHES players/hightlights what he doesn't like
    Gives full reads list and WTL
    not restricted to one read

TLDR
    The differences I see is that in the last game (as Town??) Gyr had more focus on looking for scum than, gave stronger reasons for Town reads, offered up wider range of thought processes/reasons for reads.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or they have a different take

24. ISO #624

@Gyrlander

What makes you say your play has been more towny this game?
    I don't have problem with you 'defending yourself, or casting votes'.

I do have problems with the facts that:
    - you've given EZTOWN reads - for use of gifs and a TR on you;
    - you haven't given reasons for your votes other than the one on yzb which was initially OMGUS - though I did like the reasoning of the afterthought, the fact it was an afterthought makes it more null for me;
    - you haven't pushed at players until Mesk - and that seems like an afterthought.
    - you moved from voting Yzb who had no other votes to JOINING him as 3rd on the Mesk train, with no elaboration or pushing of Mesk as scum before this.
    - you miss EoD and lord the 'I knew SP was Town' on return but
    - Don't elaborate on your thoughts wrt the whole player base

And then, in comparison with the other game, when you've been Town you
    - Focus more on scum reads/giving reasons why scum - and on more players
    - Give solid reasons for Town reads / not willing to lynch players
    - List full reads

So I have a problem with the differences

Can you:

Elaborate on why Mesk is your no. 1 lynch and answer earlier question on why you shifted to her from YZB?

Give a reads list so we know where your head is at; and

link me to another scum game pls?

25. ISO #625

Have skimmed but probably don't have time to quote and reply to everything.

Off the top of my head.

@Stealthbomber16 can you explain your progression on Ika?/Mesk

How is Ika's CAPS OUTBURST enough to overrule the concern you had about his reads list and put him as top Town?

Why did you encourage Mesk to reconsider/don't you think Firebringer is a good lynch today? AFAICT the reason you've given is 'tone' ?

But you also contradicted, saying that one post you really didn't like felt natural?

Unless I've missed it you haven't answered the questions I had about that earlier?

26. ISO #626

What do you wish to conference me on?
    I'm mobile ATM (sw is alseep and I can move without waking her)

But when I look at yzb 623(?) post it looks like he scum slipped by thinking if fire flips cult leader that we then need to hunt cultist.

Also quick seems way to confident in that lull is tommorw cus case still has not answered the question (nor yzb or did he I don't recall) and I know I have not answered it cus there is a potential way it could not happen

27. ISO #627

28. ISO #628

-vote Firebringer

Summary of main points:

1) Mesk read looks informed.

2) EOD1 outburst looks like scum!Firebringer getting triggered by traumatic past of scum losses.

If these points feel unsubstantiated, it's probably because you didn't read the massive fucking wallpost 5 posts above this.
    Have read your wallpost.

Don't disagree that there's potential for FB to be CL.

Have some issues with the aggressive ALL CAPS CONSIDER NOONE ELSE push ending in a mislynch.

Find your take on it a little pot calling the kettle black though.

Was FB in enough danger that it was a move for self pres? If so scum equity increases imo, but that's from a push lynch for self-pres perspective, I don't see what you're getting at about a trigger from past losses?

You mention there not being another viable lynch, and reading back I probably agree, so why would ScumFB have been panicking? and where would TownFB have gone?

Not discounting the meta you've imparted suggesting he's bold enough to make the move as scum, but considering it could also be fearmongering if you yourself are scum.

WRT

1) Mesk read looks informed
    Informed which way???????? And how do you know???

IIRC your wall post said the problem you had was contradiction with FB calling Mesk Town for lazy and then voting her D2 for the same thing. Don't have a problem with that being problematic, but it doesn't equal informed.

Switched to Ika suggests he's pushing the strategy of hunting for converts, which is more easily manipulated because it hinges on 'possibility' rather than analysis of actual thread events.

TLDR Anyone have a problem with FB / Gyr lynches as lead trains for today?

29. ISO #629

I have both CL and conversion-possibility tinfoil on yzb but think he's probably a VERY obvious ?and therefore discardable choice? for convert, and am not confident that my tinfoil overrules his Town appearance D1 enough for him to actually be CL.

Want to see answers to the Mesk read being 'informed'

Is that a thing?

30. ISO #630

I'm mobile ATM (sw is alseep and I can move without waking her)

But when I look at yzb 623(?) post it looks like he scum slipped by thinking if fire flips cult leader that we then need to hunt cultist.

Also quick seems way to confident in that lull is tommorw cus case still has not answered the question (nor yzb or did he I don't recall) and I know I have not answered it cus there is a potential way it could not happen
    How is that a scum slip?

I don't see either cultist or recruit forgetting the objective for their destruction is the CL being flipped.

/shrug

31. ISO #631

I feel good about Cass. Don't see any change from D1 to D2.

I don't feel bad about Gyr. Seems like typical Town!Gyr to me.

IDK why SB thinks I am Scummy, which is concerning.

Ika is just really Meh and I expect decent content from him and I am not seeing it here. Top pick atm.

Fire is hard for me to read in general, could go either way.

yzb hasn't put out the solid performance we saw from him D1, maybe? Still leaning Town though.

And Mesk is just plain not here.

I'm liking Quick for Town but see him as potential for convert.

If so, biggest FoS at Gyr and FB

32. ISO #632

How is that a scum slip?

I don't see either cultist or recruit forgetting the objective for their destruction is the CL being flipped.

/shrug
    it boilds down to the wincons themself

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Win Conditions:
    Cultists: Control 50% of the vote, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.
    Citizens: Lynch Cult Leader Zed.
    a CL/cultist might not be aware that the wincon is to jsut see the CL dead and threfor would make that post.

do i make more sense? its late so im tired and i always feel like i dont when im tired

33. ISO #633

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Don't you mean I am not risk averse at all?
    Risk averse means I play the safe route.

Also appreciate all the comments here. You make me blush.
    That this is FB's last post is somewhat sus.

Where's the TL push from yesterday, if Town?

In combination with earlier criticisms of EZTownReads and the ????PR Claim

@Firebringer - have you explained why that was ever going to be beneficial to Town from your perspective?

I'm ok with FB being the lynch today if nothing changes.

So yeah.

Pretty much still happiest with Mesk/FB/Gyr.

Go Go Go with any other theories/gut reads Town peeps!
    I gotta drive and have appointment an hour before Deadline. I should be able to follow on mobile after drive (2hrs) and be here half hourish before EoD.

GLGLGL!

34. ISO #634

it boilds down to the wincons themself

a CL/cultist might not be aware that the wincon is to jsut see the CL dead and threfor would make that post.

do i make more sense? its late so im tired and i always feel like i dont when im tired
    Wait.

IS the wincon just to see the CL dead?

Or CL and Cultists aren't considered the same team/don't win together?

Making CL 3P?

And Cultists Scum?

Is this something we can ask the mod ITT? / get confirmation on? @MattZed ?

35. ISO #635

Wait.

IS the wincon just to see the CL dead?

Or CL and Cultists aren't considered the same team/don't win together?

Making CL 3P?

And Cultists Scum?

Is this something we can ask the mod ITT? / get confirmation on? @MattZed ?
    I like this question a lot.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

36. ISO #636

37. ISO #637

Holy heebie jeebies, DADV and potential pushing easy mislynches Batman.

Complete YOLO here and darnit I'm supposed to be driving but

IF the two non Town factions are separate, inB4 it's

-vote Stealthbomer16
    and Quick
    Secondary YOLO Stealth /Yzb (assuming I'm reading correctly that Yzb is nullish/Town with caveat reading Stealth right now

Long game theory goes CL would need to distance from their cultists and cultists need to keep their CL alive.

Hence Stealth scum reading Quick but voting Gyr
    And Quick null on Stealth but voting FB

OR it could still be as simple as Gyr/Mesk/FB

But YOLO is more fun

@Gyrlander , @Firebringer if you are Town your job here is to hunt scum and not just lie down and accept a mislynch.
    If you're Scum continue lying down.

Someone tell me if accepting a lynch is something either FB or Gyr do more as scum than Town.

38. ISO #638

39. ISO #639

Confirmation from anyone that I'm understanding setup correctly would be nice.

*Giant Facepalm*
    If I'm reading your post correctly you are misunderstanding everything.

Go read the first page and click setup and read that and come back. I don't fully understand what you are thinking ATM so I'm just gonna direct you to the setup itself

40. ISO #640

41. ISO #641

FB is known for forfeiting games as Scum.
    At least to me. I've seen it 2-3 times.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

42. ISO #642

Full reads list at this point in the game
    Me
    ika

yzb
    firebringer
    cass

mesk
    quick
    gyrlander
    At this point I want a quick or gyrlander lynch and a mesk lynch would be alright, but I won't actively push it.
    Why is Ika Town?

I feel good about Cass. Don't see any change from D1 to D2.

I don't feel bad about Gyr. Seems like typical Town!Gyr to me.

IDK why SB thinks I am Scummy, which is concerning.

Ika is just really Meh and I expect decent content from him and I am not seeing it here. Top pick atm.

Fire is hard for me to read in general, could go either way.

yzb hasn't put out the solid performance we saw from him D1, maybe? Still leaning Town though.

And Mesk is just plain not here.

I support this post, with the exception that I can't clear Gyr.

Could maybe go Ika over Stealth, but why would CL draw push you over easier lynches like Gyr/Mesk/FB ?

FB is a conundrum.

Who's your pick from Stealth/Ika/FB?

43. ISO #643

Yo, present. Not much time to quote posts, sorry.

Cass, you seem to be misunderstanding the FB case. I'm saying his reaction at the EOD1 was an emotional reaction to getting scumread on day 1 after all the past problems. It has nothing to do with self pres.

The whole bottom third of the wallpost was explaining the inconsistencies in a town!perspective of his mesk read and the scum!perspective of a mesk read. Your question is like reading the conclusion to an essay and asking "wait, where's the reasoning again?"

And yes, you do seem tired as fuck :P

I posted that thing about SB in case he got in here and started hardpushing a train off FB.

44. ISO #644

45. ISO #645

If I'm reading your post correctly you are misunderstanding everything.

Go read the first page and click setup and read that and come back. I don't fully understand what you are thinking ATM so I'm just gonna direct you to the setup itself
    What am I misunderstanding?

initial thought process was there were only two teams.

Now I'm considering CL is more a survivor who is more likely than I credited to use/abuse the scum they create.

And Scum can't win without keeping CL alive.

46. ISO #646

What am I misunderstanding?

initial thought process was there were only two teams.

Now I'm considering CL is more a survivor who is more likely than I credited to use/abuse the scum they create.

And Scum can't win without keeping CL alive.
    That's a misinterpretation of the relationship. They share a wincon and will work together. They're a team, not a coincidentally co-aligning collection of self interests. Obviously CL's life takes priority, but it's all for the team.

47. ISO #647

48. ISO #648

Yo, present. Not much time to quote posts, sorry.

Cass, you seem to be misunderstanding the FB case. I'm saying his reaction at the EOD1 was an emotional reaction to getting scumread on day 1 after all the past problems. It has nothing to do with self pres.

The whole bottom third of the wallpost was explaining the inconsistencies in a town!perspective of his mesk read and the scum!perspective of a mesk read. Your question is like reading the conclusion to an essay and asking "wait, where's the reasoning again?"

And yes, you do seem tired as fuck :P

I posted that thing about SB in case he got in here and started hardpushing a train off FB.

Why not the other two?

And if you're going to push FB I repeat my concern/town possibilities:

Lynching SP wasn't (?) self pres, lynch would've gone to anyone with the most votes, and unless I'm wrong that wasn't FB at the time?

You say SP was a valid lynch

I think it's less likely CL sticks their neck out to hammer home a mislynch D1.

Does FB lie down as Town?

49. ISO #649

50. ISO #650

Why not the other two?

And if you're going to push FB I repeat my concern/town possibilities:

Lynching SP wasn't (?) self pres, lynch would've gone to anyone with the most votes, and unless I'm wrong that wasn't FB at the time?

You say SP was a valid lynch

I think it's less likely CL sticks their neck out to hammer home a mislynch D1.

Does FB lie down as Town?
    Exactly, which is why I keep repeating my argument has nothing to do with self pres >.<

Honestly, FB lying down is pretty null.

And "Who's your pick from Stealth/Ika/FB"?! Seriously?! XD