Thoughts on vaccine policy? - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Thoughts on vaccine policy?

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    your body produces more formaldehyde and aluminum naturally than what is in the syringe of a cocktail of molecules that prevents the spread of deadly disease.
    Nitpick: our bodies produce formaldehyde, but not aluminum. We do ingest aluminum, however.

Herd Immunity is the concept that if the majority of children are vaccinated then the few that are not vaccinated should be fine. Anti-vaccers often use Herd Immunity as the only solid excuse to not vaccinate their kids. But, what if a bunch of non-vaccinated kids get together? What if one of them randomly contracts measles from another? Herd Immunity is less effective than it should be because the more people that believe in Herd Immunity, the less effective it is (basic mathematics here).
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of herd immunity. Herd immunity isn't really an anti-vax idea or a "belief", actually the opposite. Herd immunity is a form of disease prevention that helps limit spread of disease among people who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason. It's when people start to not vaccinate their kids that immunity levels drop below that which supports herd immunity, and it no longer works to prevent disease.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of herd immunity. Herd immunity isn't really an anti-vax idea or a "belief", actually the opposite. Herd immunity is a form of disease prevention that helps limit spread of disease among people who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason. It's when people start to not vaccinate their kids that immunity levels drop below that which supports herd immunity, and it no longer works to prevent disease.
    This is what I was trying to say, just didn't quite know how to put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #53

"There are no poisons, only poisonous doses" ~Paracelsus

Most of the scare about vaccinations is that one or more of the chemicals used to distribute vaccinations are harmful; formaldehyde, mercury, and aluminum to name a few. However the amount of these chemicals per dose is so miniscule that it's completely insignificant, your body produces more formaldehyde and aluminum naturally than what is in the syringe of a cocktail of molecules that prevents the spread of deadly disease. I believe that in the U.S. every citizen (with the exceptions of those that are at a health risk, such as: the ill, elderly, and newborns) should receive mandatory vaccinations. There is no scientific evidence that vaccinations are harmful long term, and the spread of the concept of "Herd Immunity" is a slippery slope that can endanger the lives of everyone not vaccinated.

Herd Immunity is the concept that if the majority of children are vaccinated then the few that are not vaccinated should be fine. Anti-vaccers often use Herd Immunity as the only solid excuse to not vaccinate their kids. But, what if a bunch of non-vaccinated kids get together? What if one of them randomly contracts measles from another? Herd Immunity is less effective than it should be because the more people that believe in Herd Immunity, the less effective it is (basic mathematics here).
    But health workers are vaccinating newborn babies in the hospital in USA before they even get to go home for the first time and treating parents very poorly if they chose not to vaccinate or delay vaccinations or even question vaccines at all. Practically forcing parents into it. I really feel like people should be given more unbiased research and information on vaccines. I remember as a child getting shots and not liking the fact I didn't have a say nor was I given much information into what was going into my body. I think vaccines are important I just really don't like the big Pharms companies and Healthcare workers biased approach to them.

i<3cryptonic

4. ISO #54

To be fair, I can see how this doesn't contradict. To pro-life people (not in an insulting way, but this is their viewpoint) a fetus is as much a valid human as a newborn child, usually due to the religious concept of a soul. At that point, abortion isn't an issue of autonomy with relation to women as the fetus is a separate human. Just as people would think that killing a newborn because you don't want a kid anymore is abhorrent, pro-lifers think killing a fetus is equally abhorrent.
    I suppose. But even then I think the concept of being "pro-life" is 1) A misnomer. Should just be called anti-abortion. And 2) Backwards thinking because it prioritizes a the possibility of new life over an already existing/healthy life. And if we follow this belief to its logical conclusion to a world where abortion is banned/doesn't exist, a large number of children come into this world unwanted by their parents which doesn't lead to a good upbringing. Not to mention the children that are products of rape/incest or cases where giving birth actually puts the mother's own health at risk.

Plus, if it's about protecting the life, shouldn't you do everything in your power to increase the quantity/quality of the kid's life? Like, say, giving them immunity to a bunch of horrible/life-threatening diseases?

Oh, I guess I should answer your original question of the thread- I am pro-vaccine, but don't think it should be mandated by law or forced on anyone.

That being said, I think that people who opt against it (without a medical reason to do so) are making a terrible choice and should maybe be forced to watch this video (and perhaps some other, more informative videos) first.

But if they see all the evidence and still choose to ignore it, that is their prerogative, I guess.

5. ISO #55

In a perfect world,

Where all choices are made for you optimally,

New legislation requires all citizens to be fully vaccinated,

But only 1 company can win this massive contract.

This Summer

Prepare to see how the lowest bidder always wins

And that means corners will be cut

And vaccinations will always be subpar when government mandated

VAXERS
    Coming to theaters near you
    Summer 2017

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    I suppose. But even then I think the concept of being "pro-life" is 1) A misnomer. Should just be called anti-abortion. And 2) Backwards thinking because it prioritizes a the possibility of new life over an already existing/healthy life. And if we follow this belief to its logical conclusion to a world where abortion is banned/doesn't exist, a large number of children come into this world unwanted by their parents which doesn't lead to a good upbringing. Not to mention the children that are products of rape/incest or cases where giving birth actually puts the mother's own health at risk.
    Again, I don't agree with this viewpoint. However, I can see why pro-lifers think that way. It isn't that a fetus is potential life, or whatever. It is, according to them, a full human life, on par with a newborn, a child, or an adult. Just as how you would think that killing a newborn child because its parents do not want it, or it's a product of rape/incest, would be a terrible crime, pro-lifers think the same about fetuses because they assign fetuses the same "value" as they do newborns.

8. ISO #58

Again, I don't agree with this viewpoint. However, I can see why pro-lifers think that way. It isn't that a fetus is potential life, or whatever. It is, according to them, a full human life, on par with a newborn, a child, or an adult. Just as how you would think that killing a newborn child because its parents do not want it, or it's a product of rape/incest, would be a terrible crime, pro-lifers think the same about fetuses because they assign fetuses the same "value" as they do newborns.
    Yeah, I get that, I guess that was just my way of saying I don't agree with that viewpoint either. I feel as though it's not a human life until it's born. Until then it is closer to a parasite than a human (and thus a "potential human life", which I give lower value/priority than an actual human life), so I feel as though the host of said parasite (its mother) should have the final say on whether or not said parasite (fetus) is welcome to stay.