Game Over! - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Game Over!

1. ISO #151

Re: Game Over!

which reminds me about a fatal flaw about this game design: the universe speration itself.

What could of happened at any point in the game is that the universe with 3 scums could of gotten overran with them and they controll it. from there town would be lynching themselfs in the other universe and scusm woudl ahve to do nothing. yes willima bell could of came over and collasp but he could of also been lynched day 1 or early making scums controlling one oped

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    no? cop baiscly was a named townie cus both gf and us were Immune? if he moved into other and doc came with then thats oped
    Yes and no. There was both a detective and a sheriff in Prime.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I still think his WIFOm helped town, it prevented a night kill, all the arguing about it is just not much in comparison.
    How did it prevent a NK?
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Yes and no. There was both a detective and a sheriff in Prime.
    detecitve was the only role that was really useful

doc is near negative utility with bell cus he will jsut sucide if he was charged with another charged. not onlt that but scum should of killed in other universe to let paranoia sit in

sheriff has no utility as both gf and us are immune

enchanted cit is a pl material

detective can catch us but also has the same negative aspect of being charged. not only that he could of follow sheriff to a kill and get false postives

so detective was not as powerful as it was due to the fact there were a lot of stuff to counter it

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

doc is near negative utility with bell cus he will jsut sucide if he was charged with another charged. not onlt that but scum should of killed in other universe to let paranoia sit in

detective can catch us but also has the same negative aspect of being charged. not only that he could of follow sheriff to a kill and get false postives

so detective was not as powerful as it was due to the fact there were a lot of stuff to counter it
    I as GF was detection immune. If it was up to me, I would have picked alignment immune, but that's not what M-FM Town chose.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

gf get nk immune or deteion immunity, the detective bypasses the immunity
    What is detection immunity than?
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

13. ISO #163

Had I been charged?

Thank you Anonymous Donor

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Inmunity against sheriffs. And lookouts, I guess (I haven't checked if they bypass)
    I really wish I would have known that when I subbed in. I was not told that though. Things would have been drastically different. I just skimmed my role, didn't really know what it was. If I had known that I was immune to ALL detection, I never would have slipped. My fault for not knowing exactly what role I was. I didn't ask, I just assumed that detection immunity was lookout/tracker immune. Fuck it all.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

20. ISO #170

M-FM Badass
    no i didnt then

No, i did scumread Unknown d1 and he was the one leading town.
    nah, unknwon was the one leading the town, he was basicly ebing attacked on mutiple fronts. if he was leading toan as you say, the pr claim would actaly lead to mroe credibility and incentive to kill him even if he was cit

I really wish I would have known that when I subbed in. I was not told that though. Things would have been drastically different. I just skimmed my role, didn't really know what it was. If I had known that I was immune to ALL detection, I never would have slipped. My fault for not knowing exactly what role I was. I didn't ask, I just assumed that detection immunity was lookout/tracker immune. Fuck it all.
    reading setup can help. most times we put on bypassing for something like that

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

nah, unknwon was the one leading the town, he was basicly ebing attacked on mutiple fronts. if he was leading toan as you say, the pr claim would actaly lead to mroe credibility and incentive to kill him even if he was cit
    WC was the one to tell us to beware of people's voting pattern because that could mean they're scum, and he was also the one who got us all to vote deathworlds together, yes he was the town leader, which is exactly why he has to resort to WIFOM to stay alive.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

23. ISO #173

WC was the one to tell us to beware of people's voting pattern because that could mean they're scum, and he was also the one who got us all to vote deathworlds together, yes he was the town leader, which is exactly why he has to resort to WIFOM to stay alive.
    but again, the wifom would be moot point cus they would kill him anayways.

not only that but he didnt convice us to vote deathwolrd, he was already a null/scum lean on us and telling us about voting patterens did nothing cus nobody used it

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

You don't play as Town leader as Doc for exactly that reason. Also you don't want to get NKed. So there are two reasons not to be top poster as Doc. It paints a target on your back. I know this from experience. If I am ever the top poster I get lynched because I have a meta most people don't know how to read properly. I don't think there is anyone on this site who knows how to read me accurately. There are a few on other sites, but not here. Not yet at least.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

27. ISO #177

VCA is a lot harder than what you are saying. There are not too many people who can pull it off.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

28. ISO #178

Sad thing that charging targets is at the end of the OoO
    7. William Bell Charges
    8. Kills (-1) (Vet, Vig, OverCharge, Mafia Faction Kill, Disguiser)
    9. Heals (+1)
    10. Jailor/Kidnapper executes
    11. Enhanced Citizen/Corrupt Citizen/William Bell Universe Switch (Even if dead)
    12. Transporter (Even if dead)
    13. Universe Collapse and Kill. (-23)

you would of moved and overcharged and died, then me switching would of made the othe universe collaspse killing off the other 2

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

You don't play as Town leader as Doc for exactly that reason. Also you don't want to get NKed. So there are two reasons not to be top poster as Doc. It paints a target on your back. I know this from experience. If I am ever the top poster I get lynched because I have a meta most people don't know how to read properly. I don't think there is anyone on this site who knows how to read me accurately. There are a few on other sites, but not here. Not yet at least.
    Ika might know how to read me a little, but I've played with him on other sites. Plus, ika has a ton of experience playing forum mafia, so he has seen a lot of different looks.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

31. ISO #181

7. William Bell Charges
    8. Kills (-1) (Vet, Vig, OverCharge, Mafia Faction Kill, Disguiser)
    9. Heals (+1)
    10. Jailor/Kidnapper executes
    11. Enhanced Citizen/Corrupt Citizen/William Bell Universe Switch (Even if dead)
    12. Transporter (Even if dead)
    13. Universe Collapse and Kill. (-23)

you would of moved and overcharged and died, then me switching would of made the othe universe collaspse killing off the other 2
    Okey, still I invest BEFORE I get charged so I wouldn't die.

And when the universe collapses the remaining players are sent to the other one, they don't die.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

32. ISO #182

People survive the collapsing, you'd just have been lynched in the other universe.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

33. ISO #183

VCA is easlily manpiulated. jsut group vote or be like yuo and have only one scum in the universe so they start making false associatives
    You are right. That's why its so hard to pull off.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

34. ISO #184

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I agree that Cryptonic forced his own confession. The fact that he was playing with additional information revealed him, but when he did claim it was the correct thing to do. What shouldn't have happened was you saying we should lynch him if he didn't die, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to lynch you.
    Yea well I wanted to share my information without sharing my information. But it was twisted from being just my way of thinking to me being scum and having extra knowledge lol

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

Here it is

Quote Originally Posted by OrpZed View Post
    Special Mechanics

-If A universe is left with two players in, or just the William Bell, the universe will collapse, sending the remaining players to the other universe. (unless one of them is William Bell, in which case the game ends)

-vote Sino

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

mod would badass still have died if we charged him

also do the people die in the universe or not. the OoO says it kills eveyone
    Charges can't kill the night they're given unless the charge triggers on a vigilante, mafia kill, or other kill. (per OoO)

Universe collapse doesn't kill everyone. This was in SJ's original version, but not in mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

39. ISO #189

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    We didn't play any different in those two games. Your reasons for your tunnel were the reasons we thought you were scum because they were terrible both times and you died without convincing anyone of your case or getting us lynched. Your WIFOM caused more confusion than it helped Town.
    It didn't cause any confusion at all. How does asking for a Doctor cause confusion?

They weren't terrible both times especially because one game I mislynched Town as scum, and the other game I tunneled on scum. That's good play both games.

And since you're critiquing my playstyle, let me offer your some advice back.

You did play different in the games. As Empathy, your arguments were weak and lacked logic, so it's easy to frame that that person as Scum.
    In this game, you didn't even try to help Town. You were overly defensive towards any questioning. Plus your ONE V ONE ME RIGHT NOW defense is just sad, especially since no actual pro-Town player would ever reduce a lynch to 2 people; especially when they have no evidence on the other person.

The only thing that saved you was ika taking over your account. He is impossible to have a conversation with because he twists all the arguments laid against a person. His defense is always just taking your argument against him, and he attempts to use it against you. Like trying to frame me as a hypocrite after I call you guys a hypocrite. Then no question is ever responded to. It's like arguing with a wall, and just becomes a waste of time.

If you continued playing that day and ika didn't take over for you, I would've pushed that lynch the entire day lol. Leaving my vote just became a waste of time.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

40. ISO #190

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It didn't cause any confusion at all. How does asking for a Doctor cause confusion?
    the vauge knowlage you kept hinting at was the confusion we are refering to

They weren't terrible both times especially because one game I mislynched Town as scum, and the other game I tunneled on scum. That's good play both games.
    both times you got screwed over though.

You did play different in the games. As Empathy, your arguments were weak and lacked logic, so it's easy to frame that that person as Scum.
    In this game, you didn't even try to help Town. You were overly defensive towards any questioning. Plus your ONE V ONE ME RIGHT NOW defense is just sad, especially since no actual pro-Town player would ever reduce a lynch to 2 people; especially when they have no evidence on the other person.
    Funny, i ddi the exact thing you are saying as town to begin with. she is defenseive regardless of her alignment and that if you pander her early shes gonna do that just like i do

The only thing that saved you was ika taking over your account. He is impossible to have a conversation with because he twists all the arguments laid against a person. His defense is always just taking your argument against him, and he attempts to use it against you. Like trying to frame me as a hypocrite after I call you guys a hypocrite. Then no question is ever responded to. It's like arguing with a wall, and just becomes a waste of time.
    Funny again, you wanted to arue smatics of hipcroticy and said it was scum you then did the same thing. what you are saying here is what you were doing yourself you knwo that rigth?

If you continued playing that day and ika didn't take over for you, I would've pushed that lynch the entire day lol. Leaving my vote just became a waste of time.
    Funny enough siverwolf was playing jsut as much as i was, when she was sick i was away. when i was posting she was there with me so saying that its jsut me is wrong to begin with

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

LOL, Yeah I've seen Town do the 1v1 play all the time. I've never seen scum risk their life like that with one bite on them. Neither defensiveness nor hypocrisy are scum tells. Town does it all the time. And a good townie pushes their lynch if they think they have scum. They don't back down because of a playstyle difference lie you had with ika. In the other game we correctly identified you and second passing as scum. The problem was we had a town leader leading mislynches on town.

Also, you tried to lynch deathworlds who was Town, scumread unknown who was obvious town, and pushed a lynch on town Quick. Also, as doc, you should never be the most vocal or active player. Not unless you want to be killed.

Finally, if you are gonna give feedback on play, I'd much prefer something construvtive that'll help me improve rather than a list of mistakes or chest pounding about how you would of gotten me if ika wasn't so terrible in your words. Insulting him seems to be a common theme here but he's an amazing person and a lot better player than given credit for.

43. ISO #193

the vauge knowlage you kept hinting at was the confusion we are refering to
    That's not WIFOM, though? The only WIFOM I did was asked for Doc.

both times you got screwed over though.
    If you say so. I mean, if you look @ post #1 it says I won.

44. ISO #194

that can't seriously be the way you look at things...
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

45. ISO #195

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Finally, if you are gonna give feedback on play, I'd much prefer something construvtive that'll help me improve rather than a list of mistakes or chest pounding[...]
    Just returning the favor.

46. ISO #196

Also, I still think that Doc claim was horrible. Nothing WC couldn't have done in a last will. That is why I was suspicious of it. WC should have had a lower profile as Doc, no doubts there.
    That's where we differ. My playstyle is to be loud, get my thoughts out, encourage discussion. It's more fun to participate in day chat then try to win the game by Night Actions. That shit is boring as fuck.
    If all of a sudden I am having a low profile, then that would single me out.
    Second of all, scum is expecting Protectives to keep a low profile, so it's misleading.
    Thirdly, I think confirming Unknown as non-Mafia, stopping a NK, and encouraging discussion is a lot better than staying quiet all game in HOPES that a second kill gets prevented.

I think your thinking on how a Doctor should be played is deeply flawed. A person should not lay low, all the rest of Town should step up to the higher level to give the Doctor the place to hide. Unknown, Sino, Firebringer did a good job in doing that, imo. They were active enough that I could hide among them.

If you're wondering why I claimed Doctor, it's because people had cast suspicion on me. With this type of suspicion, no one would bother listening to my opinions on things, and that would discourage me from talking; if I talk less after having people suspicious of me, then that makes me appear scummy. I appear scummy, I get voted. I claim Doctor. I get night killed.
    Yea, maybe I could've gone an extra day without claiming, but I already did my job.

47. ISO #197

That's not WIFOM, though? The only WIFOM I did was asked for Doc.

Being vague about the info can also be wifom cus you could of been lying

Also winning is not the point. I'm saying d2 you brought unnned attention. Furthermore scums should of just killed other universe

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200