User Tag List

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #701

Re: SC2 MAFIA 2.0 blinkstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why?
    You already know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

2. ISO #702

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The first parts make sense. From start to the end of 3rd point, I 100% agree.
    However, this is a logical fallacy. It's quite rare that mafia has one active, one inactive, and one back-up. Scum will usually try to control something. Be it control day chat, control attention by being all low activity or at least low spotlight, stuff like that. I am not saying that they are always all of the same "group", obviously, since that is ALSO a logical fallacy. You can't just ignore one's scumminess because of this kind of assumption.

Now, to the next paragraph. There is a big difference between Damus and Glip's plays. Damus is not coherent with his play, is overdefending himself, and his "experiment" seriously looks like something that was made up in a hurry to get himself out of a bad situation.
    On the other hand, Glip has been coherent with his reaction testing: he's keeping it, and has showed that he was getting reads out of it. Although he could do that as scum, I find it more likely to come from town.
    And if I keep your claimed point of view, entering the logical fallacy I have mentioned earlier, in which only one of them is scum... it makes very little sense to just say that since he's being scumread and not Glip, Damus is town and Glip is scum, because they are not doing the same thing. The mafia claiming is the only common point between them; the intent is completely different.

I however do agree with the last two paragraphs about Aamirus.
    While I haven’t quite decided if I think Damus is scum or not, I think he’s probably being honest about the “experiment.” Even though his attempts with it seem half assed.
    I do for the most part agree Glip could be scum, or at least not town. But personally I keep reading his posts as trolls because he keeps talking about voting Mike, which he is probably going for if he is scum.

3. ISO #703

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    In my last 2 games, Werewolf Ball especially, I put way too much effort in; it made me appear towny as fuck, but in the end I was wrong on all of my pushes and felt like shit in real life because I was distracted by the game at nearly all times, worried about reads, about flips, about what actions to take. I was literally playing while out to dinner with the family, during the holidays. I got too obsessed.

I'm taking a different approach this time so that the game doesn't consume my life so much, and I don't feel so bad when I turn out wrong. It's a personal mental issue I'm dealing with, but primarily, I'm just trying to have fun with the game.

As for why exactly I'm throwing off my meta, well, we'll see in how the rest of the game plays out. No need to throw all my cards on the table just yet.

Except for the part where I'm Godfather, Damus is Janitor, and Mike is consort who still needs to be lynched.

-vote Mike
    Good example of what I mean from my last post.
    Serious post......then fuck Mike. When I first read this I rolled my eyes and continued on, which I did with quite a few of his post.
    Last edited by LunaMayGraves; January 8th, 2019 at 12:56 AM.

4. ISO #704

Quote Originally Posted by LunaMayGraves View Post
    Serious post......then fuck Mike. When I first read this I rolled my eyes and continued on, which I did with quite a few of his post.
    Yo FYI u aren’t allowed to edit posts, even if it’s just a minor correction. For the sake of integrity, I guess.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #705

Confusion, and a perfect smoke screen for bussings. You gain nothing as town, you HURT town. As scum, you gain to having hurt town. It's literally as simple as that.
    That’s horseshit. The only actual way that this play hurts town is by drawing investigator checks and framer targets me. This isn’t confusing. This isn’t distracting. This isn’t inconsistent.

Also I’m very consistent thank you. I have said the same shit over and over. How is that inconsistent
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    What gains could you get as town? you still havnt said that yet said i ruined the chance to get stuff. what did you want from it?
    See below
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    @Damus_Graves

Again, still reading through so link me to the post if you've already answered this.

Early on, you said that your early scum claiming/scum posting was because you were trying to seem scummy so that you could later redeem yourself to the town and also effectively claimed that you were using WIFOM to justify your early play style as not actually scummy. In the scenario that you are town and this is at least somewhat true, what were you hoping to gain through this playstyle?

This is something that is better to answer now and not leaving until later.
    Here we go.
    I am hoping to gain enough scum reads that the mafia won’t attack me at night and I can then use my night action to its fullest potential.

@Damus_Graves ive asked twice as well, this is now the 3rd time - and re quoting it is the 4th. Speak! For if you were part of the plot that slain the Mighty Efekannn02 The Kind, Justice must be done upon thee.
    I don’t recall you ever asking this

Lololololololololololololol

6. ISO #706

7. ISO #707

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    That’s horseshit. The only actual way that this play hurts town is by drawing investigator checks and framer targets me. This isn’t confusing. This isn’t distracting. This isn’t inconsistent.

Also I’m very consistent thank you. I have said the same shit over and over. How is that inconsistent

See below

Here we go.
    I am hoping to gain enough scum reads that the mafia won’t attack me at night and I can then use my night action to its fullest potential.

So to clarify:
    It hurts town by uselessly drawing town attention to you and potentially wasting invests/jails/etc

It helps town by: you don’t die night one

Okay....
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

8. ISO #708

9. ISO #709

10. ISO #710

11. ISO #711

12. ISO #712

While I haven’t quite decided if I think Damus is scum or not, I think he’s probably being honest about the “experiment.” Even though his attempts with it seem half assed.
    I do for the most part agree Glip could be scum, or at least not town. But personally I keep reading his posts as trolls because he keeps talking about voting Mike, which he is probably going for if he is scum.
    About your thoughts on Damus:

About your thoughts on Glip: How can you agree with me, then say the exact opposite of what I've said? .................. +scumpoints
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #713

14. ISO #714

15. ISO #715

16. ISO #716

I mean, it's his trolly "delenda Carthago" this game... do you consider it as a scumtell by itself (given that he still contributes)?

Side note: THOU SHALT NOT EDIT THY POSTS, OR THE WRATH OF THY GOD AND LORD FACE THOU WILL.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

17. ISO #717

18. ISO #718

See below

Here we go.

No, it literally is distracting, if you're town, to draw scumreads on you. It's literally the meaning of distracting. So that is horseshit. If you are town, your play hurts town because while we're discussing your bullshit, we're not finding actual scums. And this is obvious. You're not even acknowledging it; therefore I believe you to be very, very, very likely to be scum.

19. ISO #719

No, it literally is distracting, if you're town, to draw scumreads on you. It's literally the meaning of distracting. So that is horseshit. If you are town, your play hurts town because while we're discussing your bullshit, we're not finding actual scums. And this is obvious. You're not even acknowledging it; therefore I believe you to be very, very, very likely to be scum.
    How am I not acknowledging it?
    Also I disagree.
    I am such a big event in this game that most everyone has to respond to it.
    You can use those responses and scumhunt based on that. Shit I did that.
    It’s why I’m town reading you distorted and unknown.
    It’s why I’m scum reading Luna and why I am scum reading mike

20. ISO #720

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    So to clarify:
    It hurts town by uselessly drawing town attention to you and potentially wasting invests/jails/etc

It helps town by: you don’t die night one

Okay....
    Yep. Best way to survive N1: HELP SCUM

21. ISO #721

Just because the initial play is not the most effluent it can be doesn’t mean that it’s gargabe and doesn’t mean that I have to be scum because of it.

There is more than one way to play the game.

This is like part of the way that Slaol plays the game. I’m channeling slaol as a last respect since the fucker is quitting mafia

22. ISO #722

Meh. Shit happens bro.
    Not every play has to be a good one.
    ... so you're defending your play although you know it's bad?? AAAAAAAAAAA

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

25. ISO #725

26. ISO #726

27. ISO #727

I’m
    Shocked you aren’t TPR hunting
    ??? Shocked I don't do the worst thing ever to do right now? Uhm....
    By keeping busy in the bedroom

Whoaoaoaoaoaoaooaoaoaoaowoowowowowowowowwowowhahah ah
    which kind of answer did you expect aamirus XD
    She didn’t know. We can let it slide this time hm?
    Someone has to say it, though. Preferably in a Eleventh Commandement manner.
    How am I not acknowledging it?
    Also I disagree.
    I am such a big event in this game that most everyone has to respond to it.
    You can use those responses and scumhunt based on that. Shit I did that.
    It’s why I’m town reading you distorted and unknown.
    It’s why I’m scum reading Luna and why I am scum reading mike
    You can use everything, though. Instead of acting scummy on purpose because experiments, you could just scum hunt, and give a fake scumread on someone. This wouldn't distract anyone but scums, and you can reveal that it's a bait. But right now, you're trying to make us buy that your entire play is a bait? Your very being???? ......
    Just because the initial play is not the most effluent it can be doesn’t mean that it’s gargabe and doesn’t mean that I have to be scum because of it.

There is more than one way to play the game.

This is like part of the way that Slaol plays the game. I’m channeling slaol as a last respect since the fucker is quitting mafia
    Just because there are multiple ways to play the game, doesn't mean all are good... you've been admitting that you know your play isn't good from a town PoV, yet defend it. I don't think I need to go further for you to understand the conclusion.

28. ISO #728

29. ISO #729

Lol ok. I’m totally helping scum

Overreaction much? It’s day one.

Can you not be prehistoric caveman for a day?
    But it's what you said.... I'm going to stop tunneling on you, because you sadly cannot be the entire scum team. I think the case against you is good enough lol.

30. ISO #730

Alright Marshall. Move on and focus on something else.
    You are hurting your brain cells and you aren’t helping town by continuing to focus on this.

I need you to not help scum please thanks
    asfasgfasfasfas you're making me want to re-tunnel on you lol. I'll get off for the night, and push other people tomorrow. My vote stays there, however.

31. ISO #731

32. ISO #732

So as I eluded to earlier, I likely be able to put in as much time as I would like for day 1. However, I will still give some thoughts and I'll also be on again before the end of the day.

1) While there are more citizens then usual (more then 0) compared to games on the mod and the setup seems somewhat anti-town, town is still going to have a massive amount of PRs during the night phase. As such, I am perfectly if no one is lynched today and waiting to see what the night reveals, even though I am also not against potentially lynching.

2) For the Damus train: After reading through the thread, I have come to the conclusion that unless Damus is doing some type of gambit as a town player, he has been utterly useless up to this point. While he is using WIFOM as a defense for his actions not making him scum, all he has done is put most of the games focus on himself and done effectively nothing in an effort to scumhunt. The issue though does come back to the WIFOM defense. While Damus has been useless from a pro-town perspective, there isn't any clear motive for scum to play as Damus has been playing. Sure, he's potentially protected other people from falling into the hotseat, but he is drawing lots of negative attention to himself, so it doesn't seem to be at all beneficial unless it's a scum gambit. As such, Damus isn't currently my top lynch choice, even though I think that if he is town, his play so far has been abysmal.

3) Glip is an interesting case...

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    In my last 2 games, Werewolf Ball especially, I put way too much effort in; it made me appear towny as fuck, but in the end I was wrong on all of my pushes and felt like shit in real life because I was distracted by the game at nearly all times, worried about reads, about flips, about what actions to take. I was literally playing while out to dinner with the family, during the holidays. I got too obsessed.

I'm taking a different approach this time so that the game doesn't consume my life so much, and I don't feel so bad when I turn out wrong. It's a personal mental issue I'm dealing with, but primarily, I'm just trying to have fun with the game.

As for why exactly I'm throwing off my meta, well, we'll see in how the rest of the game plays out. No need to throw all my cards on the table just yet.
    This is a nasty trick no matter how you look at it, because it's essentially attempting to use pity as a tool for lenience. This isn't something that can be refuted out right, since I can't be certain that Glip isn't telling the truth here and that the last FM did in fact have a negative effect on him. Having said that, the tldr of this response is essentially "Appearing pro-town is too much effort, so if I don't appear as pro-town this game, that is why". The reason why I am going to doubt this is that it is extremely clear that you are still putting a significant amount of effort into this game thread. The main difference I am questioning is your change in persona. The way that you played in previous FMs matched your personality far more closely then how you are playing now. As such, I don't see your persona change as a decrease in effort.

I'm not going to give a free pass here. The scum motive for this type of trick is obvious. Also, can anyone read this and tell me that this seems at all like jester play?

-vote Glip

4) @AIVION I can't go that hard in terms of activity police since I'm likely going to be the lowest poster at the end of the day. However, effectively none of your posts up to this point have had any substance. Luna also hasn't done much contributing, but I'll go right ahead and say that I'll give her a free pass for day 1 since this is her first time playing mafia. What thoughts do you have up to this point? I'll also extend the question to Luna.

33. ISO #733

@LunaMayGraves you are not allowed to edit any posts. Even if you have typos they must stay as is ! This your only warning and its a warning because your new. =) Anyone else does it pew pew modkill inc.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

34. ISO #734

So as I eluded to earlier, I likely be able to put in as much time as I would like for day 1. However, I will still give some thoughts and I'll also be on again before the end of the day.

1) While there are more citizens then usual (more then 0) compared to games on the mod and the setup seems somewhat anti-town, town is still going to have a massive amount of PRs during the night phase. As such, I am perfectly if no one is lynched today and waiting to see what the night reveals, even though I am also not against potentially lynching.

2) For the Damus train: After reading through the thread, I have come to the conclusion that unless Damus is doing some type of gambit as a town player, he has been utterly useless up to this point. While he is using WIFOM as a defense for his actions not making him scum, all he has done is put most of the games focus on himself and done effectively nothing in an effort to scumhunt. The issue though does come back to the WIFOM defense. While Damus has been useless from a pro-town perspective, there isn't any clear motive for scum to play as Damus has been playing. Sure, he's potentially protected other people from falling into the hotseat, but he is drawing lots of negative attention to himself, so it doesn't seem to be at all beneficial unless it's a scum gambit. As such, Damus isn't currently my top lynch choice, even though I think that if he is town, his play so far has been abysmal.

This is a nasty trick no matter how you look at it, because it's essentially attempting to use pity as a tool for lenience. This isn't something that can be refuted out right, since I can't be certain that Glip isn't telling the truth here and that the last FM did in fact have a negative effect on him. Having said that, the tldr of this response is essentially "Appearing pro-town is too much effort, so if I don't appear as pro-town this game, that is why". The reason why I am going to doubt this is that it is extremely clear that you are still putting a significant amount of effort into this game thread. The main difference I am questioning is your change in persona. The way that you played in previous FMs matched your personality far more closely then how you are playing now. As such, I don't see your persona change as a decrease in effort.

I'm not going to give a free pass here. The scum motive for this type of trick is obvious. Also, can anyone read this and tell me that this seems at all like jester play?

-vote Glip

4) @AIVION I can't go that hard in terms of activity police since I'm likely going to be the lowest poster at the end of the day. However, effectively none of your posts up to this point have had any substance. Luna also hasn't done much contributing, but I'll go right ahead and say that I'll give her a free pass for day 1 since this is her first time playing mafia. What thoughts do you have up to this point? I'll also extend the question to Luna.
    Yea, Sorry. There's a few reasons why I am inactive, and i'm starting to realize that the biggest reason why is pretty stupid, I'll explain why in my next post here and my thoughts on the whole Damus situation.

Stand by.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

35. ISO #735

I'll start with my thoughts on the Damus Situation:

there's two sides to this coin:

First side: Damus is trying something new and wanted to see how it goes. This is the perfect game to mix things up, and garner reactions and reads from it. I'm starting to think Damus got where he wanted to go with his charade and is now just reaping the benefits from it. I'm excited to see how Day 2 goes.

Second side: Damus is actually scum and pulling a double narrative. He WANTED all this attention and his whole Scum wouldn't want to do this and be put in the spotlight so damn hard Could be a reverse psychology (Or maybe Wifom layers or whatever it is that means still sorta new to that terminology bear with me). I know this would put Investigatives on him, but a role like the Godfather could easily get away with this in hindsight as they are immune to investigative checks.

What side do I THINK it is? I actually wanna lean on the first side, as I remember during Turnabout Damus and I talking about Meta changing and mixing things up and one of the first things he said was if you attempt this prepare to be lynched every time. Damus came into this game with that in mind, and I feel like he (or any sane individual) wouldn't do this as scum. That's just me, I could be wrong I could be right. I don't know yet. I DO know that, with how things are, his flip would more than likely give us the most information at this time from all the attention it's gotten him.

NOW onto my inactivity:

I am partially inactive because real life, other reasons, AND my role. Now, I can't help the first two things there as real life is more important than a simple FM game. The third part, however, I'm starting to doubt. I will say that I am a very important TPR, and I DO PLAN on claiming Day 2 moving forward as that is what I would do with this role in the mod and IDGAF as to if it's honestly the proper move. Now, I won't claim to be fully caught up with this chat at the moment of typing this... but I will say that I have a decent read on everyone and I will be sharing all of this Day 2 (IF I LIVE. But hoping that by saying I am a important TPR I will have some sort of protection on me. Or not, but you don't know that scum :P)

I haven't rolled a TPR role in eons, and the last time I did was, ironically, either the first or second FM I've ever played (And I actually rolled something similar there too, which is interesting. Fate? I dunno maybe lol). So I figured, aside from real life reasons, playing careful and not being too active would give me protection from the mafia kill. But eh, fuck that. I decided this is probably the better move. Maybe it is? Maybe it isn't. I dunno.

So yea, there ya go.

PS. If I get roleblocked tonight, it is more than likely a Consort, so hopefully a Lookout would be on me if that happens! If one exists, Ofc. Lol.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

36. ISO #736

Here is shocking news for you.

I don’t have to play the 100% best way every time. I’m ALLOWED to fuck around a bit.
    This comment basically reinforces the first side of the coin theory of mine.

In essence, ofc.

37. ISO #737

And with that it is super early in the morning, and I want to go back to sleep lol. I will try to be on and get caught up, but I plan on doing a lot of things today IRL so yea... I will be here EoD, I do plan on that.

Ta ta for now peeps!~

38. ISO #738

gnight. just innocent everyone =P
    i would much rather it be jury duty

I’m
    Shocked you aren’t TPR hunting
    sis don't u get it, most of town is tpr...
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

39. ISO #739

-vote Glip

The results won't be truly admissible until day two. I completely understand the viewpoint that you are calling me useless in. Considering that I have not gone into any details as to why I am scum reading the people that I have slotted into my scum reads. I haven't explained how I am reading the town players as town. And the gambit itself has only gotten me negative attention. I'm perfectly ok with this as so long as it does not evolve into a demand on lynching me.

However this start would be in the realm of power wolfing and power wolfing requires the full commitment of the scum team. I do not believe that scum had a chance to coordinate such a play. Additionally this play is only capable of being done by the godfather and there are many other roles aside from the investigative roles. That makes the play poorly beneficial for scum to pull off.
    Especially if, assuming we are playing like the mod plays out, the gf is the person who goes out and kills.

From the gambit I have these reads:

Distorted: he is currently my strongest town read. He had been out in the limelight as hard as I have been and he has very clearly been attempting to piece together who any possible partners he suspect me to have.

Marshall: another town read I have. He had been attempting to figure out what possible benefit my play would have for town and he has genuine frustration between our discussions back and forth.

Auckmid: another town lean based around the analysis presented concerning glip and further supported by the callout out on AIVION and Luna that demands additional content.

Glip has been playing second fiddle behind my play and staying active enough to not be considered s lurker. But the content of his posts are clearly intent to be middle ground and then there is the hyper focus on Mike which isn't supported from anything glip said.

Mike: scum based in the way that he is suggesting that no one is a threat to him and that he is keeping himself out of the game. I hate trying to read Mike but I don't want to make the mistake of just town slotting Mike and moving on.

40. ISO #740

Going to try to catch up with my posts now. It's early in the morning so i'll most likely crash after, but I will respond when I wake up afterwards.

Just out of glancing at the posts within the last 3 pages, but Distorted's reads seem very far off what I would expect from him. I don't read it as scum right now, but he's giving off a really obvious Executioner vibe.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

41. ISO #741

Damus did not put himself into the spotlight. I did. he has constantly tried to get OUT of the spotlight by quick means, such as (this was an experiment, w/e move on) mentality, then blamed me for this "blowing up". he was never putting himself in the spotlight. he just tried to make an excuse for a scum mindset and got called out.

as for your list, i agree with most. Glip im thinking is neutral evil trying really hard to not get targeted by the Mafia. hence why im not concerned about him. im pretty sure between damus and glip both will be dead by D2 though since there is a town killing as well.

Naz, i wonder why u have a full green townread on. she avoided my questions >=O then came in to say i wasnt making sense, but wont give a follow up. passive discredit and dip >=O >=O

Aamirus, honestly my thoughts are lining up with hers lol the last game we were both town our reads were pretty much identical (illuminati) and i got paranoid of a 'shadow-buddying' kind of style there and ended up being a part of a mislynch on her over it. so when my thoughts line up i am going to trust it this time with aamirus.

Yagami is town read, MM is 70/30 for townread for me right now.
    Scvmurderer im leaving alone for now, CHOO CHOO though.
    Gyrlander.....gdi Gyrlander.
    Auckmid wants to make me watch Jeff Dunham
    Aivion, I expect more activity or a scumread will start happening there. From what I remember Aivion is one of the more active players. so reads lists/contribution is expected from town Aivion.
    Mike, need to feel out this slot more. fucker scares me. WHICH btw, I need to fulfill a bet..... almost forgot about that xD
    Except, Damus DID put himself out in the open by claiming mafia in the first place. Just because he tried to retract the position he put himself in, does not mean that the intention wasn't there otherwise. If anything, I would think that makes him less scummy, as I'd expect scum to try and be more consistent as to not stand out even more.

As you posted another reads list later and I haven't responded, I will focus my comments more there. However, it really feels like the only read that you put any thought into is the Damus one.

Not to mention you practically buddied aamirus by attempting to connect with her from a previous game. Whether that is a genuine feeling or if you're just trying to appeal to her I haven't decided yet.

42. ISO #742

While questioning why I would call those reads weak, you point out exactly why they are weak! Those were just comments on who could be his scumteam. Also, it seems I’ve read the game much differently than you. I don’t consider any of those mafia claims as actually seriously desiring attention. They were just standard D1 jokes. The reason Damus is scummy is because of how flustered, inconsistent, and nonsensical he seemed to get under pressure (NOT HIS JOKE ROLECLAIM), which doesn’t seem like a standard reaction from someone like him. I don’t personally consider anything else that has been said by anybody so far as particularly revealing of anything and it always surprises me that you people seem so sure that it’s all important.

In a setup like this where everyone is very familiar with the roles and potential strategies... there’s really not much of anything to say on D1. People will say “oh scumhunt scumhunt!”.... but really right now I don’t see a reason for scums to give anything away unless they’re trying to defend their teammates. Hence why I’ve mostly just been looking at who defends who, as opposed to your interesting strategy to try and stereotype everybody and somehow combine that with host meta and get a scum..

From my perspective, the day one lynch is just random chance if it ends up being a mafia or town and you really pick the lynch based on what the flip will say about everyone else. Damus has had multiple people defending and attacking him so honestly his flip is probably gonna be about as good as it gets. Sorry to conform to my tunneling personality but eh/meh... what do you seriously hope to accomplish by voting Glip?
    Maybe this is why our views on his play are why we have different views on how he's acting. Damus doesn't come across as scum to me BECAUSE he didn't have a fixed plan behind his claim of being Janitor. I would have expected scum to react a lot more differently if they were planning on claiming mafia, as backing off of the original claims almost makes it stand out more (which it did). I think you're too focused on the flustered part, because to say that town doesn't get flustered upon having multiple votes is a stretch.

Unless I am reading this correctly, it almost sounds like you just said you thought he was town, by saying they have nothing to give away. Not sure what you mean by this otherwise.

Like I mentioned earlier, the most active voices will always lead the lynches. The ones who repeatedly spam their opinion and attempt to make everyone vote with them will simply have more influenced based on the fact that they are easy to follow into. While I agree with you in some ways about how an informational lynch can be optimal, I don't see any additional information being gained if Damus flips town (which at the moment I am leaning towards happening). That being said, the reason I would rather lynch Glip is because of the way people have interacted with him/ the behaviour around his claim. Everyone in the town (other than Auckmid) has said that Glip is either jester or neutral evil, and we have yet to see Glip pull back on their claim. I wouldn't expect a Jester to act so obvious on the first day, as the point that nobody would lynch them is starting to become very clear right now. As for the neutral evil aspect, I would be happy if we lynched a neutral evil over a potential town, if that is how things played out today.

Even if it doesn't mean lynching Glip, I think the lack of pressure if off putting. I would like to see more surrounding Glip in the future.

43. ISO #743

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Why Am I Only Half Green?
    You haven't earned the full townie spot.

44. ISO #744

The first parts make sense. From start to the end of 3rd point, I 100% agree.
    However, this is a logical fallacy. It's quite rare that mafia has one active, one inactive, and one back-up. Scum will usually try to control something. Be it control day chat, control attention by being all low activity or at least low spotlight, stuff like that. I am not saying that they are always all of the same "group", obviously, since that is ALSO a logical fallacy. You can't just ignore one's scumminess because of this kind of assumption.

Now, to the next paragraph. There is a big difference between Damus and Glip's plays. Damus is not coherent with his play, is overdefending himself, and his "experiment" seriously looks like something that was made up in a hurry to get himself out of a bad situation.
    On the other hand, Glip has been coherent with his reaction testing: he's keeping it, and has showed that he was getting reads out of it. Although he could do that as scum, I find it more likely to come from town.

And if I keep your claimed point of view, entering the logical fallacy I have mentioned earlier, in which only one of them is scum... it makes very little sense to just say that since he's being scumread and not Glip, Damus is town and Glip is scum, because they are not doing the same thing. The mafia claiming is the only common point between them; the intent is completely different.

I however do agree with the last two paragraphs about Aamirus.
    I'd argue that this is based on the fact that Damus has received pressure vs the lack of pressure given to Glip. If you really see this as a non-issue, than maybe I should be wondering why people aren't even looking in the direction of Glip.

45. ISO #745

46. ISO #746

Don't want to clutter thread, so going to respond to three posts at once.

1.) Mike, I think your argument towards MM and naz being scum is quite stretched. Relying on a potential scum-slip, and the fact that he questioned one of my leads is not enough reason to lynch. As a counter, my read on naz was completely fake, and I wanted to see if anyone would comment on it. The way that he did suggests that he's actually paying attention to the game, and may be more town than you'd think if he is questioning weird reads. (I realize Distorted did it as well, but the way he did it showed lack of interest, which continues my belief that he may be Executioner.

2.) Despite the fact that I don't see enough evidence pointing to a MM/naz scum-team, I want to make note of their defense towards themselves. MM, by saying that "if I was scum, I would be doing something else" immediately makes that point invalid. I think it's more suspicious that you try to make direct differences from your town play and your scum play, because if someone knows how they play as one role than they will know how to not play that way.

3.) Naz's argument about bussing does not make sense. You could accuse your scum teammate all game, or just one day. Doesn't change how the element still stands out to people. I am questioning the way they both reacted about the accusation.

47. ISO #747

Distorted Can be town, Mafia,or Nuet. This guy plays Pro town. Any role. Hard to read. I’d Distorted is scum Damus is his scum buddy. No Doubt.

Damus_Graves Can be town, Mafia,or Nuet. More leaning to Town. If Damus is scum Distorted is his scum buddy. No Doubt.

Gyrlander. Town lean

Ganelon aka Auckmid Nul read at this time.

Glip well I think his votes on me is so he can vent and let lose some steam from last game. I am not reading that as scum. I am reading more of a nuet role from him. Like NB role.

naz Nul read but she was wanting to point out how her vote is on MM when I suggested MM scum siloed she was his scum buddie. Scum Lean

Marshmallow Marshall. Well MM town MM tends to be more of a laid back let me see what’s going on. Where the scum MM is the more aggressive chaotic type. And the latter is what MM has been this game. He is Definitely not Town I will lock that in now. MM feels like he has to much info so I am ruleing out Neut. I also feel he has scum sliped about him and Naz being scum buddies. I have a Strong scum read on MM.

Scvmurderer amnesiac I believe him on this. Will he take a town role the way I am reading him this game. I will bet he will be waiting for a scum flip to remember.

Arsonist null read at this time

Unknown1234 lock town for me. I am not going to give any reads on him. Less scum know the better.

Light_Yagami don’t know. He felt at few first posts not townie. MM normally can read Light very will. The fact MM is not getting townie vibs make me town lean on Light.

LunaMayGraves I have no clue at this time Nul read.

aamirus can’t put my finger on it but not getting townie vibs. Scum or nuet lean

AIVION no clue at this time. Nul read

Mike well lock town here duhh. TPR role.
    @Mike just above, you said that Glip was apart of your scum team. Yet in this post, you suggest that they may be neutral. Where do your reads lie?

ROFLOL this following the We need you.

Makes me feel like you are saying you an Naz are scum team.

-vote Marshmallow Marshall

You give me your scum vibe.

My scum team read at this time is

MM
    Naz (only because of MM)
    Glip

I think the Distorted V Dumas is TvT.

48. ISO #748

Scum: Damus, Arsonist, Naz

Neutral Evil Glip

Neutral Benign SCVMurderer

Neutral Any Gyrlander

Town Everyone else.

oh just realized there is a neutral any also... umm hmmmm hrmaermsflaksdf les go with some host meta.

Mike or Gyrlander, leaning gyrlander since he said "i choose not to read anything up until this". I think thats a hint that he cant gamethrow or w/e.
    This reads list REALLY stands out to me as anti-town.

The only reason Arsonist is scum is because he said Damus was Jester. Yet, when I brought up the fact that Mike said Glip was jester, there was no reaction out of it.

This comes across as either scum trying to take off someone with a potentially threatening role/play early, so simply trying to get an Executioner lynch off.

49. ISO #749

Marking AIVION as town based on his last town. I won't dive into that right now.

50. ISO #750

I am out for now to sleep, will be back in a few.