Register

User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #451

2. ISO #452

3. ISO #453

Re: S-FM 226: Which Witch is Which

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gauss View Post
    Your assessment is correct. Apart from SP, I probably do struggle to understand you the most on this site. It's ironic because both of you have such unique mental processes that I can recognize your posts immediately, even if you sort out the spelling stuff. I just can't actually grasp them LOL.
    and this is why i miss my ***** with SW. ive always said i am a terrible explainer (ironic that im working a retail job as a supervisory position.)

also you are correct on sinos game but that game i went out of my way to show that peopel are given bys based on who they are and not what they do. SW suffered becasue fot hat game becasue it then had to sit there and watch it unfold even though she did solve it come the end :P

4. ISO #454

5. ISO #455

6. ISO #456

NGL, I'd prefer these games if they were like 25% chatting. Like, actual conversations though rather than trolling/memes/shitposting though lol.
    It's difficult to chat with someone then pull a Calix and go into interrogation-mode in the same game though >.<

7. ISO #457

8. ISO #458

9. ISO #459

Quote Originally Posted by ccantman View Post
    Not that we should rely on it, but we have a 33% shot of not being in lynch lose situation if the witch killing role is the Pyromancer. (note targets dont know they are marked, so if killing chooses to pass N1, it does not indicate they have a pyro)

That being said, we should also be aware we might be in a LyLO situation if we lynch wrong, and they have a Grandmaster who hits a cit and both TPR's target the same target. (though this seems low, though may change based on SB's answer to my question)

Only if they have the Rational Arcanist as their killing do we get into a LyLo with a mislynch.

This also doesn't factor into our own power roles stopping any witch actions.

@Stealthbomber16 can the Misdirection Witch make a cit visit someone?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #460

Its the current Wifim gane going on. ika rolled lookout i rolled jester
    Please do not reference ongoing games anywhere other than the game!

11. ISO #461

Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I am here. I just finished reading through everything I missed. I was running my own game yesterday and completely forgot this one was starting ^_^;
    Please do not edit posts in forum mafia! This serves as a net warning to everyone!

12. ISO #462

13. ISO #463

14. ISO #464

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trudeau View Post
    oh and trine you said you were back and all caught up, but then later today you said you were only going off of what was being discussed while you were here. So to me, it seems you never took the time to go back and read the thread in its entirety.
    This doesn't really seem suspicious to me, neither does appearing present on the thread past when they claimed to say they had to leave (I've left browsers open, too). I especially don't see these minute little tendrils of clues as more suspicious than other behavior that is excused out of hand (ahem, like stereo's). I don't mean to hound stereo, really, but no one seems to even be acknowledging or considering it. And, to boot, you called me suspicious in part for a low post count (admittedly, it was a minor point), but, even still, stereo's is lower. Would really like to hear from @Whad and @Stereo .
    If you break my heart, I'll get you back in spades!

15. ISO #465

16. ISO #466

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    This doesn't really seem suspicious to me, neither does appearing present on the thread past when they claimed to say they had to leave (I've left browsers open, too). I especially don't see these minute little tendrils of clues as more suspicious than other behavior that is excused out of hand (ahem, like stereo's). I don't mean to hound stereo, really, but no one seems to even be acknowledging or considering it. And, to boot, you called me suspicious in part for a low post count (admittedly, it was a minor point), but, even still, stereo's is lower. Would really like to hear from @Whad and @Stereo .
    Verify whether you're TPR pls. If you're TPR and you don't confirm, it could fuck town over tomorrow.

17. ISO #467

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Ummmm except neither of them are in the 6 cit claim pool where only 2 citizens are possible.

18. ISO #468

I don't understand how you like off topic talk, but have issues with troll posts.

how exactly are these different?
    trolling is when you post that does nothing to further the game or has no agenda behind it other then to inflate post counts, you can go look at gyrs games for stuff like that.

---

off topic posting still sevrves a means of it becasue you are interacting with the player. many times i will go off topic with someone and still have game related talk that pertains to it.

like yzbs post while could be considered off-topic, still were related to mafia in general and could lead to a better understanding of how one plays and in turn can lead to town/scum reads

19. ISO #469

20. ISO #470

21. ISO #471

Verify whether you're TPR pls. If you're TPR and you don't confirm, it could fuck town over tomorrow.
    I dont like this, because for arguments sake...if you and trine are scum, then getting everyone who is citizen to confirm they're citi, you are smoking out whad and stereo as 100% confirmed town.

If you get one of the citi claims then you know whad/stereo are probably the last tpr.

ugh.

22. ISO #472

23. ISO #473

24. ISO #474

25. ISO #475

I dont like this, because for arguments sake...if you and trine are scum, then getting everyone who is citizen to confirm they're citi, you are smoking out whad and stereo as 100% confirmed town.

If you get one of the citi claims then you know whad/stereo are probably the last tpr.

ugh.
    Bro, if both scums were in the citi bracket they would already know that the other two towns are almost certainly TPR. This is hardly giving them info.

26. ISO #476

27. ISO #477

28. ISO #478

29. ISO #479

30. ISO #480

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    trolling is when you post that does nothing to further the game or has no agenda behind it other then to inflate post counts, you can go look at gyrs games for stuff like that.

---

off topic posting still sevrves a means of it becasue you are interacting with the player. many times i will go off topic with someone and still have game related talk that pertains to it.

like yzbs post while could be considered off-topic, still were related to mafia in general and could lead to a better understanding of how one plays and in turn can lead to town/scum reads
    And you could argue that I was interacting with Wahd and GET. While my vote didn't do anything game related. the words I used definitely were based on things both of them said (interaction). and posting Early to show I'm in the game and acknowledge to the players I know it started. Things I would argue show merit given that we had issues that Trine didn't post for 40 hours.

And have as much usefullness in the game than off-topic chat midway through Day 1.

Now if i started to go o na rant about tin foil hats, for no reason right now. then that would be inflating post count

31. ISO #481

I'm back briefly, just catching up on what I missed. I have a class in session but they're doing an activity at the moment. Nice to see ika is jumping on the obvious bandwagon. After all I said to try and give him the benefit of the doubt. Considering how cordial he suddenly is with GET it's enough to make me wonder if their antagonistic behavior up til now was meant to make at least one of them look town. I doubt they're partners, those posts seemed a little too heated at one point to seem fake, but even so. Worth considering to me.

32. ISO #482

33. ISO #483

Bro, if both scums were in the citi bracket they would already know that the other two towns are almost certainly TPR. This is hardly giving them info.
    not true, there's 6 claims

two could be scum
    two could be tpr
    two could be citizen

by asking to confirm citizen, you are effectively confirming two slots 100%. There could be 1 tpr and 1 not tpr in the slot.

You are either scum or tpr trying to bait someone into a cc because the goal is to get a lynch off today.

Tprs should not reveal. Honestly, everyone should just claim citizen at this point.

Even if we mislynch a citizen today, we can get back tomorrow by looking at interactions.

34. ISO #484

35. ISO #485

he said yesterday he wouldn't be around today.
    Oh, I see :( Well, are you going to continue with your conspiracy about us claiming TPR last to bla bla bla or not? I was starting to like getting scumread, you know. Being widely townread is not fun. Even if yzb disagrees with me >:(

36. ISO #486

I'm back briefly, just catching up on what I missed. I have a class in session but they're doing an activity at the moment. Nice to see ika is jumping on the obvious bandwagon. After all I said to try and give him the benefit of the doubt. Considering how cordial he suddenly is with GET it's enough to make me wonder if their antagonistic behavior up til now was meant to make at least one of them look town. I doubt they're partners, those posts seemed a little too heated at one point to seem fake, but even so. Worth considering to me.
    we're scum mates, but we still knew how to count and knew to stick to our story when we claimed citizen. EZ lynch bro.

No but seriously, us and ika voting the same target should indicate we're on to something.

37. ISO #487

not true, there's 6 claims

two could be scum
    two could be tpr
    two could be citizen

by asking to confirm citizen, you are effectively confirming two slots 100%. There could be 1 tpr and 1 not tpr in the slot.

You are either scum or tpr trying to bait someone into a cc because the goal is to get a lynch off today.

Tprs should not reveal. Honestly, everyone should just claim citizen at this point.

Even if we mislynch a citizen today, we can get back tomorrow by looking at interactions.
    That is why I said "almost certainly". The chances of more than 2 of the cit claims being true are ridiculously slim.

38. ISO #488

39. ISO #489

40. ISO #490

Oh, I see Well, are you going to continue with your conspiracy about us claiming TPR last to bla bla bla or not? I was starting to like getting scumread, you know. Being widely townread is not fun. Even if yzb disagrees with me >
    just vote trine if you're town.

Otherwise, other than whad what are your reads?

We're not lynching whad.

41. ISO #491

And you could argue that I was interacting with Wahd and GET. While my vote didn't do anything game related. the words I used definitely were based on things both of them said (interaction). and posting Early to show I'm in the game and acknowledge to the players I know it started. Things I would argue show merit given that we had issues that Trine didn't post for 40 hours.

And have as much usefullness in the game than off-topic chat midway through Day 1.

Now if i started to go o na rant about tin foil hats, for no reason right now. then that would be inflating post count
    unless you go and quote and explain i dont see what your getting at and i dont care to get into a sematical argument about something this small. if you want ot talk about something like this (thats gonna have no vaule at the end during the game) save it for post game becasue this does nothing to help me.

42. ISO #492

we're scum mates, but we still knew how to count and knew to stick to our story when we claimed citizen. EZ lynch bro.

No but seriously, us and ika voting the same target should indicate we're on to something.
    Yeah and if you weren't voting me I might believe it. I never claimed TPR. You misunderstood something I said and I explained what I meant, but if you suspect me of course you're going to assume that I'm just 'covering my tracks'.

43. ISO #493

he said yesterday he wouldn't be around today.
    So with we basically need every active player to vote on the same person today.
    8 people, the person to lynch won't vote for said person, and Whad will be afk to vote, which leaved 6 to get 5 votes.

If we hit scum, their partner in theory doesn't hammer then in, so basically we need all 5 town on that person (unless whad is scum)
    While if we hit town, scum can hammer quite easily.

Day 1 will probably not end favorable

44. ISO #494

just vote trine if you're town.

Otherwise, other than whad what are your reads?

We're not lynching whad.
    Trine is a trash train. The supposed "slip" is just a misunderstanding. At worst he's null, and if you're nitpicking you can say the readwall was repeating the views of others for filler. I'd much rather try everything I fucking can to get the scummiest person lynched rather than "omg he didn't open his notifications scum of the year"-Trine.

What if Trine flips town, and Sinon is like tomorrow "lol I was TPR all along"? I'd have to hope that my day 1 scumread was right all along and try to fight the majority of town who probably want Sinon lynched instead.

And again, I might have been wrong about Whad in the first place. In which case, I want to get that out of the way TODAY.

If I can get Sinon to bloody lock in his citi claim half my problems are solved in a goddamn instant. I can get on the Trine train comfortable that he's the weakest link from the choices I have and be done with it. If he says "no I'm TPR" then I can tunnel the fuck out of Whad.

45. ISO #495

unless you go and quote and explain i dont see what your getting at and i dont care to get into a sematical argument about something this small. if you want ot talk about something like this (thats gonna have no vaule at the end during the game) save it for post game becasue this does nothing to help me.
    ccant is just trolling the thread with the stealth vote and does nothing to push the game foward
    i prefer off topic talk in games. its what helps games if anything to have these moemnts

MY argument is that Off -topic talk does not help push the game foward, and yet this was your reason for voting me

You then claim
    My point is that the trolling in the opening 5 posts was interaction with the players

So if my trolling is interaction but not town pushing, then your act of like off-topic chat that also doesn't push town (as by definition of being off-topic; is unrelated to the game) and so if your going to say thats why I'm scum, your being hypicrital in your argument

46. ISO #496

47. ISO #497

48. ISO #498

Trine is a trash train. The supposed "slip" is just a misunderstanding. At worst he's null, and if you're nitpicking you can say the readwall was repeating the views of others for filler. I'd much rather try everything I fucking can to get the scummiest person lynched rather than "omg he didn't open his notifications scum of the year"-Trine.
    Well I realize it might come across as repeating other's views but that's what I get for jumping in late. My apologies if every thought or sentiment I had was already covered by someone else.

What if Trine flips town, and Sinon is like tomorrow "lol I was TPR all along"? I'd have to hope that my day 1 scumread was right all along and try to fight the majority of town who probably want Sinon lynched instead.

And again, I might have been wrong about Whad in the first place. In which case, I want to get that out of the way TODAY.

If I can get Sinon to bloody lock in his citi claim half my problems are solved in a goddamn instant. I can get on the Trine train comfortable that he's the weakest link from the choices I have and be done with it. If he says "no I'm TPR" then I can tunnel the fuck out of Whad.
    Well now town seems to be in disagreement about whether PRs should even reveal.

49. ISO #499

Yeah and if you weren't voting me I might believe it. I never claimed TPR. You misunderstood something I said and I explained what I meant, but if you suspect me of course you're going to assume that I'm just 'covering my tracks'.
    I never said you claimed tpr. I said you didn't realize one of the citizen claims were fake. If you were really a citizen, you would have had to know one of the claims was fake.

The whole "I was talking from the town perspective" line doesn't make logical sense. It was you clearly trying to cover your tracks. You would know, we wouldn't but you would. When you claimed you didn't say "someone is clearly lying" you just said I'm a citizen too!

Also you're 100% lying.

You claimed "don't fill the 4th spot" after ika claimed, but you soft claimed citizen then you hard claimed after the final spot was hard claimed by ika. And you never called it out.

A better way to put it is like this: what am I defending myself against?

Poe? Can't defend against it.
    my cit claim? Can't defend it
    Anything else? What else is there?

So go ahead and vote me and get me out of the game
    Let's not assume anything. I mean... if we confirm 4 citizens right now it sort of highlights who our Witch Hunters are, doesn't it?

Sorry, I didn't hard claim because of my earlier concern about giving away our PR. But as Gauss pointed out, if witches or PRs are claiming our citizen slots, we're sort of forced to claim or else be suspected as scum and when everyone claims citizen, the claims end up being pointless.

50. ISO #500

If the slip was a misunderstanding, that is one thing. Its that he kept going with that.

We were at 4 cit claims at that time (we were only at 3 when he made the slip, so I can give him benefit of the doubt that it was a misunderstanding)

But once we are at 4 cits.
    If he is cit, then he knows one of them is lying. Setup Math
    Once these facts were pointed out. He still continue to not accept this as value that someone IS lying IF he is citizen.

Yet he continued to do so, which mean he doesn't know someone was lying 100%. which means by process of elimination he has to be witch or TPR.

Him joining 40 hours late or the initial misslip aren't the points of scum, its the continueness of not stating someone is lying when these points were brought up

Like even now, he is saying he never claimed TPR. Thats the point. If your not claiming TPR, that means you are saying your a cit. IF your saying your a cit, you need to claim somone is lying (someone as in the word someone, not in someone specific).
    Note this was at the time where we "outed" out TPR's so claiming while bad, was the best thing to get votes off him, and yet he didn't do this, which means cit. and as he didn't do the cit play, this means witch