S-FM 218: Mafia Wars III - Page 14
Register

User Tag List

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #651

2. ISO #652

Re: S-FM 218: Mafia Wars III

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    There really is no point in lynching me if you think I am FBI Agent because my role is confirmable in two different ways.

If you think Luciano took a Kidnapper role, then go ahead and lynch me.

PTB i don't understand the second slip that you are referring to.
    1. You said you knew it was 3 separate scum. 2. you said it was definitely a luciano.

Then they pointed out it was gf/consig poss too.

3. ISO #653

My team is not going to play. I have too much self respect to respond to you because of how you act.
    Can you replace out then? Because you have to respond to my team at some point, and really a 1 headed ***** defeats the purpose. I'm sure there are other people like quick who want to play.

So can you go now?

4. ISO #654

5. ISO #655

So, do you think I am FBI agent when my role is 100% confirmable as non-FBI Agent?
    I don't know what to think about you anymore.

I just don't understand why a town would go to such lengths to try and get their teammate mislynched if you didn't think we were scum. And you weren't pushing a policy lynch.

Is everything okay at home? You seem really out of it this game. Just saying.

Anyhow, um. Yeah. I'll let mesk or eggy take over for now. I'm going to the mall.

6. ISO #656

7. ISO #657

8. ISO #658

9. ISO #659

10. ISO #660

11. ISO #661

12. ISO #662

13. ISO #663

14. ISO #664

15. ISO #665

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trudeau View Post
    Also its very clear that elephant is pretty much comprised of one person and possibly someone else's two cents.
    There's no way darkness or cryptonic would let themselves go this far....
    I asked them both to play this game for my sake. Do you think they would have chosen to Archon?

16. ISO #666

Is it possible for the kidnapper to be converted to a mole N0?

I kind of am wavering on Elephant now cuz they seem genuinely frustrated. I tend to feel sorry for people easily and AtE kind of works on me unfortunately so.............

I'll think about it and talk to ika.

PTB-honestly can you let Mest or Eggy post for a bit? I'm really not comfortable with you being so nasty and aggressive. It makes the game unreadable. And asking for someone to replace out is over the line. There is no reason unknown has to replace unless he wants to.

Anyway, I'm gonna go for a walk with my daughter and ika and I are gonna hit a movie/dinner so not sure how much we will be around but I'll try to pop in as needed. I think I need to read more people and get off my Elephant tunnel for a bit.

Like Whad and Cancer.

Also, FYI-ika doesn't want to post anymore d1 after his blow-up last night. If you need him, say so and he'll post. Otherwise, he's taking a break.

~SW

17. ISO #667

18. ISO #668

I can be converted n0 to a mole. what I learned from the host while asking for confirmation is that after I Jail someone, my identity is revealed to whomever I jailed. If you REALLY wanted me to prove, I could jail whoever and get that confirmation. I'd likely die in the process though.
    @mattzed Would a jailed person learn the kidnapper's identity?

Proving your role does not prove your alignment however.

~SW

19. ISO #669

20. ISO #670

21. ISO #671

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    My supporting analysis is telling me this "Fuck you" attitude by unknown is town him right now getting mad at Trudeau,
    I don't know, I think Unknown scum is more level headed? I might be making that up in my head.
    Many of his posts are god awful though.

Also his claim at L-2 when he isn't really within hammer range.

~Ana
    He can smell his blood, regardless of if he's actually at L-1. I'd be pretty fucking jittery right now if I was Unknown too. This toxic game is clearly taking a toll on his mental state heheh.

I'm also leaning town. I have a feeling if he was scum he'd have a more productive attitude to all this too, for some reason. That might be the feels rubbing off on me though.

22. ISO #672

DB here. Unknown put Elephant in quite the mess, eh?

I've been busy with RL work, but tried to catch up on what's going on this morning and let me say for the meme lovers -- Unknown made a very bad name to himself. My understanding is that Unknown claimed Kidnapper on behalf of our archon -- this is sadly correct and frankly, I would have hoped for a more interesting role. I don't know why he claimed at L-2, but what's done is done unfortunately.

@Empathy17 makes the fair point that even if we kidnapped someone to prove our role, that doesn't prove our alignment. However, based on past Mafia Wars games and the relative strengths / weaknesses of the different roles, it's fairly unlikely that scum would pick Kidnapper unless they were going for some insane OMG double kidnapper KPN play to start the game. There are just much stronger roles that could be taken including the infamous possibility of a Tailor that drove Duck and others to madness in MW2.

I'm aware that this doesn't clear us and I recognize that Unknown put us in a giant hole based on his reaction to @deathworlds ' silly "scum slip". On the point of scum slips, as others have pointed out, you can pretty much read any comment on the number of scum players as a scum slip. If Unknown had assumed there would likely be four scum given the FBI would presumably try to convert someone, he could have been scum read for that as well. Also, DW also has a very illustrious history of bad d1 tunnels, as pointed out by @Cancer (presumably Banana). He mentioned S-FM Lady Death as one game where he got it right, except that he completely misread the Neutral Benign role that could kill the Serial Killer as the Serial Killer. That's a world of difference and he ended up getting d1 lynched for misreading that player's breadcrumb. @Frozen Angel herself pointed this out to DW -- why is DW so confident in his scumreading meta when he always gets it wrong? I wouldn't be in that case. Sadly, I conclude that this is his tunnel Town play so I don't scumread it, but think it's very misguided.

I know I don't really have a leg to stand on, being AFK for RL reasons, but I find it a bit sad that there hasn't been any scumhunting other than crucifying Unknown for his (not a) scum slip and bad reaction to pressure (more fair, but still shouldn't mean everyone avoids scumhunting elsewhere). Unknown sucks re: pressure, which is evident by a number of games where he rolled Town, got pressured, and then melted down like Island Conflict (where he even told people to lynch him and then ended up being Town). I would suggest that everyone, ourselves included, try to expand out reads on different players, and not get bogged down by scummy meta.

Lastly, I think people setting overly high expectations for Elephant is an unfair meta read. Both Crypt and I are busy with work / RL and signed because Unknown asked us to sign, but knowing our participation would be more limited at times, but that would be okay given the archon has three players. Yeah, Unknown has been scummy and I understand why people might vote the slot because of that, but the other comments aren't particularly productive or fair to any of us.

23. ISO #673

Yzb is probably Town this game for being the first person to logically point out that we didn't slip.
    Is this like, reverse OMGUS?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

24. ISO #674

He can smell his blood, regardless of if he's actually at L-1. I'd be pretty fucking jittery right now if I was Unknown too. This toxic game is clearly taking a toll on his mental state heheh.

I'm also leaning town. I have a feeling if he was scum he'd have a more productive attitude to all this too, for some reason. That might be the feels rubbing off on me though.
    DB:
    This seems accurate to me. Unknown doesn't react well to being pressured as Town (Island Conflict being a great example) and he really dislikes personal attacks and tends to get petulant / defensive in those cases. In this game, there are a ton of very tunnely players (DW, FA) or players who have been known to resort to personal attacks / cheap shots when they push people (you know who you are). Read Island Conflict if you don't believe me -- this is Unknown's "pissed because he gets scumread, acts petulant" mode. I know that's been a fail in the past (i.e. he got lynched), but hopefully other voices in the archon can help put that into better context.

25. ISO #675

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Is this like, reverse OMGUS?
    DB:
    Unknown wrote that comment, but my perspective is as follows: We know that we're Town and we can see the giant pile of "easy" votes that have been piled on us given Unknown's poor reaction to your "scum slip" -- seems like a combination of tunnely players and opportunists look for some action. From our perspective, scum are likely to want to pile votes on us to push for a mislynch. The fact that Yzb isn't just instinctively joining the lynch mob suggests he's at least putting some thought into the game, which tends to be an indication of being Town or more sophisticated scum (i.e. trying to hang back a bit). I've seen Yzb's game and this seems like genuine thought on his part.

Also, "reverse OMGUS" isn't a thing, DW, lol. Would appreciate a little more color on your thoughts vs. conclusory statements or one-line quips. Stuff like, "it's a scum slip" without any further context doesn't add anything to the conversation. Sadly, you're probably Town given your love for hunting for imaginary scum slips so it'd be nice if you could give your thoughts on other players as well. You've certainly done enough damage to the Town discussion by directing it this way already, lol.

26. ISO #676

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trudeau View Post
    Also its very clear that elephant is pretty much comprised of one person and possibly someone else's two cents.
    There's no way darkness or cryptonic would let themselves go this far....
    DB:
    This is a correct read to that point in the game, yes. I will try to be more active, but Crypt may not be able to participate that much, at least initially. Can you give some reads for your archon? I've seen your explanation of why the vote on us, but it'd be nice to try to look at some other players. Given we know we're Town, allowing ourselves to be mislynched obviously wouldn't be furthering our wincon.

Given the air has all been sucked out of the room by this push on us, other players have been getting a pass too. For example, Yuki has barely posted and the posts he has made haven't really pinged me either way. Did Paladin say he was going to be gone for most of d1? Don't remember, but haven't heard much of anything from him. RLVG hasn't posted much either, etc. I just think if we don't start looking around the room, we're going to lock ourselves into a mislynch and have nothing to go on for d2.

27. ISO #677

DB:
    Unknown wrote that comment, but my perspective is as follows: We know that we're Town and we can see the giant pile of "easy" votes that have been piled on us given Unknown's poor reaction to your "scum slip" -- seems like a combination of tunnely players and opportunists look for some action. From our perspective, scum are likely to want to pile votes on us to push for a mislynch. The fact that Yzb isn't just instinctively joining the lynch mob suggests he's at least putting some thought into the game, which tends to be an indication of being Town or more sophisticated scum (i.e. trying to hang back a bit). I've seen Yzb's game and this seems like genuine thought on his part.

Also, "reverse OMGUS" isn't a thing, DW, lol. Would appreciate a little more color on your thoughts vs. conclusory statements or one-line quips. Stuff like, "it's a scum slip" without any further context doesn't add anything to the conversation. Sadly, you're probably Town given your love for hunting for imaginary scum slips so it'd be nice if you could give your thoughts on other players as well. You've certainly done enough damage to the Town discussion by directing it this way already, lol.
    What I was trying to get at is "You town read me, so I townread you", seems like a way to encourage people to town read you.

I have expanded on that slip plenty, thank you very much.

My sliphunting encourages discussion where non is to be found. Discussion is always good for town, and especially for more analytical players like Frozen Angel. More posts with content = Stronger and more reliable analysis.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

28. ISO #678

DB:
    This is a correct read to that point in the game, yes. I will try to be more active, but Crypt may not be able to participate that much, at least initially. Can you give some reads for your archon? I've seen your explanation of why the vote on us, but it'd be nice to try to look at some other players. Given we know we're Town, allowing ourselves to be mislynched obviously wouldn't be furthering our wincon.

Given the air has all been sucked out of the room by this push on us, other players have been getting a pass too. For example, Yuki has barely posted and the posts he has made haven't really pinged me either way. Did Paladin say he was going to be gone for most of d1? Don't remember, but haven't heard much of anything from him. RLVG hasn't posted much either, etc. I just think if we don't start looking around the room, we're going to lock ourselves into a mislynch and have nothing to go on for d2.
    Do you have any thoughts on RLVG?

29. ISO #679

30. ISO #680

@Gyrlander Contribute boy, I want your thoughts on Elephant and GET.
    fucketh me in the ass

31. ISO #681

What I was trying to get at is "You town read me, so I townread you", seems like a way to encourage people to town read you.

My sliphunting encourages discussion where non is to be found. Discussion is always good for town, and especially for more analytical players like Frozen Angel. More posts with content = Stronger and more reliable analysis.
    DB: Yes, the same FA who asked you why you keep going for the slips when they're wrong each time. Your raising the slip point literally wasted the entire day with Unknown being defensive and then it turned into a shitshow with PTB vs. ika / personal attacks and whatnot. This day has been a total disaster man, especially from our perspective because we know we're Town and have been the leading train -- I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much about triggering that.

32. ISO #682

Your discussion made people focus entirely on us all day. Even yourself don't interact with others in this period a lot.

33. ISO #683

Your discussion made people focus entirely on us all day. Even yourself don't interact with others in this period a lot.
    DB: This was Unknown above. He makes a good point though -- you literally haven't focused on anything else the entire day other than pushing this (not even a) slip.

34. ISO #684

DB: Yes, the same FA who asked you why you keep going for the slips when they're wrong each time. Your raising the slip point literally wasted the entire day with Unknown being defensive and then it turned into a shitshow with PTB vs. ika / personal attacks and whatnot. This day has been a total disaster man, especially from our perspective because we know we're Town and have been the leading train -- I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much about triggering that.
    You are completely disregarding PTB's thoughts on the slip and you in general, among Frozen Angel's analysis of the situation.

If you want someone that has been defending you, yzb also had things to say about you, I believe unknown actually quoted one of his posts defending you'se.
    fucketh me in the ass

35. ISO #685

36. ISO #686

You are completely disregarding PTB's thoughts on the slip and you in general, among Frozen Angel's analysis of the situation.

If you want someone that has been defending you, yzb also had things to say about you, I believe unknown actually quoted one of his posts defending you'se.
    DB:

*is asked to give thoughts on other players*

*posts more crap about the "slip"*

Clearly, we're deep in DW death tunnel mode, as Banana coined it. Make sure to add this to your list of incorrect scumslips if we get mislynched, lol.

37. ISO #687

It is really hard when I have to catch up 2 pages (50 posts each) cause I can't catch everything and it is fucking annoying + fucking exams but I'll try to do my best now. I won't say everything I want to say in this post, cause I need to think (yeah, I'm a dummy).

I don't really know what to think of Elephant claiming, but this L-2 thing has happened mainly because of the """scum-slip""" that many people consider not a scum-slip (including me)? It just seems too oportunistic for some individuals to place their votes fast and easy.

As always, GET involves Mesk, PTB and Eggy, making it a perfect disease *****. PTB being super aggresive or just not aggresive, but fucking annoying and pushing people to their limits. Maybe that's townish, though. And Mesk and Eggy.... no comment. (Have they posted though?)

Thank you Anonymous Donor

38. ISO #688

DB:

*is asked to give thoughts on other players*

*posts more crap about the "slip"*

Clearly, we're deep in DW death tunnel mode, as Banana coined it. Make sure to add this to your list of incorrect scumslips if we get mislynched, lol.
    Priority list:

1. Lynch you guys
    2. Push on Cancer
    3. Get @RLVG and @Yukitaka Oni to contribute more.

'Scuse me for being methodical.
    fucketh me in the ass

39. ISO #689

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    It is really hard when I have to catch up 2 pages (50 posts each) cause I can't catch everything and it is fucking annoying + fucking exams but I'll try to do my best now. I won't say everything I want to say in this post, cause I need to think (yeah, I'm a dummy).

I don't really know what to think of Elephant claiming, but this L-2 thing has happened mainly because of the """scum-slip""" that many people consider not a scum-slip (including me)? It just seems too oportunistic for some individuals to place their votes fast and easy.

As always, GET involves Mesk, PTB and Eggy, making it a perfect disease *****. PTB being super aggresive or just not aggresive, but fucking annoying and pushing people to their limits. Maybe that's townish, though. And Mesk and Eggy.... no comment. (Have they posted though?)
    Mesk has posted, havn't contributed much however, I appreciate the check in post though <3.
    fucketh me in the ass

40. ISO #690

Priority list:

1. Lynch you guys
    2. Push on Cancer
    3. Get @RLVG and @Yukitaka Oni to contribute more.

'Scuse me for being methodical.
    DB:

Nah, I found your actual d1 meta right here:

1. Find fake scum slip.
    2. Tunnel on fake scum slip.
    3. Don't read anyone else.
    4. Mislynch Townie from 1-2.

41. ISO #691

I'm curious about my interactions especially with the unknown portion of the Elephant archon.

I've ALWAYS buddied unknown, subtly or obviously; yet not this game.

Pretty much it doesn't mean anything but it's a nice thing to point out.
    fucketh me in the ass

42. ISO #692

DB:

1. Find fake scum slip.
    DB:

Honestly dude, you literally do this every game to the point that people make fun of you as it being the defective Deathworlds tunnel meta. You'd think that you might learn from it, but instead you just double down on the strategy that fails every time. Like really man, if we end up getting lynched, you need to retire this scumslip shit forever.

43. ISO #693

DB:

1. Find fake scum slip.
    I'd respond more to this post, but it doesn't actually consist of anything.
    fucketh me in the ass

44. ISO #694

is @Cancer going to be back today?
    fucketh me in the ass

45. ISO #695

46. ISO #696

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Finally, someone still notice me....
    I want your opinions on Cancer, RLVG, GET, and Firebringer.
    fucketh me in the ass

47. ISO #697

48. ISO #698

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Just keep reading you guy and ignore me....almost feel like I'm reading a book alone....why you guy give no fk about me..
    You're ALWAYS falling under the radar, speak up pup.
    fucketh me in the ass

49. ISO #699

DB:

Honestly dude, you literally do this every game to the point that people make fun of you as it being the defective Deathworlds tunnel meta. You'd think that you might learn from it, but instead you just double down on the strategy that fails every time. Like really man, if we end up getting lynched, you need to retire this scumslip shit forever.
    Sigh, well, I should provoke other thought at least.
    fucketh me in the ass

50. ISO #700

DB:
    @RLVG 's performance in this game has been very uneven to say the least. For so many posts (in terms of number), there was basically nothing said for the entire first chunk of the game. It was a bunch of RVS-phase trolling, throwing his vote around like candy (basically to anyone who said anything), commenting negatively on FB's RP in this game (fine, but doesn't tend to add anything of substance), garish use of rainbow text to spam, etc. His only actual substantive point was voting Yzb, which I will take up in my next post.