{Watch List} merlin: 1-S2-1-7479137, stormerkr: 1-S2-1-6173383, Mikey: 1-S1-1-467085, SuperJack: 1-S1-1-4667314
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

merlin: 1-S2-1-7479137, stormerkr: 1-S2-1-6173383, Mikey: 1-S1-1-467085, SuperJack: 1-S1-1-4667314

Account Name: merlin
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-7479137
    In-Game Name: Not Triad

Crimes Committed: Gamethrowing
    Summary: As Sheriff. Claims he is Detective and saw the Citizen go visit the Mafia kill. Which is a lie.

Account Name: stormerkr
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-6173383
    In-Game Name: Stephano The Short

Crimes Committed: Gamethrowing
    Summary: As Doctor. Gets voted up, deletes his lw and give 0 defence instead claiming he is waiting in the next lobby.
    At this point of the game it was 3v2 and his lynch cost the game.

-Mafia- (224).SC2Replay
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

Re: merlin: 1-S2-1-7479137, stormerkr: 1-S2-1-6173383

SC ID VERIFICATION
    merlin:Correct. 1-S2-1-7479137
    sormerkr:Correct. 1-S2-1-6173383

Players Added to Report
    SuperJack: 1-S1-1-4667314
    Mikey: 1-S1-1-467085

Respective Hotkeys
    merlin: ctrl+5
    stormerkr: ctrl+3
    SuperJack: ctrl+2
    Mikey: ctrl+4

Summary:
    Starts out as a fairly typical game. Of note, Merlin (6, Sheriff) checks 11, then 5, both Not Suspicious, which is recorded in his will. On Night 3, he checks stormerkr (8,Doctor) and gets Not Suspicious. That day, he tries to get SuperJack (12, Citizen) on the stand after 12's Citizen claim. He justifies this by saying that the dead arsonist said12 was immune. (this was not the case) Instead, the town randoms 6 to the stand, who claims he is a detective that saw 12 visit the person who died last night. He is lynched 4-3, and his last will reveals that he did not update his result on 8.

That night, Mikey (5, Sheriff) attempts to commit suicide after being the cop who found the arsonist, but is instead the target of the night kill. He fails to include in his last will the fact that he found 13, the veteran, innocent.

That following day, Aminus (7, Veteran) reveals, having killed a Beguiler the previous night. SuperJack PM's the vet that he is cit, and one of the mafia, 14, lies and pretends to be doc. Before any other PMs are received, stormerkr is trialed. On the stand he deletes his last will (not that it had anything useful) and says that he is waiting for the next lobby.

As a final note, when the game gets down to the final 3, 2 mafia vs one town (7), SuperJack, who was dead, changed 7's role once he was on the stand: first to mayor, then to Dragon Head. While this did not affect the game, I feel this should be noted as a possibly unjustified used of moderator power.

Was the Game Result altered?
    Uncertain; while the game did get to 3v2 with a veteran and citizen basically confirmed, the veteran was willing to trial and guilty someone before they were able to PM him a role, and the mafia that did claim vet had a convincing claim. (he claimed to visit vet on a night he didn't alert, for instance) While it was in poor taste to not give a defense, I am not sure the outcome of the game would have been different.

In the case of Merlin, this is even harder to tell. The game may have been different if he pursued a different strategy, but this really cannot be known.

The actions of the other two could not have affected the outcome as it happened.

After the Review
    For Merlin, I had considered a charge of griefing, but I ultimately do not think I can prove this. This was his 17th game, according to the replay, and he may have been wary of a citizen trying to confirm himself. Although it worked against the town to falsely claim detective, this may well have been a gambit. Given that he leaves a true last will, I have at least some reason to believe he was doing his best to help his faction win.

stormerkr's refusal to make a defense on the stand is definitely griefing. However, because I am not sure it would have changed the game and because this very much looks like a revenge griefing, (from the Vet putting him up without hearing all roles and the Sheriff earlier for lying about being Detective) I feel this deserves the minimum possible punishment for a griefing offense.

I do not find SuperJack to be guilty of moderator abuse. While he used his powers where they were unnecessary, (it made the final death of a town appear as Dragon Head when no triad were in the game) the game's outcome was not affected. I am uncertain if the points Aminus received were altered due to a role change, but even in this case it seemed like he enjoyed the little joke and I believe this should mitigate any harm caused from point loss. If there is later a discussion on this site for what does or does not constitute moderator abuse, I submit this as evidence of how moderators affect games.

Mikey's suicide was unsuccessful and thus would not have affected the game. As a mitigating factor, I will acknowledge that it was 4v3 the night he suicided, and he may have been attempting to speed up the game, thinking that Triad could not lose. However, this was not the case as a Veteran was still alive. Thus, I am classifying his suicide as attempted gamethrow.

Previous Offenses
    merlin: None
    stormerkr: Role Quit (On-Hold),
    SuperJack: None
    Mikey: Gamethrow (On-Hold, from 2012), Gamethrow (Watchlist x1, from 2013)

Player Offenses
    merlin: Possible Griefing
    stormerkr: Griefing
    SuperJack: Possible Mod Abuse
    Mikey: Attempted Gamethrow

Recommended Action
    merlin: Ignore
    stormerkr: Watchlist x2
    SuperJack: Ignore
    Mikey: On-Hold

Additional Notes
    Thank-you for submitting this report!
    Last edited by MattZed; April 23rd, 2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: merlin: 1-S2-1-7479137, stormerkr: 1-S2-1-6173383, Mikey: 1-S1-1-467085, SuperJack: 1-S1-1-46673

I have replays of SuperJack clearly abusing his Mod powers to know roles. If I report this will you guys actually do anything about it? He was a doctor and acted like he was an invest role and got all 3 mafia and SK lynched 4 days in a row. I've got other replays of him doing shady stuff but that's the one that really sticks out.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: merlin: 1-S2-1-7479137, stormerkr: 1-S2-1-6173383, Mikey: 1-S1-1-467085, SuperJack: 1-S1-1-46673

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    I have replays of SuperJack clearly abusing his Mod powers to know roles. If I report this will you guys actually do anything about it? He was a doctor and acted like he was an invest role and got all 3 mafia and SK lynched 4 days in a row. I've got other replays of him doing shady stuff but that's the one that really sticks out.
    Sure, we can very easily review any such replays and determine if mod commands were used to determine roles.

7. ISO #7

Hmm, pretty weird to see Staff reviewing and judging staff. This replay should be public ; don't say staff don't do well his job or is corrupted, but there is a true conflict of interest, just saying :3.
    (I say that because when a report go On hold or is ignored, he is not public)
    Last edited by Larrite; April 27th, 2016 at 03:49 PM.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Larrite View Post
    Hmm, pretty weird to see Staff reviewing and judging staff. This replay should be public ; don't say staff don't do well his job or is corrupted, but there is a true conflict of interest, just saying :3.
    I am very unbiased when it comes to mod power reports. Really, players can't see ignored and on hold reports??

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I am very unbiased when it comes to mod power reports. Really, players can't see ignored and on hold reports??
    Yeh they cant see it. Always been that way. Never known why. (Apart from stopping trolls tracking down people that report them)
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

10. ISO #10

The player who send the report can, but it's not public - i mean anyone can't see it except the ~ OP and staff.
    Btw, i really don't wanna suggest anyone in the staff is biased or don't do his job well (and i know that can be unpleasant mostly when you do that volonteerly), nor SuperJack or any member of the staff use mod power to cheat, i'm just saying is seems me more healthy to make thoses court case public :3.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Larrite View Post
    ANY reports about mod abuse are placed in a special mod abuse section that should be public, regardless of whether they were on-hold or ignored.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumd...amp-Misconduct

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Yeh they cant see it. Always been that way. Never known why. (Apart from stopping trolls tracking down people that report them)
    On-Hold section is probably not public because it used to be that On-Hold reports were not actually processed until the second offense. They were literally "on-hold" pending further rule breaking. Thus, having them public would make a user look like a rule breaking when the report had not even been reviewed. We can probably safely change this now, given that we process all of the reports (even if they end up on-hold).

Ignored is probably private to keep users from judging each other based on the fact that they were reported, even when the reports were found to not be valid. It's probably a good thing for Ignored reports to be private.

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTER9709 View Post
    How about you make it public but don't show who made the report?
    As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to do this with the current report system.
    Last edited by Lysergic; April 27th, 2016 at 07:21 PM.