Register

User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
  1. ISO #801

2. ISO #802

3. ISO #803

Re: S-FM 223: Cult of Zed

GAME OVER. THE CULT HAS WON!
    Congratulations to yzb25, Quick, and Cass!

Role list:

Stealthbomber16 - Town
    Mesk514 - Town
    ika - Town
    Gyrlander - Town
    Firebringer - Town
    secondpassing - Town
    yzb25 - Cult Leader Zed
    Quick - Cultist (converted N1)
    Cass - Cultist (converted N2)

gg everyone!

It was certainly an entertaining game to watch. As usual, comments on the setup going forward are always appreciated, as I will host this again in the future if you guys are interested.

Special shoutout to @yzb25 for boldly choosing to convert the bottom of the player list. The mind game was real.

jk, ika was Cult Leader, and well played at that. Converting those who suspected him and getting them to not let up went a long way to making i

Last edited by MattZed; March 11th, 2017 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

4. ISO #804

5. ISO #805

6. ISO #806

7. ISO #807

8. ISO #808

9. ISO #809

10. ISO #810

11. ISO #811

12. ISO #812

13. ISO #813

14. ISO #814

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Quick-Why do you have to ruin the fun?
    Excuse me, but i was legit confused as fuck.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

15. ISO #815

16. ISO #816

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    after lynch i messaged matt on skype to troll the thread with that.

but scicne its over, plz do be aware that as sw said, i tend to edit a few things out here and there (mostly jsut personal work or RL stuff) out before release

ill have a huge post comming up shortly on everyone

17. ISO #817

18. ISO #818

19. ISO #819

@ika , if you would have let me know you were going to vicariously troll the thread through MZ then I totally would have played along.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

20. ISO #820

21. ISO #821

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Ah, okey. THEN I WAS RIGHT!!!! FUCK EVERYONE FOR NOT BEING TO RECOGNISE TOWN GYRLANDER *runs away while screaming*
    I recognized you as Town!Gyr. Why you no happy then?
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

22. ISO #822

23. ISO #823

Your gyrlander hammer was hilarious. I townread you, now die. LOL
    I thought it was pretty funny too.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

24. ISO #824

25. ISO #825

26. ISO #826

If ika is in a game, it's possible. He had RLVG do it in Lazy.
    I really had no idea what was going on at the time. I literally was considering that yzb was being super troll face the whole game and I was thinking "this guy is fucking brilliant for pulling this off."
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

27. ISO #827

You obviously knew I was town Gyr. And then you hammered my ass. Something I should thank you for.
    Well, I WAS right, you know
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

28. ISO #828

29. ISO #829

With Stealth and Yzb25 voting me? Only 1 town voting incorrectly was needed, and we had 2. And we would have had 3 if Mesk wasn't afk lmao
    Because your meta is Scummy af, gyr. You need to play more pro-town and shit like this won't happen. Just because I can read you correctly when you are Town doesn't mean shit when other can't.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

30. ISO #830

I do want everyone to know, in general ika's rage is NAI. He actually does it a lot more as town but it's not something to read him off of. It's always genuine too. I think whoever said faking your emotions is tough, was right. It's extremely hard to do. But the Pokemon game he was town and asking the vig to kill him so I would never read him on anything AtE like. Just an FYI.

Otherwise, I think you all did pretty well. yzb's D1 was awesome and everyone looked really town. I didn't think ika was gonna win because you were all townreading each other. After the SP lynch, things kind of slacked off some and ika's decision to convert those scumreading him worked pretty well.

Matt was right about who was converted BTW.

Also, I do think that it's easier to look town as a single 3P with no buddies so I would of probably scumread yzb if I was in the game mostly because I did similar play in Empire as Neutral. Of course, there I had to legit scumhunt and had no buddies so it was easier for me.

ika did well, I know I'm biased but he stayed alive D1 and had most townreading him and converted good targets

Quick did great with the distancing.

Yzb played a solid towngame.

gg wp, I truly enjoyed watching it all and of course I'm thrilled with the outcome.

31. ISO #831

With Stealth and Yzb25 voting me? Only 1 town voting incorrectly was needed, and we had 2. And we would have had 3 if Mesk wasn't afk lmao
    Yes grylander, even with two votes on you, you should of cased ika. You could of said a bunch of shit and it would of helped. You should of given reads on others. You shouldn't of blindly voted with no reasoning. That doesn't look town. You also decided to OMGUS vote Stealth and then back off when he voted you back, you voted FB and said it was to save your ass when you were not scumreading him, and basically most of your posting was-you guys should know I'm town, it's obvious. No it really isn't. Your play is not town looking at all. Not everyone is gonna know your meta.

32. ISO #832

33. ISO #833

34. ISO #834

1. @Stealthbomber16 - i do hope this comes to show to you that consitency, a controlled narrative, and that logic itself is and can be used by scum. While i do agree your means of looking for change is a very good means of scum hunting. i ended up using it against you. I do agree with the gyr vote/lynch come the end of it but i expect you to never trust me again

2. @Mesk514 - i know you were busy with rl, i am sorry i did not convert you either, i jsut needed to controll what i could do to distance mysefl from my actual scum mates. I am fully expecting you as well to neevr trust me again in a game

3. @ika - ill have more on me in my own post. there are some thign i felt like that made me obvious in hindsight bias

4. @Gyrlander - gyr, call the kettle black, but you litarly brought it on yourself with how you did take into day 3 and everythign before. while i do give you props for reading sp as town. I want you to realzie what you were experincing and going though and how you felt is how SW and i feel when you kinda do the "x is scum cus i said so"
    you turned yourself into a hole where if you got lynched day 2 or accpted it or jsut ignored what was said and continued to scum hunt and push and not jsut go 'WAH WAH ATE" (call me a hipocrite cus just about everyone does it including me) you took it to a length that actually irritated me becasue it was so pathetic that you do such things when you have done it to others.

5. @Firebringer - fire, i didnt convert you for what was my own agenda. this will eb elaborated shortly. however i am going to hold you to the no bitching its imballanced thing on setup. i felt like you were kinda clearly town based on EOD though due tot he fact that even i would not eb that balsy

6. @secondpassing - SP, tbh i dont recall anythign cus you got lynched day 1. i guess i could say that you can complain to FBer for having an all town wagon on you?

7. @yzb25 - yzb.... i have sevral thigns to say:
    first and formost, i had a genuine scum read on you day 1. if i were to have been town i would of pushed you and probally tunnled you off it. while your suspcions were right i prob would of been town reading you come day 2. i do feel kinda bad about having you be the leader but be so wrong. I felt like you jsut kinda got stuck in a day 1 mindset and that you slowly lost your energy to play as it draged on. It also didnt help i basicly converted your town reads and you never seemed to revaulate that they might be scum.

8. @Quick - i said what i needed to in the qt about your town play and in rgards to my meta. rage and activity is mostly NAI to me at this point. I will say that day 2 was loads of fun to see unfold and the psuh on each other was well worth it. in the event that you got me lynched (becasue you were convicnign enough) it would of screwed you form winning becasue you were rigth. otherwise if i got you lynched it turns into a game of "CL never pushed culsit day 2" type thing and i walk though the game off that

9. @Cass - i got to say you are a sporatic player who has a intresting playstyle. I foudn that as games go on you seem to narrow it down. i also seen that in your scum play you seemt o rely more or less on choaching scum buddies and interacting with them. now people have both a town and scum emta of you in a single game. i hope to see you around and that you get a chance to play with my better half silverwolf when (more like if) she goes of haitus.

35. ISO #835

Oh and @Cass -great job as a new player really digging into the game. I hope you stick around. I really enjoy players like you in games.
    I agree. @Cass , you did great! I sorta could see you were a little more Scummy D3, but I prolly wouldn't have been able to tell if I was Town. You kinda overcompensated and were posting a ton but it wasn't really as potent stuff, but it didn't make anyone Scum read you so you did well.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

36. ISO #836

37. ISO #837

It probably was but you never know, you might of been able to pull the lynch onto ika. I mean, you did figure him out so give yourself credit for that.
    Nah, maybe I actually realised he was scum or my mind just randomed him. It's something that is impossible to know.

Anyway, after seeing that yzb was voting me and people were non-stop saying how scum I was I just wanted them to fucking Lynch me instead of just saying It.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

38. ISO #838

before i get into everyone else stuff thats been said i want to expalin my thoughts as the CL itself cus my play was tailored to bascily cause what happened: confusion and apathy

my first idea was to never convert and have everyone hunting for this imaginary cult team but when quick started to suspect me it had to be changed. (this is why i asked the question cus that was my answer, whats more hectic then hunting for whats not there).

my plan after quick seemed pretty gun ho on me was to use that to my own advantage. i would make a narrative that quick is CL/cult who is pushing me. as seen in the scum topic i told him to not let up and continue. by doing this people would see no shift in narratives and be confused as well as what i would be thinking is paranoid and/or apathetic. with this seed planted i would continue my own narrative of pushing quick/yzb.

now both scum reads of quick/yzb were real (yzb for pro-cult posting and quick not answering my points). my rage was also very much real as yzb pointed out, when my case was ignored i was annoyed because i put myself into a mindset that yzb was truly a cl and that everyone town reading him for it was being dumb. form there i did have real rage and quit the game to an extent (not posting rest of day). come the nest day (of day 1) i decided to use that to be away from the thread.

on day 2 i used quick/yzb continued case as CL to be pushed. this was basically the big pivotal point. if quick got lynched i could argue it was nearly anyone to be CL (would still argue yzb for narrative reasons) where if i got yzb lynched i could argue quick is CL and push form there and pivot anybody else to be a recruit/scum read. however cass started to suspect quick/me so i had to shut it down quickly using the same thing. During this time my activity did drop due to my promotion at work. I did see this as an opportunity though to have a second convert and have a full narrative built up.

My idea on day 3 was to have cass/me/quick have a mutual suspicion of each other and build on it where all of us could pivot the read to lynch another and hopefully clear the ourselfs on it. It turned out that due to all the apathy and WTFing of the game that it was resloved on its own with gyr bascily making the hole himself. I had a worst case set up where i would push quick and cass and use mesk to lynch cass if needed. from there i would try to pivot that she was the n1 convert and that the quick/yzb narrative still exist. If quick got lynched i would of then pushed YZB as the mastermind of it all or let town eat itself while i would be cleared on the fact i pushed both cultists.

this is the power of a skilled cult IMO, you recruit your scum reads to scum read you still (because now they know they are right and can continue to use those reads as real things because their reads were right to begin with) and have people who town read you be the buffer to your cults. cults work not jsut numbers but a narrative. if you can set up the game state to basically be day 1 over and over (with just less and less towns), towns apathy will kick in. even if they did get a scum/cult lynch off i feel like that the playerbase would start clearing the suspect because of the said narrative that they put in.

39. ISO #839

Also, LOL at me hammering all three days.
    thats even funnnier. i also do want to say watch the confidence level of things, call it hindsigh bias but i felt like some of your day 2/3 posting was kinda TMI

Ah, okey. THEN I WAS RIGHT!!!! FUCK EVERYONE FOR NOT BEING TO RECOGNISE TOWN GYRLANDER *runs away while screaming*
    SW commented already so im gonna be breif: you were right way too late. quick was argubly right (for wrong reasons) but if you suspected me soon er you could of won. as for the "reconize town!gyr" youu cant expect people to do that. you need to improve

@ika , if you would have let me know you were going to vicariously troll the thread through MZ then I totally would have played along.
    ill do that next time

Your gyrlander hammer was hilarious. I townread you, now die. LOL
    omg when that happend i was cracking up cus right before that i was making a post saying "you not hammeirng is scummy as fuck" when i came to post it i saw thread closed

If ika is in a game, it's possible. He had RLVG do it in Lazy.
    9 times out of 10 i will do this. if yzb put on the ultimate troll face with that i would be laughing so hard

If you would of put forth a case on ika, you would of been better off.
    this

I really had no idea what was going on at the time. I literally was considering that yzb was being super troll face the whole game and I was thinking "this guy is fucking brilliant for pulling this off."
    yes i would not even be mad at something like that

again sw adreeded it but i rather go down yelling at people then just accpet my final myslynch

Because your meta is Scummy af, gyr. You need to play more pro-town and shit like this won't happen. Just because I can read you correctly when you are Town doesn't mean shit when other can't.
    this, assuming that your just gonna be town read will get you nowhere

I do want everyone to know, in general ika's rage is NAI. He actually does it a lot more as town but it's not something to read him off of. It's always genuine too. I think whoever said faking your emotions is tough, was right. It's extremely hard to do. But the Pokemon game he was town and asking the vig to kill him so I would never read him on anything AtE like. Just an FYI.

Otherwise, I think you all did pretty well. yzb's D1 was awesome and everyone looked really town. I didn't think ika was gonna win because you were all townreading each other. After the SP lynch, things kind of slacked off some and ika's decision to convert those scumreading him worked pretty well.

Matt was right about who was converted BTW.

Also, I do think that it's easier to look town as a single 3P with no buddies so I would of probably scumread yzb if I was in the game mostly because I did similar play in Empire as Neutral. Of course, there I had to legit scumhunt and had no buddies so it was easier for me.

ika did well, I know I'm biased but he stayed alive D1 and had most townreading him and converted good targets

Quick did great with the distancing.

Yzb played a solid towngame.

gg wp, I truly enjoyed watching it all and of course I'm thrilled with the outcome.
    i do have to give props to yzb overall, i would of been town reading him by day 2 imo if i was town if he kept it up and he was kinda my big wildcard/fear

Yes grylander, even with two votes on you, you should of cased ika. You could of said a bunch of shit and it would of helped. You should of given reads on others. You shouldn't of blindly voted with no reasoning. That doesn't look town. You also decided to OMGUS vote Stealth and then back off when he voted you back, you voted FB and said it was to save your ass when you were not scumreading him, and basically most of your posting was-you guys should know I'm town, it's obvious. No it really isn't. Your play is not town looking at all. Not everyone is gonna know your meta.
    again this

I found all effort that I could have given pointless.
    It probably was but you never know, you might of been able to pull the lynch onto ika. I mean, you did figure him out so give yourself credit for that.
    again sw said it for me but to kinda say fomr in game. jsut keep pushing. make yoruself look town, try and see what people agree on or not. sometimes you get a town read and learn what you do/did akes you look town

Oh and @Cass -great job as a new player really digging into the game. I hope you stick around. I really enjoy players like you in games.
    i want to see you go against cass, before the convert she was my other big wildcard

Nah, maybe I actually realised he was scum or my mind just randomed him. It's something that is impossible to know.

Anyway, after seeing that yzb was voting me and people were non-stop saying how scum I was I just wanted them to fucking Lynch me instead of just saying It.
    i know how this feels, sw knows how it feels. its not fun and i am hoping you relaize that how you felt is how SW feels when you push her off nothing. even if your literal reason was "i randomed it" its better then nothing. I would of prefered that over the "well you suspect me now" becasue it opened a big inconsitency

40. ISO #840

41. ISO #841

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    thats even funnnier. i also do want to say watch the confidence level of things, call it hindsigh bias but i felt like some of your day 2/3 posting was kinda TMI
    IDK what you mean. How was it TMI?
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

42. ISO #842

43. ISO #843

Quick-Why do you have to ruin the fun?
    ^^^^ all my tinfoil on SP's pushes exploded all at once

Also, LOL at me hammering all three days.
    Lol good job! I was posting on mobile getting ready for kids party, hoping you'd be around so we could end Gyr's misery, totally missed Ika's vote/the fact he could switch, came back to add vote and game over !!

If you would of put forth a case on ika, you would of been better off.
    ^ I agree with this
    Tbh Quick pushing Ika D2 and then not switching vote when it was viable at the EOD was a thing that tipped me big time.

I was ready to crush him, and so lololnoooocranky to see I was converted for D3 - WP on that front Ika CL Sir ;)

44. ISO #844

IDK what you mean. How was it TMI?
    the level of confidence you displayed seemd more then what was your day 1 play. like you "knew" what was going on. day 2 when you said lylo was gonna be day 3 i felt like that was slightly TMI due to the fact cult could of done a no-recuit

there were others but thats the one that i found most compelling, but again it was cus i knew you were scum so bias

45. ISO #845

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post

^ I agree with this
    Tbh Quick pushing Ika D2 and then not switching vote when it was viable at the EOD was a thing that tipped me big time.

I was ready to crush him, and so lololnoooocranky to see I was converted for D3 - WP on that front Ika CL Sir ;)
    ty. this game if anything can show the power of cults themselfs. cults are as i said, about the narraitve. just take in your scum reads to work for you by continuing it. makes people look more natural and they dont have to change everything

you did well yourself the last day as well as day 1/2

46. ISO #846

I found all effort that I could have given pointless.
    Neverrrrr give uppppppppp!!!

(NB I'm crazy and I dont necessarily endorse this as the sanest choose of action for mental health but)
    even 'sure' lynches can swing to someone else if effort comes across legit and genuine, I was hedging a bit on you for exactly that reason - if you'd pulled the Ika case outta your ass and fought hard it coulda been a tough fight!

lol <3 ! If I knew what was good for me I'd be on hiatus also, but the volume here promised to be easier to keep up and I'd never tried a cult game and yzb sucked me in

I don't think it went too bad

Not sure how to take the 'players like you' since my bazillion questions approach is probably often a cluttery distraction and I envy players who can tone down paranoia, stay on one track and be succinct but thanks

I actually intended to try and change style here but lolme, bad habits die hard :eyeroll:

Aaaaand I just deleted quotes. lolphoneposting
    @ika

Spoiler : copypasta :
    - i got to say you are a sporatic player who has a intresting playstyle. I foudn that as games go on you seem to narrow it down. i also seen that in your scum play you seemt o rely more or less on choaching scum buddies and interacting with them. now people have both a town and scum emta of you in a single game. i hope to see you around and that you get a chance to play with my better half silverwolf when (more like if) she goes of haitus.

Ya I think I'm generally get less hectic the more information comes out and the more I've interacted with everyone/burnt myself out chasing tinfoil.

Sporadic availability comes from work and RL in most cases and unfortunately can't be helped unless I ignore the need to sleep at some point during a game

Where's the scum meta come from? I wouldn't say I coach anyone ITT generally? I do like interacting with my buddies when scum but find most of that happens out of thread/in planning since I like a coherent team and generally hate to bus.

@Quick

Spoiler : quote copypasta :
    I agree. @Cass , you did great! I sorta could see you were a little more Scummy D3, but I prolly wouldn't have been able to tell if I was Town. You kinda overcompensated and were posting a ton but it wasn't really as potent stuff, but it didn't make anyone Scum read you so you did well

Yeah.... it was hard to adjust when my biggest theory after rereading overnight suddenly got proven and became total taboo!!! I figured I still needed to appear, just didn't want to push any specific angle too hard, I'm with you that it was wolfy!

Ftr it was actually your insistence D2 that Ika was scum that gave me the confidence to push through with my gut on him, I was so disappointed you 'weren't around' to switch the lynch to there with me D2 lol WP

47. ISO #847

Had I not been busy, I would have for sure voted with gyrlander. Sorry gyrlander
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

48. ISO #848

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Yeah.... it was hard to adjust when my biggest theory after rereading overnight suddenly got proven and became total taboo!!! I figured I still needed to appear, just didn't want to push any specific angle too hard, I'm with you that it was wolfy!

Ftr it was actually your insistence D2 that Ika was scum that gave me the confidence to push through with my gut on him, I was so disappointed you 'weren't around' to switch the lynch to there with me D2 lol WP
    I did a ton of "dodging" this game, meaning I just wasn't around when things were happening. I also was not playing super aggressive because if I get recruited (which happened) then I'm kinda SoL. So even though I thought Ika was Scum day 1 I knew there was a good chance of me getting recruited and since I wasn't 100% on my read on Ika, I decided to play in a way that wouldn't damn me if I got recruited, which is exactly what I talked about in the setup thread.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

49. ISO #849

50. ISO #850

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    the level of confidence you displayed seemd more then what was your day 1 play. like you "knew" what was going on. day 2 when you said lylo was gonna be day 3 i felt like that was slightly TMI due to the fact cult could of done a no-recuit

there were others but thats the one that i found most compelling, but again it was cus i knew you were scum so bias
    I guess I can kinda see the part of being more confident in my reads... But the thing about it being LyLo, just seems like a pretty rational assumption to make. I literally would have made that assumption as Town since I don't seen any logical reason who CL wouldn't recruit. There is like zero downside to converting someone, like for me if I was CL I would convert someone every time because it gets me closer to LyLo every time I convert.

And IDK about the TMI thing really... I have gotten a VT read on someone based on them literally typing "??????????????????????" as the only thing in a post.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out