Annual Leave Train 2016
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Annual Leave Train 2016

*Facepalm*

There's so many things wrong with this thread now that I can't even begin to explain it all. Lock it and do your jobs correctly.

Admin: Don't talk back to users, don't go infracting as that's not solving any problems. Lock the thread, let people retire peacefully and discuss what's on topic. Taunting retired members only adds to a list of things that don't need to be said in public view.

Retired Members: Post a decent retirement, keep it clean and they won't feel the need to hide anything under another thread and merge it. 'Nough said.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; April 13th, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Re: Choo Choo

Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Re: Choo Choo

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    5 years of sc2mafia.. i enjoyed the comforums too :P
    The old forum was ported over it takes your COM time into account (hence the fact the war forum is in the archive). Pretty sure we swapped to sc2maf early 2012 just after the wars
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

So long, Farewell, and thanks for all the fish~

I had a lot of fun in this community. Unfortunately the time has come for me to go elsewhere. I harbor no ill will towards anyone. I wish you all the best.

If anyone wants to pick it up the project I was working increase the entertainment value of our FM games in order to create a player draw. Our player draw has been dependent on the SC2 mod which is becoming less and less active so for the site to keep existing there needs to be a new player draw and more importantly; there needs to be something to keep members here. Member retention on this site is terrible. The answer is not to cut the community off from other sites but rather to change the environment here into one where members want to come and play without feeling like some 2nd class citizen.

I would encourage the community to pressure what staff is left to shift their focus to helping the community if you have any expectation of this site surviving. Community leadership should always be in service to its community; not in power over it.

This last S-FM will be my last game here. I am not going to bail on AIVION there. I may still post the other 2 parts of my guide here but if I do they will be an X-post from wherever I find to call home.

Take care.
    Last edited by Helz; April 13th, 2016 at 01:13 PM.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

24. ISO #24

Re: So long, Farewell, and thanks for all the fish~

Thank you.

And take care!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

25. ISO #25

Post SuperJack is Retiring.

After some thought into this. I'm going to have to retire.
    Weather I stay involved or just leave remains to be seen. But I will always be in the shadows to defend the victims.
    Joining the staff in June 13th, 2013. Helping the community, climbing my way up and finally having a home here. I regret to Inform you that I am retiring.

Reason
    The reason being is the current site leaders (Baring Crypt for FM and Arrow for In-Game who do give to the community.), from my view are not here for the community. Yet instead have miss-used their position and do not support the community's future. And I refuse to work for someone that does not care for the community I love.
    I was asked (To try and sugar coat shit) after the fiasco to carry on bringing people into this community. And I refuse to bring them here after seeing how it has been treated by the top.

Love
    I love you people out there. The ones that play the forum mafia games with me, that has been tremendous fun and I am glad to of met every single one of you.
    I love the people I play Sc2Mafia with and have come to know better and treat with the respect they deserve.
    I love the people who have tried to keep this community going and the player and staff who have kept the in-game up to date and playable.
    I love the people I spend the nights playing late on the arcade with some great people.

The community needs to be lead by the community
    and not the selfish great super impregnated plasmic invertebrate jellies that rule over it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Re: SuperJack is Retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    and not the selfish great super impregnated plasmic invertebrate jellies that rule over it.
    I think this is some trigger-fuel, since this is more or less an insult to the current staff lol.
    Agree though, POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Reason
    Yet instead have miss-used their position and do not support the community's future. And I refuse to work for someone that does not care for the community I love.
    VIVA LA REVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Why I never joined the staff.
    I mean, you can always be part of the staff to represent and try to bring glory as well aiding the community in removing toxic material.
    That's pretty much what politicans are for and doing. (give or take they lie and are just as corrupt).

Issue here though is that nazi jokes, black jokes, rape jokes, personal attacks and et cetera are usually shrugged off. This breeds toxic behavior.
    Someone says they're offended and none listens only to trigger them further. I think I'm one of the few who took the word of others when they were offended and gave an appology publicly.

On the other hand, can't be staff because SC2 refuses to work even years later even though I'm always on the forum lol. Thanks Obama.

30. ISO #30

Re: SuperJack is Retiring.

RIP Superjack

P.S.
    FireBringer told me to tell you that you owe him a pizza. He said that it does not need to be toasted because he already owns a toaster.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Re: AIVION, The Newb, Is done.

<3

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

33. ISO #33

You will notice they just merged peoples separate farewell posts although they are each completely different topics and renamed it "Annual Leave train 2016" as if it is normal for 25 years worth of staff experience to walk out the door. This is part of why everyone is leaving. Even after some staff appropriately expressed displeasure for the blatant power grab going on and resigned they cut to discrediting them saying "They were staff for the wrong reasons" to save face. Just let people say their goodbyes and depart in peace. It will all blow over if you don't escalate it trying to make everyone seem like jackasses on their way out to save face.

Spoiler : Farewell Thread :

I had a lot of fun in this community. Unfortunately the time has come for me to go elsewhere. I harbor no ill will towards anyone. I wish you all the best.

If anyone wants to pick it up the project I was working increase the entertainment value of our FM games in order to create a player draw. Our player draw has been dependent on the SC2 mod which is becoming less and less active so for the site to keep existing there needs to be a new player draw and more importantly; there needs to be something to keep members here. Member retention on this site is terrible. The answer is not to cut the community off from other sites but rather to change the environment here into one where members want to come and play without feeling like some 2nd class citizen.

I would encourage the community to pressure what staff is left to shift their focus to helping the community if you have any expectation of this site surviving. Community leadership should always be in service to its community; not in power over it.

This last S-FM will be my last game here. I am not going to bail on AIVION there. I may still post the other 2 parts of my guide here but if I do they will be an X-post from wherever I find to call home.

Take care.

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    You will notice they just merged peoples separate farewell posts although they are each completely different topics and renamed it "Annual Leave train 2016" as if it is normal for 25 years worth of staff experience to walk out the door. This is part of why everyone is leaving. Even after some staff appropriately expressed displeasure for the blatant power grab going on and resigned they cut to discrediting them saying "They were staff for the wrong reasons" to save face. Just let people say their goodbyes and depart in peace. It will all blow over if you don't escalate it trying to make everyone seem like jackasses on their way out to save face.

Take care.

Nah, just don't need 6 topics on the same subject lol

35. ISO #35

SuperJack is Retiring.

After some thought into this. I'm going to have to retire.
    Weather I stay involved or just leave remains to be seen. But I will always be in the shadows to defend the victims.
    Joining the staff in June 13th, 2013. Helping the community, climbing my way up and finally having a home here. I regret to Inform you that I am retiring.

Reason
    The reason being is the current site leaders (Baring Crypt for FM and Arrow for In-Game who do give to the community.), from my view are not here for the community. Yet instead have miss-used their position and do not support the community's future. And I refuse to work for someone that does not care for the community I love.
    I was asked (To try and sugar coat shit) after the fiasco to carry on bringing people into this community. And I refuse to bring them here after seeing how it has been treated by the top.

Love
    I love you people out there. The ones that play the forum mafia games with me, that has been tremendous fun and I am glad to of met every single one of you.
    I love the people I play Sc2Mafia with and have come to know better and treat with the respect they deserve.
    I love the people who have tried to keep this community going and the player and staff who have kept the in-game up to date and playable.
    I love the people I spend the nights playing late on the arcade with some great people.

Abusing my retirement thread only shows that my viewpoint and reasoning was the correct choice.
    I ask you out of kindness and respect, that you leave my retirement thread be as it is important to me and marks my retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Why I never joined the staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Superjack has left the building I'll miss you
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    RIP
    Out of all the people who just quit, you're gonna be missed cause you actually did some stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    I think this is some trigger-fuel, since this is more or less an insult to the current staff lol.
    Agree though, POWER TO THE PEOPLE

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

I mean, you can always be part of the staff to represent and try to bring glory as well aiding the community in removing toxic material.
    That's pretty much what politicans are for and doing. (give or take they lie and are just as corrupt).

Issue here though is that nazi jokes, black jokes, rape jokes, personal attacks and et cetera are usually shrugged off. This breeds toxic behavior.
    Someone says they're offended and none listens only to trigger them further. I think I'm one of the few who took the word of others when they were offended and gave an appology publicly.

On the other hand, can't be staff because SC2 refuses to work even years later even though I'm always on the forum lol. Thanks Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    RIP Superjack

P.S.
    FireBringer told me to tell you that you owe him a pizza. He said that it does not need to be toasted because he already owns a toaster.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

36. ISO #36

Firebringer is Leaving

This is my third time posting this thread, because again as I said in the previous thread. The staff wont even let us have a few words to say goodbye. I never even bad mouthed the admins or anyone in my original leave thread. I have grievances with staff, but I didn't want to leave on a bad note.

Unfortunately, it is now on a bad note.

Spoiler : Firebringer Leaving :
    It has been a fun time guys. I had a lot of fun with you all, but I have to regretfully announce my retirement from staff, and likely take my leave from the community for at least awhile. There are multiple reasons why I am leaving, some has to do with how staff has handled various issues, some has to do with my own inability to keep up with my responsibility. I don't regret being on staff, and I was glad to help out the community when and where I could. There are many people I am going to miss, but the fire isn't being brought anymore.

I started out a year ago, as a Keeper back when Coast was still on staff. I was in a call with them and asked, Coast specifically said not to give me that. Saying that I was a troll, and was a horrible decision. Helz gave me a shot at it, and I like to think I did a good job, there were hiccups at times. Like the Tafkal incidences for example, and my very involved nature trying to change the order of how we did things to be more active presence. I mellowed out, and started training keepers later months as new keepers joined and left. I quit for a short week for when Coast was kicked off staff for "selling points", which I believed firmly he didn't do. I have always stuck by what I thought was right. I know I have butted heads with a few staff, but overall I think I have done my job well. I think those who have been involved with the community have done a good job. We all love the game and mod, and it wasn't an easy decision to do this.

This is your trusted Sheriff Jailor, True MvP. Saying Goodbye!

Love you all!

By the way SuperJack still owes me a Pizza.

Reposting this because apparently for all my work we should stuff all the staff quits in one thread.
    Very respectful guys.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

37. ISO #37

I guess we can play a game. Every time this is merged I will add 1 little piece of scummy information regarding current leadership. These will range from sorta "Man that is dirty" to "Flat out offensive as hell abuse of power". Orrr.. you could just leave the thread up. Your call.

Take care.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Bruno is allowed a thread on "Why is Frog Autistic" but each staff member isn't allowed a thread to say goodbye?
    Really?
    Why are the two subjects related?

These goodbye threads were all planned together and you guys can have one thread for your one event. That way, we can discuss it all and say goodbye in one area instead of 6 threads going on at once.

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Re: Annual Leave Train 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tossangel View Post
    Try to pretend to have some class and let each person who has volunteered their time to this community have a thread to say goodbye.
    I second this.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by FYRE View Post
    What is going on xD
    Why is everyone leaving at once
    Please don't leave me with shitters like Brendan and oops_ur_dead
    Because the PR is too much for us to handle :o
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

46. ISO #46

You guys know what you're doing, anyway. You are creating threads over and over and separate threads to gain attention. If you actually want to say goodbye, then why not just do it.
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why you guys are doing what you're doing lol
    True, it's attention.
    But not the undesired kind, it's the attention that is specific to themselves. Making it a single thread will make it YMMV and lessen the effect of the goodbyes.

Some of the goodbyes will be drowned by posts making it so their last word were not seen and interpretted the way they wanted, giving additional frustration for doing an accidental supression.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Tossangel View Post
    Try to pretend to have some class and let each person who has volunteered their time to this community have a thread to say goodbye.
    Seriously? Fred makes a thread encouraging staff to "leave train". Members decide to follow, and merging their posts into a singular spot so everyone can discuss it is classless? All I did was change the topic from the rude "choo choo" to the same meaning with kinder words.

What is the difference between one memorial thread for all of you leaving due to one event, and one thread for each person? The only reason why someone would repeat making the threads after they've been merged is to expand how many people see it. But let me tell you, people will see this thread MORE than they would taking time to read 6 separate threads.

Listen, me merging your threads together isn't to minimize the affect of all of you leaving. I know you guys are trying to show staff a corrupt, ect, by making these topics at the same time and such, but merging them together does not prevent that from happening. Nothing was removed, or deleted, you're still allowed to post your opinion. You are not being censored.

Anyone can understand the alterior motive behind these threads, so please don't try to play dumb.

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Seriously? Fred makes a thread encouraging staff to "leave train". Members decide to follow, and merging their posts into a singular spot so everyone can discuss it is classless? All I did was change the topic from the rude "choo choo" to the same meaning with kinder words.

What is the difference between one memorial thread for all of you leaving due to one event, and one thread for each person? The only reason why someone would repeat making the threads after they've been merged is to expand how many people see it. But let me tell you, people will see this thread MORE than they would taking time to read 6 separate threads.

Listen, me merging your threads together isn't to minimize the affect of all of you leaving. I know you guys are trying to show staff a corrupt, ect, by making these topics at the same time and such, but merging them together does not prevent that from happening. Nothing was removed, or deleted, you're still allowed to post your opinion. You are not being censored.

Anyone can understand the alterior motive behind these threads, so please don't try to play dumb.
    Why not both?

I see no reason why there can not just have a nice retirement momentum.
    And a topic to discuss the other topics.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

50. ISO #50

If you want to make goodbye threads where you actually have enjoyable things to say about your time with the community, go for it.
    But if you continue to insult staff and the community in your threads, it will be merged into this one.

That is all there is to it.
    Did you read my goodbye thread?
    I made one off hand comment about why I was leaving, the rest was nothing but good things.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.