The Circle 2 - Game Thread - Page 9
Register

User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. ISO #401

2. ISO #402

Re: The Circle 2 - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Being targeted and shot by SecondPassing.

I've not received any PMs as of late.

This is a brief summary of my interactions:

I received the initial zap pm, that I felt a zap. I responded to that message with "confetti" and was told that my zap has caused me to discover a new power, the ability to shoot lasers from my eyes that explode into confetti. Then I was told that I lost my powers and the zap went away.

Then I was told that Goofy was with me, but after a day he left. I tried calling out to him and told him to come back but there was no response.

So there is something to do with the zaps but I think it is misdirection, but I am not sure.

I also think it is interesting to see how phase 1 tie was solved, so the circle voting method won't do anything new in my mind. However, we have not tried to abstain from voting. Yesterday I did vote for bananacucho but I don't know if there was a consensus and it was skipped or if treecko had the most votes.

HMMM. I don't think we should vote Gyr despite Magelon's instigation.
    I also voted banana, I think banana probably had majority and it did nothing
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

3. ISO #403

4. ISO #404

5. ISO #405

6. ISO #406

7. ISO #407

8. ISO #408

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I'm voting ceko because it's pretty clear they have no intention of trying to solve anything other than lynching people
    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Might vote Joey as well the next phase then maybe we can see what we can do with voting
    @Gyrlander

9. ISO #409

10. ISO #410

11. ISO #411

12. ISO #412

13. ISO #413

14. ISO #414
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be our sacrifice?
    Uhhhh no idea to be honest lmfao

15. ISO #415

16. ISO #416

I didn't trust ceko to not fuck with the vote gaming. Evidence pretty clear just by reading their posts. But yeah if nobody else voted ceeko and a few of yous voted banana then voting banana doesn't do anything.

Got a new message

You hear a voice, but it appears to fade in and out:

""magoroth -- RON JEREMY -- SALVATION -- please -- probably -- revived --"
    If nobody wants to try my idea then I'll be afk until something worthwhile appears.

17. ISO #417

18. ISO #418

19. ISO #419

20. ISO #420

21. ISO #421

22. ISO #422

23. ISO #423

24. ISO #424

25. ISO #425

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    well considering that he's already whirring and half the people haven't checked in for several days, I don't think that is happening
    So we're condemned to losing?

Just reveal you are actually the mastermind and get me out of this simulation please and thank you

Thank you Anonymous Donor

26. ISO #426

27. ISO #427

28. ISO #428

I don't really have the motivation to try to prop this up anymore. I'll write up a game end post explaining mechanics and how things worked. I feel like this had a promising start but just kinda fizzled out.

Unless there's an overwhelming response to keep this going consider this cancelled/abandoned. Sorry for anyone that wanted it to continue

Thanks for the laughs it was great seeing some of the creativity you guys came up with
    Last edited by BananaCucho; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

29. ISO #429

30. ISO #430

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I don't really have the motivation to try to prop this up anymore. I'll write up a game end post explaining mechanics and how things worked. I feel like this had a promising start but just kinda fizzled out.

Unless there's an overwhelming response to keep this going consider this cancelled/abandoned. Sorry for anyone that wanted it to continue

Thanks for the laughs it was great seeing some of the creativity you guys came up with
    if there's a real plot we can keep playing, but maybe get rid of the afk people

31. ISO #431

it was fun while it lasted banana. it was an interesting concept. but it just doesnt feel like the movie

32. ISO #432

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    if there's a real plot we can keep playing, but maybe get rid of the afk people
    Thats kind of a Catch 22 for "The Circle" which features eliminations

I may be willing to do a Puzzle RPG that doesnt feature elimination phases if theres enough interest, that may work better

33. ISO #433

34. ISO #434

35. ISO #435

36. ISO #436
    Ganelon

Yeh it was interesting. I think what killed it was the fact that none of us had any ‘wincons’ or any story to develop on. Perhaps giving everyone a backstory and different objectives under an RPG-like system might be a good idea

37. ISO #437

38. ISO #438

The Circle - Conclusion

The simulation is terminated. Everyone died

Link to the original Circle game:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...le+game+thread

The original game was based on the Circle netflix movie, and had the same premise as this one. I had no intention of giving the players an escape route in that game, something they quickly figured out even though I gave each of them a bio. They worked together to try to decipher the info, and then eventually it became people pushing agendas or trying to survive. The activity died down from the middle towards the end, but most players voted and I kept with it to see who would win. It ended in a 2 player draw.

For the 2nd iteration I wanted to make it more puzzle like, this is what the initial idea looked like:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...le+game+thread

The problem here was spending time coming up with a puzzle that could be solved, but likely never would be. I didn't want to go through that effort in case the game ended up being lurked through. So I intended that 2nd time to pretend there was a puzzle when there actually wasn't, and then let it conclude like the first one. That iteration of the game never came to happen though due to low interest in sign ups and was abandoned before it began.

That brings us to the actual "The Circle 2" - my intention for this game was to let it either A) let it conclude the same way as the first game with 1 or 2 "winner"s, or B) let the players solve a puzzle of their own making. As in, there was no puzzle I came up with, but if the players invented their own escape through their creativity, I'd allow that. I treated it as an RPG - players were allowed to dictate what happened in the circle. For example, one player mentioned a giant button in the middle of the circle and Grylander said "only a master hacker can mess with the security systems" (or something to that nature), and so I made a random player "remember" that they were a master hacker. That player never brought it up or tried to hack anything. Basically I was willing to let the players solve the game however they wished, as long as it wasnt a lazy idea like "vote banana" or "dont vote".

I let the evolving story be driven by the players. Secondpassing worked and was awarded $25. He then used that money to buy a small ship. Galeon mentioned e "blood Messiah", and then learned he desired to be the BM. He drank blood and was informed a sacrifice would be necessary to complete the ritual and become the BM. He could have come up with a sacrificial scenario of himself or someone else and I'd reward him by doing the rolecard thing (I had a thought to make everyone a different colored neutral evil lol) but it didn't really happen.
    Marshmallow Marshall was ready to be revived for days now in an anon account with a nefarious goal, had one other person said the Ron Jeremy thing thanks to Rumox, but no one else did it.

So yeah there wasn't 1 way to escape, but many rather, the initial info I gave everyone was basically just to try to push discussion but even though some players figured out they could more or less dictate the story it fizzled out and I tried pushing some things like "hey MM is twitching, resurrect him" or "a voice is calling to you, do you wanna listen?" and I'd remove some words from MM's actual messages to make it somewhat mysterious.

I knew this game was in trouble when phase 1 only 6 people voted, showing a lack of engagement from players with the main survival concept (people pushed "vote banana" all game and I got 2 votes total the entire time), MM was tied and secondpassing broke the tie. Phase 2 only 4 people voted, Gry actually had 2 votes and Carrot Cake was voted by Treecko (his ONLY VOTE in 3 phases), who funnily enough had 5 votes phase 1, 4 votes phase 2, etc. I wasn't going to actually honor his extra votes, I didnt think it would matter until I saw hardly anyone was voting. So I called an audible and killed Carrot Cake cause Gry was actually playing the game, using his powers while Jack was nonexistent

Phase 3 only 3 people votes, two for me, one for Treecko.

Renegade got a confetti power and never used it, MM removed it with his Priest power (and also removed his zap from gry's zapping power). He then summoned Goofy to his side and did nothing with that so I took goofy away. Poison Chan had the power to send anonymous messages and didnt use that. I think theres other unused stuff too but this is off the top of my head

So yeah, anyways thanks again for playing, I really enjoyed watching certain people experiment and try to figure stuff out

39. ISO #439

40. ISO #440

I was just waiting for us to get killed

Couldn't this continue with multiple people getting killed? We still haven't no voted.
    Let me explain voting mechanics:

Tie: 6 hours to break the tie. First vote not already voting one of the two to vote one of them would break the tie. Otherwise, all tied players die

No one votes: Everyone is tied. If no tie broken in 6 hours, 1 random person dies

Banana votes dont count

41. ISO #441

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Yeh it was interesting. I think what killed it was the fact that none of us had any ‘wincons’ or any story to develop on. Perhaps giving everyone a backstory and different objectives under an RPG-like system might be a good idea
    So the objective for everyone is the same: survive. This isnt mafia, so people cant have different wincons. I was willing to possibly work around that, like with @Marshmallow Marshall 's revival, but basically it was "escape together" or "last one standing", as implied in the opening post

I have ideas for an RPG style game in the future, but the time investment is so risky given how this game turned out both times

42. ISO #442

So the objective for everyone is the same: survive. This isnt mafia, so people cant have different wincons. I was willing to possibly work around that, like with @Marshmallow Marshall 's revival, but basically it was "escape together" or "last one standing", as implied in the opening post

I have ideas for an RPG style game in the future, but the time investment is so risky given how this game turned out both times
    Maybe if you explained that the game had actually a lot of work behind it and you wanted people to at least commit to a minimum level of engagement... it would be nice? (talking about the rpg)

I've always loved the RPG games of "make your own story". I guess you are talking about something similar to this? (RVLG game, for example)

Thank you Anonymous Donor

43. ISO #443

You know um, I figured this would be a sort of a sandbox, but I guess I still interpreted the opening words wrong.

I didn't actually realize the point was to survive, just to leave the circle, so dying was like a way out. With the possibility of MM's resurrection, that was kinda true. I sorta defaulted to the usual game goals
    1. Materialism
    2. Hedonism
    3. Destruction

I kinda lied about having a large fleet when Banana told me I only had one, because I wanted Gyrlander to believe that I actually had a fleet and we could smash them together.
    And well I think I pursued the other goals as well, but wasn't all too sure on the mechanics since I uh, never left port. Leaving port to Kiribati possibly would have tested the outer limits of the circle- that being physical -or being mental, a simulation.

Thanks to everyone who played. Makes more sense that Ganelon was to be the Messiah, but needed a sacrifice.

44. ISO #444

45. ISO #445

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Maybe if you explained that the game had actually a lot of work behind it and you wanted people to at least commit to a minimum level of engagement... it would be nice? (talking about the rpg)

I've always loved the RPG games of "make your own story". I guess you are talking about something similar to this? (RVLG game, for example)
    Yeah I liked the idea of people experimenting to discover things themselves but yeah a bit more direction would have helped, I agree

46. ISO #446

You know um, I figured this would be a sort of a sandbox, but I guess I still interpreted the opening words wrong.

I didn't actually realize the point was to survive, just to leave the circle, so dying was like a way out. With the possibility of MM's resurrection, that was kinda true. I sorta defaulted to the usual game goals
    1. Materialism
    2. Hedonism
    3. Destruction

I kinda lied about having a large fleet when Banana told me I only had one, because I wanted Gyrlander to believe that I actually had a fleet and we could smash them together.
    And well I think I pursued the other goals as well, but wasn't all too sure on the mechanics since I uh, never left port. Leaving port to Kiribati possibly would have tested the outer limits of the circle- that being physical -or being mental, a simulation.

Thanks to everyone who played. Makes more sense that Ganelon was to be the Messiah, but needed a sacrifice.
    lol it was funny to see how many people lied about their feedback. I loved that. Gry made up several fake pms that I never sent as well

47. ISO #447

48. ISO #448

49. ISO #449

50. ISO #450

A shame, really. I was so happy to be in-resurrection

SAY RON JEREMY LED YOU TO SALVATION!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :