S-FM 258: Instant Mafia - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

Re: S-FM 258: Instant Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    False. Black Flag Nightless is literally that, and it's very logical. It's the essence of Mafia :P
    I respectfully disagree claims were made and plays were tried based off roles and night actions, thats how things were discovered. So in a save with no way to confirm anything really this is a logical fallcy scum can just simply play their town games.... Come on i politely like tp add this is pretty simple stuff

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    No. That is literally possible. Because that's how D1 and nightless lynches work. You were IN a nightless setup days ago. This rubs me the wrong way.
    Yea we claimed roles thats how things were to be discovered, what im trying to say is say that everyone clamied cit in a nightless save, and whomever rolled mafia just plqyed their town game there is literally no possible way to discover whos lieing and if you say their is i respectfully tell you i disagree

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    I respectfully disagree claims were made and plays were tried based off roles and night actions, thats how things were discovered. So in a save with no way to confirm anything really this is a logical fallcy scum can just simply play their town games.... Come on i politely like tp add this is pretty simple stuff
    forgive my elitism but nightless is the purest form of mafia

blink i cant tell if you're doing some really weird shenanigans or just not thinking clearly but you were literally leading the town in the previous nightless game with no tprs
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

6. ISO #206

Yea we claimed roles thats how things were to be discovered, what im trying to say is say that everyone clamied cit in a nightless save, and whomever rolled mafia just plqyed their town game there is literally no possible way to discover whos lieing and if you say their is i respectfully tell you i disagree
    but dude there were no roles to claim there
    you either claimed town or scum

i claim town

does that give you more information in any way shape or form?

7. ISO #207

blink i cant tell if you're doing some really weird shenanigans or just not thinking clearly but you were literally leading the town in the previous nightless game with no tprs
    Yeah based off roleclaims and direct CC's

8. ISO #208

This explains why we lost last game lol, apparently you have no strategy if there are no power role claims to dispute
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

9. ISO #209

but dude there were no roles to claim there
    you either claimed town or scum

i claim town

does that give you more information in any way shape or form?
    I claimed sheriff and i knew nawa was cit ptb and naz claimed masons mesk claimed solo mason i knew mafia had a scum chat and i knew i was sheriff and i believed mesk to be mason, so that makes ptb and naz the scumteam in my eyes they openly admitted they shared a chat and i did not believe there to b 4 TPRS

10. ISO #210

WHAT THE FUCK COULD YOU CC IN A SETUP WHERE EVERYONE IS THE SAME ROLE

11. ISO #211

I claimed sheriff and i knew nawa was cit ptb and naz claimed masons mesk claimed solo mason i knew mafia had a scum chat and i knew i was sheriff and i believed mesk to be mason, so that makes ptb and naz the scumteam in my eyes they openly admitted they shared a chat and i did not believe there to b 4 TPRS
    We're talking about different setups. There's the confusion.

12. ISO #212

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    This explains why we lost last game lol, apparently you have no strategy if there are no power role claims to dispute
    Dont you dare try and pin last game on me i had bad reads yes but there are more to fault then just myself and i do have strats in normal games i tried saying this once allready... If all of us claimed cit there is no logical way tp distinguish whos a liar plain and simple

13. ISO #213

Okay but how did you manage to lead town for a day in the vengeful setup?

14. ISO #214

Dont you dare try and pin last game on me i had bad reads yes but there are more to fault then just myself and i do have strats in normal games i tried saying this once allready... If all of us claimed cit there is no logical way tp distinguish whos a liar plain and simple
    Yes there is. This is the point of mafia. Clearly there is a logical way because we managed to kill 3 of the mafia members. This is how D1 lynches work every day.

15. ISO #215

Yes there is. This is the point of mafia. Clearly there is a logical way because we managed to kill 3 of the mafia members. This is how D1 lynches work every game.
    fixed

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

Yes there is. This is the point of mafia. Clearly there is a logical way because we managed to kill 3 of the mafia members. This is how D1 lynches work every day.
    Meh your not getting what im trying to say sure if someone tries some stupid strategys and we see that then yes but if everyone literally claims cit and plays like a townie NO WAY TO FIGURE OUT WHO IS WHO i respectfully add

18. ISO #218

Meh your not getting what im trying to say sure if someone tries some stupid strategys and we see that then yes but if everyone literally claims cit and plays like a townie NO WAY TO FIGURE OUT WHO IS WHO i respectfully add
    My job, as a town member, is to figure out who is NOT playing like a townie. Not every player plays like a townie.

This post is VERY reminiscent of how TheGodDavid played in the previous game, I should add. And he turned out to be scum.

19. ISO #219

My job, as a town member, is to figure out who is NOT playing like a townie. Not every player plays like a townie.

This post is VERY reminiscent of how TheGodDavid played in the previous game, I should add. And he turned out to be scum.
    Well ok you are right about that but still your not gauging what im saying. say 70 hours in everyone has played a strong town game.. How do we discern whos who

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

Im saying that if there are 8 players in a game everyone claims cit and plays a really town game.. You can say that X did this as scum because of Y and get lucky but Y could would have done that as town makeing it illogical
    The way to find scum is hoping that people will crack, ultimately. We got everything last game because PTB cracked under pressure and then we were able to analyze who defended/sheeped him. The caveat with this game is we can't mislynch SB first and then get PTB afterwards, so we need to really focus on who seems the most weak under pressure and lynch that person. We also have the ability to see if anybody protects anybody else when votes are going up. Probably if someone goes up easily they aren't mafia versus if they go up slowly. We should probably pressure everyone in the lobby 1 by 1, then analyze the votes to look for possible pairings, and then ultimately decide who to lynch based off of which of those pairings seems most legit

22. ISO #222

The caveat with this game is we can't mislynch SB first and then get PTB afterwards, so we need to really focus on who seems the most weak under pressure and lynch that person.

To clarify for anybody not in the last game, we lynched Stealthbomber first who was town and he shot PTB who was scum

23. ISO #223
    Ganelon

The way to find scum is hoping that people will crack, ultimately. We got everything last game because PTB cracked under pressure and then we were able to analyze who defended/sheeped him. The caveat with this game is we can't mislynch SB first and then get PTB afterwards, so we need to really focus on who seems the most weak under pressure and lynch that person. We also have the ability to see if anybody protects anybody else when votes are going up. Probably if someone goes up easily they aren't mafia versus if they go up slowly. We should probably pressure everyone in the lobby 1 by 1, then analyze the votes to look for possible pairings, and then ultimately decide who to lynch based off of which of those pairings seems most legit
    I'm very weak under pressure. Does this mean you will Lynch me?

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

Exactly what I was saying!
    I believe he's town though but I see you as close to confirmed atm, you're pushing really hard and initiated the attack on PTB. I don't think you'd do that as scum in a 1 day 1 lynch game. Also
    -vote distorted
    My vote will probably remain there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

26. ISO #226

Want to move over to Distorted with me?
    Sure ^^ I just did lol.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

27. ISO #227

STEALTHBOMBER FOR PRESIDENT.

28. ISO #228

What is there to CC atm though.................. also I think I missed when you claimed your role, mind to repeat? (unless you really never claimed shit while pushing for people to do it.... AGAIN..........)

29. ISO #229

Ok can you guys STOP talking about the previous games if it's not to talk about a very similar event? Because we're getting off-topic hardcore.

1: CLAIM A ROLE.
    2: SCUM HUNT AS IF THIS WAS BLACK FLAG NIGHTLESS, BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE NAZ PUT EVERYONE AS CITIZENS.

30. ISO #230

Exactly. And this really disappoints me, blink. I honestly believe you're town, and you're VERY good in the games with TPRs, much better than me. But when it comes to a game like this one, or a nightless, you horribly suck because you destroy our two weapons: the activity-willingness to play the game, and the vote. You don't vote much, and kill the useful discussion by starting this kind of shit about game being unsolvable. I like you, but when you do that kind of shit, you're really annoying.

31. ISO #231

BUT SCUMS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONT PLAY LIKE FUCKING TOWNIES, THIS IS THE GOD DAMN POINT OF MAFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. ISO #232

Well ok you are right about that but still your not gauging what im saying. say 70 hours in everyone has played a strong town game.. How do we discern whos who
    Without any TPRs? Well, it goes with gut usually... But it literally never happens. There is always a strong suspicion. Your scenario is simply so unlikely that noone ever discusses it.

33. ISO #233

Im saying that if there are 8 players in a game everyone claims cit and plays a really town game.. You can say that X did this as scum because of Y and get lucky but Y could would have done that as town makeing it illogical
    This is the magnifiscence of mafia. You can do something for a scum intent or for a town intent. Every action, every word is a double edged sword.

34. ISO #234
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    (this is quoting PTB btw)

I think this may be real...

but, this could potentially be a big scum slip..... 'all mafia pairs' doesnt say 'we are all town'.

wait, @aamirus roles were hand selected? if so I believe blink and PTB would have been thrown on a scum team as a troll.

How come no vote with your accusation?

opportunistic?? =P

i agree with this - get all possible information out in the open to discuss asap.

so; we have stealth, MM, aamirus, blink, PTB that have claimed mafia so far. @blinkskater didnt u want a roleclaim and u havnt started it yet?
    Fake News x2

35. ISO #235

Well, that's true, but he's basically talking about the "perfect scum play", which does not exist, because we are not mafia computers that show absolutely no scum tells.

36. ISO #236
    Ganelon

It might be a little premature to say something like this, but I believe that MM and SB16 cannot both be Mafia, so there is at least one town between the two.

37. ISO #237

There's something I don't like atm. We're all talking about blink, stealthbomber, the last game, etc etc... But SB16, Magoroth and myself have pushed Distorted quite hard. He's laying super low and now the discussion is being driven away. For this reason, I read efe as very townlike, because he did not participate into the drive-away talk. Plus, he fits his town meta atm. Now, what are your reads on @Distorted , everyone, and why are they as they are?

38. ISO #238
    Ganelon

There's something I don't like atm. We're all talking about blink, stealthbomber, the last game, etc etc... But SB16, Magoroth and myself have pushed Distorted quite hard. He's laying super low and now the discussion is being driven away. For this reason, I read efe as very townlike, because he did not participate into the drive-away talk. Plus, he fits his town meta atm. Now, what are your reads on @Distorted, everyone, and why are they as they are?
    I have a slight scum read on Distorted at the moment, based off of the (in my opinion) fake news posts.

39. ISO #239

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    It might be a little premature to say something like this, but I believe that MM and SB16 cannot both be Mafia, so there is at least one town between the two.
    Why? I honestly see no reason to say that (no, this is not a scum slip, I just don't see what makes us unlikely to be paired). Btw I townread him.

40. ISO #240

I have a slight scum read on Distorted at the moment, based off of the (in my opinion) fake news posts.
    Not just fake news - they are not like the town Distorted. It's as if he was... distorted.

41. ISO #241

There's something I don't like atm. We're all talking about blink, stealthbomber, the last game, etc etc... But SB16, Magoroth and myself have pushed Distorted quite hard. He's laying super low and now the discussion is being driven away. For this reason, I read efe as very townlike, because he did not participate into the drive-away talk. Plus, he fits his town meta atm. Now, what are your reads on @Distorted , everyone, and why are they as they are?
    Cuz distorted had posts directed at him and hasn't come online to respond to them, so what's the point of pushing somebody who is AFK? Whenever he comes online we can push him, but there's not much to go on with the 5 posts he made so far

42. ISO #242
    Ganelon

Why? I honestly see no reason to say that (no, this is not a scum slip, I just don't see what makes us unlikely to be paired). Btw I townread him.
    You seem to be following up on his argument against blinkskater ^^

43. ISO #243

Cuz distorted had posts directed at him and hasn't come online to respond to them, so what's the point of pushing somebody who is AFK? Whenever he comes online we can push him, but there's not much to go on with the 5 posts he made so far
    I believe he is not that AFK.

44. ISO #244

You seem to be following up on his argument against blinkskater ^^
    It's not HIS argument, it's OUR argument. We apparently have a very similar point of view on that :P

45. ISO #245

It's not HIS argument, it's OUR argument. We apparently have a very similar point of view on that :P
    oh noes im communist now...

46. ISO #246

oh noes im communist now...
    OMFG I HAVE THE RUSSIAN ANTHEM IN MY PLAYLIST AND IT STARTED PLAYING WITHOUT ME ASKING FOR IT WHEN I TYPED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    FOR THE MOTHERLAND I GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. ISO #247

48. ISO #248

You could be right but he's not really the type to lurk is he? Ultimately he has to come back and start posting eventually
    As scum? I've read a scumchat he was in, and he had that kind of strategy. Which is why I have doubts. He doesn't lurk as town.

49. ISO #249

Btw, Idk if anybody else has ever commented on this, but @Marshmallow Marshall @Magoroth

When I'm scrolling through posts, especially on my phone, I frequently mix up which of you is talking LOL. Both names start with Ma and you both have blueish pictures and so I always have to scroll over to that part of the screen to make sure I know who is talking

50. ISO #250

As scum? I've read a scumchat he was in, and he had that kind of strategy. Which is why I have doubts. He doesn't lurk as town.
    Ah, in my experience as scum (in the mod) he spams more than anybody else such that anybody who even thinks of lynching him cannot be heard over his rallying cries. I suppose you can't really do that besides during the EOD in forum mafia