Taking the same single name you everytime choose should be considered as Name Abuse.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Taking the same single name you everytime choose should be considered as Name Abuse.

As I said in the tittle, there are a lot of people taking the same name over and over again which they make themselves obvious who they are. I think it should be name abuse and must be at least 2x watchlist reason. This is not should be only considered as coloured names, it should be considered as non coloured names as well since they can pick the same name over and over again.

2. ISO #2

Re: Taking the same single name you everytime choose should be considered as Name Abuse.

It doesn't give an unfair advantage to these players. Also, if we start controlling names just because they're constantly the same, the WL system will be overloaded...
    However, I get your point. I tell people to not always pick the same name. However, it is a personal strategy. You can't WL people for that.

3. ISO #3

Re: Taking the same single name you everytime choose should be considered as Name Abuse.

We are working on a new name abuse policy that should become public this week.

However, I do not find this to be likely to be included. Especially because if you repeatedly choose the same name, you risk being meta'd by the other players, and thus putting yourself at a disadvantage when, for example, you're very quite as scum, people figure that out, and start lynching you fast if you're quiet because they think you're scum.

4. ISO #4

Actually it does, if he were to pick the same name over and over again people will think that "oh he is picking this name all time and gets town everytime, i may trust him" or "oh he is picking this name all the time, he s always evil i won t trust him or maybe even if i am detective or somethink i ll check him!" and even though the player sare aware of them they still didnt stop using these names they did.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Actually it does, if he were to pick the same name over and over again people will think that "oh he is picking this name all time and gets town everytime, i may trust him" or "oh he is picking this name all the time, he s always evil i won t trust him or maybe even if i am detective or somethink i ll check him!" and even though the player sare aware of them they still didnt stop using these names they did.
    I don't think people think that way.

Edit: Maybe some people do, but it's not a widespread enough issue to be addressed in my opinion, picking the same name every time is a total meta call. I used to play with one of my old friends and I could always tell who he was because he never capitalized his name.
    Last edited by deathworlds; August 22nd, 2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

6. ISO #6

I almost always use a color name, and so it's usually pretty obvious who I am. I blacklist 7 town roles, so people usually assume that I'm evil. That's a disadvantage for me, which I'm aware of whenever I choose a name. It's a risk that's worth taking, in my opinion. In my humble opinion, using names that reveal your SC2 identity isn't name abuse.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    I don't think people think that way.

Edit: Maybe some people do, but it's not a widespread enough issue to be addressed in my opinion, picking the same name every time is a total meta call. I used to play with one of my old friends and I could always tell who he was because he never capitalized his name.
    It is easy to find a player's SC2 name just by looking at the naming pattern. As the god-king said, capitalizing your name (or not doing it) is already a pattern. You can't ask everyone to change completly his naming patterns.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Anyone dumb enough to trust Sweet Jones deserves to mislynch 3 town then get BMed and lose ngl
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

start new meta, always turn off custom names

mods should increase list of non-custom names to make non-custom games more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    names are meta, meta is part of the game.
    the only things that should be considered name abuse are ones that effect the mechanics of the game, not the meta.
    SJ is right. Name Abuse is having a blank name so everyone forgets you (e.g. .), or having a name so big that it blocks your role in the graveyard.

13. ISO #13

Honestly... Having the same name over and over only hurts you in the long run. Maybe it could be a intent to fail? That is so hard to judge though.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

14. ISO #14

This can get worse honestly if you combine it with prefer and blacklist. Someone can prefer veteran, picks diablo with a colored name, and attract all town protectives by night 1.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

15. ISO #15

Easy solution: If you use prefer or blacklist you get a random Italian name
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

16. ISO #16

Then you have squrrel whom everyone will start automatically pming him role and lw despite him not being confirmed yet giving him an unfair advantage because everyone just automatically trusts him for some reason. Though I personally know that he's 90% of the time evil and automatically kill him asap if in jailor or vig regardless of his claim

17. ISO #17

names are meta, meta is part of the game.
    the only things that should be considered name abuse are ones that effect the mechanics of the game, not the meta.
    DAS RIGHT.

If you know how certain players think and behave, you can use that knowledge to make informed decisions. Manipulate them; gain their trust; investigate them or subject them to public scrutiny knowing that they're probably evil; take advantage of players' dislike towards certain others to push a lynch/mislynch; etc.

Alternatively, if it's just a matter of personal grudges, then the meta tests how well players can set aside their personal biases in order to play the game objectively.
    Last edited by Exeter350; September 1st, 2017 at 11:29 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

18. ISO #18

Now that you say it, I did unintentionally keep NOT the same name (one part was always changed) but it was obvious who I am. Alright, it does ruin the fair game with unknown people behind the roles. I will not repeat the same mistake.

19. ISO #19

Was..was this thread indirectly about me hybrid..Cuz I think it was.
    Last edited by Scvmurderer; October 6th, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Scvmurderer View Post
    Was..was this thread indirectly about me hybrid..Cuz I think it was.
    In cykablyatland, we have a special picture for this???.jpg
    ЧСВ - Feeling of Self Importance
    it has negative meaning in cykablyatland.
    Last edited by Nawa; October 7th, 2017 at 08:06 AM.
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa View Post
    Lol. Fuck cykablyatland if they are against the Dark Lord. CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

23. ISO #23

Hard to call it self importance when hybrids rager for the lynch train is well known.
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

24. ISO #24

Hard to call it self importance when hybrids rager for the lynch train is well known.
    It rose after the thread.
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

25. ISO #25

It rose after the thread.
    I was already using the name when this thread popped. I read this thread again today and realized hybrid was the poster. It made me realize the connection.

26. ISO #26

I was already using the name when this thread popped. I read this thread again today and realized hybrid was the poster. It made me realize the connection.
    hard to tell now
    and there are many of same name users
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

27. ISO #27

hard to tell now
    and there are many of same name users
    Guess we'll never know.

28. ISO #28

Guess we'll never know.
    it was cuz of Squirrel lol as well as omegasaur theyr takin same name voer n over again omega gets killed asap lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

29. ISO #29

it was cuz of Squirrel lol as well as omegasaur theyr takin same name voer n over again omega gets killed asap lol
    Well you cleared that up

30. ISO #30

If a player chooses to lynch "Squirrel" over and over again that's on them. There's nothing wrong in using the same name because people hate the person. This is a problem for simple minded people who use their grudges as legitimate leads.
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    If a player chooses to lynch "Squirrel" over and over again that's on them. There's nothing wrong in using the same name because people hate the person. This is a problem for simple minded people who use their grudges as legitimate leads.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Usually ifTHE LYNCH TRAIN is in the game then that game is probably going to turn out pretty interesting.

34. ISO #34

Usually ifTHE LYNCH TRAIN is in the game then that game is probably going to turn out pretty interesting.
    Everythings nteresting when Gods around.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Then why are LYNCH TRAIN games interesting, then
    A heretical apostate appears!

37. ISO #37

Then why are LYNCH TRAIN games interesting, then
    Because all the autists try to lynch him although he is more than likely a town role, so it rats out the evils, and the occasional arso just makes chaos for everyone. Truly is glorious.

38. ISO #38

Because all the autists try to lynch him although he is more than likely a town role, so it rats out the evils, and the occasional arso just makes chaos for everyone. Truly is glorious.
    Can't argue that argument
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一