Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
  1. ISO #701

2. ISO #702

3. ISO #703

4. ISO #704

Re: S-FM 196: QT 3.14

-unvote
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

5. ISO #705

-vote Kovath
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

6. ISO #706

-vote Unknown1234
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #707

8. ISO #708

9. ISO #709

10. ISO #710

-vote BananaCucho
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

11. ISO #711

12. ISO #712

13. ISO #713

Day 3

Once upon a time, there was a little boy called Duck. The little boy called Duck wanted the Host to confirm him as Town.

The Host decided to grant Duck's wish.

PLZLEAVEDUCKK was mod-killed for rule-breaking. He was a member of the Town!

Nobody was lynched.

Setup

Day 3 ends in 71 hours

With 5 players alive, 3 votes to hammer.

Players Roles
    @BananaCucho
    Firebringer
    @MattZed
    @Kovath
    @Helz
    PLZLEAVEDUCKK
    @Unknown1234
    Mafia
    Mafia

Town
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town

The Mafia's night kill has been disabled.

Votes have been reset.

Old Vote Count

Kovath (2 [L-2]):
    Unknown1234, BananaCucho
    BananaCucho (2 [L-2]):
    Helz, Kovath

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4

Day 5
    Last edited by Calix; May 30th, 2016 at 04:36 PM.

14. ISO #714

15. ISO #715

-vote BananaCucho

16. ISO #716

-vote BananaCucho

17. ISO #717

18. ISO #718

19. ISO #719

20. ISO #720

-vote Unknown1234

21. ISO #721

22. ISO #722

-vote Kovath

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

25. ISO #725

26. ISO #726

27. ISO #727

28. ISO #728

-vote Kovath

After reading into things for a few hours hopefully this is correct. In spite of the hostilities and frustrations expressed in this game it was a pleasure guy. This setup really challenged my abilities to scum hunt. GG

29. ISO #729

30. ISO #730

31. ISO #731

Link to all of the QT Chats

Host thoughts: I'd like to note a few observations about this experiment.

1. QTs have the same apathy-inducing effect as anonymous accounts. While activity was reasonable (~900 posts across 15 chats), many complained about the slow pace, communication difficulties and other players' indifference. I would not recommend a repeat.

2. The game was useful in determining one thing.

Players do not know how to scum-hunt without going back to associations.

Analysing for a player's intent was paramount. Reeling off a list of classic scum tells would not cut it.

Too many players were trying to scum-hunt using associative tells, gaps in certainty, and bussing without realising that they were not applicable to the same extent in this game.

Running more setups with uninformed/ solo scum would help alleviate this problem. (granted, changing the Mafia's name to 'Neutral Evil' may have made this point clearer)

I say this as the host so feel free to suggest your own improvements.

3. Game seemed to drive players insane, evidenced by some...questionable actions taken. Apparently it's the law that someone must break the rules in games that I host.

4. I don't often do MVP votes. I feel they simplify the events of a team game down to one player. However, given the results of LYLO, how he trusted MattZed until the last day, and how inactive he was the rest of the time, Kovath deserves a special mention for being the third member of the Mafia.

10 votes to hammer.

-vote Kovath

(in all seriousness, this is why you don't sign up for 67946437 games at once )

32. ISO #732

33. ISO #733

GG everyone! Quite the experimental setup that tests the bounds of how mafia is to be played. I'm not sure I would encourage QT chats to replace day chats in the future due to the lull in activity everyone seemed to feel this game, it was interesting to test out the mechanic.

I do agree with Calix's point that it would be a good idea to try more carefully managed uninformed scum games on the site in the future; it's possible to find scum without them knowing their partners, and it could be a good skill for our site to hone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

34. ISO #734

35. ISO #735

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I just laughed calix showed me one of the PTs.
    Matt played "perfectly" lol.

Matt, you were so scummy I thought you were just being town scummy matt.
    I labelled quite a few thigns you did as scummy.

Like your reaction to my "advice" for scum.
    Scummy.
    The fact that you felt this way is the reason I tried to get you lynched D1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

36. ISO #736

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I just laughed calix showed me one of the PTs.
    Matt played "perfectly" lol.

Matt, you were so scummy I thought you were just being town scummy matt.
    I labelled quite a few thigns you did as scummy.

Like your reaction to my "advice" for scum.
    Scummy.
    There is a link to ALL of the QTs at the top of my 'host thoughts' post.

Do you even read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

37. ISO #737

38. ISO #738

39. ISO #739

To the certain players that bagged on me for not being "invested" enough in the game (two of them seemed to just sheep that idea off of Helz) (even though my day 1 activity was in the middle of the pack), who then dropped off and disappeared for most of the night phase that I was in: suck a dick and fuck yourselves.

Well played to MattZed for being so town read day 1 that he could literally be super complacent and cruise by without question after.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

40. ISO #740

41. ISO #741

42. ISO #742

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Link to all of the QT Chats

Host thoughts: I'd like to note a few observations about this experiment.

1. QTs have the same apathy-inducing effect as anonymous accounts. While activity was reasonable (~900 posts across 15 chats), many complained about the slow pace, communication difficulties and other players' indifference. I would not recommend a repeat.

2. The game was useful in determining one thing.

Players do not know how to scum-hunt without going back to associations.

Analysing for a player's intent was paramount. Reeling off a list of classic scum tells would not cut it.

Too many players were trying to scum-hunt using associative tells, gaps in certainty, and bussing without realising that they were not applicable to the same extent in this game.

Running more setups with uninformed/ solo scum would help alleviate this problem. (granted, changing the Mafia's name to 'Neutral Evil' may have made this point clearer)

I say this as the host so feel free to suggest your own improvements.

3. Game seemed to drive players insane, evidenced by some...questionable actions taken. Apparently it's the law that someone must break the rules in games that I host.

4. I don't often do MVP votes. I feel they simplify the events of a team game down to one player. However, given the results of LYLO, how he trusted MattZed until the last day, and how inactive he was the rest of the time, Kovath deserves a special mention for being the third member of the Mafia.

10 votes to hammer.

-vote Kovath

(in all seriousness, this is why you don't sign up for 67946437 games at once )
    Yes, I'm the only one guilty of an activity dip and trusting MattZ... Oh wait, what?

Nice job making me thr scapegoat because I was the lynch on LyLo.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

43. ISO #743

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Yes, I'm the only one guilty of an activity dip and trusting MattZ... Oh wait, what?

Nice job making me thr scapegoat because I was the lynch on LyLo.
    You should try reading the rest of the post.

I can concede that your inactivity stands out when you were posting in other games.

44. ISO #744

45. ISO #745

wp mattzed, after your day1 I would have never voted you in final 3 against anyone.

Biggest problem with this setup is that players who are strongly town read after day 1 pretty much can just coast to the end. Mattzed and Helz had very little communication past day 1 when I was still in the game and I don't see anything that could flip such a strong town read.

46. ISO #746

Hmm......

I knew it was him. Good job accusing everyone that you wernt scum MZ to the point no one wanted to vote you at all! =)

47. ISO #747

I wouldn't mind seeing QT's implemented in between days in some game. I think it was the fact that players knew there would never again be any normal chat that made them painful. If a day chat was going to return I would imagine people would set up all kinds of plans and codes and such. I would say the other issue with the setup is that there was no incentive to lynch. If my summer semester had not just started I probably would have tried to drag things out to milk the game for as much information as possible. Town pretty much could have taken as much time as they wanted to chat and sort through the players with absolutely no fear of any kind of repercussion.

I gotta give MZ props on his play. I think he did very well. No matter how many things looked suspicious to me I had to look away when considering Unknown and Kovath as options. Bananas scum peg was more based off her very odd reasoning for passing out town tells on players and total lack of negative interactions than some activity or meta stuff.

All in all I kinda wish the QT's had played differently. But fun game.

48. ISO #748

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing QT's implemented in between days in some game. I think it was the fact that players knew there would never again be any normal chat that made them painful. If a day chat was going to return I would imagine people would set up all kinds of plans and codes and such. I would say the other issue with the setup is that there was no incentive to lynch. If my summer semester had not just started I probably would have tried to drag things out to milk the game for as much information as possible. Town pretty much could have taken as much time as they wanted to chat and sort through the players with absolutely no fear of any kind of repercussion.

I gotta give MZ props on his play. I think he did very well. No matter how many things looked suspicious to me I had to look away when considering Unknown and Kovath as options. Bananas scum peg was more based off her very odd reasoning for passing out town tells on players and total lack of negative interactions than some activity or meta stuff.

All in all I kinda wish the QT's had played differently. But fun game.
    Why did you think me and Banana were partners? I didnt think that would have happened

49. ISO #749

Now that I'm not posting at 2AM in the morning because I couldn't fall back asleep, I think I've gotten a bit more level-headed.

I admit my play in the QT phase was rather lackluster and my relative deficit in activity ended up precipitating town's loss (although it's curious no one pinged MZ for very similar behavior).

My main point was just that I think it's more correct to give credit to MZ for this victory (since EVERYONE was hard townreading him in this game) rather than saying... I was the third mafia member. Lol. Maybe it's just an issue of pride.

Thank you for hosting this, Calix. It was a unique game, definitely a very long and at times slow one, but I think still very fun and instructive. Bravo for the experimentation too
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

50. ISO #750

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Now that I'm not posting at 2AM in the morning because I couldn't fall back asleep, I think I've gotten a bit more level-headed.

I admit my play in the QT phase was rather lackluster and my relative deficit in activity ended up precipitating town's loss (although it's curious no one pinged MZ for very similar behavior).

My main point was just that I think it's more correct to give credit to MZ for this victory (since EVERYONE was hard townreading him in this game) rather than saying... I was the third mafia member. Lol.
    MZ did indeed do well in setting up the town credit needed to cruise to victory. I think he was only voted 2-3 times the entire game, which is quite impressive.

As I said before, I personally think 'MVP' as an idea is bullshit and the equivalent of a participation medal. MVP used to be a bigger thing on this site that gave you points on the 'ladder' (look at the post-games for any game before September/ October of 2015; landfills of salt everywhere) and all it did was make post-game discussions unproductive and petty. I only used it as a poke

I've had shit thrown at me for not participating much when I joined 3-4 games at once too.

Maybe it's just an issue of pride.
    You'll fit right in, lol. Do you have Skype, by any chance?

Thank you for hosting this, Calix. It was a unique game, definitely a very long and at times slow one, but I think still very fun and instructive. Bravo for the experimentation too
    Glad to hear you like experimental setups, heheh