S-FM 258: Instant Mafia - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #251
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM 258: Instant Mafia

Let's talk about role claiming for a bit.

1. Assuming we DO have TPRs (preferably, non-Mason TPRs) - by role claiming, we will out them. As aamirus has said before, revealed TPRs have a more difficult job at scumhunting. Sheriffs and Mayors can both weave WIFOM and trap scum.

2. Assuming we don't have TPRs: this setup effectively becomes a nightless and hard claiming is... well, bullshit.

It is also true that we may have an easier time figuring out who's telling the truth and who isn't, but the truth is, apart from the Mayor, no role in this game can easily confirm itself, beyond the shadow of a doubt. So I suggest we hold fast on the role claims, for at least 24 hours (that is, until the 24 hour mark).

I'm not sure how scum could figure out what roles to claim if we don't claim, unless the TPRs were to slip that they were TPR, in the likely event that we have at least one TPR.

2. ISO #252
    Ganelon

I would also like to add that MM is a strong town read for me atm

3. ISO #253

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Btw, Idk if anybody else has ever commented on this, but @Marshmallow Marshall @Magoroth

When I'm scrolling through posts, especially on my phone, I frequently mix up which of you is talking LOL. Both names start with Ma and you both have blueish pictures and so I always have to scroll over to that part of the screen to make sure I know who is talking
    Nope, you're the first to say that lol. And no way I change my avatar, it's a really rare and beautiful picture of Frostmourne :P I couldn't find it again... SO IT IS IMMORTALIZED THROUGH MY AVATAR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #254

Ah, in my experience as scum (in the mod) he spams more than anybody else such that anybody who even thinks of lynching him cannot be heard over his rallying cries. I suppose you can't really do that besides during the EOD in forum mafia
    XD yeah I know that.... it's the Scv tactic, it works pretty well
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

5. ISO #255

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Let's talk about role claiming for a bit.

1. Assuming we DO have TPRs (preferably, non-Mason TPRs) - by role claiming, we will out them. As aamirus has said before, revealed TPRs have a more difficult job at scumhunting. Sheriffs and Mayors can both weave WIFOM and trap scum.

2. Assuming we don't have TPRs: this setup effectively becomes a nightless and hard claiming is... well, bullshit.

It is also true that we may have an easier time figuring out who's telling the truth and who isn't, but the truth is, apart from the Mayor, no role in this game can easily confirm itself, beyond the shadow of a doubt. So I suggest we hold fast on the role claims, for at least 24 hours (that is, until the 24 hour mark).

I'm not sure how scum could figure out what roles to claim if we don't claim, unless the TPRs were to slip that they were TPR, in the likely event that we have at least one TPR.
    But stealth and distorted are the only two who didn't claim Citizen already (I think?) so there's not much left for the mafia to wonder if they didn't already claim.

Like I was in agreement with you before about the TPRs not needing to claim til later, but after everybody claimed I don't see the point anymore
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #256
    Ganelon

But stealth and distorted are the only two who didn't claim Citizen already (I think?) so there's not much left for the mafia to wonder if they didn't already claim.

Like I was in agreement with you before about the TPRs not needing to claim til later, but after everybody claimed I don't see the point anymore
    I guess you're right. Meh, I was still in 'not everyone has claimed' mode.

7. ISO #257
    Ganelon

@Distorted @Efekannn02 , care to comment? You have fewer posts than the host

8. ISO #258

Oh yeah, @Stealthbomber16 claim a role please

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

Well technically he claimed both mafia, and solo mason, so there's that :P
    Lol...

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

Ah, in my experience as scum (in the mod) he spams more than anybody else such that anybody who even thinks of lynching him cannot be heard over his rallying cries. I suppose you can't really do that besides during the EOD in forum mafia
    this is a very viable strategy and one i love doing
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

13. ISO #263

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    not citizen
    Oki, that's good enough for me. Not a cits vs goons setup

14. ISO #264
    Ganelon

this is a very viable strategy and one i love doing
    That honestly annoys the hell out of me, I had to suicide one game just so people would Lynch him xDDDDD

15. ISO #265

That honestly annoys the hell out of me, I had to suicide one game just so people would Lynch him xDDDDD
    Off-topic: why do you guys capitalize the "L" in "lynch"? Is it because you praise the only true god, the Lynch Train?

16. ISO #266
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Off-topic: why do you guys capitalize the "L" in "lynch"? Is it because you praise the only true god, the Lynch Train?
    Apparently, Apple decided that 'lynch' isn't a real word, whereas 'Lynch' is

17. ISO #267

Apparently, Apple decided that 'lynch' isn't a real word, whereas 'Lynch' is
    Spoiler : What you should do :

18. ISO #268

The way to find scum is hoping that people will crack, ultimately. We got everything last game because PTB cracked under pressure and then we were able to analyze who defended/sheeped him. The caveat with this game is we can't mislynch SB first and then get PTB afterwards, so we need to really focus on who seems the most weak under pressure and lynch that person. We also have the ability to see if anybody protects anybody else when votes are going up. Probably if someone goes up easily they aren't mafia versus if they go up slowly. We should probably pressure everyone in the lobby 1 by 1, then analyze the votes to look for possible pairings, and then ultimately decide who to lynch based off of which of those pairings seems most legit
    I did not crack under pressure last game. I made the mistake of pushing SB16 thinking he would back away/other people would jump on him for looking scummy by trying to sheep you. Also, any frustration I had that game was due to the fact that hybrid was actively trying to bus me within the first 3 hours of the game and I thoroughly disagreed with that strategy. However, you want to continue to state that I cracked, yet however, no one lynched me. No one pinned me down as definitely being scum with the exception of SB16 and I still was able to get him mislynched even in a situation where I knew I was going to die. I had you thoroughly confused to the point of where you made two separate potential scum teams, one in which you included all of my actual scummates on one team and you included me with 3 towns on another team. I was able to successfully use people scum reading me to make it so that you guys doubted my potential teammates. The fact that I was so willing to bus all of my teammates and was never going to unvote was strategy at its best. It was done so well that at the end of the game when voss took over a very scummy slot of hybrid, the final players had serious doubts that hybrid could be scum based on simply how hard I pushed them. That is not someone who "cracked" I took whatever bullshit you idiots were spouting and I used it to paint people with me as scummy. Which led to lenneth and fielz deaths. Someone cracking is falling under pressure. I never once did that in that game. Please stop asserting false narratives. Distorted and David were the most obvious scums in the history of the game last game, and distorted admitted it was because he was barely even paying attention to the game. He basically gave you a paint by numbers adventure book and only left a couple of the spots left in for you to figure out. Please stop patting yourself on the back because you were able to put a very obvious play together with little help.

Exactly what I was saying!
    The fact that you two agree on this, shows exactly how utterly retarded you both are.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'll be surprised if it's not PTB or Distorted, but it's not both.
    So it can be both of us but not together? We were both just scum last game. Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

The whole point of this game is to find the scum without relying on powerful roles with night actions
    Having the TPRs claim tpr is that if they have 0 counter claims than we know that person is probably the tpr and we should work with them if you are town. It would very imbalanced to list potential tprs and not to include any.

That being said, while still rude as usual, you seem a lot less on the defensive with these last three posts, so perhaps you’re not scum (or you learned to control yourself)
    I have yet to ever be defensive against you. I seriously think you have no idea what being defensive looks like. I also think you have no idea what defensive looks like in terms of PTB being defensive. You are borderline pissing me off though, so you should buckle in.

My point in mentioning that was to show you that you’re not always right or the ultimate player, which was in direct response to you essentially saying that you were
    Quote where I said I was always right or the ultimate player. I'm not the ultimate player, but I am better than you. And I've played enough games to know that "defensiveness" is NAI at best and not an actual indicator of alignment. I also know that "defensiveness" is subjective and says a lot more about you than it does the person you're claiming it against. I also know that it is your go to move, and you claimed like 4 people were defensive last game.

Me thinks thou art not the real PTB. Thou art a simple servant of thy scum intents.
    Just to reiterate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBOn0Whhyc

I don’t really see how the quotes match up here. You said I would insult your strategy to undermine you but all I did was point out that you were getting defensive just like you did last time.
    That's because you're fucking blind or cant read. I said you would claim that I was being defensive, and because I was being defensive last game and I'm supposedly doing it again this game you would compare that and state that I was scum last game so therefore, defensiveness = scum. You literally said exactly what I said you'd do almost verbatim. I do like how you gloss over it.

I believe we can start thinking about who could be PTB's partner.
    -vote powersthatbe
    And again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFi6AIs2t3c

Wtf is that discredit??? I would say this is close of being totally mean, INFAMOUS.
    Welcome to mantra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOgZVl8SdY

<------ your face atm.
    That was not my face. But it's okay. Someone with your low of IQ wouldn't know that.

But it could be you faking that, pulling a huge WIFOM... I know you are able to do it, so yeah. But honestly, I don't see a world where both of you are scum. Nor blink + disto.
    Again this makes no sense. I wont even dignify it.

Okay... so watch the videos and read the teal text, because that's how I feel about you two shit for brains trying to paint this stupid dumb ass fucking shit that I was somehow upset or bothered by what you said earlier. I wasn't, but now I'm fucking annoyed as all get out because really? This is what you spent your time doing? Trying to dissect how I was personally feeling in the game? How about you two take your heads out of each other's asses and learn how to actually scum hunt. My mental or emotional health has never and I MEAN NEVER been an indicator of my alignment. I am a cunt. I have always been a cunt, and I will continue to be a cunt, both inside and outside of FM games. So stating that I am "upset" or even trying to go that route is absolutely fucking shit tier play. Trying to get under another players skin to some how find out their alignment just absolutely shows how weak of a player you are specifically Aamirus. MM is actually not that bad, but the way he eggs you on is kinda indicative that both of you are scum or he's scum and you're just a shit for brains.

Now, as I continue let me state this again so that it is crystal clear. I am an asshole, I am aggressive, I am NEVER passive aggressive or shady. If I have a problem I will state my problem regardless of my role or lynch danger. I do not get bothered or crack under any type of pressure. So, really, what you say doesn't bother me especially when it's game related. What bothers me is when someone is spreading inaccurate information and just absolutely refuses to listen to what someone says to them.

Aamirus another reason that your play is shit is because it's literally stuff children do. "YOU'RE MAD, I KNOW YOU'RE MAD" (in a mocking tone). Then when someone says "Nah I'm cool." You continue to repeat they are mad until they actually become mad because of your annoying behavior. This shit stops right here. You will not sit here and tell people they are bothered or attack whether or not they are being defensive or whatever bullshit you said before in either game, for two reasons. 1. It's not game related and therefore fucking a retarded way to play. 2. It's fucking stupid to base your reads off of whether or not someone gets annoyed by you calling them stupid or just stating they're bothered by your opinions. I can be defensive or pissed off and be scum, town, neutral or what have you. It's not conducive play, and it will not serve you in the future, and you are becoming a liability to the town if you are town.

Now, once again. You will cut that shit out or I will come at you full force. If you would like to see what is in store for you, shall you continue to push me and my buttons. Go ahead and read some of this game, where I took on both blink and mesk. Both of which are smarter and more capable at holding arguments and fighting back. I will absolutely destroy you in a debate or any argument Aamrius, so please, honestly, please continue pressing me. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...=instant+mafia

Now. I'd like you both to apologize for that erroneous shit you were pulling earlier, and promise me that you will not sit here and try to attack anyone else for the remainder of the game about whether or not they are "upset" or bothered by your childish bullshit. Do I make myself clear?

19. ISO #269

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

Spoiler : long post :
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I did not crack under pressure last game. I made the mistake of pushing SB16 thinking he would back away/other people would jump on him for looking scummy by trying to sheep you. Also, any frustration I had that game was due to the fact that hybrid was actively trying to bus me within the first 3 hours of the game and I thoroughly disagreed with that strategy. However, you want to continue to state that I cracked, yet however, no one lynched me. No one pinned me down as definitely being scum with the exception of SB16 and I still was able to get him mislynched even in a situation where I knew I was going to die. I had you thoroughly confused to the point of where you made two separate potential scum teams, one in which you included all of my actual scummates on one team and you included me with 3 towns on another team. I was able to successfully use people scum reading me to make it so that you guys doubted my potential teammates. The fact that I was so willing to bus all of my teammates and was never going to unvote was strategy at its best. It was done so well that at the end of the game when voss took over a very scummy slot of hybrid, the final players had serious doubts that hybrid could be scum based on simply how hard I pushed them. That is not someone who "cracked" I took whatever bullshit you idiots were spouting and I used it to paint people with me as scummy. Which led to lenneth and fielz deaths. Someone cracking is falling under pressure. I never once did that in that game. Please stop asserting false narratives. Distorted and David were the most obvious scums in the history of the game last game, and distorted admitted it was because he was barely even paying attention to the game. He basically gave you a paint by numbers adventure book and only left a couple of the spots left in for you to figure out. Please stop patting yourself on the back because you were able to put a very obvious play together with little help.

The fact that you two agree on this, shows exactly how utterly retarded you both are.

So it can be both of us but not together? We were both just scum last game. Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

Having the TPRs claim tpr is that if they have 0 counter claims than we know that person is probably the tpr and we should work with them if you are town. It would very imbalanced to list potential tprs and not to include any.

I have yet to ever be defensive against you. I seriously think you have no idea what being defensive looks like. I also think you have no idea what defensive looks like in terms of PTB being defensive. You are borderline pissing me off though, so you should buckle in.

Quote where I said I was always right or the ultimate player. I'm not the ultimate player, but I am better than you. And I've played enough games to know that "defensiveness" is NAI at best and not an actual indicator of alignment. I also know that "defensiveness" is subjective and says a lot more about you than it does the person you're claiming it against. I also know that it is your go to move, and you claimed like 4 people were defensive last game.

That's because you're fucking blind or cant read. I said you would claim that I was being defensive, and because I was being defensive last game and I'm supposedly doing it again this game you would compare that and state that I was scum last game so therefore, defensiveness = scum. You literally said exactly what I said you'd do almost verbatim. I do like how you gloss over it.

That was not my face. But it's okay. Someone with your low of IQ wouldn't know that.

Okay... so watch the videos and read the teal text, because that's how I feel about you two shit for brains trying to paint this stupid dumb ass fucking shit that I was somehow upset or bothered by what you said earlier. I wasn't, but now I'm fucking annoyed as all get out because really? This is what you spent your time doing? Trying to dissect how I was personally feeling in the game? How about you two take your heads out of each other's asses and learn how to actually scum hunt. My mental or emotional health has never and I MEAN NEVER been an indicator of my alignment. I am a cunt. I have always been a cunt, and I will continue to be a cunt, both inside and outside of FM games. So stating that I am "upset" or even trying to go that route is absolutely fucking shit tier play. Trying to get under another players skin to some how find out their alignment just absolutely shows how weak of a player you are specifically Aamirus. MM is actually not that bad, but the way he eggs you on is kinda indicative that both of you are scum or he's scum and you're just a shit for brains.

Now, as I continue let me state this again so that it is crystal clear. I am an asshole, I am aggressive, I am NEVER passive aggressive or shady. If I have a problem I will state my problem regardless of my role or lynch danger. I do not get bothered or crack under any type of pressure. So, really, what you say doesn't bother me especially when it's game related. What bothers me is when someone is spreading inaccurate information and just absolutely refuses to listen to what someone says to them.

Aamirus another reason that your play is shit is because it's literally stuff children do. "YOU'RE MAD, I KNOW YOU'RE MAD" (in a mocking tone). Then when someone says "Nah I'm cool." You continue to repeat they are mad until they actually become mad because of your annoying behavior. This shit stops right here. You will not sit here and tell people they are bothered or attack whether or not they are being defensive or whatever bullshit you said before in either game, for two reasons. 1. It's not game related and therefore fucking a retarded way to play. 2. It's fucking stupid to base your reads off of whether or not someone gets annoyed by you calling them stupid or just stating they're bothered by your opinions. I can be defensive or pissed off and be scum, town, neutral or what have you. It's not conducive play, and it will not serve you in the future, and you are becoming a liability to the town if you are town.

Now, once again. You will cut that shit out or I will come at you full force. If you would like to see what is in store for you, shall you continue to push me and my buttons. Go ahead and read some of this game, where I took on both blink and mesk. Both of which are smarter and more capable at holding arguments and fighting back. I will absolutely destroy you in a debate or any argument Aamrius, so please, honestly, please continue pressing me. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...=instant+mafia

Now. I'd like you both to apologize for that erroneous shit you were pulling earlier, and promise me that you will not sit here and try to attack anyone else for the remainder of the game about whether or not they are "upset" or bothered by your childish bullshit. Do I make myself clear?

Mhm... I dont have time to fully read that atm, but now I'm thinking two things: 1: you're town and 2: you're an asshole when you play FM. Going to elaborate on those points, especially the first, later.

24. ISO #274

If you're a TPR please claim now. TY.
    Sb16 claimed "not citizen".

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

5 votes to hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

weed GG

Distorted was lynched! His role was Mason
    (solo mason lolz)

Mafia wins.
    Congratulations to @blinkskater & @aamirus !!!
    Link to scum chat: https://discord.gg/8tRxCEg

I'm on my phone, sb16 was mayor.

Good job town for letting scum hammerino.

s.warn @Distorted for signing up for games but being obsessed with rust. stop signing, hybrid.
    Last edited by naz; June 30th, 2018 at 05:35 PM.
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

31. ISO #281

Congrats morons.

I had a feeling Aamirus was scum by the way she tried to paint me as scum. I also had a feeling blink was scum because he was uncharacteristically agreeable. I WAS going to make a post isoing him and solidfying who I thought were scum.

I'm just so proud town threw votes on someone and just walked away. GREAT JOB.

32. ISO #282

Congrats morons.

I had a feeling Aamirus was scum by the way she tried to paint me as scum. I also had a feeling blink was scum because he was uncharacteristically agreeable. I WAS going to make a post isoing him and solidfying who I thought were scum.

I'm just so proud town threw votes on someone and just walked away. GREAT JOB.
    No you thought I was just being stupid lmao go in the scum chat

33. ISO #283

I almost was going to PM distorted and tell him he was mason and actually give him a quicktopic link but not tell him he was solo mason lmfaooooo

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

I honestly cackled reading this

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

39. ISO #289

I liked all of this post except for this one bit, and for completely out of game reasons. Don't resort to IQ comments please.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

44. ISO #294

To be fair, on the first post it does say 6 votes to lynch rather than 5.
    yes, that was a mistake, that was because my original setup post was for all 11 signs.

but if everyone read the setup/simple thinking, it was clearly 5 votes to lynch

45. ISO #295

Wow LOL WP SCUMS :P

Blink, you just put more on that meta that if I read you as town, I must lynch you. Aamirus, MVP.

46. ISO #296

@Marshmallow Marshall @Stealthbomber16 @Magoroth y'all a disappointment.
    Meeeeeeeh. Just MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. Be disappointed, you were cancerous. Not us.
    -vote aamirus
    very well played

47. ISO #297

CHOO CHOO LYNCH THE SCUM! also naz.......... solo mason............................................. .................................................. .......................... s.slap @naz tallah

48. ISO #298

i fuckin' love how the scum coordinated that vote, that was hilarious to me. what a funny way to go.
    Me too lol

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300

Meeeeeeeh. Just MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. Be disappointed, you were cancerous. Not us.
    -vote aamirus
    very well played
    thank you bb but because of that accidental L-2 business we scums didn't really end up getting to do much! Real MVP is 24hour no lynch timer that confused people