Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student

Role Cards

Teacher: You can reveal once during the day, confirming yourself as the teacher and allowing 2 players to be lynched that day. Roles are revealed at the end of the day.

Student: You have the power of vote.

Mathematics Problem: This role has 3 different levels (roles). If you are Level 3 and get lynched you lose.
    1. Polynomials Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill).
    2. Integration Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's mind for the next day (Corrupted means only being able to speak 50 different random words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.)
    3. Geometry Problem: Destroy a Student's or Teacher's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's or Teacher's mind for the next day. (Corrrupted [GEOMETRY LEVEL] means only being able to speak 30 different words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.) Your presence summons random simple Maths problems that if the solution is not posted by EoD a random player will suicide.

Corrupted Student: You have the power of vote. Your mind has been corrupted by Maths homework.

Win Conditions

Students Lynch the Geometry Problem.

Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Students: Make all Students and the Teacher suicide (Night Kill) or see them lynched.

Special Mechanics: Mathematics Problem & Corrupted Student transformations

The Mathematics Problem is more of a "faction role" than a "player role". This means that when the Mathematics Problem dies a random Corrupted Student will get converted to the Mathematics problem OF THE NEXT LEVEL. If a Corrupted Student is lynched the current Mathematics problem will level up. If the Mathematics Problem [LEVEL 3] is lynched there will be no more Corrupted Students so the faction will be wiped out and lose.

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours.
    Nights last 24 hours.
    Majority & Non-Mandatory Lynch.
    Yes Last Wills & No Death Notes & No Suicides
    The Mathematics Problem and the Corrupted Students share a Night Chat.

Order of Actions

0. Teacher reveals
    1. Mathematics Problem Kills / Corrupts

Rules of Conduct

No OGC (out of game communication)
    Insults are alright, but don't be extreme.
    Don't quote PMs.
    English only.
    Be active. Being active also means contributing to the game. Host has total discretion about this.
    Images and videos are allowed, but don't spam them.
    No excessive use of unrelated posts.
    Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace, modkill or agressive warn at the host's discretion.
    Don't spam excessively

Last edited by Gyrlander; April 22nd, 2018 at 08:24 AM.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM Mathematics Class

LMAO basically scum has 2 lives before getting lynched for real. Right?

Can corrupted people vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    LMAO basically scum has 2 lives before getting lynched for real. Right?

Can corrupted people vote?
    Yes. Also, in case Town has very bad luck Evil will advance to the next level if they don't get lynched every 2 days.

Yes.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Yes. Also, in case Town has very bad luck Evil will advance to the next level if they don't get lynched every 2 days.

Yes.
    I disagree with this mechanic. If town sucks let them suck. Lol. It's already very hard for the math problem IMO.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

I disagree with this mechanic. If town sucks let them suck. Lol. It's already very hard for the math problem IMO.
    Going to do something. If the Math problem gets lynched a Student will be converted at next day start. This way there won't always be a NK.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

This is like Lady Gaga but even more difficult

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

Yeah this setup is a little too difficult and RNG-ey-reliant in my opinion. I agree with Ozy here, I simply don't see how town could possibly win this with 10 people at game start. It might work with 15-16 or something like that, but I think town will just Lynch each other - this is basically a cult game where the cult convert at random and only upon death. Maybe change the Teacher's ability from the Marshal's Lynch to something that prevents a Math problem from converting someone that day. Maybe a day ability with two charges?

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I'm sorry but I fail to see what is Town supposed to do apart from lynching randomly? How can they find the math problems?

Also, in a world where the Teacher died early - 3v1 = auto win for the math problem if it was never lynched before, right?
    Using... day talk. And less fucking Night Actions.

And they have Teacher as a trump card.

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

Using... day talk. And less fucking Night Actions.

And they have Teacher as a trump card.
    Good luck using Day talk when someone will turn scum out of nowhere, >inb4 the best and most pro-town player turns Mathematical Problem and rage quits

14. ISO #14

Using... day talk.
    That's the thing though.
    I am rather new to FM so idk anything else than pressuring people or checking everyone's messages for possible alignments/teams.
    Which is why I don't know how to find try to find someone, who is without a team, by just talking.

Can you expand your answer a little for someone new as me?

15. ISO #15
    Ganelon

That's the thing though.
    I am rather new to FM so idk anything else than pressuring people or checking everyone's messages for possibly alignments/teams.
    Which is why I don't know how to find try to find someone, who is without a team, by just talking.

Can you expand your answer a little for someone new as me?

He means reading people's messages and looking for possible scum slips/strategies/intention/agendas. I honestly don't see how that could possibly happen since, once the Mathematical Problem dies, whoever becomes the next Math problem will be completely RNG'd - it could be anyone in the game other than the Teacher.
    @Gyrlander , does the Student become the next Math Problem immediately upon the latter's Lynch or does that happen after the ensuing night?

16. ISO #16
    Ganelon

OK this was a troll post, ignore this. Sorry. lol
    Last edited by ; April 20th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    He means reading people's messages and looking for possible scum slips/strategies/intention/agendas.
    Ahh, so it's a game for pros only then. Because I remember me re-reading all of Grylander messages 3 times in the Spirits game and I he was my TOP town read.

And this game I imagine it would be even a lot harder since the one evil can just play along and not have any agenda to speak of. Would be purerly random lynching to me so I know I can't handle the level of mind game this game is about to produce.

18. ISO #18

Yeah this setup is a little too difficult and RNG-ey-reliant in my opinion. I agree with Ozy here, I simply don't see how town could possibly win this with 10 people at game start. It might work with 15-16 or something like that, but I think town will just Lynch each other - this is basically a cult game where the cult convert at random and only upon death. Maybe change the Teacher's ability from the Marshal's Lynch to something that prevents a Math problem from converting someone that day. Maybe a day ability with two charges?
    Isn't it similar to Cult saves?

19. ISO #19

The issue I see is there is no reason for a scum to be scummy. No alignments, so what would chat reveal? everyone would be a student so there is nothing to actually be scummy over except maybe protecting yourself. even then, a scum wouldent care TOO much being lynched and losing just due to there is no1 else relying on him to win.

I see the only viable strategy for town to be is skip until the scum is lvl 3, then start looking. due to after 2 days the leads from the previos 2 days are completely null.

I think add a second scum thats constant, but now we are just replicating the gaga setup with a slighlty different mechanic....

I dunno, I just feel something is missing. You can't scumhunt without the scum having a purpose to be scummy.

Skip D1/D2 - D3 = 2 dead lvl 2 scum.

Skip D3/D4 - D5 = 4 dead lvl 3 scum

so on D5 we are now at 5v1 with a scum who dies when they are lynched. any other strategy is anti town.

20. ISO #20
    Ganelon

Isn't it similar to Cult saves?
    No - in cult saves you at least have some idea of who might be converted. Strong TPRs like Jailor/Vigilante, Lookout, Coroner, Mayor, Marshall. And Citizens.

21. ISO #21

Would you guys feel better if it were a three people scum team one being the maths problem and the other two corrupted students and if the math problem gets lynched a student becomes the next level and if a corrupted student gets lynched the current Maths problem levels up?

22. ISO #22

Would you guys feel better if it were a three people scum team one being the maths problem and the other two corrupted students and if the math problem gets lynched a student becomes the next level and if a corrupted student gets lynched the current Maths problem levels up?
    this would be good would give alignments to search for.

23. ISO #23
    Ganelon

That sounds like a good idea actually, maybe slightly raise the number of players to 13-14 or something.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

No - in cult saves you at least have some idea of who might be converted. Strong TPRs like Jailor/Vigilante, Lookout, Coroner, Mayor, Marshall. And Citizens.
    And Lady Gaga? Hum, I mean... I understand your point but I think that with day conversation you also should be able to find scum. Imagine a 4 citizen 1 Mafia team. Would Mafia be impossible to find?

26. ISO #26

And Lady Gaga? Hum, I mean... I understand your point but I think that with day conversation you also should be able to find scum. Imagine a 4 citizen 1 Mafia team. Would Mafia be impossible to find?
    with certainty, yes. It is completely random - having played Voss' 5 person narrator a lot (3 cits 1 mayor 1 mafia) it is very very random and very little reads on it.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Hm, I think we have a lot of the Mod influence here lol.
    lol i was actually about to make a post saying

"remember you are playing with a bunch of people whom their experience with mafia is primarily the mod" =P haha

but I think the skipping to day 5 strategy is literally hte only viable strategy for town. I just see that making for a really slow game.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    The issue I see is there is no reason for a scum to be scummy. No alignments, so what would chat reveal? everyone would be a student so there is nothing to actually be scummy over except maybe protecting yourself. even then, a scum wouldent care TOO much being lynched and losing just due to there is no1 else relying on him to win.

I see the only viable strategy for town to be is skip until the scum is lvl 3, then start looking. due to after 2 days the leads from the previos 2 days are completely null.

I think add a second scum thats constant, but now we are just replicating the gaga setup with a slighlty different mechanic....

I dunno, I just feel something is missing. You can't scumhunt without the scum having a purpose to be scummy.

Skip D1/D2 - D3 = 2 dead lvl 2 scum.

Skip D3/D4 - D5 = 4 dead lvl 3 scum

so on D5 we are now at 5v1 with a scum who dies when they are lynched. any other strategy is anti town.
    The fact of getting a scum card makes you scummy. You know you are a minority being hunted by the rest of the players and that any mistake would be fatal. The pressure on you makes you sweat and make mistakes that other players will notice.

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Because once skipped to day 5, fingers crossed teacher is alive.

5v1 - teacher revealed

3 towns 1 scum 1 teacher with 2 lynches

50 50 shot hitting scum for the teacher =P lol
    or teacher can gamble further and just wait until D6, where its 4v1, teacher reveals lynches 2 people. 2/3 chacne of winning for town there.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

I'll make the faction change I mentioned earlier when I get back home for the sake of everyone feeling they are able to solve the game. And if everyone enjoys more a faction setup, who am I to question them?
    the great cat empress?

My strategy would be push for a skip until day 5 to make the setup a Voss narrator bot setup =P (5 player)

34. ISO #34

The fact of getting a scum card makes you scummy. You know you are a minority being hunted by the rest of the players and that any mistake would be fatal. The pressure on you makes you sweat and make mistakes that other players will notice.
    This is true if you are Efekann, but untrue if you are Grylander.

Btw, Distorted. Only a level 3 math problem can kill the Teacher. And a math problem can only level up when it gets lynched. How could a math problem be level 3 before Day5 if Town skipped all previous days? (refering to your comment on skipping to Day5 and hoping that the Teacher is still alive)

35. ISO #35

Btw, Distorted. Only a level 3 math problem can kill the Teacher. And a math problem can only level up when it gets lynched. How could a math problem be level 3 before Day5 if Town skipped all previous days? (refering to your comment on skipping to Day5 and hoping that the Teacher is still alive)

wrong

math problems level up every 2 days regardless of lynches or kills.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Going to do something. If the Math problem gets lynched a Student will be converted at next day start. This way there won't always be a NK.
    Why not make it so a Student gets converted if the Math Problem doesn't get lynched during 2 days straight? ^^

Also why is the math problem a train??? Lol
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; April 20th, 2018 at 03:13 PM.

40. ISO #40

False. Efe is good :P and there was 0 pressure on gyr in the Spirits game, we gave her the game (YES HER!!!)

41. ISO #41

If the simple math problem is wrong, is the random suicide limited to only students or can the geometry problem suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

42. ISO #42

Why not make it so a Student gets converted if the Math Problem doesn't get lynched during 2 days straight? ^^

Also why is the math problem a train??? Lol
    Yeah, the Train thing is a mistake because I used Cat Empress as a template lol.

You mean converted to evil or substitutes the problem?

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Yeah, the Train thing is a mistake because I used Cat Empress as a template lol.

You mean converted to evil or substitutes the problem?
    Converted to evil. Would add some flavour.

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Let me know after the discussion is complete and it's ready to be reviewed.

Note about scum hunting.
    In normal games it's easy because teams are set from the start so you have the whole informed minority to hunt for the entire game, and everything from day 1 leaves information.

In normal cult games, it gets a little more difficult/different, and the way you scum hunt has to change. You are looking for inconsistents and change in behaviour, as early on your unlikely to find the leader/original. But when people get converted, their alignment and behaviour change, and you use this to scum hunt and find them, scum can't plan their plays from early game and have to evolve and adapt how to play. But there is still a scum team to hunt.

But from what I gather this game is currently a lone team the entire game, and you can't even use WiFom to guess who was converted due to random convert.
    It really does evolve down to who is the best solo player. It's still possible to scum hunt, it's just close to the super duper difficult end of the spectrum.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

47. ISO #47
    Ganelon

Mathematics Class

Roles List

Mathematics Problem
    Teacher
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student
    Student

Role Cards

Teacher: You can reveal once during the day, confirming yourself as the teacher and allowing 2 players to be lynched that day.
    If they are a Student they won't die and return the following day. Roles are revealed at the end of the day.

Student: You have the power of vote.

Mathematics Problem: You have 3 different levels (roles). You gain 1 level each time you get lynched. If you get lynched a random Student will become the next level Mathematics Problem at the start of the next day. If you are Level 3 and get lynched you lose.
    1. Polynomials Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill).
    2. Integration Problem: Destroy a Student's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's mind for the next day (
    Corrupted means only being able to speak 50 different random words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.)
    3. Geometry Problem: Destroy a Student's or Teacher's will to live at night (Night Kill), along with corrupting a Student's or Teacher's mind for the next day. (Corrrupted [GEOMETRY LEVEL] means only being able to speak 30 different words provided by host. Using another word means dying. You get 1 warning.) Your presence summons random simple Maths problems that if the solution is not posted by EoD a random player will suicide.

Win Conditions

Students Lynch the Geometry Problem.

Trains: Make all Students and the Teacher suicide (Night Kill).

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours.
    Nights last 24 hours.
    Majority & Non-Mandatory Lynch.
    Yes Last Wills & No Death Notes & No Suicides

Order of Actions

0. Teacher reveals
    1. Mathematics Problem Kills / Corrupts

Rules of Conduct

No OGC (out of game communication)
    Insults are alright, but don't be extreme.
    Don't quote PMs.
    English only.
    Be active. Being active also means contributing to the game. Host has total discretion about this.
    Images and videos are allowed, but don't spam them.
    No excessive use of unrelated posts.
    Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace, modkill or agressive warn at the host's discretion.
    Don't spam excessively

One could create sort of a code by which they would still be able to meaningfully communicate. You'd have to provide such a list of words that it would be very difficult or impossible to communicate in any meaningful way.

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

Password Protected:
    Spoiler : WTF? HOW DID YOU GUESS THE PASSWORD? :
    I rather they learn how to click the yellow triangle called "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text"
    Password is WTF? HOW DID YOU GUESS THE PASSWORD?

Also, more accurate defintion where's the spoiler button:

If password doesn't work - here's the message:
    I rather they learn how to click the yellow triangle called "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text"[/SPOILER][/COLOR]
    Also: "Able to speak 50 diffent random words"

There's infinity ammount of words, look what words i know:

Trecentimillitremyritrimilliduotrigintatrecentilli on,
    pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconsis,
    lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotri mmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyp hophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleio lagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon,
    pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism,
    spectrophotofluorometrically,
    semihemidemisemihemidemisemihemidemisemiquaver,
    aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriol ic

But the longiest of them, is titin’s chemical name - it has 189.819 letters, so i wouldn't type it here.
    If you want to read it, follow this link
    EDIT: Long words divide somehow on this forum, IDK why.
    Last edited by Arsonist; April 21st, 2018 at 10:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.