S-FM 218: Mafia Wars III - Page 46
Register

User Tag List

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 2399
  1. ISO #2251

Re: S-FM 218: Mafia Wars III

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    myslynch us, kill double kindappers, argue kidnapper is mole who jailed fire

there were some ideas but most of them were stretched to the point hwere it seems unlikely. my issue is that the game did get called prematurly and not a proper "ok all sucms give up"
    It'll basically be one Serial Killer vs a mob of TPRs after yuki is lynched/kidnapped. This aint the mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

2. ISO #2252

3. ISO #2253

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I agree with you that he shouldn't have done that

But no lol there was no path to victory here. That's why I said it shouldn't be called cancelled. Town won this game, should be laddered, etc
    I agree with banana here.
    This game was a town win no matter how you look at it.
    If you want to put it in the ladder as completed thats fine.

Was it balanced? Hell No, Should it have been approved with this role list? No
    But our ladder has had alot of fucking unbalanced games so honestly doesn't matter.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

4. ISO #2254

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Listen Ika, you don't know what your talking about half the time here.

I didn't game throw because the scum had no chance in this game anymore. So the game should have ended. Your point about it being gamethrowing is invalid.

I didn't grief because that implies i have a history of ruining games. That is invalid.

I am not here to argue that what I did was acceptable.

I came here to tell you why I did it.
    Take it or leave it, but don't tell me that my opinions and reasons are invalid because "I signed up for a game", as if its my duty to play a fucked up game.

Host trolled me. I decided to give it back.
    Was I justified?
    Nope.

Neither was he.
    Crime: Griefing
    Griefing is trolling to the point of the game being ruined.

this is what you ddi fire, your point about it unwinnable is invaild

you could of also replaced out or not signed up. when you sign you are obligated to play no matter how bad

5. ISO #2255

6. ISO #2256

7. ISO #2257

I agree with banana here.
    This game was a town win no matter how you look at it.
    If you want to put it in the ladder as completed thats fine.

Was it balanced and never should have been approved in first place? Hell no.
    But our ladder has had alot of fucking unbalanced games so honestly doesn't matter.
    Doesn't matter.

Mafia Wars II was unbalanced as fuck. People were angry for multiple reasons.

Did that stop anyone from signing up for this game? No.

People are going to play it no matter how town-sided it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

8. ISO #2258

Listen Ika, you don't know what your talking about half the time here.

I didn't game throw because the scum had no chance in this game anymore. So the game should have ended. Your point about it being gamethrowing is invalid.

I didn't grief because that implies i have a history of ruining games. That is invalid.

I am not here to argue that what I did was acceptable.

I came here to tell you why I did it.
    Take it or leave it, but don't tell me that my opinions and reasons are invalid because "I signed up for a game", as if its my duty to play a fucked up game.

Host trolled me. I decided to give it back.
    Was I justified?
    Nope.

Neither was he.
    Serious note and constructive criticism:

@MattZed could take an few notes on game balance. This is not the first time that completely unbalanced games have come out of his shop (the FM having sleep walking citizens that could have run into vet for example). Like this game was stupid town heavy especially with 2 town kidnappers. I thought one of them for sure should have been scum - except not cause, its a MattZed game.

Maybe @Cryptonic or @Orpz can help you with picking roles for your setup? The setups themselves can work but the roles you pick make them broken.
    Last edited by BananaCucho; December 8th, 2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

9. ISO #2259

Crime: Griefing
    Griefing is trolling to the point of the game being ruined.

this is what you ddi fire, your point about it unwinnable is invaild
    In the sc2 mod we only take griefing as a repeatable offense over a time frame.
    I don't consider my actions here griefing in anyway.

I wasn't trolling.
    Trolling implies i was out to ruin everyones time.
    I was out to ruin only MattZed.

10. ISO #2260

11. ISO #2261

The argument about FB's game-throwing is just distracting from the balance issues which need to be addressed to make this game enjoyable to play.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

12. ISO #2262

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    The argument about FB's game-throwing is just distracting from the balance issues which need to be addressed to make this game enjoyable to play.
    ^^
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

13. ISO #2263

Doesn't matter.

Mafia Wars II was unbalanced as fuck. People were angry for multiple reasons.

Did that stop anyone from signing up for this game? No.

People are going to play it no matter how town-sided it is.
    I think I complained about that game role list post game too.
    I have the worst amnesia ever.

14. ISO #2264

15. ISO #2265

The ladder isn't even going on what r u people saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

16. ISO #2266

17. ISO #2267

18. ISO #2268

19. ISO #2269

It's important to discuss it here too where all the players are.

I don't think that the Kidnappers were THAT overpowered. No Lynching is very rare.

It was just that the D1 No Lynch turned out to be fatal for the scum due to the town circle that formed and the resulting 2 KPN that the town had.

20. ISO #2270

21. ISO #2271

Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post
    You guys keep saying how town is pratically guaranteed to win this,
    but me Sen and Yuki were 1 day away from winning when we literally killed no one pre-slip.
    No you weren't. You guys couldn't win together and you only had two dead townies at that point iirc.

22. ISO #2272

Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post
    You guys keep saying how town is pratically guaranteed to win this,
    but me Sen and Yuki were 1 day away from winning when we literally killed no one pre-slip.
    I doubt the setup was exactly the same at that time though.

What were the differences ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

23. ISO #2273

I EXIST
    fucketh me in the ass

24. ISO #2274

25. ISO #2275

I don't think that the Kidnappers were THAT overpowered. No Lynching is very rare.

It was just that the D1 No Lynch turned out to be fatal for the scum due to the town circle that formed and the resulting 2 KPN that the town had.
    Yeah it makes no sense to lynch when you can take down 2 scums with double kidnapper

Dat almost turbo lynch tho...

Tbh I was playing heroes with ika and dw AND DARKNESS AND UNKNOWN at the time of the almost turbo lynch and I looked at my phone and saw we were L-2 and just didn't care to come claim. I kinda hoped it would have happened and then town lost so they could learn a lesson in not doing that.

26. ISO #2276

27. ISO #2277

i mean the game is unlikely to have lynches because two town are directly opposing doing lynches because of there role.....

28. ISO #2278

Yeah it makes no sense to lynch when you can take down 2 scums with double kidnapper

Dat almost turbo lynch tho...

Tbh I was playing heroes with ika and dw AND DARKNESS AND UNKNOWN at the time of the almost turbo lynch and I looked at my phone and saw we were L-2 and just didn't care to come claim. I kinda hoped it would have happened and then town lost so they could learn a lesson in not doing that.
    You guys should come Over to Europe.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

29. ISO #2279

i mean the game is unlikely to have lynches because two town are directly opposing doing lynches because of there role.....
    2/13 players is not that much. Cancer was at L-1 so it wasn't like the Kidnappers were a major influence here.

In this setup, the scum essentially HAVE to push for a lynch every single day because their aim is to weaken the town and their enemies as soon as possible. Kidnapper is a weak scum role so they have to limit the influence of any town-aligned ones.

It actually makes more sense for town to deliberately No Lynch on Day 1 in the case that they have a Kidnapper.

30. ISO #2280

2/13 players is not that much. Cancer was at L-1 so it wasn't like the Kidnappers were a major influence here.

In this setup, the scum essentially HAVE to push for a lynch every single day because their aim is to weaken the town and their enemies as soon as possible. Kidnapper is a weak scum role so they have to limit the influence of any town-aligned ones.

It actually makes more sense for town to deliberately No Lynch on Day 1 in the case that they have a Kidnapper.
    then any setup that has a potential to have a jailing role should no lynch day 1 each time? cus thats what i am understadning now

31. ISO #2281

32. ISO #2282

Also the fact that both the kidnappers got the GF didn't help scum, knowing from a confirmed townie there are 2 kidnappers got the entire town to rely on them.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

33. ISO #2283

2 kidnappers

On top of 2 underbosses and an agent

On top of GF/Consig

That's 7 TPRs spawning vs 3 spawned scum on two different teams. One nut hangs decidedly lower than the other.

34. ISO #2284

then any setup that has a potential to have a jailing role should no lynch day 1 each time? cus thats what i am understadning now
    In this specific setup, with a host who gives zero fucks about balance, it is a possible strategy.

It is not something that people have to follow.

Nowhere did I say that my theory applies to all setups with Jailors.

35. ISO #2285

2 kidnappers

On top of GF/Condit

That's 7 TPRs spawning vs 3 spawned scum on two different teams. One nut hangs decidedly lower than the other.
    I've discussed this but no one addressed it.
    fucketh me in the ass

36. ISO #2286

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    My problem is, it's not up to FB to decide the game is over. He took that upon himself to decide and that's what ticked me off. That said, I agree it was Town sided and needs to be balanced better in the future.
    I am the hero nobody asked for.

If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't trying to ruin your game and I am sorry if you felt it was ruined.

37. ISO #2287

2 kidnappers

On top of GF/Consig

Okay.

I was telling FB that 2 Kidnappers aren't a major influence on wherever town lynched or not.

I swear that people are not reading what I am writing here.

38. ISO #2288

39. ISO #2289

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    I've discussed this but no one addressed it.
    Sorry man it got mixed in with the sudden rush of posts that came along

If you could discuss this further in your trio we would appreciate it. Cause this happens a lot in MZs setups. Again this is constructive criticism but he never responds to any criticism of his games, not publicly usually.

40. ISO #2290

41. ISO #2291

42. ISO #2292

43. ISO #2293

44. ISO #2294

In this specific setup, with a host who gives zero fucks about balance, it is a possible strategy.

It is not something that people have to follow.

Nowhere did I say that my theory applies to all setups with Jailors.
    if a host doesn tgive a fuck and is know to do that then maybe

but i think for you to argue it moreso is that it needs to be applied in all cases. didnt the last game have 0 kidnappers or something?

i mena if a host doesnt give a fuck then it should be to FM staff to correct it and if it continues the game wont have signs to play

45. ISO #2295

46. ISO #2296

47. ISO #2297

if a host doesn tgive a fuck and is know to do that then maybe

but i think for you to argue it moreso is that it needs to be applied in all cases. didnt the last game have 0 kidnappers or something?

i mena if a host doesnt give a fuck then it should be to FM staff to correct it and if it continues the game wont have signs to play
    i mean should we open up mattzeds portfolio for examination?
    I don't really want to get him fired.

48. ISO #2298

i mean should we open up mattzeds portfolio for examination?
    I don't really want to get him fired.
    if anythign he should advertise it as bastard/potential to eb imballanced. i do think thoguh due to 2 previous game of it that it should show the standard of what would of been happening

49. ISO #2299

if anythign he should advertise it as bastard/potential to eb imballanced. i do think thoguh due to 2 previous game of it that it should show the standard of what would of been happening
    I mean, to be fair, most of the people from this game had played in a previous MW iteration before. In other words, I dunno if you don't need the "you will get wet" warning on a water slide.

50. ISO #2300