User Tag List

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 4142
  1. ISO #4051

2. ISO #4052

3. ISO #4053

Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    I agree with @rumox . Fuck flipless! Bring on the post restrictions! Min//Max lifted upon 1 hour to EOD.
    Yes! Burn the world to ashes! ANARCHY!!!!!

You know, the Setup Workshop is here for you to use, rumox and blink. If you want a post restriction setup, make one, or adapt another setup to post restrictions. I'm giving my opinion on the matter, though, and probably won't sign for a ton of post restriction games. A few could be nice, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4054

Marsh I think it just negatively affects the game when there is such a huge gap in activity among players. When there is 1 guy with 1000 posts and another with 10, how do you properly compare the 2 players in your head? Maybe post restrictions isn't the way to solve it, but then do you have any other ideas?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #4055

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You know, the Setup Workshop is here for you to use, rumox and blink. If you want a post restriction setup, make one, or adapt another setup to post restrictions. .
    PLEASE DON'T!

Post restrictions/requirements can be set up on the signup page.

So too can be lynch mechanics. So too can be basic role options such as wether or not Cop/Seer get's a n0 check, or wether or not Vigilante can attack N1.

If it was up to MM, there would be 10 versions of each setup in the setup page. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. ISO #4056

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Marsh I think it just negatively affects the game when there is such a huge gap in activity among players. When there is 1 guy with 1000 posts and another with 10, how do you properly compare the 2 players in your head? Maybe post restrictions aren't the way to solve it, but then do you have any other ideas?
    I love 50 post limit light games. But in this one, I have to agree with MM.
    It's up to the 1000 posts guys to limit themselves and it's up to the 10 posts guys to force themselves to be more active.
    In the podcasts I posted recently, they were talking about how they often intentionally limit themselves and how it's a pro-town thing to do. Like "I got such a huge case on someone whom I'm sure is a scum - that I know nobody is gonna read a case that long. So I split into parts, posting each part hours apart." Or how they try to pressure lurkers to become active, or how they try to discourage spammers of spamming (though they were talking about a 25 player game, so there spammers are an even bigger problem).
    To limit oneself is a skill like any other. On the Mafia University, it's the #1 guide.
    To discourage anti-town behaviors from other players is every townie's job.
    It's all part of the game.

Tbh, the game is solved primarily by reading and thinking. Those who spam are limiting their own scumhunting greatly, and so too they make the thread itself less productive and harder for the rest of the town.
    It's the players' fault.

To me, suggesting post restrictions to be a norm is like suggesting to remove crucial yet undervalued parts of the game.

Having said that. People just want to enjoy themselves, and it's more enjoyable when everyone is at the near same level of activity. So do we want to remove a part of the game by putting in babysitting-rules for those who can't control themselves in order to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else? It's not a bad idea. I would rather not, but it's just a matter of taste. Both sides are fine tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 1st, 2020 at 07:24 PM.

7. ISO #4057

8. ISO #4058

Well, if people did control themselves then we wouldn't be having this conversation ozy
    To my knowledge, nobody on this site has ever brought up the idea that too much activity can be anti-town too.
    You've been here longer, you can correct if I'm wrong.

But if I'm right, then I disagree with your conclusion because nobody has yet even tried to limit themselves since they are of the mindset of "the more actively they post the better it is for town".

As I said. I'm not actively against it, it's a matter of taste in my opinion.
    But tbh. Maybe some post limit games can be good for education purpose?
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 1st, 2020 at 10:38 PM.

9. ISO #4059
    Ganelon

Having post restrictions is a bad idea; they shouldn’t be a general site rule. Sure if the host wants to enforce post restrictions they can do as they please; it’s their setup.

10. ISO #4060

Jesus guys. So come up with a better idea? A "high activity only" game? What you're saying if you think about it for two seconds is not realistic at all. If I come into the thread and see someone attacking me I'm not just going to say nothing because "I don't want to post too much..."

11. ISO #4061
    Ganelon

Also too much activity isn’t anti town, it’s anti game. Nobody wants to read thousands of posts, but like if it’s not only just spam I see nothing wrong with it. I personally have no problem with high post count games but that’s just me. Again if you have a problem with this sure go ahead and host a setup with post count restrictions, most people would probably sign up for it.

12. ISO #4062
    Ganelon

Jesus guys. So come up with a better idea? A "high activity only" game? What you're saying if you think about it for two seconds is not realistic at all. If I come into the thread and see someone attacking me I'm not just going to say nothing because "I don't want to post too much..."
    +1

13. ISO #4063

Actually, you do do want to limit enough for it to not become a thunderdome.
    If it's a tunnelling townie, he will get more tunnelled the more you thunderdome with him.
    If it's a Mafia scum - it's exactly what he wants and if you try to reason with him and you find that he is not interested in truth and cooperation, then you are better off turning to the other players and speak of him as a 3rd person and point out how he is unreasonable. If you direct your defense towards him even after you found him being unreasonable - most townies will actually not see that what he is about.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 1st, 2020 at 11:22 PM.

14. ISO #4064

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Also too much activity isn’t anti town, it’s anti game. Nobody wants to read thousands of posts, but like if it’s not only just spam I see nothing wrong with it. I personally have no problem with high post count games but that’s just me. Again if you have a problem with this sure go ahead and host a setup with post count restrictions, most people would probably sign up for it.
    I think the problem is shown clearly in this game though. Like sure you don't care, and ozy and blink and myself and etc. all read all the posts and enjoyed it. But then the less active people couldn't be bothered. So if not post restrictions or min or max or whatever, should there be some segregation between people who want to be highly active (IE: checking the thread and posting all day long) vs. casual (maybe once or twice a day, definitely don't read all the posts)?

Here's a crazy idea, because almost everyone seems to like being active for EOD. What about an EOD only game? So the "Days" only last for a couple hours during a timeslot set by the host that everyone joining the game can agree to be on for?

15. ISO #4065

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Actually, you do do want to limit enough for it to not become a thunderdome.
    If it's a tunnelling townie, he will get more tunnelled the more you thunderdome with him.
    If it's a Mafia scum - it's exactly what he wants and if you try to reason with him and you find that he is not interested in truth and cooperation, then you are better off turning to the other players and speak of him as a 3rd person and point out how he is unreasonable. If you direct your defense towards him even after you found him being unreasonable - most townies will actually see that what he is about.
    you died 2 days before me and have 100 more posts

16. ISO #4066

Making larger portions of thread unproductive isn't only bad on its own, but it also makes the important stuff invisible.

17. ISO #4067

I think the problem is shown clearly in this game though. Like sure you don't care, and ozy and blink and myself and etc. all read all the posts and enjoyed it. But then the less active people couldn't be bothered. So if not post restrictions or min or max or whatever, should there be some segregation between people who want to be highly active (IE: checking the thread and posting all day long) vs. casual (maybe once or twice a day, definitely don't read all the posts)?

Here's a crazy idea, because almost everyone seems to like being active for EOD. What about an EOD only game? So the "Days" only last for a couple hours during a timeslot set by the host that everyone joining the game can agree to be on for?
    Each day could just be like 3-4 hours long, with the expectation that everyone can get on for at least a little while during that timespan?

18. ISO #4068
    Ganelon

Sure tbh like a turbo

19. ISO #4069
    Ganelon

Making larger portions of thread unproductive isn't only bad on its own, but it also makes the important stuff invisible.
    Well who said anything about unproductive? You can be productive in 500 posts.

20. ISO #4070

you died 2 days before me and have 100 more posts
    Yeah, because
    1) almost nobody was online
    2) mag and light voted me even though they said after "I didn't want ozy lynched"

Solid blink mag light caustic were the votes on me, maybe also Naz. You see why I got lynched there?

What's your point anyway with this statement?

21. ISO #4071

Each day could just be like 3-4 hours long, with the expectation that everyone can get on for at least a little while during that timespan?
    or if we need time to digest things, since we usually do 48 hours days. We could do 3-4 hours 1 real-life day, then close the thread. Then the second 3-4 hours the next day.

22. ISO #4072
    Ganelon

Yeah, because
    2) mag and light voted me even though they said after "I didn't want ozy lynched"

Solid blink mag light caustic were the votes on me, maybe also Naz. You see why I got lynched there?

i did not vote you at eod

23. ISO #4073

Well who said anything about unproductive? You can be productive in 500 posts.
    That's utter bs .
    500 posts means you spent no time on actual thinking and analysis between them.
    The game is solved by thinking and reading primary.

Low effort posts are unproductive.

24. ISO #4074

Yeah, because

You're making my point lol, you felt attacked so you spammed defenses. It's just the natural reaction it's not going to be reeled in for anybody who has the time to spare

25. ISO #4075
    Ganelon

Also idk how that’s relevant

26. ISO #4076

27. ISO #4077

28. ISO #4078

29. ISO #4079

You're making my point lol, you felt attacked so you spammed defenses. It's just the natural reaction it's not going to be reeled in for anybody who has the time to spare
    Ok so, what would post limit achieve then?
    Make 50 posts of defense reflexes?

30. ISO #4080
    Ganelon

That's utter bs .
    500 posts means you spent no time on actual thinking and analysis between them.
    The game is solved by thinking and reading primary.

Low effort posts are unproductive.
    Erm no they’re not. 500 posts means you have lots of things to say. This game more or less turned out like that. Many of those hundreds of posts blink, I, aamirus etc posted were definitely not unproductive, and thought was put into them.

31. ISO #4081

32. ISO #4082

33. ISO #4083

Yeah but he and light (especially Light) are so consistently making statements that are out of reality. It gets annoying.
    Light especially, it's like he lives in a different world sometimes.
    Light does, and outing himself as doc was pretty useless, but you have to take what you can get. He may have made the town doc useless at night, but he also gives you a confirmed town you can trust. I'd rather have been healed but it's not like he's totally uesless

34. ISO #4084

post limit is a shit fix but come up with your own idea then, that's what I've been trying to do CATCH UP OZY
    I think you missed all my post game posts where I tried to educate people of the negativities of large quantities of low effort posts. That's my alternative - education.

35. ISO #4085

Erm no they’re not. 500 posts means you have lots of things to say. This game more or less turned out like that. Many of those hundreds of posts blink, I, aamirus etc posted were definitely not unproductive, and thought was put into them.
    Ok well let's agree to disagree.

36. ISO #4086

37. ISO #4087
    Ganelon

Lights reads were good this game. He was pretty anti town by outing himself but like he wasn’t bad this game at all. And he didn’t make many fantasy land posts this game.

38. ISO #4088

I think you missed all my post game posts where I tried to educate people of the negativities of large quantities of low effort posts. That's my alternative - education.
    Well I think that's a crap solution because you're the teacher and also 1 of the worst culprits

39. ISO #4089

Well I think that's a crap solution because you're the teacher and also 1 of the worst culprits
    didn't mean for that to sound mean. I just mean, like, you should know from your own experience that it's really hard NOT to post that much if you are opening the thread all day long

40. ISO #4090
    Ganelon

Idk just add a rule that says spam disallowed. So if you have too many fluff posts you get a warning. This is a pretty shit fix too cuz then what constitutes ‘fluff posting’ is open to interpretation, and there’s a risk the host may accidentally leak information with this rule on. You could go this the easy way and disallow anything that looks like RVS posting. You do end up with a different problem where you basically forbid an entire play style, so no matter what you do I don’t think this can be solved in a satisfactory way.

41. ISO #4091

The worst part is when I intentionally don't respond to something that seems pointless as I'm catching up on the thread and then the other person goes "YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO THIS I HAVE CAUGHT YOU NOW AAMIRUS!!!". It's a real catch-22 situation

42. ISO #4092
    Ganelon

There’s another problem here in that as scum filler posting is actually very important if you have nothing to say. Bc you don’t wanna our yourself so you end up posting lots of dribble.

43. ISO #4093

or if we need time to digest things, since we usually do 48 hours days. We could do 3-4 hours 1 real-life day, then close the thread. Then the second 3-4 hours the next day.
    I would want to try this tbh.

But, idk why I previously thought aamirus suggested post restrictions. My bad for misreading.

44. ISO #4094
    Ganelon

The worst part is when I intentionally don't respond to something that seems pointless as I'm catching up on the thread and then the other person goes "YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO THIS I HAVE CAUGHT YOU NOW AAMIRUS!!!". It's a real catch-22 situation
    Yeah that’s annoying

45. ISO #4095
    Ganelon

I’ll be an asshole and say that if I’m ever gonna play a posycount limit game, the lower limit better be fucking high like in the 30s-40s lol

46. ISO #4096
    Ganelon

There’s also the idea of giving out awards for game participation or maybe adding a set of FM specific user titles, and like each title is worth X points, you get one point subtracted when you post spam and you get an extra point added when you post useful info, I’d say like 1 point per paragraph or something like that.

47. ISO #4097

didn't mean for that to sound mean. I just mean, like, you should know from your own experience that it's really hard NOT to post that much if you are opening the thread all day long
    It wasn't mean sounding at all, it was actually hilarious af xD.

Regarding me though. I try to learn and better myself every day, but I'm at such a low level still that it requires a great deal of effort to not engage in bigotry, and even harder to not call everyone idiots in every breath I take.
    If I can play out a game without getting banned, I see that as a win. Also, I think I haven't yet played a single game as Mafia where I didn't request to be subbed out.

Tbh. I'm not sure if I even have a 2 digit number count of games played, or still below 10. But most of my games definitely from ~1.5 years ago.
    So I think I'm actually doing fairly well given both - my experience and my personality.

48. ISO #4098

There’s also the idea of giving out awards for game participation or maybe adding a set of FM specific user titles, and like each title is worth X points, you get one point subtracted when you post spam and you get an extra point added when you post useful info, I’d say like 1 point per paragraph or something like that.
    Rewards? I thought we playin in a graveyard
    Would be nice though

49. ISO #4099

Rewards? I thought we playin in a graveyard
    Would be nice though
    Rewards are sort of meh, I wouldn't mind them except I don't love them.

Onto one of the things I disliked about this game, there were *alot* of posts, like god damn, I can't keep up when I only have an hour or two per day to look at this.

50. ISO #4100

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Rewards are sort of meh, I wouldn't mind them except I don't love them.

Onto one of the things I disliked about this game, there were *alot* of posts, like god damn, I can't keep up when I only have an hour or two per day to look at this.
    I learned it quickly in my very first FM game that it's best to use your phone to catch up as much and often as possible throughout the day.

Last I checked my reading speed was 150 WPM.
    I think I can't afford to play like most people - sitting down at the computer in the evening and start reading the last 24 hours.