BmFBrando: 1-S2-1-317256

Account Name: BmFBrando
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-317256
    In-Game Name: Claudio the Depraved

Crimes Committed: Lag cheating

Your Account Name: Exeter

Summary:

CTRL+3.

Rolls Disguiser in slot #4, replaces #3 with his ability.

Lag cheats at the climax of the game in an attempt to turn the tide in his favour ("#13 is the last mafia").

Player was highly aggressive when informed of his offense after the game and resisted attempts to talk things out, quickly resulting in muting me, hence this report.

Please let him know his behaviour is unacceptable, thank you.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    • File Type: png 2.png (1.32 MB, 21 views)
    • File Type: png 1.png (1.23 MB, 19 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Exeter350; October 19th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

2. ISO #2

Re: BmFBrando: 1-S2-1-317256

SC ID VERIFICATION

BmFBrando: Correct. 1-S2-1-317256

Respective Hotkeys

BmFBrando: Control + 3

Was the Game Result altered?

No, the Town still managed to win.

Previous Offenses

BmFBrando: None

Player Offenses

BmFBrando: Lag Cheating

Summary

During Day 4 a lag screen appears. During this one BmFBrando types "13 is the last mafia" several times. BmFBrando dies in a car crash and Town wins.

Recommended Action

BmFBrando: Watch List x3

Additional Notes
    Thank you for the report! Feel free to report more players if you think they’re breaking the rules!

Thank you Anonymous Donor

3. ISO #3

1-S2-1-317256 3x Watch listed for Lag Cheating
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #4

Edit: I wish I would have screen shotted our conversation. After reading it, half of it has been photo shopped out. Everything he said at the very top has been cut out leaving only my responses to him. The only reason I was even remotely mean to him is from what he was saying above what he posted. After he ignored me, he then unignored me and continued to harass me. Why would I ignore him from how our conversation is going in what he posted? It doesn't make any sense. I never cheat and never will so I don't care if you review the post. I would just like to request you take reports from people who are obviously hiding their side of the story more seriously. Also, calling a lag cheat on a game that was over before conversation even happens next day is beyond ridiculous.
    Last edited by BmfBrando; October 29th, 2018 at 01:33 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by BmfBrando View Post
    Edit: I wish I would have screen shotted our conversation. After reading it, half of it has been photo shopped out. Everything he said at the very top has been cut out leaving only my responses to him. The only reason I was even remotely mean to him is from what he was saying above what he posted. After he ignored me, he then unignored me and continued to harass me. Why would I ignore him from how our conversation is going in what he posted? It doesn't make any sense. I never cheat and never will so I don't care if you review the post. I would just like to request you take reports from people who are obviously hiding their side of the story more seriously. Also, calling a lag cheat on a game that was over before conversation even happens next day is beyond ridiculous.
    Anybody in the game could be talking in lag chat, including dead players. Plus, you don’t necessarily know who is speaking since the bnet names are different from the In-game names. As a result, it is likely that living players will be influenced by things said in lag chat since they could be legit information being provided by dead players. This is why anything of the sort being said in lag chat is considered “lag cheating” regardless of whether it’s true or not since it still influences the game.

For example, The dead guy who got disguised as knows for sure who the last mafia is so he could be the one saying “13 is the last mafia” in lag chat to try and help his team. Because of that, the town might have believed you when you said that it is 13 and not you.

I think when you think about why you chose to say “13 is the last mafia” at all, it should be pretty clear that you were trying to gain an unfair advantage. It’s not like you would say such a thing as a random joke at that time.
    Last edited by DJarJar; October 29th, 2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Edit: I wish I would have screen shotted our conversation. After reading it, half of it has been photo shopped out. Everything he said at the very top has been cut out leaving only my responses to him. The only reason I was even remotely mean to him is from what he was saying above what he posted.
    Believe me, I regret the same thing when I filed this report, because I knew you'd try something like this. Not the first, not the last.

After he ignored me, he then unignored me and continued to harass me.
    Lies. It was you who blocked me mid-conversation, un-blocked me later to taunt me, blocked me again when I replied, rinse and repeat.

To support my claim:
    (1) You are the one firing off all the insults ("Enjoy your kick fatass" "You are literally a fucking moron") whereas I just reply neutrally.
    (2) The "The player is ignoring you" system message shows that you are the one who blocked me, not the other way around.
    (3) The message right after that was initiated by you, and it goes "Hows that ban coming nerd", which shows that you're the one doing the block-unblock-insult-block-again nonsense, not me. If anybody is guilty of harrassment here, it is you.
    (4) If I were the one who blocked you, you would not have been able to initiate a new conversation with me.

I suggest you stop lying because I'd just pick more holes in your story lol.

Why would I ignore him from how our conversation is going in what he posted?
    Because you overreacted to a simple "Don't cheat" in the lobby. I wasn't getting up in your face, either angrily or smugly, I was just telling you neutrally not to cheat and what is considered cheating.

The fact that you'd kick for such a little thing shows how petty you are; your behaviour afterwards only reinforces it. That's all there is to it.

I never cheat and never will so I don't care if you review the post.
    And the reason you overreacted is probably because this is how you see yourself. So you respond aggressively to anybody who dare suggest that you cheat.

However, the fact that you'd lie in your appeal just shows how devoid of character you are. You really should stop seeing yourself as such a virtuous and upright individual, because you're not. Maybe this realisation will help you be less aggressive when faced with criticism in the future.

But you know, the screenshots are just there for context. I have been advised in the past not to attach screenshots as they do not constitute proper evidence. If you had not committed any offense in the replay, there would have been no punishment no matter how many screenshots I post.

I assure you, after your lies in this report, I'm going to take that advice. Too much trouble, and also you're focusing on the wrong thing. The fact that your response was mostly about the screenshot with only one sentence about the replay ("Also, calling a lag cheat on a game that was over before conversation even happens next day is beyond ridiculous"), which is the main issue here, just shows that your attention is not in the right place.

If you intend to make an appeal, focus on what's in the replay, not what's in the screenshot.

However, this is a textbook example of "lag cheating", so good luck with that.

As a newcomer, you should've had the humility to listen when more experienced players are trying to inform you of things that you don't know. I would've been content to tell you about your mistake and let it slide, but you chose to escalate things. So here we are.

Hopefully, this WLx3 and the explanation from two staff members will help you learn the lesson that you didn't want to hear from me: This is considered lag-cheating. Don't cheat.
    Last edited by Exeter350; October 29th, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.