Sc2Mafia US Buklao extreme lagger
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Sc2Mafia US Buklao extreme lagger

games are totally ruined by these people, results in leavetrains and garbage games making nobody ever wanting to play again.
    this new guy is just talking about lag hacking and laggging in the start of the game and instantly as he lost the lobby host to me he started up his lag.

last time i reported someone it was ignored. wasting my time again, reporting someone who has a forum account is not gonna happend cause ignoring the rules is more fun than following them.
    had video of him aswell of the same replay, clearly the person did it on purpose. yet he walks free after ruining several games just like that, making people dislike sc2mafia.

i'd rather play with a bunch of hackers instead of having my 20 minute game turned into a 60 minute game, and like everyone else half of the entire lobby will just leave shortly.

and making new lobbies isn't a very attractive thing for mafia, causing people to leave can be difficult if they want a proper game cause they know if the lobby isn't filled up they're gonna sit there for a while until it does.

So many problems with people that ruins the game because
    >Long lobby times, you're sitting in lobby for 1 to 15 minutes waiting for players
    >You get in game and suddenly there's a lagger who makes the game twice as slow making other people leave and makes you leave
    >Now you already wasted 25 minutes and got no game
    >Joining back to Sc2mafia lobby and wait another 1-5 min for game and if you were slow you lost the game where all the people in the leavetrain vent
    >Time well spent.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; November 30th, 2016 at 05:57 PM.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Sc2Mafia US Buklao extreme lagger

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    There hasn't been a working game setup screen -kick command in some time, @Gyrlander , lol. It was removed a long time ago.
    Maybe it's time we brought it back, not that DR likely even cares at this point. The last update was 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

5. ISO #5

There hasn't been a working game setup screen -kick command in some time, @Gyrlander , lol. It was removed a long time ago.
    What about lobby kick

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    What about lobby kick
    Lobby kick works, but becomes a game of cat and mouse with the person just spamming rejoin and being sent to the same lobby (because typically only one is filling up at any time). Result is either the person manages to get into the last spot and the game autostarts (usually) or they just miss out (rarely).

7. ISO #7

Lobby kick works, but becomes a game of cat and mouse with the person just spamming rejoin and being sent to the same lobby (because typically only one is filling up at any time). Result is either the person manages to get into the last spot and the game autostarts (usually) or they just miss out (rarely).
    This.

Makes you wonder why some people like to spoil everyone's fun, then crawl wretchedly (and shamelessly) back to rejoin the lobby when repeatedly kicked. Like, holy shit, just don't be a dick to begin with and they'll spare everyone grief, including themselves. Sometimes I wonder what the expression on their face is, when they spam-rejoin a lobby.

Wasting everyone's time... goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by thedougler View Post
    Maybe it's time we brought it back, not that DR likely even cares at this point. The last update was 2 years ago.
    In theory it'd work great, but you run the risk of having the trolls outnumber decent players. When that happens, the trolls end up gaining a weapon that the decent players cannot counter... as has been proven in the past *cough*Clan Tafkal*cough*.

Plus this gives another method for trolls to get one up on decent players... They could, for example, start bad-mouthing you to the community and brainwash random players into vote-kicking you out from games.

With the possible advent of troll voting blocs and misguided masses, it's far better to let the admins mete out the banlists than to let the community self-police.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    games are totally ruined by these people, results in leavetrains and garbage games making nobody ever wanting to play again.
    this new guy is just talking about lag hacking and laggging in the start of the game and instantly as he lost the lobby host to me he started up his lag.

last time i reported someone it was ignored. wasting my time again, reporting someone who has a forum account is not gonna happend cause ignoring the rules is more fun than following them.
    had video of him aswell of the same replay, clearly the person did it on purpose. yet he walks free after ruining several games just like that, making people dislike sc2mafia.

i'd rather play with a bunch of hackers instead of having my 20 minute game turned into a 60 minute game, and like everyone else half of the entire lobby will just leave shortly.

and making new lobbies isn't a very attractive thing for mafia, causing people to leave can be difficult if they want a proper game cause they know if the lobby isn't filled up they're gonna sit there for a while until it does.

So many problems with people that ruins the game because
    >Long lobby times, you're sitting in lobby for 1 to 15 minutes waiting for players
    >You get in game and suddenly there's a lagger who makes the game twice as slow making other people leave and makes you leave
    >Now you already wasted 25 minutes and got no game
    >Joining back to Sc2mafia lobby and wait another 1-5 min for game and if you were slow you lost the game where all the people in the leavetrain vent
    >Time well spent.
    I'm usually alt-tabbed doing other things when waiting, whether in lobbies or after dying in-game. Multi-task yo. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief.

The game client notifies you in the taskbar when (1) the game starts or (2) you get AFK-kicked from lobbies, so no need to get paranoid and alt-tab into game every 5 secs.

Maybe punishments need to be far harsher and meted out like candy for certain infractions.

Role-quitting, for example, can and usually will greatly hurt games. However, an On-Hold for first offense and watchlist for subsequent offenses seem to be very lenient to me.

Now, if you mete out a Banlist x3 every time some idiot decides he doesn't want to play his role, I can foresee this problem being solved very quickly. There will always be persistent recalcitrants who might, for example, resort to smurfing to continue playing (and role-quitting whenever they get a role they dislike), in which case you could just flip on the autokick and excise these cancers for as long as you want.

Pointbans for bankhacking are too lenient too. It's such a deliberate, thought-out act that continuing to let them play despite their offense is so... aggravating. If it were up to me it'd be a straight-up Banlist on the first offense together with a non-negotiable pointban for 2-3 years.

Punishments can also be far harsher on a case-by-case basis for other infractions.

Game-throwing, for instance. Reactionary game-throwing, or unintentional game-throwing, can be handled as per normal.

Blatant game-throwing, on the other hand, can be punished by an instant Banlist. These kids think spoiling games is fun and acceptable? A Banhammer to their face will quickly change their minds about that.

It is inadequate to simply punish crimes after they happen. You must deter these crimes from happening in the first place, by making the punishment so harsh that they will think twice about their actions before trying anything stupid.

It works great in my country. First-world country, excellent in almost every conventional way, but we have the "barbaric" practice of meting out the death penalty. Yet it works very well. One of the lowest crime rates in the world. Even the most hare-brained, hot-tempered idiot will think twice before acting on his impulses.

Deterrence, that's the way to go.

It'll address MasterNinja's frustration above, as well as my own, as well as cynical players who say things like "Lol stop joking, admins are not gonna do shit" when they see someone mention writing a report.

To be honest, the punishment system could use an update. A lot of it could be automated, if someone knows how to code it.

Leaving early in the game while still alive = automatic punishment.

Player statistics from every single match played automatically fed into a database (similar to how you feed data into a database for every game to reference for player punishments), then automatic punishments for any unrecorded changes in points. This won't just auto-detect and punish bankhackers however subtle they may be (thus eliminating the need to conjecture, find replays, manually do the math, and ultimately make a gamble on the final decision), it will also automatically punish any hackers that can somehow slip past the autokick.

The replay-review process is currently the best option there is, but could be improved. Coding an automated system will greatly speed up the punishment process for the straightforward/trivial cases, and save your time and energy to review the more debatable cases.
    Last edited by Exeter350; December 1st, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    This.

Makes you wonder why some people like to spoil everyone's fun, then crawl wretchedly (and shamelessly) back to rejoin the lobby when repeatedly kicked. Like, holy shit, just don't be a dick to begin with and they'll spare everyone grief, including themselves. Sometimes I wonder what the expression on their face is, when they spam-rejoin a lobby.

In theory it'd work great, but you run the risk of having the trolls outnumber decent players. When that happens, the trolls end up gaining a weapon that the decent players cannot counter... as has been proven in the past *cough*Clan Tafkal*cough*.

Plus this gives another method for trolls to get one up on decent players... They could, for example, start bad-mouthing you to the community and brainwash random players into vote-kicking you out from games.

With the possible advent of troll voting blocs and misguided masses, it's far better to let the admins mete out the banlists than to let the community self-police.

I'm usually alt-tabbed doing other things when waiting, whether in lobbies or after dying in-game. Multi-task yo. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief.

The game client notifies you in the taskbar when (1) the game starts or (2) you get AFK-kicked from lobbies, so no need to get paranoid and alt-tab into game every 5 secs.

Maybe punishments need to be far harsher and meted out like candy for certain infractions.

Role-quitting, for example, can and usually will greatly hurt games. However, an On-Hold for first offense and watchlist for subsequent offenses seem to be very lenient to me.

Now, if you mete out a Banlist x3 every time some idiot decides he doesn't want to play his role, I can foresee this problem being solved very quickly. There will always be persistent recalcitrants who might, for example, resort to smurfing to continue playing (and role-quitting whenever they get a role they dislike), in which case you could just flip on the autokick and excise these cancers for as long as you want.

Punishments can also be far harsher on a case-by-case basis for other infractions.

Game-throwing, for instance. Reactionary game-throwing, or unintentional game-throwing, can be handled as per normal.

Blatant game-throwing, on the other hand, can be punished by an instant Banlist x6. These kids think spoiling games is fun and acceptable? A Banhammer to their face will quickly change their minds about that.

It is inadequate to simply punish crimes after they happen. You must pre-empt and deter these crimes from happening in the first place, by making the punishment so harsh that they will think twice about their actions before trying anything stupid.

It works great in my country. First-world country, excellent in almost every conventional way, but we have the "barbaric" practice of meting out the death penalty. Yet it works very well. One of the lowest crime rates in the world. Even the most hare-brained, hot-tempered idiot will think twice before acting on his impulses.

It'll address MasterNinja's frustration above, as well as my own, as well as cynical players who say things like "Lol stop joking, admins are not gonna do shit" when they see someone mention writing a report.
    A wild member of tafkal hit squad appears v)o.o)v..............)o.o)..............o.o....... .....disappeared

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

This.

Pointbans for bankhacking are too lenient too. It's such a deliberate, thought-out act that continuing to let them play despite their offense is so... aggravating. If it were up to me it'd be a straight-up Banlist on the first offense together with a non-negotiable pointban for 2-3 years.

Blatant game-throwing, on the other hand, can be punished by an instant Banlist. These kids think spoiling games is fun and acceptable? A Banhammer to their face will quickly change their minds about that.

It is inadequate to simply punish crimes after they happen. You must deter these crimes from happening in the first place, by making the punishment so harsh that they will think twice about their actions before trying anything stupid.

To be honest, the punishment system could use an update. A lot of it could be automated, if someone knows how to code it.

Player statistics from every single match played automatically fed into a database (similar to how you feed data into a database for every game to reference for player punishments), then automatic punishments for any unrecorded changes in points. This won't just auto-detect and punish bankhackers however subtle they may be (thus eliminating the need to conjecture, find replays, manually do the math, and ultimately make a gamble on the final decision), it will also automatically punish any hackers that can somehow slip past the autokick.

The replay-review process is currently the best option there is, but could be improved. Coding an automated system will greatly speed up the punishment process for the straightforward/trivial cases, and save your time and energy to review the more debatable cases.

Totally agree with most of this. People who ruin the game (no matter if it's by leaving, throwing or lagging) should be punished more, especially repeated offenders are given the benefit of the doubt way too often which results in bad games and a lot of good players not wanting to play anymore.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    Totally agree with most of this. People who ruin the game (no matter if it's by leaving, throwing or lagging) should be punished more, especially repeated offenders are given the benefit of the doubt way too often which results in bad games and a lot of good players not wanting to play anymore.
    Damn right.

I host my own local server when playing L4D2 on Steam, with SourceMod installed allowing me to ID-ban players. I permaban players for black-and-white cases like intentional teamkilling all the time, but even so I'm still running into new trolls everyday.

There is a steady influx of trolls no matter where you go. Even permabanning every case you personally witness, on the spot, is nowhere near enough to stem the flow. Now, giving them second or third chances... More opportunities to cause harm, and in the meantime even more of their toxic brethren are entering the community... Idk.

Every case must be dealt with decisively, and with finality.

Of course, we must also mete out punishments with fairness and deliberation. So the theoretical on-the-spot banning mentioned above should never be allowed to happen. Ah, it's a fine line to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Calm down! Here, have a tea v)x.o)> c[_] v(o.o(v we're both Asian
    Hahha where you from yuki??
    Last edited by Exeter350; December 1st, 2016 at 10:45 AM.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

It's true i've also seen Duck around a lot when i reported him and he had a lot of previous offenses.

Why do such players, who only want to ruin other's games take so long to get banned ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    It's true i've also seen Duck around a lot when i reported him and he had a lot of previous offenses.

Why do such players, who only want to ruin other's games take so long to get banned ?
    Believe me, it doesn't take that long. Only that you require a big offense to get perma banned and I think that's correct.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Believe me, it doesn't take that long. Only that you require a big offense to get perma banned and I think that's correct.
    Usually the problem comes from players who commit minor offenses repeatedly, they seems to stick around a lot.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

17. ISO #17

I don't think it is. Of course nobody should get banned for trolling or even throwing a few times, but we have players who do it every game / very often (we have to consider that only a small percentage of games actually get reported) and they still don't get banned. Some even have worked out how to ruin games and not get punished for it because they know exactly what is punishable and what isn't and just act as annoying as possible without actually getting punished (like leaving N1 instead of D1 so it's not a rolequit or encouraging others to leave but not using the words "choo" or "leave train" because that would be punished then etc).

18. ISO #18

Damn right.

I host my own local server when playing L4D2 on Steam, with SourceMod installed allowing me to ID-ban players. I permaban players for black-and-white cases like intentional teamkilling all the time, but even so I'm still running into new trolls everyday.

There is a steady influx of trolls no matter where you go. Even permabanning every case you personally witness, on the spot, is nowhere near enough to stem the flow. Now, giving them second or third chances... More opportunities to cause harm, and in the meantime even more of their toxic brethren are entering the community... Idk.

Every case must be dealt with decisively, and with finality.

Of course, we must also mete out punishments with fairness and deliberation. So the theoretical on-the-spot banning mentioned above should never be allowed to happen. Ah, it's a fine line to tread.

Hahha where you from yuki??
    Vc ( Viet-Cong ) Aka: Vietnam

v)o.o)^

19. ISO #19

I meant lobby kick. Although... are MODS allowed to do anything when this shit happens?
    I've had it happen to me personally due to a... misunderstanding. Yes, mods can still kick in game and even ban you right then and there. They have some set of in-game commands for that sort of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    I don't think it is. Of course nobody should get banned for trolling or even throwing a few times, but we have players who do it every game / very often (we have to consider that only a small percentage of games actually get reported) and they still don't get banned. Some even have worked out how to ruin games and not get punished for it because they know exactly what is punishable and what isn't and just act as annoying as possible without actually getting punished (like leaving N1 instead of D1 so it's not a rolequit or encouraging others to leave but not using the words "choo" or "leave train" because that would be punished then etc).
    This.

As I've discussed before in one of my reports: determined rulebreakers will always find a way around the rules, because they are actively looking for loopholes to exploit.

The smart ones can act like absolute scumbags, but know that as long as they don't "technically" break any rules, they can get away scott-free.

I believe a "catch-all" rule already exists in the Help section of the game to help catch these smart trolls, but it is understandably not used very often, given its subjective nature.

But IMO, such toxic players ought to be removed swiftly, without numerous benefits of doubt, even when they don't "technically" commit any particular offense, as long as there is substantial evidence about their behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Vc ( Viet-Cong ) Aka: Vietnam
    Ayy noice I've got friends in Vietnam. Singaporean here.
    Last edited by Exeter350; December 1st, 2016 at 08:59 PM.

21. ISO #21

This.

As I've discussed before in one of my reports: determined rulebreakers will always find a way around the rules, because they are actively looking for loopholes to exploit.

The smart ones can act like absolute scumbags, but know that as long as they don't "technically" break any rules, they can get away scott-free.

I believe a "catch-all" rule already exists in the Help section of the game to help catch these smart trolls, but it is understandably not used very often, given its subjective nature.

But IMO, such toxic players ought to be removed swiftly, without numerous benefits of doubt, even when they don't "technically" commit any particular offense, as long as there is substantial evidence about their behaviour.

I wonder this myself. I've had to deal with some unpleasant business in recent months, but despite my (IMO) well-documented and substantiated arguments and evidence, I simply cannot successfully push for that person to be banned. Understood, he hasn't "technically" committed any particular offense, but there is the intention to harm, and his actions have successfully aggravated the intended victim, repeatedly, so...

Ah, it's understandable to a certain extent, but truly frustrating nonetheless.

Ayy noice I've got friends in Vietnam. Singaporean here.
    Used to visit Singapore before. I like the way the TV in your country has 2 subtitles v(O.o(<!
    And rich, well....of course no poor people allowed on the street begging for money though.....

v)o.o)^

22. ISO #22

All hail Tafkal. Truly, he was a hero. ^)τ.τ)^ ^(τ.τ(^
    no, he ruined several games.
    thats how he got his name
    good players are not recognised very much in mafia, you just go into a new lobby and there's another 14 people that you might seen before.

When users are lagging game with bad intentions they avoid this "kick" function starcraft 2 has to kick laggers. and there's no other way to avoid these broken games other than leaving cause we cant do anything about it.

they're targetting all players in the game at the same time, this is the worst case scenario for any game where someone is able to ruin it completely. and the punishments for this is very low, instead of hacking people will just resolve to this method
    Last edited by MasterNinja; December 5th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.