?KRC i̷ ̸w̴i̸s̴h̸ ̴t̶o̵ ̴d̸i̵e̷ - Page 18
Register

User Tag List

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #851

Re: ?KRC i̷ ̸w̴i̸s̴h̸ ̴t̶o̵ ̴d̸i̵e̷

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM swag98 View Post
    The same way I metaread random people I've never played with before. I put them in a drawer and compare them to players having performed the same play in a different game. I strongly believe that's better than just going off of zero on an anon acc anyway.
    i was going to say, in your defense there are patterns of play you can consider meta

this is distinct from players whose names and syntax you know

this was a recognized fact early by @S-FM yoek himself

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM yoek View Post
    Well in my experience scum tend to "lay out" these mechanical situations to appear town and avoid communicating in the thread/posting reads, just want to make sure time isn't wasted speculating on the unknown, driving the thread into nothing.

2. ISO #852

3. ISO #853

4. ISO #854

I was strictly talking about individual player meta, like "Stealths" meta etc etc.
    i see what you mean by that. but like i said you can have a town meta and be scum. have a scummy play style and be town. meta is really hard to gauge in general

5. ISO #855

@Swag I see all the time different players playing the same way, flipping different alignments, can you explain a little better what you mean?
    I give scum- or towntells different severity depending on the overall way a player is approaching the game.
    Just the fact a player using the same approach, having the same speech, anything of that kind, does not define a player's alignment. In masterpiece's case anyway I'm putting less weight in strength of reads and more weight into willingness to confront for example. Those are always tells, how indicative of an alignment they are differs however.

6. ISO #856

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Masterpiece View Post
    i see what you mean by that. but like i said you can have a town meta and be scum. have a scummy play style and be town. meta is really hard to gauge in general
    i believe you missed the question @S-FM yoek asked at the bottom of the previous page #840

7. ISO #857

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM deviantart View Post
    i was going to say, in your defense there are patterns of play you can consider meta

this is distinct from players whose names and syntax you know

this was a recognized fact early by @S-FM yoek himself
    wait are you trying to say that my quote pertains to me taking players who's names and syntax I know?

8. ISO #858

9. ISO #859

I was strictly talking about individual player meta, like "Stealths" meta etc etc.
    I don't think stealth has one meta. He can lurk one game, be town leader the other. In both those situations though he can be scum, and I look for things players in that situation with that mindset have done as that alignment before.

10. ISO #860

I give scum- or towntells different severity depending on the overall way a player is approaching the game.
    Just the fact a player using the same approach, having the same speech, anything of that kind, does not define a player's alignment. In masterpiece's case anyway I'm putting less weight in strength of reads and more weight into willingness to confront for example. Those are always tells, how indicative of an alignment they are differs however.
    ah okay, thanks for clarifying

11. ISO #861

12. ISO #862

13. ISO #863

14. ISO #864

15. ISO #865

@Master piece why havn't you scum hunted or try to solve the game ?
    i was scum hunting then got called scum for doing it. i pushed on screams. he push back sufficiently in my mind to not lynch him to day.. i still think his role could be a blend of scum invest / godfather.

16. ISO #866

17. ISO #867

18. ISO #868

19. ISO #869

20. ISO #870

21. ISO #871

i was scum hunting then got called scum for doing it. i pushed on screams. he push back sufficiently in my mind to not lynch him to day.. i still think his role could be a blend of scum invest / godfather.
    hear me out here, if you are town, and someone calls you scum, for trying to scum hunt that shouldn't be a reason to stop scum hunting lol

so who would his partners be?

22. ISO #872

23. ISO #873

24. ISO #874

So, you see MS early on pushed screams and got into an argument with yoek. It looked to me like he did that of his own accord. I townread him for that, regardless of his reasoning or whatever else he was writing in his defense.
    Then he dropped the push. Afterwards he's been just coasting along all this time, with no vote out and seeming feel of relief over the fact he got out of the spotlight. For that I dropped the townread.

25. ISO #875

So, you see MS early on pushed screams and got into an argument with yoek. It looked to me like he did that of his own accord. I townread him for that, regardless of his reasoning or whatever else he was writing in his defense.
    Then he dropped the push. Afterwards he's been just coasting along all this time, with no vote out and seeming feel of relief over the fact he got out of the spotlight. For that I dropped the townread.
    hmmm, I don't think it was of his own accord, because I said at the start of the game I randomly choose masterpiece to be scum and thought he came out of that chain of interactions with myself pretty scummy. SO I don't think he would have engaged if he wasn't called out.

26. ISO #876

27. ISO #877

28. ISO #878

hmmm, I don't think it was of his own accord, because I said at the start of the game I randomly choose masterpiece to be scum and thought he came out of that chain of interactions with myself pretty scummy. SO I don't think he would have engaged if he wasn't called out.
    Then I believe screams was agreeing with me in the thread, so masterpiece assumed that we must be a "team" of some sort because we were both pushing at him.

So I don't think he would have engaged with screams if screams hadn't of been pushing at him aswell.

29. ISO #879

hear me out here, if you are town, and someone calls you scum, for trying to scum hunt that shouldn't be a reason to stop scum hunting lol

so who would his partners be?
    well i was gonna say you because of the way you just hopped into his pocket for no real reason. it seemed. early on. but its hard to tell because other then the obvious narrative creation you 2 did early and the 2 guys that thought there was a night 0 and were sure of it. thats where im at with that. so kinda between you and screams. and swag and deviant art

30. ISO #880

@S-FM yoek

fmpov these are the same things

i know you said you should have been more clear.
    At first glance my brain interprets that a different way then yours then i guess.

top clicks with individual player meta

bottom clicks with meta of the aligned scum team.

31. ISO #881

well i was gonna say you because of the way you just hopped into his pocket for no real reason. it seemed. early on. but its hard to tell because other then the obvious narrative creation you 2 did early and the 2 guys that thought there was a night 0 and were sure of it. thats where im at with that. so kinda between you and screams. and swag and deviant art
    I had reasons, his posts felt genuine, and I clearly stated that I didn't think scum would make a cop claim on day one, it's a very bad scumplay IMO. Like if a cop claim is alive on day 3 they are 95% of the time scum. I explained my reasons, for you to say I had no reason is pretty bad tbh.

THe N0 thing could have been interpreted either way. which was heavily explained by both deviant and screams.

32. ISO #882

Then I believe screams was agreeing with me in the thread, so masterpiece assumed that we must be a "team" of some sort because we were both pushing at him.

So I don't think he would have engaged with screams if screams hadn't of been pushing at him aswell.
    He could've also not engaged with Screams and tried to deflect to another player's train. I'm not exactly sure, but I think I had Harold voted early enough for that to be a possibility. At that time it looked like he's pushing more than averting anyway and that seemed towny. I think anyway, my memory isn't flawless either.

33. ISO #883

I had reasons, his posts felt genuine, and I clearly stated that I didn't think scum would make a cop claim on day one, it's a very bad scumplay IMO. Like if a cop claim is alive on day 3 they are 95% of the time scum. I explained my reasons, for you to say I had no reason is pretty bad tbh.

THe N0 thing could have been interpreted either way. which was heavily explained by both deviant and screams.
    i know. thats what makes it kinda confusing. and difficult to pin down the scum.

34. ISO #884

35. ISO #885

on one hand it seems like only scum would 100% know if there was a night zero on the other hand scum could have been intentionally countering the point to appear townie.
    But the way my role reads, if there was a night zero I should have been notified that I could use my action, because it's a "night" abillity.

That was also one of my points for there being no n0

36. ISO #886

But the way my role reads, if there was a night zero I should have been notified that I could use my action, because it's a "night" abillity.

but host stated there was so.. that makes this even worse. so since deviant art knew and swag knew there was a night zero wouldnt that automatically make them scum?

37. ISO #887

on one hand it seems like only scum would 100% know if there was a night zero on the other hand scum could have been intentionally countering the point to appear townie.
    but town can have n0 stuff to not just scum...

i've seen random n0 checks to players before.

38. ISO #888

39. ISO #889

but host stated there was so.. that makes this even worse. so since deviant art knew and swag knew there was a night zero wouldnt that automatically make them scum?
    I wouldn't say automatically. Deviant interpreted a post made by the host to be that there was a night 0. We've already went over this.

If you want to push deviant and swag for that then be my guest

40. ISO #890

41. ISO #891

42. ISO #892

not in all cases. you and a few others are looking at this setup from a mountainous/standardPR pov.

there are plenty of roles that would exclusively have a N0 ability for the same reason scum didnt faction kill N0.

this is distinct from a night start setup where we begin n1

43. ISO #893

I wouldn't say automatically. Deviant interpreted a post made by the host to be that there was a night 0. We've already went over this.

If you want to push deviant and swag for that then be my guest
    no im just saying it was very convenient that they thought that.

44. ISO #894

45. ISO #895

46. ISO #896

47. ISO #897

48. ISO #898

49. ISO #899

50. ISO #900

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN
    ...lol

Well now I guess it's time for a selfpres vote heh? Masterpiece is town imo so no, even though he's not exactly the most helpful player around. Harold on the other hand is just not towny, while he had time to shitpost a lot, so
    -vote Harold
    looks good.

Also, to the guy who said I was "deflecting votes" on low activity players, that's literally false. I kept scum hunting and I came to the legit conclusion (which is a common conclusion for people who aren't even pressured so shut up lol) that inactives needed to be pressured and ultimately lynched if they don't move. If you wanted me to stop scumhunting and only defend from crappy attacks that go like this : "Don't reaction test and pressure people, it's scummy"... well I'm sorry not sorry but you can go consider the following for yourself (in-game of course) :