Oregon
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Oregon

1. ISO #1

Oregon

Anyone with experience living in Oregon here? My job will require me to live and work for two months in Salem (state capital) this summer, and I'd like to know ahead of time what kind of cool things there are to do in the state. Also, how are the beaches in Oregon?

At the moment my urban adventure plans are to explore Salem, Eugene, and Portland, but I also have some scenic travels in Eastern Oregon planned, such as the breweries in Bend and some of the national forests.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

2. ISO #2

Re: Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Anyone with experience living in Oregon here? My job will require me to live and work for two months in Salem (state capital) this summer, and I'd like to know ahead of time what kind of cool things there are to do in the state. Also, how are the beaches in Oregon?

At the moment my urban adventure plans are to explore Salem, Eugene, and Portland, but I also have some scenic travels in Eastern Oregon planned, such as the breweries in Bend and some of the national forests.
    smoke some weed Jon fam
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Be careful. I hear the town of Salem is filled with shit like serial killers.

Don't claim survivor. They might think you're a werewolf.

Other puns.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

I did some work up in Washington state in December, and we stayed in Portland for a day afterwards to decompress. It seemed like a really cool place - a lot of cool nightlife if you are into bars (not a big club scene from what I hear, which suits me fine).

And in terms of nature, you can't really beat the area around Mt. St Helens. We were shooting around Cougar WA and the area was just beautiful.

6. ISO #6

If I was going to live there for any length of time I would probably spend a good bit of it exploring the unique perspectives and cultures it had to offer. I hear there are lots of fringe outlooks on reality to be found in that town.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

If you're coming to Portland, you're going to walk 39th/Division St and 39th/Hawthorne right?
    You can do everything Portlandy around there— visit small shops, drink microbrew beer, eat ice cream at 11pm, have a burger with quality beef, have a cold brew coffee with odd donuts/waffles, eat at a food cart, listen some rock bands play, watch a movie while drinking beer, and maybe even see a person high on drugs(?) shouting about womens' rights whilst holding a sign quoting a scripture that denounces homosexuality.

That last one was probably the weirdest sight I ever saw.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

This is my last week in Salem and it has been a blast. I spent two full days in Portland and really loved it. It's definitely as weird as it advertises and that made the experience much better. My highlights there were the City of Books, Portland Art Museum, Rose Test Garden, and Japanese Garden. I made sure to try the local delicacies too such as Salt&Straw and Voodoo Doughnuts.

The scenery was also as beautiful as I imagined. I went to Mt. Hood National Park and climbed up to the top of one of the mountains and got a nice photo of Mt. Hood, with Mt. Adams and St. Helens in the distance.

Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    This is my last week in Salem and it has been a blast. I spent two full days in Portland and really loved it. It's definitely as weird as it advertises and that made the experience much better. My highlights there were the City of Books, Portland Art Museum, Rose Test Garden, and Japanese Garden. I made sure to try the local delicacies too such as Salt&Straw and Voodoo Doughnuts.

The scenery was also as beautiful as I imagined. I went to Mt. Hood National Park and climbed up to the top of one of the mountains and got a nice photo of Mt. Hood, with Mt. Adams and St. Helens in the distance.

Looks dank
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒