A Serious Committment that will change your life - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

Re: A Serious Committment that will change your life

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    What do you mean by antitheism? And, I disagree, it's not okay. A belief is a belief, it cannot be proven. That's why it's a belief.
    Antitheism is not atheism.
    Antitheism is basically hating other pepole for not being atheist.
    I think it's an ok topic to talk but if you'll try to talk about any topic most of the pepole will disagree with you and nobody will be for you.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

2. ISO #102

And nah you seem be targeting her for being religious. Arsonist spammed just as hard about communism and not once did I see you intervening. I can see what Cryptonic is on about here. Honestly threads like this are always a bad idea because people are very bigoted.

If you honestly believed in what you're saying right now, you wouldn't have spammed about how wrong her beliefs were. You would've closed the thread.
    Closing the thread wouldn't stop Rachyl because she'd make 6 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

3. ISO #103

Nope, it's debatable. If. you're willing I can make a serious counterargument to what you're saying (and also, incidentally to what Rachyl is saying).
    The issue here is that there's a difference between what you're saying and what Rachyl is saying. Rachyl is incapable of making a logistic argument due to a varying number of reasons most likely including her (as far as we know) schizophrenia. If she wishes to take solace in religion that's fine with me.

But if she wishes to come online and
    1. Coerce other people into becoming christian
    2. fail to make a good argument about being christian
    3. call people retards

Then she must face the consequences: namely, being ridiculed for weeks. You building arguments for her doesn't change any of those things. This is a topic that has been discussed time and time again and definitely won't see any advancement on a forum with < 20 regulars. But in the past Rachyl has been provided with these devil's advocate (angel's advocate?) type of arguments and has never used them. This one would not be any different.

also we're not allowed to quote the bible

4. ISO #104
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Closing the thread wouldn't stop Rachyl because she'd make 6 more.
    So ban it.

5. ISO #105
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    The issue here is that there's a difference between what you're saying and what Rachyl is saying. Rachyl is incapable of making a logistic argument due to a varying number of reasons most likely including her (as far as we know) schizophrenia. If she wishes to take solace in religion that's fine with me.

But if she wishes to come online and
    1. Coerce other people into becoming christian
    2. fail to make a good argument about being christian
    3. call people retards

Then she must face the consequences: namely, being ridiculed for weeks. You building arguments for her doesn't change any of those things. This is a topic that has been discussed time and time again and definitely won't see any advancement on a forum with < 20 regulars. But in the past Rachyl has been provided with these devil's advocate (angel's advocate?) type of arguments and has never used them. This one would not be any different.

also we're not allowed to quote the bible
    This isn't really about Rachyl, but about aamirus. Whether or not Rachyl is right to post what she is posting is outside the scope of discussion. I was attacking aamirus for being anti-religious - Rachyl was not brought up. It was more Christianity and aamirus than Rachyl and aamirus.

6. ISO #106

So ban it.
    That's a scenario that seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.

7. ISO #107

This isn't really about Rachyl, but about aamirus. Whether or not Rachyl is right to post what she is posting is outside the scope of discussion. I was attacking aamirus for being anti-religious - Rachyl was not brought up. It was more Christianity and aamirus than Rachyl and aamirus.
    Oh. My bad.

Yeah aamirus doesn't have much of a baseline for being anti-religion LMAO.

This is just one of those threads that's doing more harm for the cause than good.

8. ISO #108

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Just to clarify - if Rachyl believes in something and wants to discuss it with me but I don’t believe in it - I’m a douche and need to stop

If I don’t believe in something and Rachyl wants to spam “X you’re a sinner and a servant of the devil and you’re going to hell you stupid retard! Agree with me or else you’re HELLbound!” It’s righteous and good of her?

This is the systematic hypocracy that has allowed the cult of organized religion to control the world for thousands of years. If anything, my being a mod should predicate not allowing this shit to cover the forums and scare off anybody that isn’t religious. This is a forum about sc2mafia and about forum mafia. That’s it. I refuse to allow it to devolve into this bullshit and I don’t appreciate you using your influence (as way higher up than me) to promote this.

If someone wants to start a serious religious thread it should either 1) be deleted/closed or 2) allowed for anybody to push their opinions regardless of their own religious beliefs. To try and give one religious group a free pass to say whatever they want and stifle anybody who disagrees with them is literally a Theocracy and I won’t allow that to happen.
    ok, the difference is rachyl posted this to find likeminded people or support. You came in swinging and immediately trying to insert a negative belief over it. You insterted yourself into this and made it a debate (you tend to do that and I know u will comment the same on me being here) but this post got linked to me.

What cryptonic means (disregarding its trollness =P ) on the tolerance part is when you accept being staff it becomes your job to hold yourself at a higher, more reputable standard. jumping into conversations for the sake of arguing is not showing a good image for the moderation team (hence why in the past they had a bad reputation by a few people doing just that). Hell, rachyl even ignored your first comment, but you came back to keep picking at her beliefs. Leave it alone and let people take comfort in what they enjoy rather than trying to "disprove" and crush it because you THINK you are above that kind of belief system.

If someone wants to start a serious religious thread it should either 1) be deleted/closed or 2) allowed for anybody to push their opinions regardless of their own religious beliefs. To try and give one religious group a free pass to say whatever they want and stifle anybody who disagrees with them is literally a Theocracy and I won’t allow that to happen.
    why not just not respond if you dont like it? lol as staff, let the members do their shit and just make sure it stays clean. dont dirty it!

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ok, the difference is rachyl posted this to find likeminded people or support. You came in swinging and immediately trying to insert a negative belief over it. You insterted yourself into this and made it a debate (you tend to do that and I know u will comment the same on me being here) but this post got linked to me.

What cryptonic means (disregarding its trollness =P ) on the tolerance part is when you accept being staff it becomes your job to hold yourself at a higher, more reputable standard. jumping into conversations for the sake of arguing is not showing a good image for the moderation team (hence why in the past they had a bad reputation by a few people doing just that). Hell, rachyl even ignored your first comment, but you came back to keep picking at her beliefs. Leave it alone and let people take comfort in what they enjoy rather than trying to "disprove" and crush it because you THINK you are above that kind of belief system.

why not just not respond if you dont like it? lol as staff, let the members do their shit and just make sure it stays clean. dont dirty it!

You are about to make a serious commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, If your not ready, please leave this thread.

it even game with an intolerance advisory!

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

10. ISO #110

Honestly... Close this thread. YES, Rachyl will make a new one, and it's ok lol. This one has been cursed with the sin of intolerance...

Also one thing: If you want others to show tolerance, do it yourself, heh? So if you want the very pious person not to say you're going to burn in hell because you believe what the person says is false, don't say "you're fucking dumb", and the religious person should not say "DEATH/FLAMES OF HELL TO UNBELIEVERS" either. If this happens, we'll have a clean thread about religion. I think it is interesting, and a good way to teach the rules to the community
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #111

That, OR make two threads, one about debate and one about the one true faith ;P
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    chew chew?
    s.choochoo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.