Walking Dead Season 7 premiere
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Walking Dead Season 7 premiere

It was pretty good. This is how Season 6 should have ended imo, but overall it was a great episode and I'm glad they didn't pussy out of making Negan be pure evil.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

2. ISO #2

Re: Walking Dead Season 7 premiere

I didn't like it. You're right, that's how the s6 should have ended. I and others just felt so removed from the situation. Also, I felt they went from one extreme to the next. And I just feel like they brought us up the mountain top too soon with how vile negan could be, any interaction with him moving forward is gonna go down hill or feel not as intense.

I don't know, I think it's gonna be hard to tell this story moving forward now since they went so hard

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I didn't like it. You're right, that's how the s6 should have ended. I and others just felt so removed from the situation. Also, I felt they went from one extreme to the next. And I just feel like they brought us up the mountain top too soon with how vile negan could be, any interaction with him moving forward is gonna go down hill or feel not as intense.

I don't know, I think it's gonna be hard to tell this story moving forward now since they went so hard
    If they stick to his comic depiction, then he'll actually do some more horrible things but they'll also explore a more humane aspect of him. They might also do the whole origin story with his wife at the start of the outbreak as well.

The story with Negan gets better for sure in the upcoming "All-Out War" though.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

4. ISO #4

I liked the small sequence in the middle of the episode. It included a slight disappointment at their choice followed by a shocker where I actually yelled out loud.

The rest of the episode was shit though. The first 20 minutes was a useless tease (seriously you made us wait months, get the fuck on with it) and the last part was over the top. The alternate reality flash forward was downright silly.

Last seasons finale should have tacked on the few minutes worth watching in this episode, and then this episode could have been used to start moving the story forward. This was 60 minutes wasted and I was bored and rolling my eyes for most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Yeah I was so annoyed by the dragging -- also in the comics Negan doesn't hurt women or children and it seems they've removed this aspect of him in the tv version... I just think moving forward. Anything our heroes do to fight back, should illicit the response we got in the premier, but it won't, so it will definitely be like "what happened to this big bad Negan." Killing two people was fine, but for me, Negan seems SO oppressive that I don't know how they're going to drag his story out, given he's still very much a part of the comics still.

My fear: given the shit the writers/gimple have pulled the last few seasons, negan's story will become a joke or they'll just straight ruin the show. They tried to hard to undo the disappointment of the finale that they created an episode so brutal and intense, the rest of the season will not be able to live up to that intensinity and I think a lot of people will be disappointed in the season.

Also, doesn't help that they put a head mold of one of the characters that died on instagram over the summer. It was so removed that I didn't feel anything when both of them died. I'm giving it a few more episodes and then I'm out if it sucks.

7. ISO #7

That's pretty much my fear as well. Also looking at who they killed, it was still a pretty safe decision if you're a comic book reader. Hell, if anything it feels like they wasted some of the shocking moments in the previous season on minor characters (*coughDenise*cough), then completely blew Negan's introduction in the finale, and realized they had to balance the scales. In the end, we wound up exactly where we did in the comics, but instead of it all happening in one issue, it took 7 months.

8. ISO #8

Yeah I was actually hoping they would have taken out carl just for story sake. But that might have too devastating to rick. You're right, those were very safe choices. Also they did waste many surprising deaths on minor characters. Although I liked Denise a lot and her death was sad, although if you lecture people out in the open during a zombie apocalypse, you deserve your fate loll.

9. ISO #9

Meh; Denise never had a large impact on me or the story. None of the Alexandrians that died last season had enough screen time for me to actually care about them. Denise had more development than most of them, but it still was too little. Had it been a character like Abraham (as it was in the comics) or someone like Carol / Daryl, it would have been a big "oh shit!" moment.

Combine the fact that Denise was a pretty inconsequential character with how sudden the death was and... well I burst out laughing.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    twd never fails to underwhelm. its 7 seasons in by now. if you were expecting quality you have no one to blame but yourself at this point.
    The show has its high and low moments. I feel like it'll all of a sudden improve its story telling to just turn around and throw shit at the walls.

Mostly I just like watching comic moments get reimagined in different ways. If I didn't read the comic I probably would have stopped watching a long time ago.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I actually like it so far, though I will admit last episode was kind of just boring to watch.
    I liked the scenes with carl and enid.

The first three were really good imo.
    I haven't even watched the last two because the first three were god awful. The kingdom episode and the Daryl episode could have been combined - watching Daryl eat dog food over and over was boring as fuck

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I haven't even watched the last two because the first three were god awful. The kingdom episode and the Daryl episode could have been combined - watching Daryl seat dog food over and over was boring as fuck
    The kingdom was a nice break in tone compared to the usually dark series, I liked how silly they got with Ezekial, and the episode with Daryl I liked because it showed you inner workings of Negan better from POV of someone being tortured and how someone like him gains power and gets a cult surrounding him. Now this latest episode felt really odd in places such as dialogue and acting, but overall the season I think might not be best so far, but its still above average.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27