$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, this is going to sound stupid...

Why do people want to make money? I mean, make A LOT of money. Without any specific reason set. I've asked some people both irl and online. A lot of them want to be rich, yes... but more than half didnt know why. And for those who wished to actually discuss with me, they said stuff like "for freedom", "isn't it a dream worth pursuing"... Noone thought about the costs of those. Not costs in money, but human costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Practical big spending like housing, furniture and a car. This takes quite a bit of money and the sooner you pay it off, the better.

Daily expenditure such as food, transportation and bills. This amounts to a lot if you're paying for your own stuff.

Luxury expenditure like travelling, vacations, fine dining, entertainment, night life, clothes, dumb impulse purchases, frivolous purchases like overpriced coffee and dessert, etc.

Emergency big spending like medical reasons, disasters, business flops, let go from your job, etc.

Big spending on family like your children's education and general care and your aging parents' medical expenses.

If you have big big money, you can enjoy life without feeling the pinch. Throw 1k away in a single night on entertainment alone and feel nothing but immense contentment. No more financial concerns to keep you awake at night. Anything that you see, you can easily afford if the whim takes you. The world becomes your plaything.

Big big money good. No money bad.

You just need to know what you want money for. But even if you don't, working towards being rich is still a good thing. Better to be in a position where you can spend if you want to, than be in a position where you can't. If it turns out you don't want to spend, no biggie, invest your money somewhere to grow your wealth, or if you're hella lazy, just throw it in a savings account and let it mitigate the inflation a little.
    Last edited by Exeter350; November 15th, 2018 at 01:32 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

"Human costs" wtf yu talking about lol

We want money so we can do the things we want to do before we die and not have to worry about a 9-5.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

well, why wouldn't you want to have lots of money?

obviously, I'm not talking about having an income in the 7-digit range, but anything above 60,000$/year is more than acceptable. You can do lots of shit with that money.

7. ISO #7
    Ganelon

And to sum it up, if you're talking about people who want 1,000,000$, these people tend to be very determined, highly hard-working and smart. They're determined enough and have enough of a drive in whatever it is they do that they simply can't envision not working. It's also that they have massive responsibility, both to themselves, their employees, their customers and their company in general, so they can't easily give up on it. Many of them are driven by ideals like or the betterment of science, for instance.

Nobody wants 1,000,000,000$ just for personal usage. It's an absurd amount of cash that the average person will NEVER need for themselves.

I think Trump and Churchill are good examples of "determined, hard-working and smart" people ^^ Churchill especially literally didn't do anything all day other than working/sleeping/drinking himself to death. Hell he would sometimes be drunk on air, I heard
    Last edited by ; November 15th, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    well, why wouldn't you want to have lots of money?

obviously, I'm not talking about having an income in the 7-digit range, but anything above 60,000$/year is more than acceptable. You can do lots of shit with that money.
    DOES IT REALLY

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

9. ISO #9

I just want to make enough money so my family can live comfortably. About all there is to that honestly for me. :3

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    Practical big spending like housing, furniture and a car. This takes quite a bit of money and the sooner you pay it off, the better.

Daily expenditure such as food, transportation and bills. This amounts to a lot if you're paying for your own stuff.

Luxury expenditure like travelling, vacations, fine dining, entertainment, night life, clothes, dumb impulse purchases, frivolous purchases like overpriced coffee and dessert, etc.

Emergency big spending like medical reasons, disasters, business flops, let go from your job, etc.

Big spending on family like your children's education and general care and your aging parents' medical expenses.

If you have big big money, you can enjoy life without feeling the pinch. Throw 1k away in a single night on entertainment alone and feel nothing but immense contentment. No more financial concerns to keep you awake at night. Anything that you see, you can easily afford if the whim takes you. The world becomes your plaything.

Big big money good. No money bad.

You just need to know what you want money for. But even if you don't, working towards being rich is still a good thing. Better to be in a position where you can spend if you want to, than be in a position where you can't. If it turns out you don't want to spend, no biggie, invest your money somewhere to grow your wealth, or if you're hella lazy, just throw it in a savings account and let it mitigate the inflation a little.
    ...Okay, I guess. But "big big money", as you say. I 100% agree that having enough money to live without concern is a good thing and I'd say it's a good goal. But then, why would you need to work that hard to have TONS of money while you could do other things, as a person? Is spending tons of money on family really better than being able to give your family a good life, and being able to spend TIME with them instead?

The conclusion I keep coming to is: Having a lot of money, as a standalone thing, is great! Of course, if you have a lot of money you can do a lot for everyone including yourself. But is it really worth the time and effort that you put in work instead of putting it in yourself as a person (basically anything but work lol)?

Don't be mistaken: if you come to me saying you have 100k of money earnt legally to give me for free, I won't spit on it... I probably just won't believe you but if I do I'll take it lol. But I don't think it's worth sacrificing your life to work unless you really feel like you're doing SOMETHING. Like the Churchill example was given, this guy was definetly great, and I'm pretty sure that he believed to do something very important and useful.

And personally, I just make money to live happily, without having to worry too much about work. I'm quite poor, yes, but I have enough money for emergencies and to live correctly. And the time I don't spend on working for things that are mostly meaningless, I can spend on other things. Such as visiting family, spending time with friends, playing stuff (Including with you!)... Isn't that worth more than simply being rich "to be free" but then not be free to use your money with your time freely because you need to keep up with your bank account?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

12. ISO #12

And to sum it up, if you're talking about people who want 1,000,000$, these people tend to be very determined, highly hard-working and smart. They're determined enough and have enough of a drive in whatever it is they do that they simply can't envision not working. It's also that they have massive responsibility, both to themselves, their employees, their customers and their company in general, so they can't easily give up on it. Many of them are driven by ideals like or the betterment of science, for instance.

Nobody wants 1,000,000,000$ just for personal usage. It's an absurd amount of cash that the average person will NEVER need for themselves.

I think Trump and Churchill are good examples of "determined, hard-working and smart" people ^^ Churchill especially literally didn't do anything all day other than working/sleeping/drinking himself to death. Hell he would sometimes be drunk on air, I heard
    D-did you just put those two words in the same sentence without any negative?? Daaaamn................

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Yeah, like buy enough weed to smoke 24/7 like you do
    Ok yes my salary pays for rent, bills, insurance, gas, food for 4, plus all my vices (food, alcohol, weed, pussy (sorry @Bunny )), and i would starve on 60k lol

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Ok yes my salary pays for rent, bills, insurance, gas, food for 4, plus all my vices (food, alcohol, weed, pussy (sorry @Bunny )), and i would starve on 60k lol
    But isn't the money you make basically 60k US$?
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    But isn't the money you make basically 60k US$?
    Oh right americans and their monopoly money. Yea its over 60k but i guess its around there. Sad makes it seem so much smaller when we play this game.

16. ISO #16

Oh right americans and their monopoly money. Yea its over 60k but i guess its around there. Sad makes it seem so much smaller when we play this game.
    Bcuz mayors are ricchchhhhhhh

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ...Okay, I guess. But "big big money", as you say. I 100% agree that having enough money to live without concern is a good thing and I'd say it's a good goal. But then, why would you need to work that hard to have TONS of money while you could do other things, as a person? Is spending tons of money on family really better than being able to give your family a good life, and being able to spend TIME with them instead?

The conclusion I keep coming to is: Having a lot of money, as a standalone thing, is great! Of course, if you have a lot of money you can do a lot for everyone including yourself. But is it really worth the time and effort that you put in work instead of putting it in yourself as a person (basically anything but work lol)?

Don't be mistaken: if you come to me saying you have 100k of money earnt legally to give me for free, I won't spit on it... I probably just won't believe you but if I do I'll take it lol. But I don't think it's worth sacrificing your life to work unless you really feel like you're doing SOMETHING. Like the Churchill example was given, this guy was definetly great, and I'm pretty sure that he believed to do something very important and useful.

And personally, I just make money to live happily, without having to worry too much about work. I'm quite poor, yes, but I have enough money for emergencies and to live correctly. And the time I don't spend on working for things that are mostly meaningless, I can spend on other things. Such as visiting family, spending time with friends, playing stuff (Including with you!)... Isn't that worth more than simply being rich "to be free" but then not be free to use your money with your time freely because you need to keep up with your bank account?
    Well, different people want different things in life.

For some people, their work IS their life. For these people, to put time into work IS to put time into themselves. Work is their sole meaning in life, there is simply nothing else that they find worth doing. This could be due to a lack of personal development, or alternatively, the result of personal development. That is, they reflected on their lives and decided to devote themselves to work. There are countless of possible reasons for this.

Why do some people prioritise work over family?
    * Possibly because they come from messed up families and have no emotional attachment at all.
    * Possibly because they're messed up in the head and don't care at all for their families despite being raised in a normal household.
    * Possibly because they think that spending money on their family equates to giving them a good life, whilst forgetting the emotional aspect of family ties and the importance of spending time with them.

The list goes on.

Why do some people prioritise work over play?
    * Possibly because they think play does not lead to any productive outcomes, and is therefore not worth wasting time on even though it is fun.
    * Possibly because they don't just derive satisfaction and fun from games and activities, so they would rather choose to do something productive.
    * Possibly because their work IS their play. That is, they enjoy their work and gain the same satisfaction, entertainment and engagement that others gain from play.

There are countless other reasons.

Finally, the idea of "meaningless things" that people spend on: what is meaningless to you may not be meaningless to others. There can be a lot of meaning for people in brands and luxury that to others is completely frivolous and a waste of money.

For instance:
    * Possibly because they are lacking something in their lives and are using materialistic goods to compensate.
    * Possibly because they just enjoy the finer things in life.
    * Possibly because they are very passionate about certain topics (e.g. sports) so they are very much interested in and willing to spend on related luxury goods (e.g. spending 10k for a pair of sports shoes).

As long as people know what they want, and they're actively working towards achieving it, then it's all good.

The why's are very interesting to know, but unless it affects you directly, there is no need to judge.
    Last edited by Exeter350; November 15th, 2018 at 06:24 PM.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

and sending me foreign treats
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

20. ISO #20

trump is a terrible example, i cant speak for churchill
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

MM do you have a boyfriend?

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Well, different people want different things in life.

For some people, their work IS their life. For these people, to put time into work IS to put time into themselves. Work is their sole meaning in life, there is simply nothing else that they find worth doing. This could be due to a lack of personal development, or alternatively, the result of personal development. That is, they reflected on their lives and decided to devote themselves to work. There are countless of possible reasons for this.

Why do some people prioritise work over family?
    * Possibly because they come from messed up families and have no emotional attachment at all.
    * Possibly because they're messed up in the head and don't care at all for their families despite being raised in a normal household.
    * Possibly because they think that spending money on their family equates to giving them a good life, whilst forgetting the emotional aspect of family ties and the importance of spending time with them.

The list goes on.

Why do some people prioritise work over play?
    * Possibly because they think play does not lead to any productive outcomes, and is therefore not worth wasting time on even though it is fun.
    * Possibly because they don't just derive satisfaction and fun from games and activities, so they would rather choose to do something productive.
    * Possibly because their work IS their play. That is, they enjoy their work and gain the same satisfaction, entertainment and engagement that others gain from play.

There are countless other reasons.

Finally, the idea of "meaningless things" that people spend on: what is meaningless to you may not be meaningless to others. There can be a lot of meaning for people in brands and luxury that to others is completely frivolous and a waste of money.

For instance:
    * Possibly because they are lacking something in their lives and are using materialistic goods to compensate.
    * Possibly because they just enjoy the finer things in life.
    * Possibly because they are very passionate about certain topics (e.g. sports) so they are very much interested in and willing to spend on related luxury goods (e.g. spending 10k for a pair of sports shoes).

As long as people know what they want, and they're actively working towards achieving it, then it's all good.

The why's are very interesting to know, but unless it affects you directly, there is no need to judge.
    Work over family : The last three reasons are sad, bad, but true. The result of personal development, though, will come for people who really believe in what they do. I respect this a lot. But the last three are part of the reasons for which my post is right you kinda prove my point with your answers here. And the exact same thing goes for a no-child relationship.

Play was just an example that comes to me as part of my life, and of many people's lives here because this is a site about a game, if you didn't forget :P so yes, it could be traveling, it could be building stuff, it could be any random hobby... And some would argue that having a family is getting in that too!

And for the meaningless things. You won't tell me that 10k for a pair of sports shoes is meaningful. I honestly don't give a single fuck about you thinking it's cool or not xD this money could be used to help people or build something, idk... and pretty much every reason you could find goes into this:

Yes, knowing what you want is important. Working towards it too. But the very point of this thread is: why are some people ready to sacrifice a lot to this. If you need extreme examples, think about drug dealers, or people doing organ/human selling...

Everyone judges, you and I included, and I state it shamelessly. It is IMPOSSIBLE not to judge. When you look at something, you automatically give it a moral/aesthetic/importance/etc. value. And you might not even notice it, it can be unconcious. And judging is not bad: if noone had judged that the horrors of war were... horrible, well we would not be typing there but we would be fighting eachother everyday instead, Holocaust would be seen as meaningful as eating toasts at morning... If you need closer examples, look at how you wrote the paragraph about playing over working: you have a personal bias (Which is kinda normal because once again, everyone has one, and I don't blame you for it, I believe it's right to some extent, it's just for the sake of explaination) that is: playing is not productive, while working is (so they would rather choose to do something productive.).

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    MM do you have a boyfriend?
    1: no
    2: this is not the place for petty insults
    3: I didn't say there were no valid reasons to work
    4: no cookie for you

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Dude i wasn't insulting you..... I was gonna ask if you wanted one
    Depends of the meaning of "friend" in this case... :P your other posts were kinda leaning towards the sense I saw, though.

blink is gay

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Is MM of the lady type? I have an image to keep up around here
    Are you? ;)

31. ISO #31

also HOW DARE THEE TURNING MAH SERIOUS THREAD IN A SHITPOSTY THREAD

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I am not. But if you are im contractually obligated to flirt on this site
    Lmao okay ;;;;) but no, sorry.

34. ISO #34

And for the meaningless things. You won't tell me that 10k for a pair of sports shoes is meaningful. I honestly don't give a single fuck about you thinking it's cool or not xD this money could be used to help people or build something, idk... and pretty much every reason you could find goes into this:
    Some people don't find meaning in helping others, but find meaning in spending 10k for a pair of shoes. Doesn't necessarily need to be a matter of "compensating for something either", some people just don't care about others, and I don't mean that in a malicious way. It just... doesn't cross their mind to care about others. They live life very happily with 0 concern for society and the world at large lol.

"Starving kids in Africa? Who cares, that's on the other side of the globe bro"
    "iPhones are made by modern-day slave workers in factories in China? That's terrible! Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the new iPhone X, what do you think?

People be CRAZY.

Yes, knowing what you want is important. Working towards it too. But the very point of this thread is: why are some people ready to sacrifice a lot to this. If you need extreme examples, think about drug dealers, or people doing organ/human selling...
    Because those various reasons I mentioned are of different importance to different people.

For instance, I mentioned that a possible reason why people prioritise work over family is because they grew up in a messed up family environment. But some families are only marginally bad (parents are not happy together), while others are seriously messed up (parents scream and shout at each other everyday culminating in domestic violence / parents are alcoholics, drug addicts, compulsive gamblers, wife beaters, child beaters, rapists, criminals, useless bums, etc).

The greater the stimulus, the bigger the impact.
    Last edited by Exeter350; November 15th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

35. ISO #35

Some people don't find meaning in helping others, but find meaning in spending 10k for a pair of shoes. Doesn't necessarily need to be a matter of "compensating for something either", some people just don't care about others, and I don't mean that in a malicious way. It just... doesn't cross their mind to care about others. They live life very happily with 0 concern for society and the world at large lol.

"Starving kids in Africa? Who cares, that's on the other side of the globe bro"
    "iPhones are made by modern-day slave workers in factories in China? That's terrible! Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the new iPhone X, what do you think?

People be CRAZY.

Because those various reasons I mentioned are of different importance to different people.

For instance, I mentioned that a possible reason why people prioritise work over family is because they grew up in a messed up family environment. But some families are only marginally bad (parents are not happy together), while others are seriously messed up (parents scream and shout at each other everyday culminating in domestic violence / parents are alcoholics, drug addicts, compulsive gamblers, wife beaters, child beaters, rapists, criminals, useless bums, etc).

The greater the stimulus, the bigger the impact.
    Huh lol indeed, but then those people are wrong... so we come to the same conclusion here

You're right. You pretty much are the only one who tried to answer this thread correctly and actually did xD

36. ISO #36
    Ganelon

They're not wrong. They simply have another purpose in life than you do.
    Would you characterize Bill Gates or Steve Jobs as being "wrong"?
    Not everyone is prepared for that kind of life. Even if you are in theory capable of managing a company on all levels that is necessary, you are most likely not prepared for the lifestyle itself. Granted, I don't think completely abandoning your family for "the greater good" is a good choice to make, but they don't all do that. Gates & Jobs had a family and children =P

37. ISO #37
    Ganelon

Also i have two kids and a wife to support, i want them to have good easy lives. So i have to work my life away and im ok with that.
    ^^

38. ISO #38
    Ganelon

Lmao okay ;;;;) but no, sorry.
    She's lying @Slaol . She sent all of us pics, dunno why she's holding out on you; try harder dude

39. ISO #39

They're not wrong. They simply have another purpose in life than you do.
    Would you characterize Bill Gates or Steve Jobs as being "wrong"?
    Not everyone is prepared for that kind of life. Even if you are in theory capable of managing a company on all levels that is necessary, you are most likely not prepared for the lifestyle itself. Granted, I don't think completely abandoning your family for "the greater good" is a good choice to make, but they don't all do that. Gates & Jobs had a family and children =P
    I didn't say that people doing things "for the greater good" as you say, were wrong. Just that most people putting money and work in the very first place of their life without actually doing it for the greater good IN THE MEANING YOU JUST USED, not another, are wrong.

Also, Jobs and especially Gates aren't great examples of good persons IMO... do some research lol

40. ISO #40

^^
    Yeah, this I respect. If he has time to play with us he also has time for his family, that's for sure. But I'm not here to judge y'all, just the entire world. i judge that way of thinking positively in this context though.
    She's lying @Slaol . She sent all of us pics, dunno why she's holding out on you; try harder dude
    Yea, in fact I'm Magoroth's sister.

Brother, going off topic here, what is the flag in the middle of the Double Eagle at center? I have never seen it and if it's in the middle...

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Because with having lots of money you can buy more things than usual human.
    You can rise up to a higher class.
    Control the grey mass, get to the best hotels, eat best food and more...

This question is hillarious, pepole are greedy and that's why.
    Greed makes pepole want to earn more money.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

43. ISO #43
    Ganelon

It's my city's flag.
    @Marshmallow Marshall

44. ISO #44

It's my city's flag.
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    I feel like I wouldn't have guessed.