Russia and France in early XXth century: link?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Russia and France in early XXth century: link?

You guys may find this strange, but I feel like there was a lost diplomatic relationship between France and Russia at this time. I mean, Russia helped A LOT in WW2 (Ok not much surprising, with Hitler vs Stalin...), but still. France never really supported anything, and Russia has a tendency to dislike anything they see if it's not covered with red banners and hammers + sickles. For some reason, not France, at least I think. Any reason?

Btw if you wonder what brought me to this: I was searching for the old old old russian anthem, the internationale, and I got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSDuaHFKuc. Listen to the first one... doesn't it remind you something? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: Russia and France in early XXth century: link?

Well, here's my admittedly limited knowledge on the subject.

During the early days of World War 2, France had a thriving communist party. The whole country was under continual threat of a coup if there were enough support. IMO if republican spain won the civil war, France would've probably turned.

Take all of the following info with a grain of salt because I didn't do much research to back it up.

From what I can tell, the USSR kind of took pity on france after they were capitulated. They likely had some inner workings with the aforementioned french commune party. Stalin may have tried to support a coup but failed. We may never know.
    They were definitely working together in the war. The Comintern and Allies cooperated. They had Hitler caught in a two front war where he was (eventually) losing ground. While Stalin invaded Berlin, the allies worked on continual bombing raids, damaging much of the city defences. They may not have really enjoyed the company, but the two alliances definitely tolerated the other so they could keep the war under control.

To answer your question, I feel like it's a combination of the teamwork between the two nations and the political similarities. I don't know for sure, but it seems that the Soviet officials were attempting to go to work in France.

Feel free to disprove any of this, it might not be accurate. I just spent 10 minutes doing some basic google searches and enjoyed the process. Good question!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

3. ISO #3

Thanks for your comment stealth! Well, maybe you didn't know but I'm french so lol. I know about the communist party. But what you said here is interesting: France had capitulated. So, USSR could try to get an "easy ally" that would support them, a safe zone. And from what you said about the Soviet officals, I think there was a part of these guys wanting to install the USSR system in France, with help of the PCF. France having tons of communist antecedents... it would've been rather easy to take over the communist party & followers to install a strong control in France. Hell, I just realized I could be living in USSR.

P.S.: Which soviet officials? Going to search about that, because "soviet" means "council", so it's rather laaaarge... So, if someone from the Soviet Supreme came, chances are that I am right about USSR wanting to have an outpost in Western Europe.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Well, maybe you didn't know but I'm french so lol.
    ah go figure

baguette joke

As for your questions... I have no fucking clue. Good luck finding your answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

My guess is
    France hates Germany
    Russia also hates Germany
    Germany hates them both

It was an "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Also yeah the commie party is France was huge and if they could get the support for a coup we would have gone down a very different path. Feel free to correct me as i'm wrong 98% of the time
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    My guess is
    France hates Germany
    Russia also hates Germany
    Germany hates them both

It was an "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Also yeah the commie party is France was huge and if they could get the support for a coup we would have gone down a very different path. Feel free to correct me as i'm wrong 98% of the time
    I had these thoughts before, but what SB16 said made me think about something much deeper.... that USSR wanted to get France as a communist outpost.

7. ISO #7

I had these thoughts before, but what SB16 said made me think about something much deeper.... that USSR wanted to get France as a communist outpost.
    That's the whole reason USA didn't give weapons to french resistants. Because most were commies.

8. ISO #8

USSR don't wanted to capture France. They wanted to liberate the Europe from Nazi Germany. It's the countries's decission: be communist, or not.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    USSR don't wanted to capture France. They wanted to liberate the Europe from Nazi Germany. It's the countries's decission: be communist, or not.
    Not CAPTURE France... make it a communist outpost, have a stronger control on the country. And if you're gonna pull USSR was so niiiiiiice and never wanted to invade anyone, no lol.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Oh @Arsonist I am curious of what you think about the fall of USSR... Was it really these countries's choice?

11. ISO #11

Oh @Arsonist I am curious of what you think about the fall of USSR... Was it really these countries's choice?
    It wasn't.

Only 3 respublics signed for destroying USSR: Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Nowdays, everyone in Russia hates Boris Yeltsin for making the one of worst events in Russian history.

What happened to these respublics?
    Russia got a huge fall of economics, dollar risen from 40 kopecks to 64 roubles. Some oblasts, respublics, krais, autonomies are good to live in and some are bad.
    Ukraine got brainwashed by "american money", governement does everything for it: destroying production, re-writting the history e.t.c. They hate Russia.
    Belarus keeps good relationships with Russia, they still don't have a rise: tax for unemployement, that everyone hates.
    Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania is close to be a "ghost countries", pepole are moving from these. Governement hates Russia for money, but not the pepole.
    Georgia, Azerbaigan, Armenia, all of these had also their fall. Pepole are trying to move anywhere else.
    Kazakhstan, about this one i don't know, pepole just don't want to move to Russia, so it's a "one of best" after-communist countries i guess.
    Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Kirgistan, cheap working force for Russia.
    Turkmenistan, FREEDOM FROM TAXES!!! (Has a lot of oil, proably has better economics, than the whole Russia)

It wasn't a choice, pepole actually liked USSR. But it was a close country, pepole was naive and they was happy to see world, outside USSR.
    Now they regret it: foreign hamburgers actually was made of sytethics and that "Coca-cola" becomes congealed oil, if you'll cook it in pan. (I guess, because it REALLY looks like that, in taste too)
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.