S-FM 209: Surreptitious: The Game of Spies - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM 210: Surreptitious: The Game of Spies

Assuming Group 3 goes through, right now I'm looking to lynch between Gingerape and Never Unlucky I think.

Probably NU atm, I need to look again closely at his posts but there were some weird things I didn't like.

Townreading RLVG for his pushing against Duck, actually, and Yuki has done nothing to ping me yet.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

2. ISO #302

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Yeah
    This is the most half-arsed post I've seen yet.

Okay, I see that now.

I forgot Scum needed the majority within a group, I thought it was overall.
    You forgot...? Just how many posts have you made here?

First post is voting Calix, Group 2.
    Second is "Yeah".
    And third is "I forgot (Insert what you forgot)".

Did you just pretend to be part of a large discussion?

3. ISO #303

@secondpassing is replacing @Spruance
    @SuperJack is replacing @Slayer

secondpassing and SuperJack, please confirm your role in the QT I linked you before you post itt.

Sprunce and Slayer are no longer aloud to post in this thread.
    Last edited by Quick; August 13th, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

4. ISO #304

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    @Klingoncelt is issued a warning for editing their post. If it it happens again, it is within my power to mod kill the slot.

I take players editing their posts very seriously, do not challenge me on this.
    This is the first time outside of my home site that I've seen the edit option opened.

If you don't want posts edited, lock the edit function out to non-mods.

Otherwise, I consider the game bastard.

(ftr, I posted the vote incorrectly, there was no space between the "p" and the "2.")

5. ISO #305

6. ISO #306

This is the first time outside of my home site that I've seen the edit option opened.

It's extremely standard for this website to ban edits and deletion of posts during FM games.
    Wasn't it the case that Edit was removed at one point? Why is it back?

7. ISO #307

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    M'am, A BALANCED SETUP!!!
    This setup shouldn't have a possibility of losing N1.
    From what I see of the mechanics, that is a possible outcome that can happen if town doesn't get their shit together within the next two days.

With regards to motivation, I'm referring to WHY you'd choose to bring up said point of all the things to discuss about mechanics. Context matters.

You always make yourself low hanging fruit, it's common enough to be meta at this point. Even here you're making yourself plain scummy by publicly announcing a bullshit "hidden mechanic" that obscures your win condition for the first cycle. Beside, "anything out of context", it doesn't warrant you of stuff such as "Lol, let's lynch RLVG because he's better off dead, even if he's town" (not exact wording, but kind of close).
    Question. Why do you consider Duck 'low-hanging fruit'? I don't think he's been MLed in a game before and he's not easy to deal with in general.

Exactly WHY is my posts shitty?
    For the reasons detailed in my response to you, which you've covered in the rest of this response.

A Mafia unwittingly voting for a member of the Mafia =/= game-throwing. However you make a good point when you say that Duck is the only person who has talked about anything relating to hidden mechanics as of yet.

Not a fan of me? What is this, a subtle threat?
    Yes, I'm going to clobber you over the head with an electric fan. Or I didn't like your initial post but not enough to legitimately scum-read you.

This isn't constructive at all. Why Calix?
    Context: The recent M-FM where I posted over 1,500 times and tunneled a quarter of the town, herself included, to the point where she tried to get herself lynched. Needless to say, Klingoncelt was vocally upset with this play.

It's also possible that she's scum-reading me but I think my explanation is more plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

8. ISO #308

(ftr, I posted the vote incorrectly, there was no space between the "p" and the "2.")
    Read the rules. If you can't be arsed to even read the rules, you have no business playing in this game.

Furthermore, I don't think I even have the ability/power to keep players from editing their posts. I just double checked the thread tools and administrator tools and that that seems to be the case.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

9. ISO #309

I'm pushing against Duck and since you agree with yourself that I'm a townlead / townread, you should also have an opinion based on my arguments against Duck, right?
    I'm undecided on Duck's claim, I don't think he's getting lynched today though.

It's not your arguments that has me townreading you, but the fact that (and how) that you're making them. It would be very easy for a Mafia to kinda brush the claim aside for now as others like Calix have done, however your continued pushing of it has little scum motivation and gives the impression of a town who actually does think Duck's claim is BS.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

10. ISO #310

11. ISO #311

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    From what I see of the mechanics, that is a possible outcome that can happen if town doesn't get their shit together within the next two days.

With regards to motivation, I'm referring to WHY you'd choose to bring up said point of all the things to discuss about mechanics. Context matters.
    Why would we allow a setup in which we can mislynch once and the Scum can kill the last town for an instant 2v2 in the group for an instant win?
    The game just wouldn't be approved.

I bring up shit whenever I think of it.

However you make a good point when you say that Duck is the only person who has talked about anything relating to hidden mechanics as of yet.
    We agree on something for once.

Context: The recent M-FM where I posted over 1,500 times and tunneled a quarter of the town, herself included, to the point where she tried to get herself lynched. Needless to say, Klingoncelt was vocally upset with this play.

It's also possible that she's scum-reading me but I think my explanation is more plausible.
    How would I know this? Completely unrelated to the game and no explanation / hints at all other than just saying "because Calix" lol.

12. ISO #312

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Assuming Group 3 goes through, right now I'm looking to lynch between Gingerape and Never Unlucky I think.

Probably NU atm, I need to look again closely at his posts but there were some weird things I didn't like.

Townreading RLVG for his pushing against Duck, actually, and Yuki has done nothing to ping me yet.
    I can relate...to absolutely none of these reads.

Someone pushing back against a player who wanted to PL them doesn't make them a town-read. If anything, his recent response to your town-read is townier because instead of just sitting on it, he's using it to get you to flesh out your thoughts.

I'm undecided on Duck's claim, I don't think he's getting lynched today though.

It's not your arguments that has me townreading you, but the fact that (and how) that you're making them. It would be very easy for a Mafia to kinda brush the claim aside for now as others like Calix have done, however your continued pushing of it has little scum motivation and gives the impression of a town who actually does think Duck's claim is BS.
    Him not getting lynched today is completely irrelevant to your indecision about his claim. Taking this logic to the extreme, anyone outside of the chosen group for the lynch shouldn't be read because hey, they can't get lynched today either.

I like how you think pushing the claim is town-sided, yet you do the exact opposite with your response to the claim. (which is the definition of neutral)
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

13. ISO #313

It's not down to the host weather the site has allowed editing or not. It's not within his power to allow edit or not.

It's to do with FM management. Take it up with FM staff.

It's also noted in the host rules not to edit. So you have no excuse.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

14. ISO #314

15. ISO #315

Why would we allow a setup in which we can mislynch once and the Scum can kill the last town for an instant 2v2 in the group for an instant win?
    The game just wouldn't be approved.
    I agree it's nuts, but I don't see anything in the setup that prevents that scenario from occurring. You have two possibilities: a) there is a hidden mechanic that does something like, I dunno, switch around the members in the group to even it out, or b) the Host didn't consider this scenario and thus has to account for it now in some way.

How would I know this? Completely unrelated to the game and no explanation / hints at all other than just saying "because Calix" lol.
    You wouldn't, that's why I was explaining it for you.

16. ISO #316

17. ISO #317

SuperJack, please confirm your role in the QT I linked you before you post itt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Does anyone know how to open a quick topic using Android?
    Lol.
    If you're using tappachat or whatever it's called, it sucks. I do it manually using Chrome, tap the link.

18. ISO #318

Does anyone know how to open a quick topic using Android?
    I deeply apologise for this, but I do not. I have NEVER been a phone person so I know very little on how they work. I can, however, ask around on my home site to see who knows.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

19. ISO #319

@Quick can you edit in the replacement names into the groups in the OP please?

20. ISO #320

Lol.
    If you're using tappachat or whatever it's called, it sucks. I do it manually using Chrome, tap the link.
    I get stuck with the bot check. It tells me to type in the number. I do, but then there is no way to press enter/done.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

21. ISO #321

@Quick can you edit in the replacement names into the groups in the OP please?
    Absolutely. I can do that, yes.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

22. ISO #322

23. ISO #323

I agree it's nuts, but I don't see anything in the setup that prevents that scenario from occurring. You have two possibilities: a) there is a hidden mechanic that does something like, I dunno, switch around the members in the group to even it out, or b) the Host didn't consider this scenario and thus has to account for it now in some way.
    PR!

Bodyguard can defend the victim.
    Commuter can nope the fuck away.
    Rolestopper can prevent the attack.

As for the hidden mechanic, there's a message that it's not bastard by any metric and are done for balance only.
    What's balanced for Duck's claim? Just putting that out.

You wouldn't, that's why I was explaining it for you.
    It's well appreciated.

24. ISO #324

I can relate...to absolutely none of these reads.

Someone pushing back against a player who wanted to PL them doesn't make them a town-read. If anything, his recent response to your town-read is townier because instead of just sitting on it, he's using it to get you to flesh out your thoughts.
    I'm not townreading him off his pushing because it was a push against the PL thing but for other reasons. See #309, basically little scum motivation in the push now that Duck's reversed his position + very easy for Mafia to have conformed with a "let's leave Duck alone" position like you and others have taken.

Him not getting lynched today is completely irrelevant to your indecision about his claim. Taking this logic to the extreme, anyone outside of the chosen group for the lynch shouldn't be read because hey, they can't get lynched today either.

I like how you think pushing the claim is town-sided, yet you do the exact opposite with your response to the claim. (which is the definition of neutral)
    Duck is the unique outlier in regards to reads because of his claim. He's either Mafia and lying or literally a blank slate with no alignment. I'd rather read him tomorrow, and his not getting lynched reinforces that.

I like that you bring it up too, are you going to take it any further or just leave it hanging there?
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

25. ISO #325

26. ISO #326

27. ISO #327

I get stuck with the bot check. It tells me to type in the number. I do, but then there is no way to press enter/done.
    I don't have that.
    Is there a "I am not a bot" thing that you need to click/check for it to see you're not a bot?

Meanwhile I suppose Quick can issue you the rolecard via PM until the solution has been found and confirm it there. @Quick

Oh shit I better stop posting =/
    Then don't!

28. ISO #328

Meanwhile I suppose Quick can issue you the rolecard via PM until the solution has been found and confirm it there. @Quick
    Thank you for the suggestion, I have done this.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

29. ISO #329

posting this now since I can at least enter enter discussion. I've caught up, and just going to the posts i want to either comment on or have a question about. Prob get a read list soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    (you can ask others that everything I am about to say in this post is a 100% honest regardless of my alignment, would never be wifom and is 100% accurate)

As town and mafia, I try 100% until the end. NO if ands or buts. In world of music, it was final 5, I was red checked, the town had auto and I fought for fucking hours trying everything in the book to win the game. I would be jovial as both alignments. I will say though IF I EVER ROLL NEUTRAL KILLING I WILL JUMP OFF THE FIRST BRIDGE I SEE IN REAL LIFE.
    If your miller, there is no way in hell your ever going to be neutral, since there is no opposite of neutral (involved?) to come back with due to being miller.

If you are somehow neutral, you defy the game.

Good to know too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerape View Post
    Aww...shapelog already took the 'I didnt read the setup very well and I miscounted the number of mafia members play' I was totally going to use that so people would think never think I'm mafia if I didn't even know how many teammates I had.

Oh, I'll use this text color so people passively think I'm town since town is green ^^
    Why is there always a Rsoultin on other sites ffs.

Gingerape = Rsoultin = Satan.

Moving on from my hate with playing with people who type like her.

Normally, I be more sus. if someone basically admitted to premeditating to look townie like this, but i cannot tell if it is just ginger's character or I am right to assume. Since Rsoultin posts basically exactly like this in TL land, I going to not focus on it as much as I would, since it isn't AI for her.

Also what do you make of the fact that I apperently "Took" your play? You better be careful, your grapes are next.

..uwah! I was just thinking out loud! >~<

Mhm. I don't know which group to vote for..hmm...I'm sure that there's a 2/1/1 split! That seems the most fairest way to do it ^^

So I guess any group at this point would be fine to choose....
    I know this a bit back, but how would all groups are ok to choose make sense if you think there is a 2/1/1 split.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Blame MikeVipe for mafia game loading screen: Trust no one, except yourself
    But i went deeper: I trust no one, not even myself
    I already declared that every game i trust no one v(o.o(<
    God I am already getting PTSD with how much her posts sound likes satan's.
    I don't know who Shapelog and Alles_Paletti is, but wow, MattZed and Titus in the same group? And Klingoncelt too?
    Idk who the hell you are either.
    Want to exchange contact information?
    My number is (373) 874-9003
    "Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine."

30. ISO #330

PR!

Bodyguard can defend the victim.
    Commuter can nope the fuck away.
    Rolestopper can prevent the attack.

As for the hidden mechanic, there's a message that it's not bastard by any metric and are done for balance only.
    What's balanced for Duck's claim? Just putting that out.

It's well appreciated.
    Much as the idea of losing by N1 is ridiculous, I'm not sure the only defense we have is magical TPR button-pressing night actions. That basically places the outcome of the game on the hands of a few players which is also shitty.

I'm not townreading him off his pushing because it was a push against the PL thing but for other reasons. See #309, basically little scum motivation in the push now that Duck's reversed his position + very easy for Mafia to have conformed with a "let's leave Duck alone" position like you and others have taken.

Duck is the unique outlier in regards to reads because of his claim. He's either Mafia and lying or literally a blank slate with no alignment. I'd rather read him tomorrow, and his not getting lynched reinforces that.

I like that you bring it up too, are you going to take it any further or just leave it hanging there?
    This is the second time now that you've specifically referenced myself here. Are you scum-reading me for not pushing Duck in a similar vein to RLVG? If not, why do you keep bringing me up?

This is the same reasoning that most players have used when choosing not to read Duck today/ null-read him.

Yes, I'm accusing you of not taking a side with the Duck issue while passing judgment on players who have. Easy enough for you to do that when you haven't concluded either way.

31. ISO #331

@secondpassing is replacing @Sprunce

secondpassing and SuperJack, please confirm your role in the QT I linked you before you post itt.

That's more like it...

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

32. ISO #332

33. ISO #333

Quote Originally Posted by Shapelog View Post
    Good to know too.

Normally, I be more sus. if someone basically admitted to premeditating to look townie like this, but i cannot tell if it is just ginger's character or I am right to assume. Since Rsoultin posts basically exactly like this in TL land, I going to not focus on it as much as I would, since it isn't AI for her.
    lmao wut

You bring up a player (who nobody here is going to know about), DON'T give context so that we just kind of have to guess at what you're babbling on about...and then you allow this other player's behaviour to affect your judgment of a different player's potential to be Town/ Mafia?

I don't even.

34. ISO #334

posting this now since I can at least enter enter discussion. I've caught up, and just going to the posts i want to either comment on or have a question about. Prob get a read list soon.

If your miller, there is no way in hell your ever going to be neutral, since there is no opposite of neutral (involved?) to come back with due to being miller.

If you are somehow neutral, you defy the game.

Good to know too.

Also what do you make of the fact that I apperently "Took" your play? You better be careful, your grapes are next.

I know this a bit back, but how would all groups are ok to choose make sense if you think there is a 2/1/1 split.

God I am already getting PTSD with how much her posts sound likes satan's.

Idk who the hell you are either.
    Want to exchange contact information?
    My number is (373) 874-9003
    I ain't your father big boss. But I'm sure.....

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

35. ISO #335

36. ISO #336

37. ISO #337

You need a account to access it (QT), which will require you to make account or login in. If you don't have a account, your kinda f**ked.
    That's not true, I've posted plenty without an account.
    I started an account so I don't have to keep naming myself.

38. ISO #338

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340

Can we go back to Duck that his claim is bullshit?

1. A rule about win condition, but since he doesn't know his win condition then he can easily go against it.
    2. He's the only one that's actually mentioning something like this.
    3. You have to confirm your role for the host to start the game.

41. ISO #341

lmao wut

You bring up a player (who nobody here is going to know about), DON'T give context so that we just kind of have to guess at what you're babbling on about...and then you allow this other player's behaviour to affect your judgment of a different player's potential to be Town/ Mafia?

I don't even.
    I don't care if your even. Be odd, its better.

Rsoultin is a player with a very very very very very very
    *five days later*
    Very very very very similar post style as Y-girls posts. The way they type their comments are almost identical, their behavior they display when they are posting are identical (whimsy while being able to be flustered.) And rn now, their play as i look at it is similar.

And yes i did, maybe when i do this i am to hasty, but from experience of playing off site with players that remind me of her, i tend to be right in that assumption that they/will think like her as well. So I did it here.

If your want more context, you know where to find me.
    "Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine."

42. ISO #342

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post

I think the mafia in group 1 has not posted yet. Honestly I expected the mafia to pressure me for my role more than they have. This leads me to believe 1-2 of the mafia have not posted yet or a lot, or that I am mafia and they need to fucking soft claim this to me before I lynch them all lol.
    So you're sure that there's only 1 Mafia in Group one?

Why?

43. ISO #343

You're worse than me on Null lol. I'm curious, why are you trusting Duck's claim? What if there was a hidden mechanic that he needs to stay alive during the night to use his massacre night ability gotten from a hidden mechanic? You're putting too much faith into this.
    This whole claim is WIFOM based. Do you believe that he’s scum trying not to be lynched D1 or do you believe in his claim? I reject the first wine cup because :
    He drew a lot of attention on him with his claim. I doubt scum would draw this much attention onto themselves this early on. Scum would probably keep the claim for themselves which may be what someone else is doing atm.
    Also, such a claim would guarantee that an investigative role checks him tonight. Dunno why scum would risk it.
    Are you suggesting that he could be in a third faction?
    @Never Unlucky
    [SPOILER=(Text Flavor)], not [SPOILER].
    Thanks. :3
    @secondpassing is replacing @Sprunce

Called it.

1. A rule about win condition, but since he doesn't know his win condition then he can easily go against it.
    #3 is scary...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

44. ISO #344

Rsoultin is a player with a very very very very very very
    *five days later*
    Very very very very similar post style as Y-girls posts. The way they type their comments are almost identical, their behavior they display when they are posting are identical (whimsy while being able to be flustered.) And rn now, their play as i look at it is similar.

What is a Y-girl? What has grammar to do with anything? I understand behavior, but grammar?

45. ISO #345

This is the second time now that you've specifically referenced myself here. Are you scum-reading me for not pushing Duck in a similar vein to RLVG? If not, why do you keep bringing me up?

This is the same reasoning that most players have used when choosing not to read Duck today/ null-read him.

Yes, I'm accusing you of not taking a side with the Duck issue while passing judgment on players who have. Easy enough for you to do that when you haven't concluded either way.
    You're just the person who did so that I remember, I think Titus did so too? Just the first person that came to mind in order to make my point that RLVG could have easily conformed.

Yup, and see above.

I'm not passing judgment on anyone other than RLVG.

I'm going to be gone for a number of hours but later this evening should be a time when I can be online for a longer period.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

46. ISO #346

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    This whole claim is WIFOM based. Do you believe that he’s scum trying not to be lynched D1 or do you believe in his claim? I reject the first wine cup because :
    He drew a lot of attention on him with his claim. I doubt scum would draw this much attention onto themselves this early on. Scum would probably keep the claim for themselves which may be what someone else is doing atm.
    Also, such a claim would guarantee that an investigative role checks him tonight. Dunno why scum would risk it.
    Are you suggesting that he could be in a third faction?
    Duck has done this multiple times, drawing attention to himself. I don't see this as uncommon. As scum too.
    The suggestion I made at the time there was based on that he might be extremely valuable for the first night as scum.

47. ISO #347

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    I ain't your father big boss. But I'm sure.....
    I don't get it.
    (r u going to answer meh questions?)

Quote me the Miller rolecard from the setup, thanks.
    Apparently, there isn't one in the set up for this site in the set up......
    um..?

But Millers are (in normal games) unaware and are given a VT townie PM. When checked by something like cop, they come back red. I've personally never seen a Red miller, but have seen aware millers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JealousTL View Post
    "You have reached a non-working number."

LiAR

SUS
    Hmmm,
    Try calling 1-866-531-2600 and seeing if that works.
    That's not true, I've posted plenty without an account.
    I started an account so I don't have to keep naming myself.
    On phone?

1st one i have no clue about. Unless he has gotten additional win con like live till you get alignment > alignment goal.
    2, could be the only one if true? its a weird fucking role tbh to be in a game.
    3rd, doesn't mean he necessary knew what he exactly was.

48. ISO #348

Apparently, there isn't one in the set up for this site in the set up......
    um..?

But Millers are (in normal games) unaware and are given a VT townie PM. When checked by something like cop, they come back red. I've personally never seen a Red miller, but have seen aware millers.
    There's no miller in this setup unless it's part of a hidden mechanic and it's pretty much required for all roles to be visible, give or take modifiers and there was a warranty of it not being bastardized.

49. ISO #349

You're just the person who did so that I remember, I think Titus did so too? Just the first person that came to mind in order to make my point that RLVG could have easily conformed.
    Okay? You didn't answer the question about wherever you scum-read me or not...in general before you go "but I don't think not pushing Duck is AI" or whatever. Given that you've grouped "pushing Duck" as a town-sided thing, the fact that you then specifically name players in the other category implies that they are not acting (as?) town-sided which is why I'm pushing this line of thought.

Duck has done this multiple times, drawing attention to himself. I don't see this as uncommon. As scum too.
    The suggestion I made at the time there was based on that he might be extremely valuable for the first night as scum.
    I don't disagree with the first part.

However, I don't see any scum-aligned role that would be so valuable that this gambit would be attempted. Care to expand on this theory?

50. ISO #350

However, I don't see any scum-aligned role that would be so valuable that this gambit would be attempted. Care to expand on this theory?
    Too scummy to be scum and other similar gambits in order to not be lynched, at all cost, in order for him to initiate his extremely vital night action.
    It'll force investigations on him, but the action has already been made at that point.