Hi, new old player here.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Hi, new old player here.

Hi,

I've been playing Mafia since feb 2015 (on and off). I have played on 8 sites and lost track of counting how many games I have played after 26. This will be the 9th site I play at. I would say I have enough experience to not be a newb, but still have a lot of work to do to hone my skills.

On to my question. I have developed a game a I would like to know what the procedure is for getting to run it as a Mod of the game. I can assure you that it is balanced already since I have run it by various people from multiple sites who have experience creating games with balance. However, if having my game looked at for balance is necessary to run a game here I have no problems having someone look at it for balance. the game in question has been reworked many many times for balance and I believe I have finally found that balance.

Thanks for answering.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Hi, new old player here.

Run it by @MattZed or @Orpz
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

@Quick , welcome to the site!

Our general rule is that you need to have played a game on our site before you can host one. We currently have a game open for signups if you'd like to get started right away.

Regarding your setup, we have different schedules for hosting 20-player and <13 player games. (the latter happen much more often) As for hidden mechanics, if you have any, you'll need to PM me the setup for approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    @Quick , welcome to the site!

Our general rule is that you need to have played a game on our site before you can host one. We currently have a game open for signups if you'd like to get started right away.

Regarding your setup, we have different schedules for hosting 20-player and <13 player games. (the latter happen much more often) As for hidden mechanics, if you have any, you'll need to PM me the setup for approval.
    Thanks for the response. The mechanics are for balance. It is not complicated in concept, but there is some kind of simplistic elegance to it. I was in the middle of PMing the setup to one of you guys last night, but sadly it requires me to look things up on MafiaScumWiki and that is down for me atm (or it was last night and was a little while ago, but haven't checked in the last hour). I'll be sure to PM you the setup with all required info when I can and when the wiki is able to access.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Thanks for the response. The mechanics are for balance. It is not complicated in concept, but there is some kind of simplistic elegance to it. I was in the middle of PMing the setup to one of you guys last night, but sadly it requires me to look things up on MafiaScumWiki and that is down for me atm (or it was last night and was a little while ago, but haven't checked in the last hour). I'll be sure to PM you the setup with all required info when I can and when the wiki is able to access.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I look forward to reading your setup! I should warn you, however, that if it involves having more than 13 players, you may have to wait quite some time to host it. (However, if you're steadfastly invested in hosting a larger game, we may be able to work something out, but I don't want to promise anything yet)

8. ISO #8

I look forward to reading your setup! I should warn you, however, that if it involves having more than 13 players, you may have to wait quite some time to host it. (However, if you're steadfastly invested in hosting a larger game, we may be able to work something out, but I don't want to promise anything yet)
    Thanks, It kinda hurts a little that my game is 15 player game. So, yeah, I will prolly have to wait some time. Its unfortunate that I have to wait so long to get my baby running, but what can you do?

I will say this game has been reworked to the point of pedantry so I am pretty sure it is balanced. That does not mean you will not have questions about it, however. Even people who are good at creating games usually have some questions for clarification for this one.

Can't wait to run it to be sure

9. ISO #9

Thanks, It kinda hurts a little that my game is 15 player game. So, yeah, I will prolly have to wait some time. Its unfortunate that I have to wait so long to get my baby running, but what can you do?

I will say this game has been reworked to the point of pedantry so I am pretty sure it is balanced. That does not mean you will not have questions about it, however. Even people who are good at creating games usually have some questions for clarification for this one.

Can't wait to run it to be sure
    Hmm. A 15-player game would be a fair bit unusual for our site, but given your displayed level of interest, I may be able to give it an exception and let you host it on the same schedule that a new 13-player setup would be afforded. (which would be sometime within the 30 days, depending on when other games finish) If you're able to recruit new players who would be interested in also playing your setup, that would help expedite the process.

10. ISO #10

Hmm. A 15-player game would be a fair bit unusual for our site, but given your displayed level of interest, I may be able to give it an exception and let you host it on the same schedule that a new 13-player setup would be afforded. (which would be sometime within the 30 days, depending on when other games finish) If you're able to recruit new players who would be interested in also playing your setup, that would help expedite the process.
    I've never been the most influential when it comes to getting people to do what I want, but I will def give it a shot to be sure. I can try and look around and see if some people on my home site might be willing to make the trip over.

Just to be clear, I have never modded a game before. Reason being is I wanted to start with a bang. I put a lot of time into my potential setups and I want them to be a cut above the rest. Aim for perfection, accept excellence sort of thing. Quality over quantity. BTW I do know someone from this site already who I have had the pleasure of playing with on a number of occasions and even did a hydra with them. That would be FireBringer. He's kinda the reason I'm here. Well, that and at my homes site some people were coming from and going to this site. Its a thing of beauty how people get interested and start playing on different sites.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Post the setup
    I sent the setup to Matt. Its not like its spectacular or anything, but it is a bit different. I've been waiting for Matt to PM me back for him to tell me if it is balance, or rather, if it works for this site I guess.

I can post most of the setup, but not the whole thing because there are hidden mechanics, so if I post it out in the open, it will not be the full game. I will go ahead and post what I can if you are cool with this though.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

I sent the setup to Matt. Its not like its spectacular or anything, but it is a bit different. I've been waiting for Matt to PM me back for him to tell me if it is balance, or rather, if it works for this site I guess.

I can post most of the setup, but not the whole thing because there are hidden mechanics, so if I post it out in the open, it will not be the full game. I will go ahead and post what I can if you are cool with this though.
    Yea, post what you're willing to. Just so people can see what it's about, ect. Keep all your hidden mechanics private, obv

34. ISO #34

I'll just post what I have directly from my QT.

Surreptitious: The Game of Spies

11 Town:

4 Mafia:

Mechanics:
    It starts off with 3 GROUPS. When all members of the mafia are lynched from a group, the remaining members of that will join the remaining group(s) as evenly as possible but will be random what players will join what group where applicable. Mafia must NK someone from the previous group that was chosen to lynch from.

Phases:
    Each Game day is 4 days. For the first third of the day (24 hours) everyone votes on what Group will be chosen. This will be decided by majority (>50%). The last 2/3 of the day (48 hours), the group that was chosen will have a player lynched from that group. The group that is chosen to lynch from cannot vote. The same group may be chosen on consecutive days. In the event that a majority for what Group is chosen to lynch from is chosen before the end of that half of the day, that time will be added to the rest of the day to vote on a lynch. In the event that there is not a majority by the end of the first half of day, it will go directly into Night phase and Mafia can then NK anyone of their choice. Night phase will be 1 day (24 hours).

Night Actions:
    With the exception of the event that Mafia has to lynch from a specific group, all night actions proceed as normal. PT can choose to use their abilities on anyone of their choosing and mafia can use their abilities on anyone of their choosing as well, for all groups have no bearing on the choice of who to use their abilities on.

Win Conditions:
    Towns win condition is to eliminate all members of the mafia.
    Mafias Win condition is to have a majority in any one group or nothing can prevent this.

Special notes: I will be telling all the players what groups all players belong to at the beginning of the day for all days.
    Players must post once every 24 hour period.

All Roles are normal according to MafiaScumWiki. Also has Normal NA order.

Obviously there are just a few peripherals to work out, but this is basically it.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Anyone have comments or question on the setup >.<
    Go ahead and make a thread about the publicly-available part of the setup in the S-FM Setup Workshop so more people see it for public Q&A. I'll have my private comments about the full setup in PM.

37. ISO #37

Go ahead and make a thread about the publicly-available part of the setup in the S-FM Setup Workshop so more people see it for public Q&A. I'll have my private comments about the full setup in PM.
    I made the setup post, but it got deleted because I was logged out when trying to preview it because I did not click on the "remember me" checkbox. Any chance my post was saved as a draft?

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Why wouldn't town just pick the same group repeatedly, find the mafia, and get conftowns?
    There is 3 groups of 5 people. So if you pick group 1 for day one and mislynch then it would be Lylo for that group, so its a risky strategy for town to do. So technically mafia can win after day 2 ends. But (and I forget how this works exactly) town can also win after day 2 ends.