Anti-troll suggestion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Anti-troll suggestion

Permabanned people are usually not kicked in the lobby, because people don't believe players saying "He's a troll! He's parmabanned, kick him!"
    This behavior is correct, since people could lie about someone just to troll them.
    However, there should be a way to confirm that players are permabanned.

So, my suggestion is that you make a list of permabanned players, with their SC2 name. This would give a way to confirm a player is permabanned, simply by linking the page on the website.

I think it would make games funner, since lots of games are stuck with 14 players just because of a permabanned guy who doesn't accept his fate and still joins lobbies...

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Anti-troll suggestion

The ban manager (which uses ID numbers) is publicly available here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/banmanager.php It would be very difficult to create a system that identifies banned players by their usernames.

Mafia has a feature we call the "nuclear option", which bans free starter edition accounts from entering Mafia. Banned players can use free accounts to evade bans and wreck Mafia games. If you see someone who is autokicked at the beginning of the game, it is likely that they are a starter edition account, not that they are banned for misbehavior.

We use ID#s instead of usernames because players can change their usernames easily. It's impossible to create a system that fetches info about when each Mafia player changes their username. IDs don't change unless the person gets a totally new account, which takes a lot more work.

@Nawa is right, it's technically against the Terms of Service to have a ban system anyway, so we definitely can't advertise it anywhere inside SC2. We can just vaguely reference "the forums" and hope that nothing bad comes to us.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

4. ISO #4

tho someone already reported sc2maf long ago
    still, looks like nothing happened
    idk really, i used to be eu player for some years

parasiters test openly says they have ban system and nothing happens to them
    ffs
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Thanks for the replies. I get your point, Omegasaur. Just one thing: get Nawa's point too lol... I play parasite test and they never got any warning of any kind for this. However, I cannot ask you to do something you think is against the Terms of Service (or as Nawa says, the Town of Salem), it would be rather mean.

I just thought it could improve the gameplay.

My life for Aļur!
    my life for Mafia... shhhh ;)

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Blizzard prob. realised that there are too many douchebags out there and games would be unplayable.
    It took a year to Blizzard to realize their game was horribly imbalanced with the 3.8 update. I don't really think they care about an arcade game...
    Also, I think that rule is made against the idiots who would just ban everyone they don't like. This is not the case here.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    if we were to remove trolls, we d haver no one to play this game
    The epic deletion of circlejerk shook the forum hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.