I am new, and lost :(
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

I am new, and lost :(

So I am new to the forum but not new to the game. I heard about the forum in game and thought that i would like to take it to the next level by joining games outside SC2. However, i am lost
    I am here to try to participate in mafia games outside the limited SC2 map, hopefully learning more about the game in the process. If someone can help me by telling me what can i do to participate in such games, or if i need to read something (other than the rules) before joining, please say so.

2. ISO #2

Re: I am new, and lost :(

Now sometimes there would be sign ups to Forum Mafia here=Signup Page
    When there is sign ups you juts go there and type(post) "/sign" and boom you llb e signed up for the game which will be start when enough players signed and reserved. You have to be active tho, generally days takes 48 hours and nights takes 24 hours so you have to be active to read the posts and post your opinions.
    Also after singing up DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOU VE SIGNED UP FOR THIS or else you ll cause other players a lil bit annoynment.

Also FM is not like Mod mafia. It s text based. Write smth wrong and ppl will think ur scum(maf neu evil etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

3. ISO #3

Currently there are none, but prolly after the ????? game ends someone will host it idk

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Write Something About EUMafia Players And An Ray Of Hope On The Now Dieng Sc2Mafia

And Remember With Me Being Not There Doesnt Mean That I Cant Influence It Or Can I ^_^ Anyways Ill Be Watching Ya In Sc2Mafia GL HF And Create Chaos

En Taro Potato
    dont listen to this fag <.<

6. ISO #6

Forum Mafia is a stark difference from the mod but once you try it you'll never go back.

It's great practice for forming logical conclusions and honing your intuition skills. If you're interested feel free to sign up. We try to have one game going at a time on this site, so once the current one ends signups for the next one will open.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Forum Mafia is a stark difference from the mod but once you try it you'll never go back.

It's great practice for forming logical conclusions and honing your intuition skills. If you're interested feel free to sign up. We try to have one game going at a time on this site, so once the current one ends signups for the next one will open.
    listen to this fag

8. ISO #8

I suggest you read up on one of the more newbie friendly games to get a feel of
    1. the basics of forum mafia
    2. the common mistakes new players make
    3. the huge differences between FM and the Mod

here is the most recent newbie game, and this was the first game i participated in.

both really nice reads
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unknown View Post
    Thanks people, you rock. I will read these games and wait for the next game
    u are this fag

11. ISO #11

Thanks people, you rock. I will read these games and wait for the next game
    oh well joke aside np as just SB16 said read the games he linked and try to understand

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    u are this fag
    What kind joke was that? Lmao

Anyway, FM games are fun if you can dedicate some time of your day to these games to read a lot of posts and form and write your own coherent, sensible posts. For example I can find some time during my work day to read a bit here and there between breaks (like sitting on the toilet LOL) and after work if I'm not fully caught up I can read the last of posts and start participating and commenting for a few hours. Sometimes it's hard to keep the activity high but most games aren't awfully demanding if they're one of the smaller S-FM games.
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    What kind joke was that? Lmao

Anyway, FM games are fun if you can dedicate some time of your day to these games to read a lot of posts and form and write your own coherent, sensible posts. For example I can find some time during my work day to read a bit here and there between breaks (like sitting on the toilet LOL) and after work if I'm not fully caught up I can read the last of posts and start participating and commenting for a few hours. Sometimes it's hard to keep the activity high but most games aren't awfully demanding if they're one of the smaller S-FM games.

YOU SAID LMAO SO IT S FUNNY END OF THE CONVERSATION.

14. ISO #14

YOU SAID LMAO SO IT S FUNNY END OF THE CONVERSATION.
    I was laughing at how bad that joke was. Come on, you straight up insulted him. That shit is funny to me because the joke itself wasn't funny at all. LOL. This still makes me lol.
    ah fuck.

15. ISO #15

I was laughing at how bad that joke was. Come on, you straight up insulted him. That shit is funny to me because the joke itself wasn't funny at all. LOL. This still makes me lol.

YOU STILL HAD FUN SO END OF CONVERSATION.

16. ISO #16

YOU STILL HAD FUN SO END OF CONVERSATION.
    Sorry, not quite following. Why is this conversation over now? I was enjoying talking to you. Especially over how you straight up insulted the guy. That's some funny stuff.
    ah fuck.

17. ISO #17

Sorry, not quite following. Why is this conversation over now? I was enjoying talking to you. Especially over how you straight up insulted the guy. That's some funny stuff.
    that s the point how i joke ;P

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Hey, I was considering opening a similar thread, but seeing where this one is going, I hope you guys & OP don't mind if I use it to also introduce me .

I feel similar to Dr Unknown (new and lost), I've played my fair share of sc2 mod especially back in the day when games launched non-stop. And like him I feel forum mafia is the next level. I came back to this forum recently by nostalgia of these times and started lurking some s-mf games out of curiosity.

I've always been tempted to give it a shot because setup possibilities are almost infinite and overall more interesting than the mod's (where cits were basically banned) and there is a lot more place and time for town discussion. On a side note it's also because I need to practice writing in this language ^^ (im French, j'ai cru repérer au moins un ou deux québécois/fr dans votre communauté).

To keep it short (have a bad habit for wall of text), I've first been intimidated by the fact I've been part of a small forum community myself and know how newcomers can be perceived. A lot of you seems to know each other and have a deep history, but I don't know you and you don't know me so jumping into that without being lynched d1 is... challenging at least ^^.
    On the other hand, good thing about Mafia is player meta shouldn't be a thing, we are supposed to be a whole new person at the start of each game and I don't think it is optimal play if we don't. And from what I've lurked you are decent people who like this game very much (like me). Liked to read some old games (will read what Stealth linked) and so far my favorite has been the most recent one with King Arthur stuff (lol)

SO let it be known that you have another noob who may join the next "simple" game hosted I am definitely ready to die

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Write Something About EUMafia Players And An Ray Of Hope On The Now Dieng Sc2Mafia

And Remember With Me Being Not There Doesnt Mean That I Cant Influence It Or Can I ^_^ Anyways Ill Be Watching Ya In Sc2Mafia GL HF And Create Chaos

En Taro Potato
    hm efekann, there is only one god now...
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

So I am new to the forum but not new to the game. I heard about the forum in game and thought that i would like to take it to the next level by joining games outside SC2. However, i am lost
    I am here to try to participate in mafia games outside the limited SC2 map, hopefully learning more about the game in the process. If someone can help me by telling me what can i do to participate in such games, or if i need to read something (other than the rules) before joining, please say so.
    Hello! I'm glad you chose Zeratul as an avatar... :P You can look at the Forum Mafia Discussion. Helz (a FM player) made up a big guide with links to psycholgy things from universities... it's just great lol. You don't have to read all what's there, but you can look at it

Gl hf, AND PRAISE THE DARK LORD!

P.S. There is an open sign-up right now, 8-2-2 by Gyrlander. Go at the Signups section and type /sign!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

28. ISO #28

@Otakudweeb69 , wanna sign?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

29. ISO #29

@Otakudweeb69 , wanna sign?
    Yay

30. ISO #30

I signed up, now hoping to be a simple Cit

You can look at the Forum Mafia Discussion. Helz (a FM player) made up a big guide with links to psycholgy things from universities... it's just great lol. You don't have to read all what's there, but you can look at it
    Thanks for pointing that out MM, I read it all before posting here and was too shy to ask: is there any more of it?? It's great content I didn't expected to find in such a small place.

Quote Originally Posted by Helz
    Nothing in Mafia is independently a 'scum tell' until you break into mechanical analysis which will be covered in a later guide. I believe that this will be viewed as the "Least useful" portion of the guide I am working on but I will also argue that it is the most important.
    I found Helz mini guides very well written and very interesting, if he did a complete "Improve as a player" guide I would 100% pay to read it all. In fact, asking about this was the other reason why I decided to become active ^^. As a gamer by heart and passioned by game theory, it felt like prime quality content and I'm def hungry for more, either mafia-centered or more generalist. So: did Helz finished this guide, did he procrastinate it (I write myself so I would 100% get that lol), or did he shape it into something greater like an academic paper? If any of you regulars know anything about it (or yourself Helz if you're reading) thanks to let me know!

31. ISO #31

Its still not finished. My professional life and school has been eating all my time and I have not had the time to wrap this project up or work on the SC2 map in recent days. I still have every intention of getting it done when time permits.

-Edit
    Props on the Avatar btw. If I remember correctly its BG2 'Immowin' or some such. Haven't seen that in forever.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

32. ISO #32

Did BG2 again not long ago, it's still one of the best pc game ever imo, even without the awesome community-made mods!

Won't derail this thread anymore, but still wanted you to know there are internet lurkers out there, who appreciated your work very much and are looking forward to read more =). So I'm glad to learn you didn't gave up on this project.