Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

2. ISO #302

3. ISO #303

4. ISO #304

Re: S-FM The Smith's

For all we know the rigger could be the only smith we have in the game.
    But I will still assume we have a gunsmith in the town and in the mafia.
    IF that assumption turns out to be true; communication and allegiances will be necessary to win.
    IF it is not; usual read gameplay and nights actions can solve the riddle for us.

BUT take into consideration these two points :
    -Any player can give their item to someone else at the cost of a night action.
    -An item use forbid the use of a night action.

These two elements tell us that items are worse on TPR than on Cits, and that items may be passed freely from hand to hand without original gunsmith knowing. So our strategy about giving a gun to someone first night could backfire on us heavily, because we would need to confirm the original target still has his gun, which in turn blocks his night action, and gives less than what we would have gotten without doing it.

5. ISO #305

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by sheepsaysmeep View Post
    -vote Distorted

that top poster post is just trying to appear contributive
    im spending a bunch of my posts trying to explain the setup to you and tell you to READ the setup. rofl literally my last 7-8 posts have been AT YOU to READ THE SETUP! and correcting your false logic on it.

7. ISO #307

8. ISO #308

that means they dont have a fucking nightkill jesus motherfuckign christ
    My god, you're retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

9. ISO #309

10. ISO #310

11. ISO #311

12. ISO #312

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    You fell into my trap!!!! now 600 posts of arguing!

lol jk ....but that is the exact line I used last time that made you start pushing at me lol
    XD I know!!! But it was to get the discussion going lol. It's only through that arguing that I ended up scumreading you for real. The trap was bs in other bs, lol.

Also I kinda knew you were gonna say that, which is why I said your exact words =)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #313

feil what are your reads?

setup specing is useless and a good way to pretend to be helpful without contributing
    no, when we have now 3 pages of posts telling someone how the game works, it is more usless that you are CONTINUEING TO POST without reading the setup or catching up on the game.

14. ISO #314

15. ISO #315

16. ISO #316

-vote Distorted

that top poster post is just trying to appear contributive
    That MIGHT be true though, I haven't gone paranoid on Distorted yet... maybe I should read through his posts more? Or maybe you're scum trying to fool us AAAAAAAAAAA

17. ISO #317

18. ISO #318

19. ISO #319

20. ISO #320

21. ISO #321

replace me at this point

im not spending my time trying to explain how to play forum mafia well
    If this is enough for you to put your tail between your legs, I do not believe you have played many forum mafia games - since being under pressure by 2-3 people is not nearly as intense as FM gets.

FM requires a spine, logic, and understanding the setup (lol i cant stop throwing that in there...)

22. ISO #322

IT'S NOT CONSIDERED

A MOTHERFUCKING NIGHTKILL

HOLY SHIT
    It's guns used to kill at night. It's a night kill.

23. ISO #323

replace me at this point

Oh my god. If you're gonna be this toxic, vade retro satana and replace out. If you're seriously going to do it, mention the host SuperJack.

24. ISO #324

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    gonna go to sleep night
    gnight noz

25. ISO #325

If this is enough for you to put your tail between your legs, I do not believe you have played many forum mafia games - since being under pressure by 2-3 people is not nearly as intense as FM gets.

FM requires a spine, logic, and understanding the setup (lol i cant stop throwing that in there...)
    A wise man just spoke...

26. ISO #326

replace me at this point

In a way this post actually makes me read this slot as scum even more =\

It sounds more like he came in here trying to take control of the game, bragged about being more experienced than all of us, got called out as being scum, and is bailing out to save face for the "embarrassment" of being found out within 30 minutes of posting.

This post is not ment to demean or belittle, but it is an actual train of thought im having here. If he is experienced in FM he would know these games can get intense - I think this is a 'save-face-ego' kind of thing right now.

27. ISO #327

In a way this post actually makes me read this slot as scum even more =\

It sounds more like he came in here trying to take control of the game, bragged about being more experienced than all of us, got called out as being scum, and is bailing out to save face for the "embarrassment" of being found out within 30 minutes of posting.

This post is not ment to demean or belittle, but it is an actual train of thought im having here. If he is experienced in FM he would know these games can get intense - I think this is a 'save-face-ego' kind of thing right now.
    Actually there are three possibilities to this:
    1: you're right
    2: he's town and thinks he's 10000x better than he is really and is a fucking asshole
    3: he's doing some strange strategy

I don't like any of these.

28. ISO #328

feil what are your reads?

setup specing is useless and a good way to pretend to be helpful without contributing
    From someone who did not bother reading the setup and understanding fully before getting aggressive, and tried to headstart a train 3 hours into the game...

Nevertheless, let's try some reads:
    -Marluxion, rumox, Efekann02, Hybrid, Light-Yagami did not post enough so I could see something useful. With 3 Mafia in the game, they could all be in it. But I doubt it.
    -Noz _Bugz and Distorted listened to my laid-out plan and agreed, though I am not sure why would Noz trust me blindly with a killing tool. Distorted however helped me elaborate my thinking with MM, so +town points for them.
    -Scv started scumhunting after the usual troll-at-start, so I think. he is a Cit OR a Mafia. Not a TPR.
    -Blink seems more useful than the games I saw in them where he did not seem to care as much, so maybe scum? Idk.
    -Sheepsaysmeep did not contribute, tried to launch a train and is getting useless debates from town, diverting attention for actual discussions to be had. +scumpoints

29. ISO #329

30. ISO #330

31. ISO #331

Quote Originally Posted by Fielzanks View Post
    (Is that how you guys do it?)
    Yes, exactly! It shows your train of thoughts, which seems legit. However, I am more town reading Blink. And I think you're right on Scv, plus he tried to "slip" something about giving guns earlier. I don't like him very much, though.
    Noz is one of my strongest townreads, for meta and general behavior. He seems genuine.
    Distorted is a master scum, seriously. Twice MVP as scum in like 5 games. I won't say he's a town read, not yet. But he's not a scum read either.
    Sheep is my highest scumread, he's SERIOUSLY scummy and mean, I don't think I have to explain why.

That's just my comments about reads btw, I'll make a proper list of reads later in the game.

32. ISO #332

Hm, the game seems to be dying. I'm going to play SC2 now, but I'll read your stuff later if you post more.

33. ISO #333

34. ISO #334

35. ISO #335

36. ISO #336

37. ISO #337

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Sucks game started while i was at work gonna take time to catch up.
    The good news is the pages # just LOOKS more intimidating than it really is. Default is 20 posts per page and the majority of posts are 1-2 sentences, literally 3-5 seconds of reading. so it's not bad. I recommend setting pages to 50 posts per page makes it a lot easeir to catch up on.

38. ISO #338

Ok I saw a lot of pages and tried to read as quick as possible to catch up so I can contribute day 1. Two important topics I have noticed. Sheep and dealing with weapons being passed out.

Sheep is kinda a black sheep at the moment (hue). The argument between you guys is kinda dumb but the claim to quit the game due to pressure is very interesting... makes me believe, a) scum b) unimportant town role.

Nobody that plays FM will rage quit the game otherwise. People that play this game generally have a good wrap on their temper, and if they have one they only tap into it for theatrics (at least that is what I think of experienced FM players, which sheep claims). So far he is a scum read for me ONLY because of the /quit post. Distorted is good at putting heavy pressure on people, probably the best pressure voter here from what I have read from previous FM games. The negative side to that is it makes him a very convincing scum when he taps into his ultra pressure mode. He has said himself that he tries harder when he is scum. Just some food for thought.

Regarding the gunsmith, yes about revealing what you have received just due to the fact Rigger being a part of the game. I anticipate the hot heads to be given real/fake guns tonight, neither of them from the Town Gunsmith.

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340

41. ISO #341

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Sucks game started while i was at work gonna take time to catch up.
    Good reading =)

42. ISO #342

Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion View Post

Catching up now and will post relevant things soontm
    Noz and Scv are your main suspects? Why?

Also nice pics lol

43. ISO #343

The good news is the pages # just LOOKS more intimidating than it really is. Default is 20 posts per page and the majority of posts are 1-2 sentences, literally 3-5 seconds of reading. so it's not bad. I recommend setting pages to 50 posts per page makes it a lot easeir to catch up on.
    Uh wtf? Where's your avatar, and why is your name... bleached?

44. ISO #344

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Oh also if we reveal when we receive items, it may come in handy to prevent scum smiths from masquerading as town smiths if we have an authenticator
    What about thieves/confiscators/graverobbers? We don't want to give scum free items. If any of these are in the game, it could cost us victory to reveal that.

45. ISO #345

Ok I saw a lot of pages and tried to read as quick as possible to catch up so I can contribute day 1. Two important topics I have noticed. Sheep and dealing with weapons being passed out.

Sheep is kinda a black sheep at the moment (hue). The argument between you guys is kinda dumb but the claim to quit the game due to pressure is very interesting... makes me believe, a) scum b) unimportant town role.

Nobody that plays FM will rage quit the game otherwise. People that play this game generally have a good wrap on their temper, and if they have one they only tap into it for theatrics (at least that is what I think of experienced FM players, which sheep claims). So far he is a scum read for me ONLY because of the /quit post. Distorted is good at putting heavy pressure on people, probably the best pressure voter here from what I have read from previous FM games. The negative side to that is it makes him a very convincing scum when he taps into his ultra pressure mode. He has said himself that he tries harder when he is scum. Just some food for thought.

Regarding the gunsmith, yes about revealing what you have received just due to the fact Rigger being a part of the game. I anticipate the hot heads to be given real/fake guns tonight, neither of them from the Town Gunsmith.
    Agreed with 2 first topics, disagree about the last.

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

I don't think revealing items is worth the risk since mafia could have 2-3 diff roles that can exploit that heavily - I am not saying that about the entire game though, there may be a point we reach where revealing the nights you got weapons needs to be done to narrow things down. EVERYONE KEEP A SECTION IN YOUR LAST WILL SPECIFICALLY LISTING NIGHTS U GOT ITEMS, and what item. Last wills get PMed to the host, so make sure to do that and keep them up to date before day ends and before night ends.

However, if someone uses an item, ESPECIALLY after you kill someone, reveal who you are and own up to it - even if it is a bad call. If someone shoots someone and no1 claims to it, we are going to assume it is Mafia, and that mafia has a weapon smith (or town weaponsmith made a bad call).

48. ISO #348

So we have two positions being defended :
    Either we

a.- Announce when we get an item and what is is, to make things complicated for Mafia Power Roles and Rigger but at the cost of being victims from thieves

b.- Not announce when we get an item, to make things complicated for thieves, to allow allegiances to form but at the cost of allowing forgers/Rigger to sow discord amongst us.

Seems similar to "shall we roleclaim or not" debates from some D1 games. I am in favor of the second option because we can always announce in a detailed LW or in the following days where the information will be the most revelant. It may be harder to see items from Rigger though, while Mafia will know with certainty when an item does not come from one of them. I'm up to listening and changing my pos on this.

I'm also against a lynch today, because we need every one of our TPR and mislynching one would cost us a slow but inevitable defeat.

49. ISO #349

Quote Originally Posted by Fielzanks View Post
    So we have two positions being defended :
    Either we

a.- Announce when we get an item and what is is, to make things complicated for Mafia Power Roles and Rigger but at the cost of being victims from thieves

b.- Not announce when we get an item, to make things complicated for thieves, to allow allegiances to form but at the cost of allowing forgers/Rigger to sow discord amongst us.

Seems similar to "shall we roleclaim or not" debates from some D1 games. I am in favor of the second option because we can always announce in a detailed LW or in the following days where the information will be the most revelant. It may be harder to see items from Rigger though, while Mafia will know with certainty when an item does not come from one of them. I'm up to listening and changing my pos on this.

I'm also against a lynch today, because we need every one of our TPR and mislynching one would cost us a slow but inevitable defeat.
    I am still open for a lynch. A lot of information can still come between now and end of day. And I have the same stance on it that I had on last game - very low posters should be lynched. Not only does this force the scum to start contributing and giving information, it allows us to analyze that information and find flaws in their game. We can also find people who are putting in "filler" posts, useless info to try and keep from falling to a potential "low post lynch". If we have no good info, low posters should get the hammer. (of course if that low poster is doing massive wall posts ect, but low post i mean info wise, plus postcount) all if it can be taken into consideration.

50. ISO #350