S-FM 226: Which Witch is Which - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 226: Which Witch is Which

I'm a data scientist. I can understand that saying things about peoples' roles that you might think are innocuous could cause you to give out more information than you realize, but, in the first round, there's less risk in doing so since there's less 'objective' evidence to assess peoples' statements against. We're all just kind of shaking the tree to see what falls out and make as good a guess as we can until the next round where we'll have more than just each other's words to go off of.

Anyway, I'm currently thinking that the witches are Whad and Trudeau...my argument for Whad still stands, and going back I see that trudeau started out positing that Whad is town with no evidence other than "ONLY TOWN WHAD OPENS WITH A 2 POINT BULLET SPEECH," which is weak at best (as Lady Gauss noticed at the time). Then, ignoring the doubt surrounding that conclusion, trudeau goes on to say a little later, "Yeah we decided whad was town," in response to ika asking what peoples' reads are, then quickly accusing ika of being "on" something to distract from the baselessness and non-consensus of that assertion. So, my take is that trudeau is smoke-screening, giving whad a town pass and hoping it seeps in just as quickly as they can obfuscate with wild, capitalized riffs/accusations to avoid having to argue the validity of their claims. Whad is then free also attack other players to keep the conversation off of the two of them with a certain level of name-clearing they never actually earned.
    If you break my heart, I'll get you back in spades!

2. ISO #152

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    the internet does not make it vaild to do such things, we are all still people at the end of the day. i already explained why its not an act of authroity at all and instead a simple "this is what mafia is"

i didnt take it as an insult but you bascily tried to make the context of it that it was one. thats what i was getting at. if you saw, i addressed the post in a manner that i told him that he was using words in my mouth when what i say is more of laymans of what mafia is.

if you want to continue the smatic we can talk post game cus im not boiling to down to this in games

it would of been better then what you did by voting mod becasue then GET has 2 votes and if there were a 3rd or 4th on there then we could go "hey look at these votes is it scum or town"

by voting outside of the game and trolling you have done nothing to push it foward. voting in the game pushes it foward becasue then someone could quote you and vote you off another what would be trolling reason or read your post as scum for it
    So because I'm passive, I'm scum?
    And saying nothing (afk) is null
    Saying nothing of use is scum.

Yes between #3 and post #7, I feel ike nothing was gained

And then at post #29 stuff happened, but not in enough way to make me get a scum read (and the fact I just woke up)

And then finally at post #74 enough was said for me to comment on which lead to post #117,
    But from me
    HAd I said
    "Hello everyone, going to sleep"
    Random troll vote of myself to host

These two things would of accomplished the same thing (aka nothing) which you could argue what GET did?
    Does claiming cit, and assuming everyone is going to claim cit change the fact that if asked, your going to say cit?
    Only difference was Mesk was still awake to continue conversation past post #7

So things I could of done differently
    Random voted someone
    Claimed Cit
    Claimed someone was town for "reason"

The lack of these things are what made you pick me out at scum.
    Maybe they are reasons to vote scum, but they do not feel like reasons to pick out scum

3. ISO #153

Could I push more, probably, But Day 1's are my worse (even in RL mafia) While don't want to rely on power role, who is voted for, whom voted, who is killed (or more so who is not killed) These are all clues that I don't have on Day 1. Day 1 is finger points, and justifications on votes. Don't know how to use these as scum reads yet. First game as town. can only go off what I've experienced which has different rules than FM

4. ISO #154

which one of you scrubs is complaining we're toxic? get a life please, this is the internet... if you feel offended, say something, dont be a little coward... In canada we solve our problems like real men... so please drop your pants and i'll drop mine and i promise you my fat pussy will have a longer dick than yours. awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Anyway, I'm currently thinking that the witches are Whad and Trudeau...my argument for Whad still stands, and going back I see that trudeau started out positing that Whad is town with no evidence other than "ONLY TOWN WHAD OPENS WITH A 2 POINT BULLET SPEECH," which is weak at best (as Lady Gauss noticed at the time)
    oh shut up, what kinda bullcrap is this. legit i made one post which reminisces a long standing joke.

I'm a data scientist.
    what do you think makes you qualified to read big ol' daddy mesk eh? data science and mesk do not correlate, so throw that shit out of the window, cause it's not needed here

@Whad , did you realize that this dude is saying we're a scum team 150 posts into the game? i think he needs to reread the first game we played together.

-Big Daddy Mesk

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trudeau View Post
    which one of you scrubs is complaining we're toxic? get a life please, this is the internet... if you feel offended, say something, dont be a little coward... In canada we solve our problems like real men... so please drop your pants and i'll drop mine and i promise you my fat pussy will have a longer dick than yours. awkward.

oh shut up, what kinda bullcrap is this. legit i made one post which reminisces a long standing joke.

what do you think makes you qualified to read big ol' daddy mesk eh? data science and mesk do not correlate, so throw that shit out of the window, cause it's not needed here

@Whad , did you realize that this dude is saying we're a scum team 150 posts into the game? i think he needs to reread the first game we played together.

-Big Daddy Mesk

Even if it alludes to a long standing joke, later on you repeat that we've agreed that whad is town when that simply isn't true. I said I was a data scientist because I was asked, not because I thought I needed to to dare challenge Mesk. This has all the feel of another attempt to whip up alarm to distract from your own suspicion with hurried accusations. I'd like to hear from @Whad , especially to see if they disassociate themselves from trudeau. Until then,

-vote God Emperor Trudeau

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    How I would have answered isn't the point here. The point is that YOU are acting suspicious and I'm not going to let you deflect it back onto me.
    @Whad you should answer him becasue he answered your question and if anythign it looks like you are deflecting it now
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Stereo asked that question because he was curious what you would interpret to be a town response. I am also curious about what you would interpret to be a town response.
    Excluding yourself from the entity!!? This still makes it seem like you are not part of the townsfolk.
    Yeah, and what did you just do here? Congratulations pal, we're scum buddies now.

13. ISO #163

@Sinon hi ptb here --- I actually never said I thought what was town. If you go back and read my list I put in parentheses that mesk declared him town. She always has her own reasons, which we will discuss. I do not have enough info from whads posts to make a full read on him. But yeah sinon you're missing the mark.

One thing is true. Ptb is always town. Mesk is mostly town in her games. This game we hard claimed shitizen.

You noobies don't know our play yet. But I assure you, lynch is and scum will butt fuck you.

Trine has said nothing all game.

Back to work now break is over. I'll check in in 2 to 3 hours on my next break.

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

-Big Daddy Mesk
    @Sinon hi ptb here --- I actually never said I thought what was town. If you go back and read my list I put in parentheses that mesk declared him town. She always has her own reasons, which we will discuss. I do not have enough info from whads posts to make a full read on him. But yeah sinon you're missing the mark.

One thing is true. Ptb is always town. Mesk is mostly town in her games. This game we hard claimed shitizen.

You noobies don't know our play yet. But I assure you, lynch is and scum will butt fuck you.

Trine has said nothing all game.

Back to work now break is over. I'll check in in 2 to 3 hours on my next break.
    Hi ptb! I don't know how or how often you discuss with your other half, but that's for you two to sort out if you're in disagreement; to us, your'e one player. Additionally, this is exactly what I was getting at when I called ika's advice imperious. "You noobies don't know our play yet." And? Your point? There's no predetermined 'correct' strategy to play mafia, so to imply that the way us 'noobs' are playing is inferior or incorrect or w/e slander you want to charge is textbook imperiousness - you're acting superior and assuming authority over what constitutes good strategy when you have no higher claim to that than us noobs just 'cause you've been around longer. Maybe it's made your game stale. Furthermore, us noobs make up half of all the players in the game, so judging who is citizen and who is witch based on your opinion of how town and witch usually/should act is a self-centered approach and poor strategy. Not to mention, if trolling and indiscriminate attacks are the other part of 'your game,' - keep it. I believe enough of us will see through it in the end.

Don't be fooled, folks - the Emperor is wearing no clothes.

19. ISO #169

Hi ptb! I don't know how or how often you discuss with your other half, but that's for you two to sort out if you're in disagreement; to us, your'e one player. Additionally, this is exactly what I was getting at when I called ika's advice imperious. "You noobies don't know our play yet." And? Your point? There's no predetermined 'correct' strategy to play mafia, so to imply that the way us 'noobs' are playing is inferior or incorrect or w/e slander you want to charge is textbook imperiousness - you're acting superior and assuming authority over what constitutes good strategy when you have no higher claim to that than us noobs just 'cause you've been around longer. Maybe it's made your game stale. Furthermore, us noobs make up half of all the players in the game, so judging who is citizen and who is witch based on your opinion of how town and witch usually/should act is a self-centered approach and poor strategy. Not to mention, if trolling and indiscriminate attacks are the other part of 'your game,' - keep it. I believe enough of us will see through it in the end.

Don't be fooled, folks - the Emperor is wearing no clothes.
    GET didn't mean it like that. It was meant in a self deprecating way, if anything heh. -yzb25

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

In truth, my suspicion of trudeau is based mostly on the tenor of their comments, not so much their actions. So, I guess to follow my own advice, if that's is just how trudeau plays, then I should conclude that that itself doesn't make them any more or less likely to have a role just because it's different from how I play. In any event, I'll reserve further judgment until we hear from Whad.

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

In truth, my suspicion of trudeau is based mostly on the tenor of their comments, not so much their actions. So, I guess to follow my own advice, if that's is just how trudeau plays, then I should conclude that that itself doesn't make them any more or less likely to have a role just because it's different from how I play. In any event, I'll reserve further judgment until we hear from Whad.
    What are your thoughts on the other players? You've mainly only talked about Ika, GET, and Whad.

27. ISO #177

Hi ptb again -- to clear up earlier confusion my noob comment wasn't aimed to degrade you. It was merely me pointing out that if you go back and look at my and mesks plays from other games we have certain tells when we're town. For your review check out lazy or spirits or mafia wars 3. This will give you a better understanding. Granted that does little to ease your mind in certain senses. However, be most assurded I am always town.

Thank god for yzb and gyrlander who seem to be our clarifiers. Now this could be their scum attempt at buddying, however, I believe they are more than likely town.

I loath policy lynches, however, id be down to lynch trine who could be scum trying to skate by d1. However, that would probably be a d2 lynch, and we can let host replace them out if they still refuse to participate.

Now whad idk -- mesk knows whad, I don't.

Ika is playing very aggressive and trying to control the game. This is not typical ika town play imo.

Sinon seems very new, but could be trying to buddy ika and chant man who both seem to be pressuring us.

Stereo always comes off scum when he is gown, but that doesn't mean he's town. I'd like more interactions with him.

Tbh for me, as it stands ika is my number 1 lynch for today and that's not omgus. I am just picking up on his behavior, others might disagree. That's fine.

I'm not sure if we are required to lynch today bc it's not stated in set up. A mislynch could be devastating to town as I stated, but post flip could give us info. However, the chances of lynching a tpr might be too great. I will confer with mesk when I am home and on Skype.

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

Hi ptb again -- to clear up earlier confusion my noob comment wasn't aimed to degrade you. It was merely me pointing out that if you go back and look at my and mesks plays from other games we have certain tells when we're town. For your review check out lazy or spirits or mafia wars 3. This will give you a better understanding. Granted that does little to ease your mind in certain senses. However, be most assurded I am always town.

Thank god for yzb and gyrlander who seem to be our clarifiers. Now this could be their scum attempt at buddying, however, I believe they are more than likely town.

I loath policy lynches, however, id be down to lynch trine who could be scum trying to skate by d1. However, that would probably be a d2 lynch, and we can let host replace them out if they still refuse to participate.

Now whad idk -- mesk knows whad, I don't.

Ika is playing very aggressive and trying to control the game. This is not typical ika town play imo.

Sinon seems very new, but could be trying to buddy ika and chant man who both seem to be pressuring us.

Stereo always comes off scum when he is gown, but that doesn't mean he's town. I'd like more interactions with him.

Tbh for me, as it stands ika is my number 1 lynch for today and that's not omgus. I am just picking up on his behavior, others might disagree. That's fine.

I'm not sure if we are required to lynch today bc it's not stated in set up. A mislynch could be devastating to town as I stated, but post flip could give us info. However, the chances of lynching a tpr might be too great. I will confer with mesk when I am home and on Skype.
    We can technically afford a nolynch because of the even number of players. However, if we nolynch now, we'll never get the option to nolynch again. If we're gonna nolynch on a particular day for extra time, we should do it later in the game when we have more information and it's more meaningful.

Furthermore, nolynching shoots several TPRs in the foot, to an extent. Right now, if a kill for one night is lost, whether through healing or natural killing mechanics, it earns us an extra lynch. However, if we nolynch today, a kill-prevention won't earn us an extra lynch. It also removes the opportunity for town-killing to kill without costing us a lynch.

So no, I think nolynching is out of the question.

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gauss View Post
    We can technically afford a nolynch because of the even number of players. However, if we nolynch now, we'll never get the option to nolynch again. If we're gonna nolynch on a particular day for extra time, we should do it later in the game when we have more information and it's more meaningful.

Furthermore, nolynching shoots several TPRs in the foot, to an extent. Right now, if a kill for one night is lost, whether through healing or natural killing mechanics, it earns us an extra lynch. However, if we nolynch today, a kill-prevention won't earn us an extra lynch. It also removes the opportunity for town-killing to kill without costing us a lynch.

So no, I think nolynching is out of the question.
    the only way a non-lynch helps us is if we were to have a jailor and he wanted to exec.
    We aren't guarenteed a jailor
    and jailor might not even want to exec even if he could

so i agree nonlynch is not useful day1

GET, why was i excluded from your scum reads?

your exclusions leads me to think your leaving me to bait later in the game if we both make it there

32. ISO #182

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

I was told to explain that I town read GET for several reasons, but I'll put some.

1. Mesk hardclaimed Citizen, giving her spot town points.

2. I like their posts. (Mainly PTB, of course, cause Mesk is being Mesk lmao) They seem organised, they talk knowing they have the truth on their side and perfectly relaxed. And I like it

And there was another reason that got canceled after some thoughts.

36. ISO #186

Give thoughts on the game.
    ccantman isn't a village idiot, and I am mostly sure after seeing what's been put out by him means he is town.
    Sinon I really don't know what to think yet, leaning town.
    GET is probably town. I have no reason to think of them as not town at the moment.
    Ika seems to be driving a town agenda, even if others don't like it.

Whad leans scum, but that's because I am butt hurt.

Trine is still MIA.

37. ISO #187

Mostly since that's who I had any real feeling on, buuut:

Stereo - Pretty logical, pathological even. Neutral feeling.

Lady Gauss - Also makes sense, seems interested in KTP. Also seems at ease in this game, the kind that is granted to you as a townsperson. Interested to see who they eventually accuse.

ccantman - Asks a lot of questions, don't know what that means. Leaning slightly town.

Trine - N/A

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

I was told to explain that I town read GET for several reasons, but I'll put some.

1. Mesk hardclaimed Citizen, giving her spot town points.

2. I like their posts. (Mainly PTB, of course, cause Mesk is being Mesk lmao) They seem organised, they talk knowing they have the truth on their side and perfectly relaxed. And I like it

And there was another reason that got canceled after some thoughts.
    Can Mesk ever not hard claim cit? Lets say she is on a 9 cit streak. The time she isn't one, she would still need to hard claim, otherwise the lack of the hard claim cit would mean she isn't cit?

40. ISO #190

Mostly since that's who I had any real feeling on, buuut:

Stereo - Pretty logical, pathological even. Neutral feeling.

Lady Gauss - Also makes sense, seems interested in KTP. Also seems at ease in this game, the kind that is granted to you as a townsperson. Interested to see who they eventually accuse.

ccantman - Asks a lot of questions, don't know what that means. Leaning slightly town.

Trine - N/A
    What is KTP?

I ask questions so that smarter people can interpret the answers

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

Quote Originally Posted by ccantman View Post
    Can Mesk ever not hard claim cit? Lets say she is on a 9 cit streak. The time she isn't one, she would still need to hard claim, otherwise the lack of the hard claim cit would mean she isn't cit?
    Yes lack of claim could mean she's a cit. However, it's NAI (not alignment indicative) because her not hard claiming doesn't mean she's not town. She could be a Town Power Role...in which case if you're town you wouldn't want to call the lack of hard claim out because you could put an unnecessary spotlight on an important role for the town, however, it is good to note for yourself.

Now using it as evidence to get a scum lean isn't great either because it can be easily explained away, and most players don't really look at hard claims as anything more than simple WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me -- see clip below) and therefore goes back to being NAI at best.

We like to hard claim citizen, especially without pressure because it takes some of the heat off of us with the evils. Or it could draw more suspicion from them, in which case, we take the bullet and protect the TPR. Really it's all WIFOM and at the end of the day, you can't use the hard claim alone to push your reads. Sure, it can stay in the back of your mind.

Now, another reason we do it is so that players like LG, Ika, whad, and stereo (people who know how we play) can easily fall into confirmation bias and move us into a town slot (even if temporarily) this allows scum hunting town to take us off the board for a moment and view other people objectively and their interactions with us. Now again, good scum hunting town will then go back and re-read everything, and ask us questions with the mind frame of "well they're supposed to be town, but this, this, and this action contradicts that."

For us, hard claiming in a game with only 4 citizens allows us to fill one spot, and then later claims can be sorted, and if we have a 5 citizen claims for 5 slots, by POE we can wittle down and potentially nail a scum by using behaviors and motivations as a cipher.

This is why it's always good to ISO (isolation/isolate) players posts so that you can just read them and apply "if they were town why would they do this" or "oh scum would be motivated to do this." Of course you don't need a claim to do that, but it becomes more telling if you have a claim and then the player spent the entire game doing things that were counter productive to that claims alignment.

Hard claiming other roles allows for 1v1 situations to happen, maybe you'll get the that this game. Maybe not. Potentially in a LYLO situation for scum.

Now you have to ask yourself, what would be scum motivation for taking the time to explain all of this? What would be town motivation? Then try to sort us based on which of those two situations make the most LOGICAL sense.

Spoiler : WIFOM Clip :

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

48. ISO #198

Still have no reads, so not vote at the moment. My biggest issue is I don't know how scum posts should read. First game I was scum, second game, I had no investment in reading.
    You can always read old games and try to see if you can figure out who is the scum as you read along. Just be sure not to look at the end of game posts too early so you don't spoil the roles for yourself. The passiveness that ccantman displays in this post look like an easy way for scum to excuse a lack of effort in scumhunting. Scum don't want to waste time trying to look like they're scumhunting because they already know who the scum are and it won't read as genuine.

given that i had no backing of my claim that ika is scum, cant really vote him.
    unless you want me to vote him, then make this same claim, then I say i have no real reaso out side feeling, and then point out that we are in the same place as before except ika has a vote.
    I'm not sure what to think of this post saying ika is scum but he can't back it up with any reasoning. On one hand, it's scummy for someone to call someone out with "no backing of their claim" but then I also think it seems towny for ccantman to not want to place votes until he's more sure about his scum read. I will say though, this cautious behavior seems to contrast a lot with the troll posts ccantman made early in the day.

Switches to Stero, which based on what has been said does not seem logical
    These lead me to
    GET/Wald for scum From page 1
    But then the vote from ika makes me want to think him as scum
    And then GET's aregument with Ika make me question that.

so the only one left is Wald who then

Keep pressuing me

Is protecting ika/GET: which I think one of them is scum, just not sure which

I just now see this, and can say Stero threw out a feeler, though nothing stood out from his post so far.
    And is trying to push on stero.

So I'm thinking
    -vote Whad
    I disagree with your assertion that my vote on Stereo wasn't logical. At the time, it was the biggest "lead". I do find those types of "describing self as separate entity from town" posts suspicious and so I wanted to see how Stereo would respond to my pressure.

Independent of that, I was townreading GET/ika. Scum wouldn't buddy so much in the chat. Usually scum just ignore each other so absence of interaction is good to look for, too. Especially once a scumflip happens.

Also I'm just realizing my previous post didn't go up, my bad, but I said more or less that Whad starting the game off with a specious accusation comes off to me as someone trying to control the narrative out of the gate, perhaps thinking that the best defense is a good offense. And a question like "2. Any thoughts on ccantman for mentioning a jester (obviously not in game) and then disappearing?" is the sort of question designed to gin up confusion and get people fighting by teeing someone up to go after another player in response to a loaded question. Also, I had thought Trudeau's getting panicked over wanting their comments deleted was somewhat suspicious, but that is no more odd really than anything else they've said since.

As for myself, I am a citizen, and I think that based on the level of, uh, passion wrt ika and Trudeau, that they are citizens too. Other than that, I'm still figuring everyone else out, with a particular suspicion toward Whad.
    At the beginning of forum mafia games, there is not a lot to go off of, so players often cast random votes or nitpick at semantics [aka me calling out Stereo] or act very strange and start calling scumteams [ika] to try to get people talking and have reactions which can then help people generate reads, etc. to progress the game forward. Happy to answer any questions you might have for me.

Thanks for the advice; I've never played forum mafia before. I can't imagine laying down my thoughts and observations, in constructive furtherance of the conversation, could be less helpful than personally attacking players over petty, trivial things, but I'll try to better hew to your imperious vision of how the game should be played. Keep in mind, however, that who was assigned what role is independent of a player's chosen strategy.
    Oh snap. I like Spicy Sinon.

@Whad you should answer him becasue he answered your question and if anythign it looks like you are deflecting it now
    I don't want to give scum a roadmap for what town/scumtells I'm looking for in answer to this type of question since it can be used to manipulate me in this game or future ones. Don't care if it looks like I'm deflecting. Not gonna answer and I don't care if it makes me look bad.

Timeline:
    Game starts
    Whad makes vote on me for 'reason"
    I troll and go to sleep ( so in retrospect random voting someone is beter)
    GET adds random standard Mesk opening
    Whad is onbaord with mesk being town
    Stero votes GET for "reason"
    Whad an stero discuss my random voting
    MESK is doing Mesk things
    Lady gives some random insight.
    I then wake up, to this above parapraph.

Maybe for someone more experienced they can get a read on the above, but given the above I get no read. so I have no vote on anyone

At this time I also have no questions directed at me
    You then vote me

So while Stero has not been troling, I also had no questions asked of me to answer seriously.

So was I trolling yes? Did any thing of note happen between the time I trolled (which is clear trolling based on my votes) and I was voted?

Also I am not good with with these acrynmys? RVS?

I didn't progress the game state, but had I said
    "Damn your name is spelt wrong -vote GET"
    And then go to sleep, how much further along would the game state really have been?
    While I feel like this post is also fencey which is something I feel like scum would normally do, I'm getting an unsure noob townie vibe from this instead. ccantman seeming more town lean to me now.

the internet does not make it vaild to do such things, we are all still people at the end of the day. i already explained why its not an act of authroity at all and instead a simple "this is what mafia is"

i didnt take it as an insult but you bascily tried to make the context of it that it was one. thats what i was getting at. if you saw, i addressed the post in a manner that i told him that he was using words in my mouth when what i say is more of laymans of what mafia is.

if you want to continue the smatic we can talk post game cus im not boiling to down to this in games

it would of been better then what you did by voting mod becasue then GET has 2 votes and if there were a 3rd or 4th on there then we could go "hey look at these votes is it scum or town"

by voting outside of the game and trolling you have done nothing to push it foward. voting in the game pushes it foward becasue then someone could quote you and vote you off another what would be trolling reason or read your post as scum for it
    I don't like ika in this post. Because the previous one from ccantman makes me townlean/low hanging fruit lean, ika gets scum points for pushing ccantman and beating to death ccantman's RVS vote on the host.

I'm a data scientist. I can understand that saying things about peoples' roles that you might think are innocuous could cause you to give out more information than you realize, but, in the first round, there's less risk in doing so since there's less 'objective' evidence to assess peoples' statements against. We're all just kind of shaking the tree to see what falls out and make as good a guess as we can until the next round where we'll have more than just each other's words to go off of.

Anyway, I'm currently thinking that the witches are Whad and Trudeau...my argument for Whad still stands, and going back I see that trudeau started out positing that Whad is town with no evidence other than "ONLY TOWN WHAD OPENS WITH A 2 POINT BULLET SPEECH," which is weak at best (as Lady Gauss noticed at the time). Then, ignoring the doubt surrounding that conclusion, trudeau goes on to say a little later, "Yeah we decided whad was town," in response to ika asking what peoples' reads are, then quickly accusing ika of being "on" something to distract from the baselessness and non-consensus of that assertion. So, my take is that trudeau is smoke-screening, giving whad a town pass and hoping it seeps in just as quickly as they can obfuscate with wild, capitalized riffs/accusations to avoid having to argue the validity of their claims. Whad is then free also attack other players to keep the conversation off of the two of them with a certain level of name-clearing they never actually earned.
    If GET and I were the scumteam, our interactions would literally be too blatantly obvious. Tbh it should actually clear us of being scum together. I just think I can read Mesk pretty well, and this seems like town Mesk. We'll see how things end up shaping out, but for a D1 read, I think reading based on metagame behavior is a fine way to start sorting people.

Could I push more, probably, But Day 1's are my worse (even in RL mafia) While don't want to rely on power role, who is voted for, whom voted, who is killed (or more so who is not killed) These are all clues that I don't have on Day 1. Day 1 is finger points, and justifications on votes. Don't know how to use these as scum reads yet. First game as town. can only go off what I've experienced which has different rules than FM
    Liking ccantman as town more and more. I want to see how your D2 and onward play uses all the other clues that you mention like vote analysis, night kill analysis, etc.
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

49. ISO #199

You can always read old games and try to see if you can figure out who is the scum as you read along. Just be sure not to look at the end of game posts too early so you don't spoil the roles for yourself. The passiveness that ccantman displays in this post look like an easy way for scum to excuse a lack of effort in scumhunting. Scum don't want to waste time trying to look like they're scumhunting because they already know who the scum are and it won't read as genuine.

I'm not sure what to think of this post saying ika is scum but he can't back it up with any reasoning. On one hand, it's scummy for someone to call someone out with "no backing of their claim" but then I also think it seems towny for ccantman to not want to place votes until he's more sure about his scum read. I will say though, this cautious behavior seems to contrast a lot with the troll posts ccantman made early in the day.

I disagree with your assertion that my vote on Stereo wasn't logical. At the time, it was the biggest "lead". I do find those types of "describing self as separate entity from town" posts suspicious and so I wanted to see how Stereo would respond to my pressure.

Independent of that, I was townreading GET/ika. Scum wouldn't buddy so much in the chat. Usually scum just ignore each other so absence of interaction is good to look for, too. Especially once a scumflip happens.

At the beginning of forum mafia games, there is not a lot to go off of, so players often cast random votes or nitpick at semantics [aka me calling out Stereo] or act very strange and start calling scumteams [ika] to try to get people talking and have reactions which can then help people generate reads, etc. to progress the game forward. Happy to answer any questions you might have for me.

Oh snap. I like Spicy Sinon.

I don't want to give scum a roadmap for what town/scumtells I'm looking for in answer to this type of question since it can be used to manipulate me in this game or future ones. Don't care if it looks like I'm deflecting. Not gonna answer and I don't care if it makes me look bad.

While I feel like this post is also fencey which is something I feel like scum would normally do, I'm getting an unsure noob townie vibe from this instead. ccantman seeming more town lean to me now.

I don't like ika in this post. Because the previous one from ccantman makes me townlean/low hanging fruit lean, ika gets scum points for pushing ccantman and beating to death ccantman's RVS vote on the host.

If GET and I were the scumteam, our interactions would literally be too blatantly obvious. Tbh it should actually clear us of being scum together. I just think I can read Mesk pretty well, and this seems like town Mesk. We'll see how things end up shaping out, but for a D1 read, I think reading based on metagame behavior is a fine way to start sorting people.

Liking ccantman as town more and more. I want to see how your D2 and onward play uses all the other clues that you mention like vote analysis, night kill analysis, etc.
    YOU KNOW PTB IS ON THE GET TEAM TOO. JEEZE.

50. ISO #200

Yeah that's really something LOL.

I shouldn't have said disassociate; Whad hasn't really said anything wrt trudeau. I should have said what their take on trudeau is.
    I still stand by GET being town. This is literally town Mesk not a scum Mesk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo View Post
    Yeah, and what did you just do here? Congratulations pal, we're scum buddies now.
    I don't understand what you are asking here, Stereo? Can you explain?

Yeah that's just how Trudeau plays.
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.