Crimes Committed: Skyping

Account Name: XTK
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-1878972
    In-Game Name: butt licker

Crimes Committed: Skyping

Your Account Name: max
    Summary:

XBG was Arsonist, XTK was Bus Driver.
    XTK never said a single word except for when he was put on trial day 5 where he revealed he had swapped himself with 11 (who was XBG, Arso) every night.
    Day 6 there were only 3 people left - a Citizen, XBG the Arsonist and XTK the Bus Driver. The Arso had just burned so nobody was doused. XTK didn't vote and at the end of the day, XBG even admitted he was arso (even though town still could've lynched him the next day, nobody was doused at that moment). However XTK didn't vote and left the following night.

Their Account names and their match histories both show that there's a connection between these two.

xtk xbg.SC2Replay

XTK.pngXBG.png

2. ISO #2

Re: XBG: 1-S2-1-3968233; XTK: 1-S2-1-1878972

ID Verification:
    XBG: 1-S2-1-3968233 - Correct
    XTK: 1-S2-1-1878972 - Correct

Players Added to Report:

Hotkeys
    XBG: Ctrl+2
    XTK: Ctrl+4

Summary
    XBG chooses the name "-prefer Dragon Head" and roles Arsonist in slot #11.
    XTK chooses the name "butt licker" and roles Bus Driver in slot #14.

Day 1
    Normal

Night 1
    #11 douses #15.
    #14 swaps #1 and #14.
    Triad attacks an immune target.
    No one dies.

Day 2
    #1 reveals as the Mayor. Many players PM #1... #11 and #14 do not.
    At the direction of #1, #8 is put on trial and claims Bodyguard. #8 is found guilty 1-10 and lynched (Bodyguard).

Night 2
    #14 swaps #2 and #4.
    #1 quits.
    #14 changes to swap #11 and #14.
    #11 douses #13.
    #9 is found dead from suicide (Informant).
    #15 is killed by the Triad (Lookout).
    #1 is found dead from suicide (Mayor).

Day 3
    #6 begin having a heart attack.
    #7 is voted to trial and claims Survivor. #7 is found guilty 1-3 and lynched (Survivor).

Night 3
    #11 douses #3.
    #14 swaps #11 and #14.
    #3 is killed by the Triad (Citizen).
    #6 dies of a heart attack (Investigator).

Day 4
    #13 claims to be Auditor and is voted to trial. #13 is found guilty 0-5 and lynched (Auditor).

Night 4
    #11 douses #4.
    #14 swaps #11 and #14.
    #5 is killed by the Trad (Investigator)

Day 5
    #14 is voted to trial and claims Bus Driver with LW (first time #14 speaks during game). #11 defends #14. #14 is found innocent 3-2.
    The town points at the two guilty voters as Triad (#2 and #12).
    #12 is voted to triad. While #12 is being voted, #2 quits. #12 claims to be Bus Driver swapping with #11 every night. #10 claims the same thing. #13 is found guilty 0-4 and lynched (Dragon Head).

Night 5
    #11 chooses to burn.
    #14 doesn't swap.
    #2 is found dead from suicide (Enforcer).
    #4 was incinerated (Citizen).

Day 6
    #10 asks if #14 is still there.
    #11 claims not to be bussed.
    #10 claims to be a Citizen.
    #10 votes for #11, and #11 votes for #10.
    No one is voted to trial.

Night 6
    #14 quits the game.

The game ends on Day 7 with an Arsonist victory.

Was the game result altered?
    Definitely.

Player Offenses
    XBG: Smurfing
    XTK: Smurfing, Intentional Game Throwing

Previous Offenses
    XBG: Game Throwing (On Hold)
    XTK: None

Recommended Action
    XBG: Permanent Ban
    XTK: Permanent Ban

Additional Notes
    I don't just think these players are Skyping, I think they are the same person. #11 and #14 never did anything at the same time. The actions were very methodical, that one would take a night action, then the other. One would take a day action, then the other. It is extremely unlikely that in an entire game two wouldn't speak or click at the same time as another. And #14 only spoke once... on trial. Voting was in line. It appears the entire point of the XTK account may be to help XBG win, as XTK has one of the worst win ratios I've ever seen (98/395, which is less than 25%), which XBG's win ratio is consistent with norms (676/1467, about 46%). Let's not even mention here the NAMES of these accounts.

Multi-boxing (smurfing) is not allowed, recommend a permanent ban.

Thanks for helping to keep the game clean!

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

I have read the instructions and I understand that if your appeal is found to be frivolous, staff may double your punishment.

I guess let me vent a little first, but @Nighthawk it would be better to not be an asshole. You could have picked your words better but saying "XTK has one of the worst win ratios I've ever seen" could have been worded a lot better. Saying this statement lost all respect I previously had for you.

Anyways, I will explain what happened to the best of my knowledge and I will try to not be biased.
    Yes, XBG and I know each other. She actually made the name after I made my account. As some proof that these are not smurf accounts, if you look at ladder seasons, my account, I have hit Masters before. Yes, it was a long time ago but I actually have played.
    When I play Mafia, I usually alt tab in between games (Mafia is quite slow for my tastes) This game, what happened was that my starcraft client actually crashed. This really pissed me off because it was a town win.

There's a few points I would like to bring up.
    1. IF I were smurfing, why would I cheat that blatantly(after that many played games IF I was smurfing/cheating to win at Mafia, you would think I would have a better way of hiding it)
    2. When I play bus driver, honestly to me, it's too confusing so I usually end up bussing one person. I KNEW that XBG was -prefer dragon head because she ALWAYS uses that name. I was honestly just fucking with her cuz I hate how bus driver works.
    3. We don't skype but we do live together. We have our computers blocking each other's screen so that we aren't "cheating"

I understand WHY that game specifically seemed like an intentional game throw. To be honest I don't even care that much about Mafia but being banned something that isn't true just bothers me.
    With all of the games that XBG and I have played together, we have gotten some accusations of skyping because of similar names. We always try to make sure that doesn't happen. She enjoys the game a lot and I just like playing sometimes.

In conclusion, I believe the permaban is uncalled for and is not deserved. I also feel that no ACTUAL proof was provided (other than random assumptions). If you watch MOST of my other games. I always play the same. Very slow and boring. I don't really do much unless I have hard facts.

Thank you for listening to my appeal

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Appeal approved for XTK on the grounds that perma was given for smurfing. Punishment downgraded to an 8x ban list which is now expired with time served. Tag reverted back to ban list for the other players ban list.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.