In-Game Name: No one

Crimes Committed: Cheating

Your Account Name: Exeter

Summary:
    Rolls Interrogator.

D1: -

N1: DH is executed by a Jailor.

D2: Informant is lynched.

N2: The player in question becomes an Enforcer.

D3-N4: -

D5: The player in question is put on trial. While on the stand, the Enforcer claims Veteran. He posts a link to an image which is supposed to prove his innocence ("https://puu.sh/oRHfW/5443b67a50.jpg"). He is lynched regardless.

Even though
    (1) no role is shown in the screenshot,
    (2) the image isn't even from the match in question, and
    (3) he got lynched anyway,
    the image shows that the player is town-aligned and could potentially have convinced the town of his innocence.

Additionally, as mentioned by other players on D5 during the trial, he did the same thing in the game prior. Even after being informed and warned by numerous people that it is a reportable offense in that previous game, he proceeded to repeat his actions in this one. Recalcitrant behaviour. Shows no intention to adhere to the rules.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Exeter350; May 17th, 2016 at 08:15 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

2. ISO #2

Re: Jarma: 1-S2-1-6443139

SC ID VERIFICATION
    1. Jarma Correct. 1-S2-1-6443139

Respective Hotkeys
    1. 7

Was the Game Result altered?
    1. No, he was getting hung for his vet claim.

Previous Offenses
    1. None

Player Offenses
    1. Cheating/Additional Information

Summary
    1.Town gets extremely lucky, and also they had a smart spy. DH lynched, then Disguiser disguises N1, spy figures out it was a Disguiser since DH was executed and flipped. Then they lynch the Arsonist. They throw a couple mislynch’s in there until they get to Jarma, who posts the link to the screen grab, and claims vet. Jarma is then hung.

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 12.13.42 AM.png

Conclusion: Cut and dry case of Cheating/Additional Information. No OOGC (content in this case not communication) shall be used to “confirm” or mislead the town as to who you are!

Recommended Action

1. Watch-List x3

Additional Notes
    Thanks for the report! It’s annoying to see players doing this. Regardless, of the outcome, I punish on intent. In this case, it was clear, his intent was to use this image to get him a inno vote, it didn’t work, but it got him on our radar!
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; May 20th, 2016 at 07:29 PM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    Hi, I was in a game with Jarma earlier and he didn't appear to be Watchlisted (no notification during setup phase).
    Is posting a fake screenshot link to convince people i must be innocent actually altering the game, or is it an ingenius way of making it appear that I'm actually what i claim.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jarma View Post
    Is posting a fake screenshot link to convince people i must be innocent actually altering the game, or is it an ingenius way of making it appear that I'm actually what i claim.
    @Jarma , given your Watch List punishment for this incident was issued in May 2016 and lapsed in June 2016, we're not considering this message to be an appeal request, but rather a request for a clarification on the Cheating / Additional Information rule as it relates to external links like screenshots and streams.

You are not allowed to post screenshots, steaming links, or any other means of confirming yourself or sharing information outside of the game -- this is textbook Cheating / Additional Information. You're correct that Mafia is a game of deception, but the idea is deception within the game itself as opposed to players needing to consider the authenticity of out-of-game evidence. Doing so is absolutely altering the game because players are now deciding whether you're innocent or not based on external evidence you have provided as opposed to how persuasive you are in the game itself. The point of Mafia is to decide innocence or guilt based on what's happening in the game, not based on how well you think people can doctor screenshots or streams.

Also, it just gets way too messy re: people actually cheating that way, especially as external links can be changed later -- for example, you post an actual screenshot and then you change the picture or delete it after the game so it looks like you're not cheating, and then no one can prove it either way. It's just a can of worms that neither staff nor the community in general want to open. That's why there's a very clear rule against posting links with any information about the game you're in.

7. ISO #7